Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,254 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips (16330 Views)

Dr Joe Abah Celebrates 30 Years Marriage. Share Tips For Young Men / How Do You Handle This Type Of Situation? / How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Abusadiq01(m): 2:19pm On Apr 29, 2023
Bt senior man, shey u broke truly need!!!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 29, 2023
This is Revolutionary.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by bolacode: 2:21pm On Apr 29, 2023
Enter buka
Eat amala, gbegiri and ewedu
Collect better meat, fish and kponmo
Collect cold malt join

Face your hustle and succeed

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Nice2023(m): 2:22pm On Apr 29, 2023
Environment matters.

When u patronise a cheap restaurant u are sure to meet cheap people with parrot mouths but if otherwise,u will equally meet people who respect boundaries.

Therefore,change ur environment,if na some villages u dey,them for don kill u tey tey.

I still maintain that u change ur environment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by LegendaryArnold(m): 2:23pm On Apr 29, 2023
Ebus12:
Rumours and false accusations are two things that has become a part of my life. Like always! Always!
I have heard rumors of me being a thief. I have heard rumors of me being gay. Heard rumors and has been accused of having an evil spirit and being demon-possessed. Of recent, my neighbor's wife even accused me of wanting to break her marriage, all because I staked a bet with her husband, that if he could successfully woo and get this new girl in our block, I would gift him 10k.

All these rumors and accusations don't shake me though. I see them most times as prophecies. Even if I haven't stolen in my life, I cannot tell what the case will be tomorrow, after all, the only thing holding the sun and the moon is time. I simply wave off that nonsense and see them as words of fools and jobless idiots.

But this recent rumor, which I see as a total witch-hunt, is aimed at giving my destiny helpers a "too-much" positive impression about me. This might make them see me as their destiny helper instead, and that is why I didn't take it, dear diary.

So because I came back last week with a fairly used, and fairly stolen laptop, which I bought 12,320 from a Yoruba vendor in one of the computer villages around, changed my slippers, managed to carve my hair, and shared a packet of milcose for the kids in my compound, news started flying around that I am now a big boy.

-He has started pressing.
-He done cash-out.
-He just dey fresh
-Show me an update nah
And so much other rubbish
There is nothing I haven't heard, dear diary, these few days.

Recently, these two girls around my street have formed the habit of raising their polo whenever they sight me so that I can have a clearer view of their backsides. In their mind, nah G boy I be.

As usual, I didn't care about any of the rubbish flying around about me, until yesterday when one of the gossip mongers, had the guts to knock at my door, and after hailing me, asked me to 'show him the way', because according to what he heard, God has blessed me.
That was the one that made me lose it. That virtue of 'Long suffering' left me immediately and
with a very thunderous slap on his left cheek, I asked the mugu who God has blessed.
God has blessed me?
I slapped the idiot again and asked him "Kingsley, come, who did you say, God blessed? But before I could land a corresponding knock, the demon fled.

Like, these wicked people didn't only stop at denting me before my destiny helpers, but now also want to present me as "Made" before the almighty God.
Jesus Christ! Why are people this cruel?

Let them say, elenu lo lenu
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by TheGift: 2:24pm On Apr 29, 2023
First of all, how do you hear all these rumors?

Why do you care so much about what people say about you?

Why would you assault someone for asking you to show him the way?

What is the fire that you are lighting which may be bringing the smoke of rumors?

I think your main issue is that you are too caught up in yourself , and care so much about what people think about you. Hence you are always looking out to hear what people may have to say, and even when they are not saying something , you still hear what you expect them to say. You make assumptions, and jump to conclusions about people's motivations.

You slapped that guy just because you could, why didn't you slap your neighbors wife for confronting you and your maritally disrespectful bet?

And those girls, How did you know they were raising their polo if you were not looking in their direction? And why didn't you go to slap them?

Fact is, you are seeing the world , not as it is, but as you are.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 29, 2023
It depends on the rumour, who started it and who propagate it. I don't really move with people so I hardly get labelled with rumors . The little hear things but the little i hear, I either address it or ignore it. grin
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by lebienconnu: 2:28pm On Apr 29, 2023
I am pachydemic (thick skin) to rumors about myself. It used to bother me but over the years when I realized how little it had to do with my life then I learnt to click ignore. People would believe what they want about you and there is very little you can do about it. Just do everything in your capacity to be good.

