Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Can You Buy A House With A Grave? - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can You Buy A House With A Grave? (33307 Views)

Would You Buy This Bicycle For N10 Million ? (photo Attached) / Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into / Petrol Kept In A House Burns In Oworonshoki, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Voiceofthestree: 5:27pm On Jun 25, 2023
vyncentino:
One of my friend rented one house like that,she never knew,they buried person in one of room,she was sleeping one day her bed fall inside the grave,with Skeleton,remains,it was a terrible experience, story for another day

Maybe is Benin because most of houses for Benin DEM deh burrial people inside room and they will level it someone won’t know they Burial person put and still give it out for rent

1 Like

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by MrBroke(m): 5:31pm On Jun 25, 2023
I can buy am estate with a cemetary
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by themanderon: 5:40pm On Jun 25, 2023
Once a person dies he becomes aware of nothing on this earth anymore so there is nothing special about graves unless you ascribe anything to it.
How are you sure the place you currently live was not a graveyard maybe 200yrs ago?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Federalis: 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2023
One man's food is another man's poison.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Akaegwu(m): 6:02pm On Jun 25, 2023
I know an Alhaji that bought such property beside my house in Lagos
Watinani:
No and islamically is haram

1 Like

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by FireUpNow(m): 6:06pm On Jun 25, 2023
For me it's a no. Buy a piece of land fresh. What kind of a son would sell his parents land that the parent grave is there?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by sheystar(f): 6:06pm On Jun 25, 2023
How is this possible and what's the procedure Please
DrDunamis:

It's a simple matter, the graves could be exhumed and transferred to graveyards or another place.
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Sammy5413(m): 6:14pm On Jun 25, 2023
Why you go wan sell house with grave at the first place?
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Cutiekatty: 6:33pm On Jun 25, 2023
Divoc19:
I wonder how some people will want to sell their house after burying their loved one or family member in there.

What's your take dear fam
Yes na,I go exhume the dead body send it to their relatives or go troy am away for pit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by LOVEALAIGBO: 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2023
The Addams family wouldn't mind!

2 Likes

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by e09011617135: 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2023
Go
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by hakeemhakeem(m): 6:45pm On Jun 25, 2023
ecolime:
U wanna sell your family house shey? Better raise money elsewhere cheesy

@ Nazgul: Eg. If a useless first son is selling his late parents home in VI or Ikoyi which host their graves as well for a ridiculous amount, I won't think twice before jumping on the offer.

Coincidentally, I am happen to be a first son and my inherited property hosts my parents grave grin

I was not bouyant to develop it because of Projects including my personal property. All I did was let a family member live in the building free of charge. Then gave out the front yard (80 by 60) to a credible developer who built a mini-shopping Plaza (26 shops)

Few more years to go, full ownership of the shops will be back to me with steady rents flowing in.

Never insult the memories of your parents by selling their resting place.
Pls bes strong in prayer those developers aren't to trusted
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Oluwaseunbandur: 6:54pm On Jun 25, 2023
ecolime:

Nothing to be scared of as long as you have your complete papers.

Just look for credible ones in that area. No be those wey go build with substandard materials oo

Thanks bro, will do that
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by CartelKenneth: 6:56pm On Jun 25, 2023
FireUpNow:
For me it's a no. Buy a piece of land fresh. What kind of a son would sell his parents land that the parent grave is there?

It's his property nah

Although it doesn't seem right
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Kamachicho(f): 7:04pm On Jun 25, 2023
I know of a property that was sold with four graves on it.

The landlord leased the land for 99years, built and had an agreement with the land owner.

He died in the 60s and his children couldn't honour the terms of agreement due to internal squabbles. The last payment on the lease was in 1976 till when the landowner( his children) came, sold the land to Deeper Life Church in the 90s and asked them to vacate the land.

The church took possession and
asked the children to remove the graves and skeletons were transferred to cemetery.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:06pm On Jun 25, 2023
Divoc19:
I wonder how some people will want to sell their house after burying their loved one or family member in there.

