Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,353 members, 7,829,887 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? (16366 Views)

Loss Of Libido Due To Depression: How Does One Revive It? / How Do I Cope With This Behaviour / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by ipobarecriminals: 12:23pm On May 12, 2023
sad
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Pietrak1(m): 12:25pm On May 12, 2023
So sorry for your loss. Only time can heal you. No amount of words can.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Emola12(m): 12:25pm On May 12, 2023
Seun I am tired of you
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by ipobarecriminals: 12:25pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:
It's been over three weeks now I lost my younger sister to death. I'm still finding it really difficult to get myself together.

The pain of losing her so untimely has shaken me to my roots. The tears won't stop coming.

I've been told to try and move on and be strong. But how embarassed
be strong /be of good courage. She sleep. May heaven give your family fortitude to bear the irreplaceable loss. It is well
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by PeachtreeReside(f): 12:25pm On May 12, 2023
Accept my condolence.

It would take time to heal to an extent

You cannot hurry this process at all

Sending you loads of strength

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by DukeNija(m): 12:25pm On May 12, 2023
It’s still early days. Time heals wounds so give the recovery process some time. So sorry for your loss and pain. It will get better with time.
Take it each day at a time, stay close to family and God.
My condolences on your loss.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 12, 2023
cry cry cry cry

So sorry
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by soles21(m): 12:26pm On May 12, 2023
Don't fight the tears. Allow it you'll be okay. I lost my dad, favorite aunty and little niece all in a week some few years back. I never thought I'd be here saying this.

Make sure you're not always alone. Surround yourself with people who care about you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Fistop: 12:26pm On May 12, 2023
Loosing a loved is not an easy feeling. Its so emotional that one can hardly get over the feeling. I'm still morning my elder brother whom we lost 4years ago, precisely Jan15th, 2019. Its a painful loss, but I'll advise you to take heart. May God give you the fortitude to bear the loss.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by ITbomb(m): 12:27pm On May 12, 2023
Your sister is in a better place, someday you will follow.
Protect her legacy and also build on yours, so that anytime you leave, it would be said, at least she did this or that,God bless her soul
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by sammirano: 12:27pm On May 12, 2023
Sorry for your loss, how old was she?
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by olabright31: 12:27pm On May 12, 2023
Sorry about the loss. I can imagine how painful and huge the loss is for you. But know that time will you. I pray for God to grant you the fortitude
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by GistFullGround: 12:27pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:
It's been over three weeks now I lost my younger sister to death. I'm still finding it really difficult to get myself together.

The pain of losing her so untimely has shaken me to my roots. The tears won't stop coming.

Sorry for your loss; someone once said "the best the dead can do for the living is to keep on living".

May God heal your pains, just remember the good times you shared together, smile always and keep strong. It is well with you!
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by sportskid(m): 12:27pm On May 12, 2023
Time will heal your wounds....It will always be painful especially before the burial, but after the burial, it will keep getting better with each passing day.....It's well
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by morelands(m): 12:27pm On May 12, 2023
Email me at ifezuojohn@gmail. com. I have an ebook that will help you
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by YelloweWest: 12:28pm On May 12, 2023
I lost my younger brother in 2019. Unexpectedly.

He was murdered by sars.

The pain never goes away, you just have to learn to live with it.

Give yourself not more than 10minutes to cry daily.
Immerse yourself into something productive to divert your mind from the loss.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 12, 2023
My condolences.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by FireUpNow(m): 12:28pm On May 12, 2023
She left a space that will forever be opened but it's quite understandable as time is the best healer. Sorry for your lose. We grieve with you and may God almighty grant you the fortitude to bear the lose. Condolences
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by omooba969(m): 12:29pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

Grieve if you must, as it helps to lighten the burden of your irreplaceable loss.

It's okay to grieve buddy. 🙂
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by cassyrooy(m): 12:30pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

Losing a family member is like having an arm cut off, you may want to use it but it's no longer there.

Try being intentional about life, get everyone else together and start again, and again.

It's going to be painfully hellish but don't think of it much, just keep on.

Imagine Dragons' Wrecked is one song I'll refer you to watch/listen to.

