Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? (5001 Views)

I Sent Her Out Of My House Late In The Night: Did I Do The Right Thing? / Did She Do The Right Thing? [Picture] / HELP : My Ex Is Now My Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by fadilaMaikiriki: 3:22pm On May 02, 2023
Hello all!

This is the backstory:

Sometimes last year ending, I attended the burial of my boss' mom. This burial ceremony took place late last year. We first of all went to the church, then from there we proceeded to the home of the woman. During the course of the burial proceedings in the church, I mistakenly sat on my phone. There was a lot of sitting and standing. So, in one of the many sitting 'downs', I mistakenly sat on my phone that was on the pew. My phone was affected. It went bad, but not so bad though, just a little ink that appeared at the bottom of the phone. The phone screen didn't crack at all, just the ink that appeared. I didn't like the fact that the ink is there, so I decided it's better I get another phone. This phone was bought for me by my boss, when he heard the story of how my former phone was snatched from me while on transit. He felt pity and gave me the money I used to purchase this one I'm using currently. The phone is just a year old, not upto two years, until this incidence of my phone going bad happened.

Why I stopped talking to him:

About last week or there about, I asked my boss( Although, I no longer work with him. I worked with his mum before she passed, but he's the one that pays my salary then), to
please get me another phone, that the one I'm using is so bad. When I sent the chat, he said he'll get back to me soon, maybe he was busy. So, he later replied with this " hello dear, I've been looking, but not lucky yet", something like that, I've forgotten the exact thing he said. I don't want to open the chat again because it will make me view some pictures/videos or messages he has sent me on WhatsApp, because after I got that reply ( though I don't know what he meant there) I stopped chatting with him or talking to him. He has sent some pictures/videos and messages on WhatsApp, but I'm not going to reply, at least not yet.

The thing is, I don't like what he did. This is someone that can afford hundred of the phone. Someone that has lands here and there, houses with tenants here and there, plus other businesses fetching him cool money, someone that has about 4 Porsches, Benz, Range Rover, lexus and other cars in his garage. Then, you now ask the person to please get you a phone that the one you're using is bad, and then you're getting this reply, (even though I don't know what the reply meant), as a person how would you feel?

Did I do the right thing ignoring him? Did I do something wrong by ignoring him? I need your opinions/ suggestions. This will determine if I'm going to reply or ignore him. He sent me some videos/pictures and messages on WhatsApp, but I'm yet to open them or reply them. He doesn't know I'm angry with him.

Please, I would appreciate your input on this. If you're in my shoes, what would you do?

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by Zonefree(m): 3:25pm On May 02, 2023
Command him to buy you a land too undecided

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by fadilaMaikiriki: 3:30pm On May 02, 2023
Zonefree:
Command him to buy you a land too undecided
It's phone I wanted not land. And the phone is nothing compared to the land.
Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by Immatex(m): 3:32pm On May 02, 2023
Command him to buy you Common-sense too!

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by fadilaMaikiriki: 3:39pm On May 02, 2023
Immatex:

Command him to buy you Common-sense too!
What's that supposed to mean? Please, I don't want kids here.
Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by Immatex(m): 3:41pm On May 02, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:
What's that supposed to mean? Please, I don't want kids here.

Your father is a kid!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by godliman: 3:49pm On May 02, 2023
You speak as if it is your right, is buying phone in the employment contract? That is why those guys said you should command him. It is not a right but a privilege. If he refuses to buy you have no right to be angry.
Ironically you are the one behaving like a kid here- sorry if I am hard on you.

34 Likes

Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by fadilaMaikiriki: 4:02pm On May 02, 2023
godliman:
You speak as if it is your right, is buying phone in the employment contract? That is why those guys said you should command him. It is not a right but a privilege. If he refuses to buy you have no right to be angry.
Ironically you are the one behaving like a kid here- sorry if I am hard on you.
No, I didn't command him at all. It was a plea. I even told him if he has any that he isn't using, that I'll be interested in having it, so far it's good. So, it wasn't something of command at all.
Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by worldclass68(m): 4:05pm On May 02, 2023
I think u re only doing ursef....with that bad entitlement mentality.....

