Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,440 members, 7,850,541 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:40 AM

NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. (14647 Views)

SDP Pres. Candidate, Adewole Adebayo Reacts To Allegation Of Drug Crime / Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Allegation That Her Husband Stole From The NHIS / Feminist Coalition Reacts To Allegation Of Misappropriation Of EndSARS Donations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by realestate99: 4:00pm On May 02, 2023
Ogbastan080645:
I know that news is true because Igbo's do not make false claim they were forced out of the bus because they came from the eastern side of the country there is no need for them to make false claim but u know one thing the government representative will only deny cos it is their stock in trade
Lol, another bloda in action. You and your people are the master of childish propaganda, you can check "Elupee movement" for more details.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Juoflife1(f): 4:06pm On May 02, 2023
This is not a clear response. They should clarify more. Did these buses carry only women, children and students?
You said they arrived late, you also said they were asked to alight from the bus. Someone is not telling the truth here.
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Cooly100: 4:08pm On May 02, 2023
helinues:

We supported Buhari's reelection meaning SW and NC are the election deciders in Nigeria. Undisputable fact

...and this started in 2015...

Where have you been since Nigeria was created?

Most people from your region always reason below average.
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Dareal90s(m): 4:14pm On May 02, 2023

1 Like

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by LionTiger(m): 4:16pm On May 02, 2023
NIDCOM0 Aboki, you've only search the Dictionary for Vocabular. You haven't address the issue.
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Jomonix: 4:19pm On May 02, 2023
How true is it that Igbos are not evacuated because of nepotism, we do not have the facts. But the truth is that the Igbo has suffered and continue to suffer injustice in Nigeria. As such mere perceptions can be misconstrued. The comments I read here are pitiful. Denials and intimidation will not solve this problem, unless we begin to embrace one another as equal citizens
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Sltp: 4:19pm On May 02, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
even ur constitution na state of origin e recognize we are yet to change to residence status besides once those guys land in Nigeria it's their state that should continue from there. .. everything isn't federal govt besides nobi Nigeria send them go Sudan ok... As for some Igbos and their yeye victim mentality they should continue
You don't know what you're talking about. State of origin is only used to identify Nigerians within Nigeria. Immediately you cross the border, what we use is Nigerian passport. Using state of origin is suspicious and their damage control statement claiming it's to screen out non Nigerians has shown the policy was formed for with an ulterior motive
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by viodemus: 4:27pm On May 02, 2023
Na only God know wetin dey sup for this matter. Could it be that Air peace was frustrated by the authorities on purpose, or it was pure incompetence on the authorities part.

I can bet the Igbos there did not go there to increase their terrorism indoctrination. This is an example of the type of frustration that Nigeria does to everyone, but especially the igbos. Frustrating Igbos to hopelessness, that even Sudan is better in business for some of them, even as extremists as the north Sudan is.

Did igbos even make it in one of the 40 buses? Am not talking of any of the drivers. How can a whole 40 buses and no igbos in the buses, when even to my surprise they are close in population to the northerners in that country. So, the chances of many igbos not making the time, or hearing about the time, is low if you sent the message was sent out without bias.

At the end of the day, it was Nigerian money (resources and borrowed money in the name of all Nigeria), that the ability to finance these evacuations came from. So, igbos should be part of that evacuation. Igbos don't have a country yet, but some resources from there are being used to develop Nigeria. And all the states that are getting money from the FG, don't really have a right to deny other current Nigerians the right to board. Air peace probably didn't care if it was igbos or whoever that they will carry back home.
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by BreconHills(m): 4:27pm On May 02, 2023
KingsCity:
I see no possible justification for lifting people based on their state of origin

All these evil people are going to get their reward in due course

If this is so, surely it is the good people of zamfara that should be complaining not Abia, Anambra,ebonyi and Enugu

You guys just like to hear the sound of your own voice even if it doesn't make sense.

1 Like

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Donake: 5:01pm On May 02, 2023
Just Nigeria experienced rush from other nationalities with daggers and sorts,when it got to clarification they were left stranded at the evacuating point perhaps reiterating they were Nigerians,but guess what? People who survived £20 would survive anything to escape this bigotry by it's government.

I'm Igbo and wouldn't chicken out.
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Gaabasky: 5:06pm On May 02, 2023
Sltp:
The way to know who's a Nigerian is by him/her indicating his/her state of origin? Do you have state of origin identity? Your response has shown there's a truth to this accusation. Passport is the only way to know who a is a Nigerian and not by state of origin

Which passport? Some of them follow illegal way. U can't knw the gravity of our problems until u work closely with Niger, Chad, and some countries. The way they claimed Nigeria especially when they commit atrocity and when they also need favour is alarming.

1 Like

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Sltp: 5:09pm On May 02, 2023
Gaabasky:

Which passport? Some of them follow illegal way. U can't knw the gravity of our problems until u work closely with Niger, Chad, and some countries. The way they claimed Nigeria especially when they commit atrocity and when they also need favour is alarming.
You can't be schooling in Sudan without passport. And this has absolutely nothing to do with Niger and Chad as they'll be given higher priority over someone from Southern Nigerian. Even in Nigeria, they have a higher priority
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by harmonyglobal: 5:28pm On May 02, 2023
First of all, some of them claim only Muslims were in Sudan and that a Christian that owns Airpeace is volunteering to help them back to Nigeria, and now they are crying igbos are being left behind
These people are confused

1 Like

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by SLOVFO(m): 5:37pm On May 02, 2023
Sltp:
The way to know who's a Nigerian is by him/her indicating his/her state of origin? Do you have state of origin identity? Your response has shown there's a truth to this accusation. Passport is the only way to know who a is a Nigerian and not by state of origin

I was about to comment that too...why state of origin when you have Nigerian passport? Since the essence of the whole measure is to weed out foreigners why use state of origin?
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by bigcasava1(m): 5:59pm On May 02, 2023
So igbos you left in Sudan came from zamfara state while zamfara people came from Anambra and abia
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by egunna(m): 6:06pm On May 02, 2023
Herdsmen:
In others words .. those Nigerians remaining are not Nigerians .. meaning the essence of the whole drama failed ..

