Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,408 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips (16288 Views)

Dr Joe Abah Celebrates 30 Years Marriage. Share Tips For Young Men / How Do You Handle This Type Of Situation? / How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 27, 2023
Rumours and false accusations are two things that has become a part of my life. Like always! Always!
I have heard rumors of me being a thief. I have heard rumors of me being gay. Heard rumors and has been accused of having an evil spirit and being demon-possessed. Of recent, my neighbor's wife even accused me of wanting to break her marriage, all because I staked a bet with her husband, that if he could successfully woo and get this new girl in our block, I would gift him 10k.

All these rumors and accusations don't shake me though. I see them most times as prophecies. Even if I haven't stolen in my life, I cannot tell what the case will be tomorrow, after all, the only thing holding the sun and the moon is time. I simply wave off that nonsense and see them as words of fools and jobless idiots.

But this recent rumor, which I see as a total witch-hunt, is aimed at giving my destiny helpers a "too-much" positive impression about me. This might make them see me as their destiny helper instead, and that is why I didn't take it, dear diary.

So because I came back last week with a fairly used, and fairly stolen laptop, which I bought 12,320 from a Yoruba vendor in one of the computer villages around, changed my slippers, managed to carve my hair, and shared a packet of milcose for the kids in my compound, news started flying around that I am now a big boy.

-He has started pressing.
-He done cash-out.
-He just dey fresh
-Show me an update nah
And so much other rubbish
There is nothing I haven't heard, dear diary, these few days.

Recently, these two girls around my street have formed the habit of raising their polo whenever they sight me so that I can have a clearer view of their backsides. In their mind, nah G boy I be.

As usual, I didn't care about any of the rubbish flying around about me, until yesterday when one of the gossip mongers, had the guts to knock at my door, and after hailing me, asked me to 'show him the way', because according to what he heard, God has blessed me.
That was the one that made me lose it. That virtue of 'Long suffering' left me immediately and
with a very thunderous slap on his left cheek, I asked the mugu who God has blessed.
God has blessed me?
I slapped the idiot again and asked him "Kingsley, come, who did you say, God blessed? But before I could land a corresponding knock, the demon fled.

Like, these wicked people didn't only stop at denting me before my destiny helpers, but now also want to present me as "Made" before the almighty God.
Jesus Christ! Why are people this cruel?

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by DearGorgeous(f): 9:17pm On Apr 27, 2023
embarassed
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Divoc19(f): 9:20pm On Apr 27, 2023
Careless because..

If nobody talk about you
Then you are nobody
Wether na true them talk or na lie i
My guy i, walahi

2 Face ft M.I

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by LuvSwollenPussy(m): 9:25pm On Apr 27, 2023
I ignore rumours and pray to make more news for them to talk about

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by illicit(m): 9:42pm On Apr 27, 2023
Make the rumour reach EFCC first

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by bukatyne(f): 10:50pm On Apr 27, 2023
From your own examples, the rumours have a bit of substance perhaps embellished.

1. You stake a bet with a married man that if he successfully woos a lady, you would give him N10k. Do you understand that you are encouraging a man to commit adultery? While he is ultimately responsible for his choice, you are aiding and abetting him hence his wife is very correct.

2. You bought a partly stolen(it is either stolen or not), partly used laptop for approx N13k. Your neighbours thought you bought it in a honest way and accessed the laptop's value based on the market value. Now, I do not know the living arrangements you have that your neighbours know every new thing you buy however, they are right to assume you have hammered given your new purchase and clean up. Do they have the right to harass you, definitely not.

I would advise you re-evaluate your life style and live a blameless life before accusing people of starting rumours about you.

126 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by kiddkash(m): 11:07pm On Apr 27, 2023
My motto, whatever you hear about me, believe it. Add more and tell more people

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by JeffreyJunior: 11:45pm On Apr 27, 2023
Silence in public and loud laughter in private, that's how I handle them.

Some have said my dad put me in his "cult" before he died. My pops was never a cult man just that he was not naive in matters of religion eventhough he was a knight.

Many others once said that the gay country affected me and that I could be one.

Another set said that oyibo woman don born pikin for me which was why my mum haff not killed herself over my matter then.

The last trending one was that I died, my mum arranged for me to be buried abroad and covered it up so that umunna people would not take over my papa properties.

Sometime ago, I called my uncle and asked him to do a task on my behalf but he was kinda insisting I showed up fess. I never knew the reason until I went home and visited him in PortHarcourt afterwards. He knelt down and thanked God saying his enemies had been put to shame. He then told me that the rumor was why he was dillydallying. I asked him about my calls and he said if oyibo could clone human being, na my voice go come hard them to forge. That day, I laughed like I was on cheap drugs. cheesy

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Kobojunkie: 11:50pm On Apr 27, 2023
Ebus12:
โ–  As usual, I didn't care about any of the rubbish flying around about me, until yesterday when one of the gossip mongers, had the guts to knock at my door, and after hailing me, asked me to 'show him the way', because according to what he heard, God has blessed me.
That was the one that made me lose it. That virtue of 'Long suffering' left me immediately and
with a very thunderous slap on his left cheek, I asked the mugu who God has blessed.
God has blessed me? I slapped the idiot again and asked him "Kingsley, come, who did you say, God blessed? But before I could land a corresponding knock, the demon fled.

