Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,154 members, 7,829,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. (14629 Views)

SDP Pres. Candidate, Adewole Adebayo Reacts To Allegation Of Drug Crime / Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Allegation That Her Husband Stole From The NHIS / Feminist Coalition Reacts To Allegation Of Misappropriation Of EndSARS Donations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by naptu2: 2:33pm On May 02, 2023
See previous thread here: Man Accuses Abike Dabiri Of Abandoning Igbos In Sudan (Video, Photos)

Nigerians in Diaspora Commission @nidcom_gov

PRESS STATEMENT

Re: South East Coalition accusation of ethnic bias on boarding of citizens stranded in Sudan: a wicked lie

Abuja: Tuesday, May 2, 2023.

It has come to the attention of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM) of a fabricated lie from the pit of hell that the Chairman/ CEO, Hon. (Dr) Abike Dabiri- Erewa, prevented some Nigerians, especially of the South East extraction from boarding buses hired by the Federal Government to evacuate stranded Nigerians from the war-torn Khartoum in Sudan.

The ridiculous allegation which was first published by one Chukwujekwu Ilozue of the Daily Independent Newspapers on May 1, 2023, and syndicated by This Day Newspapers, Nigerian Tribune online and other online media, is the height of rascality and mischief.

The said group never bothered to cross check the sponsored false story on Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa or get her own side of the story before spreading the falsehood all over the media in the spirit of fairness, balancing and objectivity.

The allegation by the faceless group, a Coalition of South East Youth Leaders, (COSEYL),
signed by one Hon Goodluck Ibem against the indefatigable Abike Dabiri -Erewa who was busy coordinating the two-day conference of Global African Diaspora Symposium (GADS), with 64 countries in attendance in Abuja, is most wicked, divisive and a ridiculous fabrication.

Reports from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs staff on ground in Khartoum, indicated that when the boarding of buses began , the situation was so chaotic that some people (including Non Nigerians) jumped in violently , some with daggers, through the windows . To bring sanity and to abide by the instruction of the Minister of Foreign Affairs that priority should be given to women , children and students, the officials started calling them in according to states in alphabetical order , beginning with Abia State.

Reports from Sudan indicate that all who converged at the prescribed locations, were to be picked up, have all been moved in 40 buses either towards Port Sudan or towards Egyptian borders.

However , if some arrived after the stipulated time or did not show up at the point of pick up, they can’t blame it on any one.

NIDCOM is focussed, working with other relevant agencies ,on the safe return of stranded Nigerians and will not be distracted by nonsensical, illogical , irresponsible , rascal and unfounded comments meant to distract from the success , safe and secure return of Nigerians from Khartoum, Sudan.

E-signed
Abdur-Rahman Balogun
Head of Media, Public Relations and Protocols Unit NiDCOM, Abuja.
Abuja,
May 2, 2023.

https://twitter.com/nidcom_gov/status/1653355087626993666

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Ofunaofu: 2:36pm On May 02, 2023
angry
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by KingsCity: 2:37pm On May 02, 2023
I see no possible justification for lifting people based on their state of origin

All these evil people are going to get their reward in due course

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Occurstaem(m): 2:38pm On May 02, 2023
A
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by bigdammyj: 2:40pm On May 02, 2023
Okay.
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Houseofglam7(f): 2:41pm On May 02, 2023
undecided
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by clearcrystal: 2:42pm On May 02, 2023
Na them hate Nigeria pass

They are the first to raise false alarm
They are terrible people

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Dittodat: 2:42pm On May 02, 2023
K
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by AK481(m): 2:43pm On May 02, 2023
I first read the initial post and the person that posted it is arejibadz and not Naptu2.

one will imagine that the speed at which he is posting the rejoinder ,he would also used the same speed in posting the main news, but I m not surprise.

people like me know these creatures inside out. i know how they behave.

meanwhile, this trash of an excuse by NIDCOM have not answered the central question of bigotry.

why is its only one tribe that was left behind amidst the chaotic scene ?

7 Likes

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Dareal90s(m): 2:44pm On May 02, 2023

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Armaggedon: 2:44pm On May 02, 2023
I knew it was true
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Beolly(m): 2:44pm On May 02, 2023
Nowadays people so quick to bring in ethnic colourations into any incident since the conclusions of presidential election and particularly the failure of Chinedu to win the Lagos governorship election.

All this "we against them" mentality won't help anyone.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Herdsmen: 2:44pm On May 02, 2023
In others words .. those Nigerians remaining are not Nigerians .. meaning the essence of the whole drama failed ..

What stupid excuse

Other countries will make sure the free their citizens without all this gibberish .. nepotism has killed and buried Nigeria in the mud before comity of nations.. and the Yoruba spokesman is even priding in his stupidity..

