Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,888 members, 7,828,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section (1285 Views)

The Religious Symbolism Of The Twelve Days Of Christmas / Seun We Want A Pagan Traditionalist Mod On The Religious Section / I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 25, 2011
I seem to have a suggestion for an end to all this confusion and bickering in the Religious section . Let us all show respect to each others belief systems , though we are in total disagreement.

Muslims can always get involved in Christian debates only if the thread stays to the point and vice versa. Otherwise Muslims stay in the Muslim section and others hang around in the General section since Christians have no place to call 'home' . We can have heated amicable debates , but again I say align your arguments and or comments to the topic.

For example I have been warned by Jarus to desist from posting certain articles in the Islamic section to avoid further provocations. I have submitted myself to this request and have not posted any articles there for eons !!

However some Jihadists just don't get it, they keep rampaging into threads on the General section meant for innocent and honest debate among Christians and manage to derail them.

In my humble opinion, as far as they see it fit to continue in this dastardly act ,  there will be no let up in my postings on factual issues about ISLAM.

Let there be peace on the Religious Section , not the Muhammad kind of peace, I mean REAL PEACE !!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section by harakiri(m): 8:59pm On Sep 25, 2011
This is coming from someone whose sole purpose in life is to open dumb a$$ thread insulting other religious people and non-religious people. The 2012 nairaland award for being a bloody deluded unrepentent hypocrite with limitless boundaries goes to you! Congrats man! You did it!
Re: Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 25, 2011
^^^

Coming from you , it is a compliment.

Your English depicts what character of person you are .

Anyways back to the point.
Re: Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section by Sweetnecta: 12:48am On Sep 26, 2011
he is so childish that i wonder how his spouse deals with him?
he whines.
ridiculous that a man is this soft.

i thought the people of this generation are supposed to be strong?
get some iron to strengthen your back, man.
Re: Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section by EvilBrain1(m): 1:08am On Sep 26, 2011
christian fundamentalists = muslim fundamentalists = re.tards

Q.E.D.
Re: Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section by harakiri(m): 5:36am On Sep 26, 2011
@frosbel and sweetnecta, You guys never cease to amaze me with your double talk,double standards and hypocrisy. You are the one (frosbel) who goes to the islamic section to create disturbance via insulting their religion and yet, you have the temerity to come here complaining of thread derailment. Your actions were so provoking and uncalled far to the extent the mod had to warn you and you still have the guts to be talking. You are the same person that goes from thread to thread insulting Atheists and calling them fools because they don't believe in religion. You (sweetnecta) think you can use cheap shaming tactics on me by calling me childish? You that cannot prove the authenticity of what you worship and the only thing you can say in your defence is what you are brainwashed with on a sunday-sunday basis, and have the guts to call me childish? Do you even know the meaning of the word? You might be grown in age but you still have the brain of a toddler tottering along,living in your second child hood and scared to let go of mama's brea$t milk! Baby! ! !
Re: Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section by Joagbaje(m): 6:15am On Sep 26, 2011
harakiri:

This is coming from someone whose sole purpose in life is to open dumb a$$ thread insulting other religious people and non-religious people.

grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section by Sweetnecta: 6:51am On Sep 26, 2011
@Harakiri; « #5 on: Today at 05:36:41 AM »
[Quote]@frosbel and sweetnecta, You guys never cease to amaze me with your double talk,double standards and hypocrisy. You are the one (frosbel) who goes to the islamic section to create disturbance via insulting their religion and yet, you have the temerity to come here complaining of thread derailment. Your actions were so provoking and uncalled far to the extent the mod had to warn you and you still have the guts to be talking. You are the same person that goes from thread to thread insulting Atheists and calling them fools because they don't believe in religion. You (sweetnecta) think you can use cheap shaming tactics on me by calling me childish? You that cannot prove the authenticity of what you worship and the only thing you can say in your defence is what you are brainwashed with on a sunday-sunday basis, and have the guts to call me childish? Do you even know the meaning of the word? You might be grown in age but you still have the brain of a toddler tottering along,living in your second child hood and scared to let go of mama's brea$t milk! Baby! ! ![/Quote]I want the milk, still, but not from mom. There are many sources to get 'em; cans, paper boxes, powdered, etc. If you think I was supporting Frosbel to address you, then you do not know me. My response was directed to Frosbel who I called cry baby. I call him that many times already.
This is my first time noticing you. I will not ask you to live up to your name and commit harakiri for speaking the truth. I am a muslim and I can prove my God, as One Complete Lord. At my age and with all I have experienced I know that what keeps me going is not without Power. Allah is real with me and I have enough evidence of His existence, just as you have evidence of the wind blowing on you, yet you cant catch it.
I know God exist. I dreamed Him. When I dreamed about Him, there was not a single space that His evidence of existence was not present. Yet, He was different and separate from all His creations.
Re: Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section by harakiri(m): 7:40am On Sep 26, 2011
@sweetnecta,I'm sorry if I misaddressed you. Call it one of those things. However, you might have to explain those claims and "proofs" of yours but that would be another time. Laters man. Cheers.
Re: Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 26, 2011
^^^

Mr. Just keep quiet !!!