Hope u not tryna sell family property smiley
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Georgejeez: 7:07pm On Jun 25, 2023
vyncentino:
One of my friend rented one house like that,she never knew,they buried person in one of room,she was sleeping one day her bed fall inside the grave,with Skeleton,remains,it was a terrible experience, story for another day

grin grin grin grin shuooo , wwetin be this
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by SaLongs1(m): 7:15pm On Jun 25, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Nothing wrong
So long as it is being sold with the legit documents, I concur.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by SaLongs1(m): 7:20pm On Jun 25, 2023
Having previously worked in the construction industry, I can assure you that we met quite a number of unmarked graves on our sites which we didn't give a kobo about other than to continue work without interfering with the actual bones as much as possible.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Bringbackmandat: 7:20pm On Jun 25, 2023
I will buy, provided the price is cheap.
There is no land without a grace. That place that you thought was not having grave might had been a burial ground in about 2000 years ago.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by obonujoker(m): 7:22pm On Jun 25, 2023
OneCandleAway:

Can you sell land in abuja?

Yes... I can... I also network there too.... But for a successful sale, commission is 5%

Then you should have pictures or video of the property for sale
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by FreeGuy25: 7:23pm On Jun 25, 2023
hmm....
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Goalnaldo(m): 7:23pm On Jun 25, 2023
Caleb15:

Such oppotunities comes when capital is unavailable
true.. When i was looking for house i saw a lot of shops, now im looking for shops, i am not seeing them.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by rainlover(m): 7:26pm On Jun 25, 2023
vyncentino:
fiction
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by seunny4lif(m): 7:29pm On Jun 25, 2023
Hezzyluv:
The deaths has ntin to do with the living. Therefore, buy the land develop it and leave the grave side. But arrange it and make it look good too. Most graves use to be by the side of lands. So, no shaking...
Until the deaths people slap your mouth grin then you go know that spirit dey real grin

3 Likes

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by tunde1200(m): 7:48pm On Jun 25, 2023
Watinani:
No and Islamically is haram

Can you pls prove it with a hadith or Quran verses that do not support it.
Because I have a similar issue am about to sell due to some reasons.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by bluefilm: 7:51pm On Jun 25, 2023
Nah.

I have this morbid fear for graves, most especially those graves that are designed with tiles.

Damn.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by DCmaverick(m): 7:53pm On Jun 25, 2023
elpochas:
My Rivers brothers come to mind.
excluding me, am a first son bt if it happens dat my parents or loved is buried there. On no cus wil i attempt to sell it
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by ghettochild(m): 8:37pm On Jun 25, 2023
Shellsploit:
Hian!
Reminds me of the 2 bedroom flat i rented at okearo matogun, i never knew someone was buried inside the sitting room.

Wetin my eyes dey see na shege shocked
Scary events happens every midnight. Sometimes my tv changes channel from dstv to NTA ibadan! And i do notice the volume randomly increases.

Secondly, items disappears from the kitchen. I might notice my wifes pot of soup is slightly open, sometimes missing meat from the pot. Sometines the fridge would be wide open when i get back from work.

A spiritualist later told us that someone was buried in the sitting room.

Lemme drop my pen here for now!
Abeg give us full gist.. I dey like this type of story.
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by ultimateprof: 8:37pm On Jun 25, 2023
Divoc19:

I don't blame you, once there's money even the dead will cooperate. With money you can buy both the dead and the spirit. If you see any property with lots of graves, even if it's at Okene, please call me for I will buy it.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Benrosaria(m): 8:56pm On Jun 25, 2023
Divoc19:

how much??

I dont mind a cemetery
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by bionixs: 9:08pm On Jun 25, 2023
It is nothing in Lagos. They can even sell their souls . Na their way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Desmond Flats At Ogombo By Nexthome / Collapsed Building In Lagos: List Of Survivors / Metro View Hotel Collapses In Ebonyi, 60 People Escape Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.