Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,934 members, 7,824,933 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Can You Buy A House With A Grave? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can You Buy A House With A Grave? (33305 Views)

Would You Buy This Bicycle For N10 Million ? (photo Attached) / Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into / Petrol Kept In A House Burns In Oworonshoki, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by nkemjacob2(m): 3:52pm On Jun 25, 2023
Divoc19:
I wonder how some people will want to sell their house after burying their loved one or family member in there.

What's your take dear fam
y not. It is a good bid. I will buy cheap becos of the grave
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by vyncentino(m): 3:53pm On Jun 25, 2023
One of my friend rented one house like that,she never knew,they buried person in one of room,she was sleeping one day her bed fall inside the grave,with Skeleton,remains,it was a terrible experience, story for another day

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by obonujoker(m): 3:53pm On Jun 25, 2023
The family that sold the house will evacuate the corpse themselves.

There are many at Ketu, Oworo, Gbagada, Lagos Island etc, that many family members removed their graves and sold the houses to the prospective buyer.

I'm a part time realtor

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Watinani(m): 3:53pm On Jun 25, 2023
No and islamically is haram

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by davidtemi(m): 3:56pm On Jun 25, 2023
Ko possible now
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Sucre6: 3:56pm On Jun 25, 2023
Lols, it doesn't mean nothing, don'tt be surprise that your beautiful flat you are currently occupying was on someone grave donkey years ago?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by MasterTeeUSA: 3:58pm On Jun 25, 2023
Sure I can and I have...but I didn't renovate where the person was buried...I fenced it out and protected the grave. My Dad also bought one but the family was told to transfer the dead. The land was in between his two properties and he had issues with one of the community member and he was trying to buy that land which would have been a major nuisance in between my Dad's 2 properties. I encouraged it because if the other guy had bought it and decided to farm..that would have been a disaster...Fast forward...he now has a small Estates joining all of those together. If you didn't have a hand in the dead, you got nothing to worry about in my opinion. There are so many unmarked Graves that people have built on over the years. Do we test every inch of soil to see if someone died or the land was used for rituals or place of putting down spiritual foods...nope. We move

Divoc19:
I wonder how some people will want to sell their house after burying their loved one or family member in there.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by SolMaximus: 3:59pm On Jun 25, 2023
he RETURNS!!!!!!

THE KING OF POP

OUT COME , MICHAEL JACKSON !!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Cantona05: 4:00pm On Jun 25, 2023
Come to rivers state where wike excavate cemetery and build a magnificent super market on it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Dlewisi: 4:00pm On Jun 25, 2023
I d buy and then rent it out.

Won't be comfortable living in such a house.
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by OmoOshodi(m): 4:01pm On Jun 25, 2023
Buy house get free skull....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by 24SEVEN: 4:01pm On Jun 25, 2023
Yoruba guys dey buy am steady. Free house. Free skull to mine. grin grin

I'm joking oh. grin

7 Likes

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Pipefitter: 4:03pm On Jun 25, 2023
Me I don't care, will even build on top of the grave.... I don't like people putting blocks or any structure around a grave, when you bury someone, just leave the grave the blend with time and not designing it

5 Likes

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Sammy5413(m): 4:05pm On Jun 25, 2023
Can you buy a grave with a house?
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by mechanics(m): 4:08pm On Jun 25, 2023
It's not proper.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Akaegwu(m): 4:08pm On Jun 25, 2023
People are buying a lot of such properties in Lagos. I have seen a lot of it around Alimosho area of Lagos. Ikotun etc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by meolaniyi(m): 4:09pm On Jun 25, 2023
My uncle bought one in Ikeja from A Yoruba man. But the problem here is that they said we should not destroy the monument of their father's grave.

When my uncle pulled down the house for a new structure. The monument is not inside the house but outside.

The case is still in court

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Absuchat(m): 4:10pm On Jun 25, 2023
If only people know that a grave has nothing to do with us. I can even buy a mortuary

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by LegendaryArnold(m): 4:10pm On Jun 25, 2023
HappyPagan:
Exhume the body, destroy the grave.