I have ignored your tirade of foolishness until now , but you just keep going on and on about matters beyond your comprehension !

If the truth provokes you , then go somewhere else.

I repeat and make no apologies for this, that Atheists are FOOLS, I did not say it, the bible did !! If GOD thinks that those who wish him away are fools, then so do I !!

Now stop rambling and do some work , that's what you are paid for . If you are jobless, go get a JOB    grin grin
Re: Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 26, 2011
U have options

Just do what mukina2 said on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-752203.0.html
Re: Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section by italo: 11:01am On Sep 26, 2011
@Frosbel,

So are we Catholics free from your senseless insults and unnecessary lies and hate campaign too?
Re: Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section by Sweetnecta: 11:21am On Sep 26, 2011
the protestant man forgets that it was his protest that made him change his catholic label while he kept catholic book; the bible.

i am exhausted from his little people behavior. i don't know who is older him or his children. his wife is a strong woman though.
Re: Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 27, 2011
@ frosbel
It is good you brought this up yourself. I have noticed that you engage in unnecessary arguments at times. I agree with most of your theology but you don't need some of the arguments you get yourself into. You can point out an error and can be assertive but you should refrain from " angry comments". Just a suggestion.

@ Sweetnecta

The bible is not a catholic book. The Torah which is the old testament was not written by the Catholic church. Also the gospels and the epistles and other books of the new testament were not written by the Catholic Church or for the catholic church. The Catholic church was instrumental in bringing the books together and naming it the bible, that doesn't make the catholic church the author of the bible. You may want to research about the authors of each book of the bible. Paul, Peter, John, Titus, Jude etc did not know about the Roman catholic church. Besides some bibles contain more than the popular 66 book bible. Although they contain the 66 books they have other books in them or extra chapters.
Re: Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section by italo: 1:05pm On Sep 27, 2011
@belabela,

The Torah is not the Bible. The Torah is part of the Bible but it is not the Bible, Neither is the New Testament. The Bible is a combination of the old & new testament so its a distinct book on its own. Afterall many who believe in the Torah do not believe in the Bible.

Dont just say The Catholic Church was "instrumental" as if they did it in collaboration with any other group. The Catholic Church did bring the books together and name it The Bible. But not just that, there were countless letters written by the apostles and other religious men and leaders eg the Acts of Peter, Gospel of Nicodemus, etc. The Catholic Church declared the ones we use today as inspired while they discarded the others as uninspired.

The Catholic Church wrote the new testament for Catholics, and I will explain.

All these authors you mentioned were part of the early church, right? People like Peter and Paul passed down their apostolic authority to people like Mathias(who replaced Judas), Luke, Timithy etc. They in turn passed it on to others and this tradition has been maintain till the present day Catholic clergy. The name 'catholic' which means universal was added to the church to distinguish it from the many heretical sects that were springing up. You might find it hard to accept but let's look at it objectively:

If belabela started making beads and selling from home 5yrs ago and later on she registered the business name 'belabela beads', got a shop and now she has shops in Paris, London and New York, could one say that 'belabela beads' of today is not the same as that nameless home-business of five years ago? NO!

So the same way, the early church is the catholic church and it wrote those letters to the faithful.
Re: Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 27, 2011
wow i'm tired of all these nonsense religious arguments. say something new guys
Re: Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section by Sweetnecta: 1:42pm On Sep 27, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^ I wish I know who your husband is. This statement of your, above is a classic weapon that I would have suggested he uses against you; engaged in simple argument with you. In no time, you are saying am sorry to him.

@belabela: « #13 on: Today at 11:58:25 AM »
[Quote]@ frosbel
It is good you brought this up yourself. I have noticed that you engage in unnecessary arguments at times. I agree with most of your theology but you don't need some of the arguments you get yourself into. You can point out an error and can be assertive but you should refrain from " angry comments". Just a suggestion.[/Quote]Mutual admiration society is having its meeting.