Shey nah u gave him all his properties or ur family once did him any huge favor?...for u not to even grateful that he got u the first one in the first place...lol

Else he's asking u out/ flirting u....with those aforementioned vids and pics lol

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by constance500: 4:17pm On May 02, 2023
B like you and your boss don don't the do or he's still nursing your entitled ass to bed cos what's all this nonsense..

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by lyriclekidd(m): 5:03pm On May 02, 2023
You dy vex for your helper, na your sef you dy do πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by godliman: 5:33pm On May 02, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:
No, I didn't command him at all. It was a plea. I even told him if he has any that he isn't using, that I'll be interested in having it, so far it's good. So, it wasn't something of command at all.
He has the right to refuse given you and you don't have the right to be angry.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 02, 2023
Funny thread πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by Victor2707: 5:45pm On May 02, 2023
You entitled su-cker

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by JustPowerApps(m): 5:47pm On May 02, 2023
Your mumu no too much like this? You ghosted someone you are seeking help from, what if those pics are varieties of phones for you to pick your choice. When you are done doing urself cheesy, your eye will open shocked

I have seen people like this before, they turn berserk the moment you offer to help them. Makes me wonder why they seek for the help in the first place.

NB Kindly blovk him so the village people can complete their task.

Even if you have anything against your said boss, why don't you get the phone first before you bring it up.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by fadilaMaikiriki: 6:06pm On May 02, 2023
Nlfpmod, please help with wider views.
Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by fadilaMaikiriki: 6:06pm On May 02, 2023
Killbillz:
Funny thread πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
What's funny here?
Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by fadilaMaikiriki: 6:09pm On May 02, 2023
worldclass68:
I think u re only doing ursef....with that bad entitlement mentality.....

Shey nah u gave him all his properties or ur family once did him any huge favor?...for u not to even grateful that he got u the first one in the first place...lol

Else he's asking u out/ flirting u....with those aforementioned vids and pics lol
This is someone that has different types of cars, houses and landed properties here and there. Na wa. Someone that can afford even hundred of the phone. And I know the phone won't be more than or even upto 200k. And the phone got bad when I attended his mum's burial.
Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by cadet222(m): 6:10pm On May 02, 2023
This girl is an attention seeker. Take her serious at your own peril.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by fadilaMaikiriki: 6:12pm On May 02, 2023
cadet222:
This girl is an attention seeker. Take her serious at your own peril.
I'm really serious here. I would have showed the chats here if it was possible to do so. Anything I share or post here, I always like to support with proof, so you all won't think I'm lying or joking, when I'm not.
Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by Autobot05: 6:31pm On May 02, 2023
Why cant you get a phone with your salary ... or are you not being paid ??
Omo grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by nerdfrost(m): 6:33pm On May 02, 2023
This post reeks of entitlement

5 Likes

Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by fadilaMaikiriki: 6:57pm On May 02, 2023
Autobot05:
Why cant you get a phone with your salary ... or are you not being paid ??
Omo grin
I'm currently jobless. I'm no longer working for him.
Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by fadilaMaikiriki: 7:20pm On May 02, 2023
nlfpmod.
Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by torqque7(m): 7:39pm On May 02, 2023
Nonsense..I can bet that her boss has Nyashed her many times that’s what is giving her the mind to feel entitled and the boss is a mumu guy sha..

7 Likes

Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by Streetmovement(m): 7:47pm On May 02, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Another foolish goat

Entitled mentality plus lack of common sense is not good for you my sister.

Useless thread

4 Likes

Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by Waffarianman(m): 7:49pm On May 02, 2023
Woman with demanding are like 5&6 D's na urgent 2k Oloshos dem

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by worldclass68(m): 7:56pm On May 02, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:
This is someone that has different types of cars, houses and landed properties here and there. Na wa. Someone that can afford even hundred of the phone. And I know the phone won't be more than or even upto 200k. And the phone got bad when I attended his mum's burial.

