Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,504 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). (4212 Views)

Video Of Peter Obi At The Appeal Court, Abuja / #LekkiTollGate: Live Updates From #OccupyLekkiTollgate Protest (Pictures, Video) / Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by Sexygallant: 12:26pm On May 09, 2023
By Imhontu Olumense

After the adoptions and arguments by counsels at the pre- hearing session, the court has adjourned to Thursday May 11, 2023, by 2:00Pm to allow other parties, I.e. APC, Bola Tinubu and INEC to respond to PDP and Atiku Abubakar’s application for the Live Transmission of the hearings.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by meolaniyi(m): 12:29pm On May 09, 2023
Why this delay tactics? Are we talking about the election petition or live transmission
Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by Jorussia(m): 12:48pm On May 09, 2023
meolaniyi:
Why this delay tactics? Are we talking about the election petition or live transmission
Is it not PDP that applied for live transmission of proceedings?

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by famology(m): 1:00pm On May 09, 2023
meolaniyi:

Keep the tears for judgement

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by DMerciful(m): 1:16pm On May 09, 2023
So why not grant it? Why waiting for Tinubu/APC response?
Jorussia:
Is it not PDP that applied for live transmission of proceedings?
Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by IamNat: 1:22pm On May 09, 2023
I'm not sure of this news but I wonder why PDP won't just allow the real case to start immediately, they are there talking about live transmission, is like they want to play the spoiler for LP just like LP did for them.
Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by IamNat: 1:24pm On May 09, 2023
DMerciful:

Is it only PDP that is involved in the case? They gave a reason why they wanted live transmission, other parties would also speak in support of it or against it with reasons. That's how it works.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by DMerciful(m): 1:28pm On May 09, 2023
Only thieves operate in the dark. The Nigerian constitution says court proceedings should be public and because the court cannot accommodate enough people who are interested, it make sense to broadcast it
IamNat:

Is it only PDP that is involved in the case? They gave a reason why they wanted live transmission, other parties would also speak in support of it or against it with reasons. That's how it works.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by garfield1: 2:08pm On May 09, 2023
DMerciful:
Only thieves operate in the dark. The Nigerian constitution says court proceedings should be public and because the court cannot accommodate enough people who are interested, it make sense to broadcast it

By allowing the public and journalists in,it is already live.by the way,lp request was rejected yesterday so pdp own too will be
Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by DMerciful(m): 2:28pm On May 09, 2023
Why are you operating in the dark? People should be able to watch the proceedings like.

You lied, journalists were not allowed in. Phones also were asked to be put away
garfield1:

By allowing the public and journalists in,it is already live.by the way,lp request was rejected yesterday so pdp own too will be

1 Like

Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by garfield1: 2:36pm On May 09, 2023
DMerciful:
Why are you operating in the dark? People should be able to watch the proceedings like.

You lied, journalists were not allowed in. Phones also were asked to be put away

But people have been reporting the minutes proceedings since yesterday
Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by DMerciful(m): 2:41pm On May 09, 2023
They are lawyers reporting it. Its not live, TV stations are interviewing lawyers and few people inside.

The entire country is interested, how many persons can the court room accommodate?
garfield1:

But people have been reporting the minutes proceedings since yesterday

6 Likes

Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by pandoragirigory: 2:43pm On May 09, 2023
God bless jagaban the incoming president of the federal republic of Nigeria and biafra, Peter girigory Obi is still looking for his mandate inside gutter
Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by blowjohn(m): 2:47pm On May 09, 2023
DMerciful:
They are lawyers reporting it. Its not live, TV stations are interviewing lawyers and few people inside.

The entire country is interested, how many persons can the court room accommodate?

Which entire country?

Me I dey find my daily bread o.
Nothing concern me and us and them for their case

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by Never4getU: 2:50pm On May 09, 2023
DMerciful:

U just dey learn illiterate
Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by DMerciful(m): 2:57pm On May 09, 2023
Your daily bread is tied to politics! The right political leaders determine how prosperous a country becomes so this I-don't-care attitude is what is hurting Nigerians. Its the reason politicians steal with impunity because they know many of you don't care
blowjohn:

Which entire country?

