Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,274 members, 7,829,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra (51243 Views)

Anambra Woman Forced To Walk Over Daughter's Corpse To Prove Her Innocence (Pix) / Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband / Delta Man Forced To Drink Water Used In Bathing His Brother's Corpse. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by mamoh2k3: 8:15pm On May 11, 2023

1 Like

Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by EdiskyHarry: 8:16pm On May 11, 2023
Why are Igbos like this?
What kind of foolishness is this?

3 Likes

Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 11, 2023
Anambra people are still doing this nonsense

11 Likes

Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by niel63(m): 8:18pm On May 11, 2023
I am igbo...Full blooded.

From Imo state. My state of origin is ancient.

But I condemn this.

That's why me and my hypocritical uncles and kinsmen no dey agree.

Selfish hypocritical lots... my father's death last December made me see certain things I'd never be part of.

Wicked people and God created me differently. Na ther them get problem cos they can't do shit to me... my heritage is stronger than their gods and beliefs.

Motherfuchers... undecided undecided

If dey jump anyhow I go put am for their body. No time to serenade shit. If I no do am, my younger brother go run am... omo ekó no be for mouth my nighar.

Let the dead rest in peace.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by Airlord2030: 8:18pm On May 11, 2023
raskymonojendor:

That's why they run after the people they call Demons grin
you are right grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by Staywithbina: 8:22pm On May 11, 2023
Airlord2030:

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/5/75-year-old-man-arraigned-for-forcing-anambra-widow-to-drink-water-used-to-wash-corpse-of-her-husbands-nephew-2.html
If you check am well,that woman has been part of play to ridicle someelse in the community probably when her husband was alive or when she was in power ,na so them be for village ..them de do theirselves turn by turn

7 Likes

Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by Weknowbetter: 8:22pm On May 11, 2023
And what does this prove exactly. If she get sick and vomit from the water, she guilty?? So ignorant

1 Like

Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 11, 2023
Airlord2030:

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/5/75-year-old-man-arraigned-for-forcing-anambra-widow-to-drink-water-used-to-wash-corpse-of-her-husbands-nephew-2.html
it must be them. The most misogynistic tribe. Even when other tribes now permit women to inherit their fathers property,it is only them that still resist it

Sometimes I wonder if their massacre and starvation during the civil war was not a result of their misogyny.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by Airlord2030: 8:25pm On May 11, 2023
flokii:

Don't mind the ugly set of people.. ugly facially and in character.
i cursed the day British merge me and this animals in one country i swear

6 Likes

Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:26pm On May 11, 2023
Goodman2023:
I will try my best to be objective here.

Some people will call this a barbaric act, but if you check very well, some of those same people didn't see anything wrong in the killing of DEBORAH..

You tried to make sense then ended up trying to justify the said act. Wow!

‘what-about-ism’

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by Holluwhakemmy(f): 8:27pm On May 11, 2023
Backward Culture

3 Likes

Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by NanoSec: 8:27pm On May 11, 2023
lify44:
Please I need to go throughthe past question
please send a mail

geexclusive4@gmail.com
Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by DisLifeSha: 8:28pm On May 11, 2023
Anytime is not okay. Even a living being is not okay

vastolord4:
What nonsense.. imagine if the copse has began to decay

2 Likes

Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by Benwallt(m): 8:29pm On May 11, 2023
Goodman2023:

Some people will call this a barbaric act, but if you check very well, some of those same people didn't see anything wrong in the killing of DEBORAH..

You called this objective? This is plain crass

9 Likes

Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by ejimatic: 8:29pm On May 11, 2023
Airlord2030:

It is only in the South East that...God will open their hearts! A woman with a similar issue refused to drink " backward water" .She went to Enugu to slug it out with them there. If yiu take it simple with them in SE you will be humiliated. Drinking water in the 21st century! What a backward custom!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by CENI: 8:30pm On May 11, 2023
Goodman2023:

No sir, the killing of DEBORAH, the killings in Southern Kaduna and Benue, and the Skull miners in SW are sophisticated acts of 21st Century naw. Hypocrites.
Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by Ibrahimmufutau: 8:31pm On May 11, 2023
Praktikals1000:
Igbos are just too barbaric.
Not only barbaric, they are stona age people no much different between them and apes and gorillas. When they come to west they are claiming superiority and civilization over others warrace, they are just being empty barrels that make terrible noises. Earthen people and ,they called themselves Christians and children of god. Ghoulish people!