You say??
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by iLoveYouToo(m): 4:12pm On Jun 25, 2023
Divoc19:

Simply relocate the grave.
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by grandstar(m): 4:12pm On Jun 25, 2023
Yes, I can buy a house with a grave because the dead are conscious of nothing at all (Read Eccl 9:5,10)

They have returned to the dust they came from. They are harmless.

My only wahala is evacuating the coffin(s) to a proper burial place. I could even leave it alone.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Shellsploit: 4:12pm On Jun 25, 2023
Hian!
Reminds me of the 2 bedroom flat i rented at okearo matogun, i never knew someone was buried inside the sitting room.

Wetin my eyes dey see na shege shocked
Scary events happens every midnight. Sometimes my tv changes channel from dstv to NTA ibadan! And i do notice the volume randomly increases.

Secondly, items disappears from the kitchen. I might notice my wifes pot of soup is slightly open, sometimes missing meat from the pot. Sometines the fridge would be wide open when i get back from work.

A spiritualist later told us that someone was buried in the sitting room.

Lemme drop my pen here for now!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by segyoms: 4:15pm On Jun 25, 2023
There was one a family bought in an estate in Gbagada ...they turned the grave to pool...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Akwamkpuruamu: 4:16pm On Jun 25, 2023
No I wont

2 Likes

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by sagitariusbaby(m): 4:19pm On Jun 25, 2023
Oluwaseunbandur:
I can't sell or buy any, my parents properties, I can't sell them as they are buried there, cant even lease it out sef, too much guilt, just abandon them like that despite people disturbing to lease it out in this same Lagos
and you think they intend to rest in an abandoned building? This isn't wise one bit
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by phemmyfour: 4:19pm On Jun 25, 2023
Divoc19:

It's a mere grave. Nothing significant about it

Caterpillar will level everything in a minute

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Dougad: 4:19pm On Jun 25, 2023
vyncentino:
One of my friend rented one house like that,she never knew,they buried person in one of room,she was sleeping one day her bed fall inside the grave,with Skeleton,remains,it was a terrible experience, story for another day

I'm shocked no one is talking about this one lmao

I know people who were buried in the middle of house, tiles covered up like nothing happened there
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by OneCandleAway(f): 4:19pm On Jun 25, 2023
obonujoker:
The family that sold the house will evacuate the corpse themselves.

There are many at Ketu, Oworo, Gbagada, Lagos Island etc, that many family members removed their graves and sold the houses to the prospective buyer.

I'm a part time realtor

Can you sell land in abuja?
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by FRANKOSKI(m): 4:21pm On Jun 25, 2023
YES BUT MEET THE LOCAL PEOPLE LIKE CLAN HEAD . There might be some traditional things you have to do to enjoy the land.
cool
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by willi926(m): 4:23pm On Jun 25, 2023
Were we lived b4
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Aurelius1(m): 4:23pm On Jun 25, 2023
Zephter:
Please if anybody can help me with a little money to cook something to eat I will be very happy. Pls to feed is a verg big problem for my family please no matter how little, it will go a long way. Have not eaten any thing since yesterday morning pls. My father is retired and my mom is late. I'm a single mom with my own son to feed, the small money that I make have used it to cater for my dad illness and pay our houserent but his health is getting worse. We can't even eat or buy water to drink anymore. Pls if you are reading this message kindly come to our aid pls, no matter how small it will help a long way pls. Almighty God meet you at the point of your needs as you have shown us mercy, amen.

Acct num:
Faithh
First Bank
I wonder how people still fall for cheap scams such as this. Faith or whatever is your name you better get a job or get yourself busy before you end up running into trouble. You have up to five different monikers - Debby124 is one of them.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by fotadmowmend(m): 4:23pm On Jun 25, 2023
Divoc19:

Who grave help ? Na to buy the house and d grave together

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Desmond Flats At Ogombo By Nexthome / Collapsed Building In Lagos: List Of Survivors / Metro View Hotel Collapses In Ebonyi, 60 People Escape Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.