Hmmm, but things re not really play out that way...if u continue to snub him, you would be the one to still lose ...who knows if he's got something even bigger for you....and mind u, if he kept dashing things/money out like that, he wouldn't have gotten what he got......

Being a cheerful give is considered (mumuism)

Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by fadilaMaikiriki: 8:10pm On May 02, 2023
worldclass68:

Hmmm, but things re not really play out that way...if u continue to snub him, you would be the one to still lose ...who knows if he's got something even bigger for you....and mind u, if he kept dashing things/money out like that, he wouldn't have gotten what he got......

Being a cheerful give is considered (mumuism)
Hmmmm! Is that what you think?
Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by daylaysongs: 9:50pm On May 02, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:
I'm really serious here. I would have showed the chats here if it was possible to do so. Anything I share or post here, I always like to support with proof, so you all won't think I'm lying or joking, when I'm not.
abeg how old are you?

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by Autobot05: 10:49pm On May 02, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:
I'm currently jobless. I'm no longer working for him.

Then why should he get you a phone ? When you're not longer working for him

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Don't Talk To My Boss Anymore. Did I Do The Right Thing? by Danlax(f): 10:53pm On May 02, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:
Hello all!

This is the backstory:

Sometimes last year ending, I attended the burial of my boss' mom. This burial ceremony took place late last year. We first of all went to the church, then from there we proceeded to the home of the woman. During the course of the burial proceedings in the church, I mistakenly sat on my phone. There was a lot of sitting and standing. So, in one of the many sitting 'downs', I mistakenly sat on my phone that was on the pew. My phone was affected. It went bad, but not so bad though, just a little ink that appeared at the bottom of the phone. The phone screen didn't crack at all, just the ink that appeared. I didn't like the fact that the ink is there, so I decided it's better I get another phone. This phone was bought for me by my boss, when he heard the story of how my former phone was snatched from me while on transit. He felt pity and gave me the money I used to purchase this one I'm using currently. The phone is just a year old, not upto two years, until this incidence of my phone going bad happened.

Why I stopped talking to him:

About last week or there about, I asked my boss( Although, I no longer work with him. I worked with his mum before she passed, but he's the one that pays my salary then), to
please get me another phone, that the one I'm using is so bad. When I sent the chat, he said he'll get back to me soon, maybe he was busy. So, he later replied with this " hello dear, I've been looking, but not lucky yet", something like that, I've forgotten the exact thing he said. I don't want to open the chat again because it will make me view some pictures/videos or messages he has sent me on WhatsApp, because after I got that reply ( though I don't know what he meant there) I stopped chatting with him or talking to him. He has sent some pictures/videos and messages on WhatsApp, but I'm not going to reply, at least not yet.

The thing is, I don't like what he did. This is someone that can afford hundred of the phone. Someone that has lands here and there, houses with tenants here and there, plus other businesses fetching him cool money, someone that has about 4 Porsches, Benz, Range Rover, lexus and other cars in his garage. Then, you now ask the person to please get you a phone that the one you're using is bad, and then you're getting this reply, (even though I don't know what the reply meant), as a person how would you feel?

Did I do the right thing ignoring him? Did I do something wrong by ignoring him? I need your opinions/ suggestions. This will determine if I'm going to reply or ignore him. He sent me some videos/pictures and messages on WhatsApp, but I'm yet to open them or reply them. He doesn't know I'm angry with him.

Please, I would appreciate your input on this. If you're in my shoes, what would you do?

Thanks!
It's not as if yo can't afford a phone yourself, but yo just want to eat your cake and have it at same time....!

Entitlement has eaten huge part of you guys..! And you're proud to say that "you're angry with him" Tueeh.! On another man's money πŸ‘ŒNawa oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Want a Man [not edited] / How To Beat Your Wife Without Touching Her / My Girlfriends Boyfriend Gave Her A Confusing Reply.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.