9 Likes

Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:31pm On May 11, 2023
Abagworo:

Definitely not Igbo culture but borrowed from elsewhere. I'm well versed in Igbo culture and this has never been passed down through our tradition.

OSU tradition nkò? As educated and exposed people they ought to have put an end to all these.

Evil like this thrives because y’all prefer to look the other way.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by WithFact: 8:32pm On May 11, 2023
Nazgul:
A woman of that age should have grown up children who should be able to protect her from all those village men and their useless traditions.

If she do have grown up kids, all I can say is shame on them. No creature dead or alive can force my mom to drink water used to wash a corpse, whoever tries it would end up as a corpse.

You don't know them that is why. Most times, children did worse to their parents to the extent of taking their life.

This is not worse than a child who coordinated & join his friends in raping his mother because she refused to give him money.

They can't be helped o. Their case na follow come..

2 Likes

Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by RecentHistory: 8:32pm On May 11, 2023
Women in Igboland are worth less than dogs

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by Blake755: 8:34pm On May 11, 2023
Abagworo:

Definitely not Igbo culture but borrowed from elsewhere. I'm well versed in Igbo culture and this has never been passed down through our tradition.
Our side still dey do am Sha the last one wey got me laughing hard is that the instilled in the woman to sleep in the same room with the dead husband omo thanks be say the house the never put am ceiling so the woman clam the roofing and went to the palour and slept I kid you not it was very hilarious Sha 😂😂😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by Trustedpronet: 8:35pm On May 11, 2023
This I have seen....this state will never govern Nigeria. Better Rochas Okorocha
Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by BenazirAve: 8:35pm On May 11, 2023
Ok
Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by ipobarecriminals: 8:35pm On May 11, 2023
sad They locked themselves up, force their parents to drink corpse water shocked embarassed.Biafrans embarassed sad! Tufia!

5 Likes

Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:36pm On May 11, 2023
Staywithbina:

[s]If you check am well,that woman has been part of play to ridicle someelse in the community probably when her husband was alive or when she was in power ,na so them be for village...them de do theirselves turn by turn[/s]

Trash, it’s your type that blame ladies for being raped

1 Like

Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by Diligent1(f): 8:36pm On May 11, 2023
Chimamanda, this is your core job as a female, your fellow females are suffering in your region, this is where your capability is needed.

You are not giving your property to your child because she is a female, this is absurd.
What kind of culture is this and they want to rule Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by JohnVianney: 8:37pm On May 11, 2023
Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by ufuosman(m): 8:37pm On May 11, 2023
Na wa
Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by CENI: 8:39pm On May 11, 2023
[quote author=mamoh2k3 post=123079671]Reason why we can't allow them to rule this country
(quote author=Airlord2030 post=123078922]

I'm sure nobody in your family generation both past and present has ever occupied any elective position, talk less of ruling this country.
Even your 'we' that are ruling this country, how market naw? Hypocrite and hater.
Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by Okwyjesus(m): 8:39pm On May 11, 2023
Wawelexy:
The easterners ought to have outgrown this barbaric practice by now... It's 2023 for God's sake

Exactly.

3 Likes

Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 11, 2023
This nonsense have been stopped long ago naw. Haba why are some people so wicked angry
Re: Inlaws Force Widow To Drink Corpse Water Of Husband's Nephew In Anambra by Moniya4Real(m): 8:44pm On May 11, 2023
The woman, I doubt, will ever be the same psychologicallly and health wise. She has ingested all sorts of germs, bacteria and diseases by drinking the dirty water used in bathing a corpse. Africa why?😮‍💨

Airlord2030:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife And His Wife Arrive Canada In Style. Photos / Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) / Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.