[Quote]Sweetnecta

The bible is not a catholic book. [/b]The Torah which is the old testament was not written by the Catholic church. Also the gospels and the epistles and other books of the new testament were not written by the Catholic Church or for the catholic church. [b]The Catholic church was instrumental in bringing the books together and naming it the bible, that doesn't make the catholic church the author of the bible. You may want to research about the authors of each book of the bible. Paul, Peter, John, Titus, Jude etc did not know about the Roman catholic church. Besides some bibles contain more than the popular 66 book bible. Although they contain the 66 books they have other books in them or extra chapters.[/Quote]While I never said the Bible is the property or composed by the catholics, what I am saying however is that the protestants, being offshoot of the Catholic CHristians, copied their Bible from the Catholics Bible type, instead of the Greek's orthodox, or the Russian orthodox, or the Coptics, or the Ethiopians, etc. This you can't disagree with me on. The same way Paul does not know about the Catholics, and of course by extension, the Protestants, Jesus does not know about Saul/Paul. The protestants have no right to call the catholics idolaters, though I am a muslim. Call them idolaters will make protestants idolaters, too. This is my view.
Re: Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 27, 2011
@italo

The Torah refers to the fist five books of the bible. You have the Torah, the prophets and the writings in the Hebrew bible ( TaNaKH). Well on Roman Catholic and the catholic church there is debate amongst scholars which I would not like to go into. What is important is for us to understand and follow the teachings of Christ as stated in the bible.

@ Sweetnecta

I understand your point but Jesus know Paul/Saul. The answer is in the bible.

The Holy Spirit called him by name

While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” - Acts 13:2

Jesus called him by name and commissioned him:

He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”

“Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked.

“I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,” he replied. “Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”
- Acts 9: 4- 6.

Jesus recognised his work after Paul died:

If you read the book of revelation you would see Jesus referring to seven churches. The church at Ephesus and the laodicean church were part of the churches Paul preached to. The book of Ephesians was written to the church at Ephesus and Paul requested that his letter to the Colossians be read in the church of Laodicea. Jesus recognise these churches as his. How then should we conclude that Jesus took the church from Paul but discard the Paul who nurtured them.

"After this letter has been read to you, see that it is also read in the church of the Laodiceans and that you in turn read the letter from Laodicea." - Colossians 4:16
Re: Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section by Sweetnecta: 2:29pm On Sep 27, 2011
i am Jesus he heard alright. This is classic.

The Jesus who was a quite [not speaking] lamb, according to the christians.

He left the earth and he became bold suddenly.

That will preserve the legend, alright.

Abeg. Let me rest because i no fit upset anybody.

Somebody is a liar who was also the killer from the beginning.
Re: Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 27, 2011
Even this innocent thread isnt spared from being derailed.

Pathetic
Re: Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section by UyiIredia(m): 6:01pm On Sep 27, 2011
the day I would start with the poster called harakiri. Nairaland won't sleep. It will far worse than the fights I had with Mudley.

@ harakiri >>> Does the word self-respect even exist in your vocabulary ? Play the man and compose yourself b4 I cut you down to size.
Re: Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 27, 2011
belabela:

@ frosbel
It is good you brought this up yourself. I have noticed that you engage in unnecessary arguments at times. I agree with most of your theology but you don't need some of the arguments you get yourself into. You can point out an error and can be assertive but you should refrain from " angry comments". Just a suggestion.

Angry  grin grin

Never.

But I agree, sometimes I get dragged too deep into debates with people who really need prayer.

Thanks.
Re: Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section by JeSoul(f): 9:28pm On Sep 27, 2011
How funny and ironic . . .

Many of the perpetual religion section troublemakers are all here on one thread complaining about each other grin

@Frosbel (and others as well),
     no complaints will be attended to that do not come attached with a link to a specific thread where the crime occured. Ya'll keep talking in general sentimental strokes . . . I asked for specific links on that other thread and suddenly all the 'complainers' disappeared.
Re: Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section by Sweetnecta: 12:13am On Sep 28, 2011
[Quote]« #21 on: Today at 09:15:21 PM »

Quote from: belabela on Today at 11:58:25 AM
@ frosbel

Angry Grin Grin

Never.

But I agree, sometimes I get dragged too deep into debates with people who really need prayer.

Thanks.[/Quote]How effective is the prayer of a disbeliever? Not at all effective.

@JeSoul (f)
Patriots Lockeroom . . .

Re: Derailment Of Christian Threads Becomes a Pastime Hobby in the Religious Section
« #22 on: Today at 09:28:44 PM »

How funny and ironic . . .[quote][/Quote]Dont mind the crying babies. You bold on the first bold. I hope your hubby knows where you are?

[Quote] Many of the perpetual religion section troublemakers are all here on one thread complaining about each other Grin

@Frosbel (and others as well),
no complaints will be attended to that do not come attached with a link to a specific thread where the crime occured. Ya'll keep talking in general sentimental strokes . . . I asked for specific links on that other thread and suddenly all the 'complainers' disappeared.[/Quote]yhey can't throw down, but they want to wrestle. imagine that.

(1) (Reply)

The Quest For Wealth - New Year Exhortation / Scriptures That Stand Against Tb Joshua / Quranic Contradictions (Part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.