Dazzol.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by spencekat(m): 2:29pm On Apr 29, 2023
No send them except na truth wey dey affect me.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by fabolouz1(m): 2:30pm On Apr 29, 2023
I don't pay attention to it .
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 29, 2023
Remove yourself from petty circles
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by okrikaboi: 2:31pm On Apr 29, 2023
The rumour version of my life is more exciting than my actual life grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by BarrElChapo(m): 2:32pm On Apr 29, 2023
How did this thrash get to FP ?
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by BarrElChapo(m): 2:36pm On Apr 29, 2023
Ebus12:
Rumours and false accusations are two things that has become a part of my life. Like always! Always!
I have heard rumors of me being a thief. I have heard rumors of me being gay. Heard rumors and has been accused of having an evil spirit and being demon-possessed. Of recent, my neighbor's wife even accused me of wanting to break her marriage, all because I staked a bet with her husband, that if he could successfully woo and get this new girl in our block, I would gift him 10k.

All these rumors and accusations don't shake me though. I see them most times as prophecies. Even if I haven't stolen in my life, I cannot tell what the case will be tomorrow, after all, the only thing holding the sun and the moon is time. I simply wave off that nonsense and see them as words of fools and jobless idiots.

But this recent rumor, which I see as a total witch-hunt, is aimed at giving my destiny helpers a "too-much" positive impression about me. This might make them see me as their destiny helper instead, and that is why I didn't take it, dear diary.

So because I came back last week with a fairly used, and fairly stolen laptop, which I bought 12,320 from a Yoruba vendor in one of the computer villages around, changed my slippers, managed to carve my hair, and shared a packet of milcose for the kids in my compound, news started flying around that I am now a big boy.

-He done cash-out.
-He just dey fresh
-Show me an update nah

Recently, these two girls around my street have formed the habit of raising their polo whenever they sight me so that I can have a clearer view of their backsides. In their mind, nah G boy I be.

As usual, I didn't care about any of the rubbish flying around about me, until yesterday when one of the gossip mongers, had the guts to knock at my door, and after hailing me, asked me to 'show him the way', because according to what he heard, God has blessed me.
That was the one that made me lose it. That virtue of 'Long suffering' left me immediately and
with a very thunderous slap on his left cheek, I asked the mugu who God has blessed.
God has blessed me?
I slapped the idiot again and asked him "Kingsley, come, who did you say, God blessed? But before I could land a corresponding knock, the demon fled.

Like, these wicked people didn't only stop at denting me before my destiny helpers, but now also want to present me as "Made" before the almighty God.

Worthless read

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by jessylaurel(f): 2:39pm On Apr 29, 2023
Ebus12:

-He done cash-out.
-He just dey fresh
-Show me an update nah

God has blessed me?

I Just listen attentively to them/it and smile grin grin grin..that's why it's called 'Rumour ' kiss

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by DrAda(f): 2:41pm On Apr 29, 2023
Best day ever
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Image123(m): 2:42pm On Apr 29, 2023
Dispel it publicly and don't stress yourself.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Donedeal1(m): 2:42pm On Apr 29, 2023
Good or bad

I love to be mentioned

Better still to be the topic

You would not love to be ignored

It's not better neither

So be intentionally scarce some times.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by davien(m): 2:55pm On Apr 29, 2023
I've been accused of being gay too, because I speak good English. Next was that my father did ritual is why we're always in good times. The most recent was that I raped a girl who stayed with me, this was spread by the girl herself because I didn't want her.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by scobaba: 3:01pm On Apr 29, 2023
Make dem talk.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by idu1(m): 3:03pm On Apr 29, 2023
I ignore them. It's hard to do. I thank God for that ability he gave me. I don't believe rumours about myself or another person.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by winner37(m): 3:04pm On Apr 29, 2023
BloomingDale:
Just avoid Yoruba people. They are champion gossipers and backbiters.

I have noticed that in my work place..🤫

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Poweidebenteke(m): 3:06pm On Apr 29, 2023
I ignore such
And I don't talk about it
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by winner37(m): 3:06pm On Apr 29, 2023
I only turned darf ear to fly news
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by razzydoo(m): 3:07pm On Apr 29, 2023
Divoc19:
Careless because..

If nobody talk about you
Then you are nobody
Wether na true them talk or na lie i
My guy i, walahi

2 Face ft M.I
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Rhozabeth(m): 3:13pm On Apr 29, 2023
As long as you continue to listen to rumors or side talk about you, you will continue to have headache or high blood pressure! Close ur ears to these talks and live ur life!, Grow thick skin ti what anybody is saying about u, thats the only way u can enjoy ur life! Plus u need to grow up pls!
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Anoma1Henry: 3:16pm On Apr 29, 2023
Report to the police
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by alibiz: 3:16pm On Apr 29, 2023
Self assessment is important, if you are not in any way what the say.
Overlook them and move on.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Itisallright: 3:19pm On Apr 29, 2023
lipsrsealed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? / Moving Out From Parent's House- Your Experience! / Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.