Me I dey find my daily bread o.
Nothing concern me and us and them for their case

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by Spy360(m): 3:47pm On May 09, 2023
IamNat:
I'm not sure of this news but I wonder why PDP won't just allow the real case to start immediately, they are there talking about live transmission, is like they want to play the spoiler for LP just like LP did for them.
Apart from this, they want to avoid use of technicalities by APC. An open court will demand substance above technicalities.
Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by ORIAYO70(m): 4:02pm On May 09, 2023
meolaniyi:

Bro the process go take one years plus.
Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by IamNat: 5:02pm On May 09, 2023
DMerciful:

Relax oga, why are you guys always in a rush to make it look like someone is against you. Did I say they should not grant PDP's prayer? All I'm saying is they can't just grant it without hearing from other interested party, don't forget that this is not a criminal case.

The court is still open for the public, but televising the hearing would have to be agreed upon by all involved parties, since previous cases are not televised, so why would this be different? You don't just force things on people because you feel that's the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by blowjohn(m): 5:14pm On May 09, 2023
DMerciful:
Your daily bread is tied to politics! The right political leaders determine how prosperous a country becomes so this I-don't-care attitude is what is hurting Nigerians. Its the reason politicians steal with impunity because they know many of you don't care

No way!
I refuse to be tied that way.
Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by Afamsi: 5:18pm On May 09, 2023
I doubt apc or inec would want live transmission cos thieves don't like open dealings
Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by OKOATA(m): 6:40pm On May 09, 2023
DMerciful:
We have too many illiterates in Nigeria that's why I don't blame them, there are even dedicated channels you will find on DStv and Gotv hearing LIVE court cases. Always going against anything that will move the country forward is what you will find amongst the opposition. Evil entities.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by DMerciful(m): 7:11pm On May 09, 2023
If the government raises fuel price to N1000 per litre, will it affect you or not? If you're a student and govt refuses to align with ASUU and they go on strike for 1yr, will it affect when you'll graduate? Dey play!
blowjohn:

No way!
I refuse to be tied that way.

Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by DMerciful(m): 7:13pm On May 09, 2023
Thats why I said only thieves operate in the dark. So if APC says no, the rest of Nigerians cannot view it? How many members of the public can go there, 0.00000000001%?
IamNat:

Relax oga, why are you guys always in a rush to make it look like someone is against you. Did I say they should not grant PDP's prayer? All I'm saying is they can't just grant it without hearing from other interested party, don't forget that this is not a criminal case.

The court is still open for the public, but televising the hearing would have to be agreed upon by all involved parties, since previous cases are not televised, so why would this be different? You don't just force things on people because you feel that's the right thing.
Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by blowjohn(m): 7:15pm On May 09, 2023
DMerciful:
If the government raises fuel price to N1000 per litre, will it affect you or not? If you're a student and govt refuses to align with ASUU and they go on strike for 1yr, will it affect when you'll graduate? Dey play!

Av finished school.
Business wise, as long as I have a contented mind, and as long as profits keep coming in, if them like make Dem make fuel 1500, I won't flinch.

Am not the type to use proceeds frm my business to start building a house instead of improving and expanding the business.

Besides there are alternatives to fuel like solar
Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by DMerciful(m): 7:20pm On May 09, 2023
I only gave you examples but the activities of govt affects everybody
blowjohn:

Av finished school.
Business wise, as long as I have a contented mind, and as long as profits keep coming in, if them like make Dem make fuel 1500, I won't flinch.

Am not the type to use proceeds frm my business to start building a house instead of improving and expanding the business.

Besides there are alternatives to fuel like solar

1 Like

Re: Breaking News! Updates From The Appeal Court (PEPT). by BigYash: 7:53pm On May 09, 2023
grin These ones dey fight for wetin no concern them.. They have refused to believe that Nigeria is a messed up country that can't be redeemed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bayo Onanuga: Tinubu Listens, Will Ensure Nigerians Don’t Suffer / Charles Ogbulogo Tasks FG On Harnessing Potentials Of The Blue Economy / Senate Directs Yar' Adua To Hand Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.