What stupid excuse

Other countries will make sure the free their citizens without all this gibberish .. nepotism has killed and buried Nigeria in the mud before comity of nations.. and the Yoruba spokesman is even priding in his stupidity..

So the miss the bus of 1.2 million .. they’re on their own.. and are no more Nigerians …

if they die .. not the Yoruba man and he’s madam problem..

What next.. ?

And all of them na from one tribe …

Haba.. Abike with her ver strong tribal Yoruba spirit

Thought the initial said it’s all minister of foreign affairs

Why is the Yoruba woman and her Yoruba spokesperson responding
so no Igbo person was brought back home?
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:19pm On May 02, 2023
Sltp:
You don't know what you're talking about. State of origin is only used to identify Nigerians within Nigeria. Immediately you cross the border, what we use is Nigerian passport. Using state of origin is suspicious and their damage control statement claiming it's to screen out non Nigerians has shown the policy was formed for with an ulterior motive
that's ur own opinion using state of origin to evacuate no issue except it's u bitter pple trying to pick unnecessary holes

1 Like

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by seanfer(m): 6:24pm On May 02, 2023
KingsCity:
I see no possible justification for lifting people based on their state of origin

Did you read where it was written that some people go are not Nigerians were forcing their way into the bus.
Also using state of origin will Favour the south east because they will be called before most northern states.
Reading and comprehension is to different things.
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by WorldRichest: 6:58pm On May 02, 2023
KingsCity:

You should be discussing this with that Igbo man that is the Minister of Foreign Affairs.

1 Like

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Arabaincubus: 8:57pm On May 02, 2023
This is absolute nonsense but it's alright.
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Minjim: 10:19pm On May 02, 2023
KingsCity:

You people should read to comprehend now.

Nigerians aren't the only ones stranded in Sudan.

People from other countries are exploring the chaotic situation to jump into Nigeria's buses to evacuate Nigerians.
The only way to get rid of such people is to profile everyone being rescued

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Ade3131: 11:37pm On May 02, 2023
obembet:
I hope this is not true sha
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Ade3131: 11:46pm On May 02, 2023
Cooly100:

Shut it...

I have never seen a country where vast majority of their separate tribes hate each other so much and yet they are ready to kill if any wants to leave.

The false narrative back to back from you guys is sickening. When you say ready to kill if anyone wants to leave, who have killed anyone since the beginning of the agitation to leave Nigeria started?

Let's even take a closer look at it. Is it not unknown gunmen (AKA IPOB) that has been attacking FG security installations within southeast?

But when these armed forces fight back, it becomes they're killing Igbos. Even Nnamdi Kalu that was captured is still alive. They didn't kill him and will never kill him, yet the narrative on your people's mouth is that they've been killing Igbos because they want out of the country.

1 Like

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by XAUBulls: 2:18am On May 03, 2023
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Lifestone(m): 3:21am On May 03, 2023
AK481:
I first read the initial post and the person that posted it is arejibadz and not Naptu2.

one will imagine that the speed at which he is posting the rejoinder ,he would also used the same speed in posting the main news, but I m not surprise.

people like me know these creatures inside out. i know how they behave.

meanwhile, this trash of an excuse by NIDCOM have not answered the central question of bigotry.

why is its only one tribe that was left behind amidst the chaotic scene ?
I think you should ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs whose Embassy handled this.

1 Like

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Lifestone(m): 3:31am On May 03, 2023
Donake:
Just Nigeria experienced rush from other nationalities with daggers and sorts,when it got to clarification they were left stranded at the evacuating point perhaps reiterating they were Nigerians,but guess what? People who survived £20 would survive anything to escape this bigotry by it's government.

I'm Igbo and wouldn't chicken out.
I thought Geoffrey Onyeama is the current Minister for Foreign Affairs and he controls the Embassy that handled the evacuation. I also want to believe that No Igbo man was evacuated. You guys like playing the victim.

1 Like

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by 123papas(m): 3:41am On May 03, 2023
Let’s see the statistics of Nigerians moved according to their state of origin
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by justtoodark: 5:24am On May 03, 2023
AK481:
I first read the initial post and the person that posted it is arejibadz and not Naptu2.

one will imagine that the speed at which he is posting the rejoinder ,he would also used the same speed in posting the main news, but I m not surprise.

people like me know these creatures inside out. i know how they behave.

meanwhile, this trash of an excuse by NIDCOM have not answered the central question of bigotry.

why is its only one tribe that was left behind amidst the chaotic scene ?

startin with abia is leavin behind....??
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by XAUBulls: 12:39pm On May 03, 2023
naptu2:
Remember, the two agencies that are in charge of the evacuation are the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development (which provides funds) and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (which provides personnel).
Indeed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reps Probe Goodluck Jonathan’s N9bn Clean Stove Project / Operation Cat Race In Benue: The Military Is Aiding Herdsmen - IHRCMG / Planting Of Bombs In Southeast: Your Withdrawal After-thought, Group Blasts Umeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.