There's no answer, just live right henceforth and give all the love you've got to the rest of your family members.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Incrediblekutty(m): 12:30pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

I can imagine!!! I lost my Sister to sickle cell in 2020, and believe me when I say it has not been easy. The coming days won't be easy as you might even start seeing her in your dreams but braze up and be ready to forget about it as no level of cry or bitterness. The Lord will fortify you to bear the loss.. Shalom

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by FireUpNow(m): 12:31pm On May 12, 2023
morelands:
Email me at ifezuojohn@gmail. com. I have an ebook that will help you
🚶🚶🚶😡😡😡
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by victorVIC1(m): 12:31pm On May 12, 2023
It is well.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Antipob777(f): 12:32pm On May 12, 2023
OP chia, pls accept my sympathy. It's indeed a tough and painful time for you.

I know the feelings as it happened to me years back.

Just take heart and try to move on though is not easy.

May her soul Rest in peace and may God comfort you and your entire family and grant you the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.

I share your pains with you.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Kajaard: 12:33pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

I am so sorry for your loss. I too felt the same way years ago when I lost my dad (he was my best friend and he meant the world to me).

Time will heal all wounds. Accept my sympathy.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:33pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

don’t refrain from talking about her and reminiscing on the good times together, start a thread here where you write about her and pour out ur emotions. The best way to get over the loss of a loved one is by talking about them. Suppression of feelings prolongs the suffering.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by dayleke: 12:34pm On May 12, 2023
Sorry for your loss.
May her soul continue to RIP cry
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Akosxxx(m): 12:34pm On May 12, 2023
I'm gonna share with you something that helped me when I was in a situation like yours.
Imagine that you're having a conversation with your sister about her death and how much you've missed her. Then imagine what her reply would be.
I'm sure she'd say you shouldn't be the way you are right now coz of her demise, as death is a constant thing in life.

Pray for her whenever you remember her death as that would be of more benefit to her than the sadness.

So sorry for your loss.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:34pm On May 12, 2023
Mindlog:

You are bereaved, so what you have been feeling is part of your grieving.

I will suggest though it sounds weird from where we come from, that you write a letter to your late younger sister.

You would certainly cry through the process but it would help in releasing some of the pains you are presently experiencing and you don't have to finish writing it in one sitting, take as much time as you want...it is very therapeutic.

When you are through with the writing, make out a private time and space to burn that letter, sit down and watch it burn as you try to remember the happy times with your sister.....it really helps as it is evidence-based.

May her soul rest in peace and God grant you and your family the strength to go through the loss.

literally same thing I typed
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by zoghys: 12:37pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

The Lord is your strength, sorry for your lost.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by TheGift: 12:40pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

So sorry to hear. Loss is a painful thing that all Humans must go through.

I wasn't sure how to say what I wanted to say, but I found some excerpts, please see below;

“The pain has a role to play. It will clean something, refresh something, awaken something. Many people, their true spiritual life blossomed out of tragedy and pain. Mooji

"Mourning the loss of a close friend or relative takes time, but research tells us that it can also be the catalyst for a renewed sense of meaning that offers purpose and direction to life.

Grieving individuals may find it helpful to use some of the following strategies to help them process and come to terms with loss:

Talk about the death of your loved one with friends or colleagues in order to help you understand what happened and remember your friend or family member. Avoidance can lead to isolation and will disrupt the healing process with your support systems.

Accept your feelings. You may experience a wide range of emotions from sadness, anger or even exhaustion.

All of these feelings are normal and it’s important to recognize when you are feeling this way. If you feel stuck or overwhelmed by these emotions, it may be helpful to talk with a licensed psychologist or other mental health professional who can help you cope with your feelings and find ways to get back on track.

Take care of yourself and your family. Eating healthy foods, exercising and getting plenty of sleep can help your physical and emotional health. The grieving process can take a toll on one’s body. Make sure you check in with your loved ones and that they are taking the necessary healthy steps to maintain their health.

Reach out and help others dealing with the loss. Spending time with loved ones of the deceased can help everyone cope. Whether it’s sharing stories or listening to your loved one’s favorite music, these small efforts can make a big difference to some. Helping others has the added benefit of making you feel better as well.

Remember and celebrate the lives of your loved ones. Anniversaries of a lost loved one can be a difficult time for friends and family, but it can also be a time for remembrance and honoring them. It may be that you decide to collect donations to a favorite charity of the deceased, passing on a family name to a baby or planting a garden in memory.

What you choose is up to you, as long as it allows you to honor that unique relationship in a way that feels right to you."

I wish you the very best on this journey, you will come out stronger and better on the other side. Amen.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown / Is Polygamy A Sin Among Christians Even For Pastors / Her Husband Refuses To Eat Her Food For Up To 3 Weeks And She Doesn't Care

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.