So the miss the bus of 1.2 million .. they’re on their own.. and are no more Nigerians …

if they die .. not the Yoruba man and he’s madam problem..

What next.. ?

And all of them na from one tribe …

Haba.. Abike with her ver strong tribal Yoruba spirit

Thought the initial said it’s all minister of foreign affairs

Why is the Yoruba woman and her Yoruba spokesperson responding

15 Likes

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Sltp: 2:44pm On May 02, 2023
The way to know who's a Nigerian is by him/her indicating his/her state of origin? Do you have state of origin identity? Your response has shown there's a truth to this accusation. Passport is the only way to know who a is a Nigerian and not by state of origin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by naptu2: 2:45pm On May 02, 2023
Remember, the two agencies that are in charge of the evacuation are the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development (which provides funds) and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (which provides personnel).

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Mopolchi: 2:46pm On May 02, 2023
Apc and wayo and wickedness na 5 and 6

3 Likes

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by engineerboat(m): 2:47pm On May 02, 2023
The Question is Can You give evidence to back up the claim that Igbo as been complained by them are in Either Port Sudan or Egypt or on transit

1 Like

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by obembet(f): 2:47pm On May 02, 2023
I hope this is not true sha
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by N3TRAL: 2:47pm On May 02, 2023
If I were to follow the posts I saw on Social media this weekend, I'd genuinely believe that there's nobody from my tribe in Sudan.

The posts were like:

"Air Peace CEO saves Nigerians in Sudan who are mainly Northerners. Don't enter the plane because he is an Igbo man".

"Only Northerners from Nigeria stay in Sudan because it's a breeding ground for terrorism".

"Na only Aboki dey Sudan E no concern me."

On Monday morning, the story changed to :

"They're abandoning Igbos in Sudan".

LET ME ASSURE YOU HERE:

All Nigerians irrespective of their ethnicity have an equal chance of evacuation.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Mccullum: 2:50pm On May 02, 2023
These people and their victim card game strategy, always politicizing everything for

attention seeking. IPOB has downgraded Igbos race to crying baby at all time in a

very childish manner, this made them to loss sympathy of planet earth populace.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Cooly100: 2:50pm On May 02, 2023
clearcrystal:
Na them hate Nigeria pass

They are the first to raise false alarm
They are terrible people

Only more terrible people will kill millions and ready to kill more millions than allow those terrible people to exit peacefully away from them forever..

You see your wicked life?

4 Likes

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by DatNiggaDaz: 2:52pm On May 02, 2023
Abike are you still waiting for God or Allah to do the job you were appointed to do

You have turned the diaspora organisation to a bed of tribalism to lay on.

This Apc government destroyed Nigeria with triblism and ethnic division.

No administration in the history of Nigeria has brought so much tribalism, nepotism, corruption, bigotry, killings and poverty. Don't forget about unemployment also.

" they could have been freed if only they knew they are slaves

5 Likes

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Cooly100: 2:52pm On May 02, 2023
Mccullum:
These people and their victim card game strategy, always politicizing everything for

attention seeking. IPOB has downgraded Igbos race to crying baby at all time in a

very childish manner, this made them to loss sympathy of planet earth populace.

Shut it...

I have never seen a country where vast majority of their separate tribes hate each other so much and yet they are ready to kill if any wants to leave.

6 Likes

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by ATEAMS: 2:54pm On May 02, 2023
Indeed
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Cooly100: 2:54pm On May 02, 2023
BRIMBRAM:
grin

I wonder why NIDCOM choose to waste their time over a people whose lives is centered around crying.

They cried while in Nigeria, calling it a zoo and they are now crying for not taken back to the zoo.

grin

But na zoo man volunteered to ferry you to safety...when no help came initially tongue tongue

5 Likes

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by helinues: 2:54pm On May 02, 2023
Are we surprised? Hell no

They are known for wolf crying

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Godjone(m): 2:56pm On May 02, 2023
Useless window dressers

1 Like

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Cooly100: 2:56pm On May 02, 2023
helinues:
Are we surprised? Hell no

They are known for wolf crying

This is wolf crying...
https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

2 Likes

Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 02, 2023
angry
Re: NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. by Ever8090: 2:56pm On May 02, 2023
I don't really understand what is going on in this case but I think Igbos are always playing the victim, always looking for the slightest opportunity to claim injustice against them.

Most at times, they get reprisal treatment acording to their action then turn around to start crying victimisation like toddlers...

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls / NPDC Crude Oil Pipeline Set Ablaze After Osinbajo’s Visit / Olisa Metuh Drops SANs, Hires New Lawyer To Defend Him In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.