Like, these wicked people didn't only stop at denting me before my destiny helpers, but now also want to present me as "Made" before the almighty God. Jesus Christ! Why are people this cruel?
1. Can you folks just stop dragging God's mention into all this brain damage for crying out loud? undecided

You slapped a human being for asking you as question and you came here to be praised or what? undecided

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Belafonte(m): 5:45am On Apr 29, 2023
This is either a troll or a mentally unstable individual.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by tsephanyah(f): 6:44am On Apr 29, 2023
Belafonte:
This is either a troll or a mentally unstable individual.
or both

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by 1Sharon(f): 6:47am On Apr 29, 2023
There is some truth to every rumour, what were you doing to be called gay and a thief?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by pocohantas(f): 10:24am On Apr 29, 2023
Lol. Why do I think you are trolling?

On a serious note, I believe there are three elements that determine the effect of a rumour.

1) Is it true?
2) What are the reactions of every living party directly affected or involved in the rumour?
3) Do you have a willingness to stop this rumour?

If it isn't true and the parties involved do not care, then you can handle that kinda rumour.

If it has a semblance of truth. Maybe you are tagged a yahoo boy/cultist and you move about with them. It is up to you to reduce association with them.

However, most people that claim not to care actually care. That is what I have come to notice. They will be stylishly referencing it and it is only a matter of time it gets to them or the rumoured party would get irritated. We are social beings after all.

How I handle a rumour is not a one size fits all. If I can fix it, I fix it. If I see I have to keep defending myself, then I might have to detach from people that constantly make me see the need to address that rumour for my peace of mind. Women want peace of mind too. Gracias...

14 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Foodqueen(f): 10:52am On Apr 29, 2023
I don't care what people say about me, I care for what I do.

12 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by doggedfighter(f): 11:11am On Apr 29, 2023
pocohantas:
Lol. Why do I think you are trolling?

On a serious note, I believe there are three elements that determine the effect of a rumour.

1) Is it true?
2) What are the reactions of every living party directly affected or involved in the rumour?
3) Do you have a willingness to stop this rumour?

If it isn't true and the parties involved do not care, then you can handle that kinda rumour.

If it has a semblance of truth. Maybe you are tagged a yahoo boy/cultist and you move about with them. It is up to you to reduce association with them.

However, most people that claim not to care actually care. That is what I have come to notice. They will be stylishly referencing it and it is only a matter of time it gets to them or the rumoured party would get irritated. We are social beings after all.

How I handle a rumour is not a one size fits all. If I can fix it, I fix it. If I see I have to keep defending myself, then I might have to detach from people that constantly make me see the need to address that rumour for my peace of mind. Women want peace of mind too. Gracias...

Did he say fairly stolen laptop ?

You read that too ?

Or I didn't read right ?

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by pocohantas(f): 12:09pm On Apr 29, 2023
doggedfighter:

Did he say fairly stolen laptop ?

You read that too ?

Or I didn't read right ?

That is why I think he is trolling. cheesy cheesy

What is fairly stolen? Is it stolen or not?
Hahahaha

8 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by meum: 2:08pm On Apr 29, 2023
Listen to it & add more juice to their content.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by TemplarLandry: 2:08pm On Apr 29, 2023
Ignore the naysayers, rumor mongers and backbiters.
Only ripe fruits gets stoned.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Funkyswagzz(m): 2:09pm On Apr 29, 2023
I really dont give a f**k about rumours. Anyone gossiping with my name is really wasting his time

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by SultanOfAbia: 2:09pm On Apr 29, 2023
Ok
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Amigo101(m): 2:12pm On Apr 29, 2023
Let people believe what they want abeg.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by rafcrown(m): 2:12pm On Apr 29, 2023
Ignore the rumour mongers
Be on your guard because the aim is to pull you down.
Be well focused because their aim is to block your goals.
Make amendments if they have some facts.
Finally
SAY NO TO RACISM,DRUGS AND RUMOUR MONGERING.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by iLoveYouToo(m): 2:13pm On Apr 29, 2023
Ignore the rumors, Iโ€™m currently facing one of such

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by jeeqaa7(m): 2:13pm On Apr 29, 2023
e nor consign me...

but honestly, I think the rumours about you are true

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by irunokoisawerey: 2:13pm On Apr 29, 2023
grin to be honest... I like it when people gossip about me... it mysteriously makes me go higher. I always try to bury my dirty secrets in order not to be used against me, but when there is a leak I would just ignore or at worst prove myself with utmost sincerity, then I would take note of the culprits or traitors, put them on blacklist, learn my lessons, and make sure it never happens again. I don't repeat mistakes... that's my nature. Am slow but deadly. grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by id4sho(m): 2:13pm On Apr 29, 2023
Fuยขk y'all, I don't care what people say or think about me. I blast you to your face expecially oldies tongue

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by RepoMan007: 2:15pm On Apr 29, 2023
Backbiters are always at the back.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 29, 2023
They are distractions
And I will handle it same way BAT will handle it...

1. Don't give a fvck about them...
2. Don't give a fvck about pple carrying them..
3. Repeat 1 and 2

God bless the president elect, BOLA Ahmed Tinubu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Coolx: 2:15pm On Apr 29, 2023
Who cares

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by BloomingDale(f): 2:16pm On Apr 29, 2023

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reasons Kids Are Tiny Drunk Adults / Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia / Operation No To Househelps 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.