Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,259 members, 7,829,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? (16361 Views)

Loss Of Libido Due To Depression: How Does One Revive It? / How Do I Cope With This Behaviour / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by akseph1: 12:40pm On May 12, 2023
so sorry dear, God will give you the strength
to bear the loss. it is not easy, I can tell you. For me, I have come to terms with it that life is not forever and everything within it is for a while. the world in its entirety is nothing. Death can come to anyone, anytime including me. So I don't take too hold of it. with this knowledge, if somebody dies around me, I do feel anything. I just remain myself of these things. I am also in Christ Jesus so if anything should happen, I am gone. May you find relief in these words. amen
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Slaysor: 12:40pm On May 12, 2023
Just be strong,with time you will heal. When I lost a loved one some years ago,I shut myself In a room and was crying and praying. I asked God if it is possible let me go and let the person come back. After that day of intense crying,I let go. Be strong.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Akumoney(m): 12:42pm On May 12, 2023
May the LORD Console you and your family. Shalom
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Mom007(f): 12:43pm On May 12, 2023
It will get easier, then the pain will pass... Pele. embarassed
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by ttomexy(f): 12:44pm On May 12, 2023
Give it time, but while healing look for a distraction to stay sane, please try, depression is real

it is well with you
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by almarthins(m): 12:44pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:
It's been over three weeks now I lost my younger sister to death. I'm still finding it really difficult to get myself together.

The pain of losing her so untimely has shaken me to my roots. The tears won't stop coming.

I've been told to try and move on and be strong. But how embarassed

You can cope, as you still some loved ones around you. I know it is not easy but the only choice you have now is to move on.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by koladebrainiac(m): 12:44pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:
It's been over three weeks now I lost my younger sister to death. I'm still finding it really difficult to get myself together.

The pain of losing her so untimely has shaken me to my roots. The tears won't stop coming.

b Time heals all wound
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by riverbird: 12:46pm On May 12, 2023
Sorry dear, take heart ❤️
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by kokomilala(m): 12:49pm On May 12, 2023
@RoyalBlu, I can relate. But only in God can you find succour.

I lost mine three years ago, after all the pains and everything we did. We spent about two million Naira. Yet, we still lost her. She was one of the persons I loved most in this world. She ranked second to my late dad. We were very close. She was a gentle soul, who could hardly hurt anyone. I'm getting emotional typing this. I had to retire a movie, Into The Wild, because of her. In that movie, two siblings we very close. The sister of the protagonist lost him. The movie floods back memories of my late sis. So, I've stopped watching.it.

May 10, two days ago, was her posthumous birthday.

Read the word of God daily. The clouds of gloom will pass away gradually and the time of feasting will come again.

May God give you the fortitude to bear such an irreparable loss!

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 12:54pm On May 12, 2023
Only God can heal you, I have been there.
I mourned my brother for 4years before I let go.
Take heart.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by silverx(m): 12:54pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

So so sorry for the loss my dear. May Almighty God give you the strength to overcome her loss. You just have to be strong my dear.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Shegs105: 12:55pm On May 12, 2023
morelands:
Email me at ifezuojohn@gmail. com. I have an ebook that will help you
I have emailed you too, could you just help me with the book as well? I lost my own younger brother just about 1 year ago, but I am finding it difficult to deal with.

From the day he died till now, I cry…

It’s the most difficult thing in life to deal with, the pains doesn’t diminish.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Gbolahan111: 12:55pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

Hi, so sorry that you’ve lost your dear sister to the cold hands of death. It is really painful to see our dear loved ones passed away. I can tell you, it is not always easy to endure. Please note, it is normal to shed tears anytime you feel like. Feel free to cry but you’ll be fine with time.

There are some Bible passages that I have found useful and can be of encouragement to you. It mentions how God has power over death and his promises for the future. I am sure you might not have come across them before.
The assurances from God give us hope for the future.
Isaiah 25:8; 26:19; Acts 24:15; Revelation 21:3,4, and 2Cor 1:3,4. Can these promises be fulfilled? Yes, Titus 1:2 says God can never lie.

Also, you can visit the website below for further information.
https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-no3-2016-may/

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by BECALMBECALM(m): 12:56pm On May 12, 2023
May the almighty heal your heart my dear. I am sure with time you will pull through. I really understand what you are going through. You will be fine.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by phartymart(f): 12:57pm On May 12, 2023
Ehyar!!! May Almighty God console you 🙏
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Chassy03: 12:58pm On May 12, 2023
Get over it..life goes on
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by youngrichnigga: 1:01pm On May 12, 2023
So sorry for this. The lord will heal your pain, just be positive cool cool cool
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by spiritedtete: 1:02pm On May 12, 2023
Time will heal you... but it will never remove the sorrow... you have to live with it.. but most times act like all is well.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 1:02pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

So sorry for your loss,dear.But take heart and move on with your life, because death is one thing we humans have no solution for.
Your sister surely is resting in the bosom of the Lord.She has been removed from this sinful world.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by uzhiyeka(m): 1:04pm On May 12, 2023
Same thing happened to me I lost my younger sister on her way back from school Nekedi. After her exams. When I was called to come and claim the corpse I felt disorganized. To make it short I just asked myself one question how long will I keep on thinking of her. She's gone she goes I just have to admit that and move onu. I only learnt a lesson that nothing last forever and nobody knows tomorrow. And life is a place of schooling and we all must die sooner or later no age bracket for death. Just hold on an move on my dear.. tho is not easy but make it easy for yourself cox only you can do it for yourself.
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Blake755: 1:08pm On May 12, 2023
Tonalphs:
Time heals all wounds. It's a step by step process. Everyday becomes less struggle to let go. You'll be fine. I pray you find peace and that deep inner conviction that all is well in your world.
Really does time heal all wound what happens to someone with chronic disease 😒😓
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by spencekat(m): 1:08pm On May 12, 2023
Fistop:
Loosing a loved is not an easy feeling. Its so emotional that one can hardly get over the feeling. I'm still morning my elder brother whom we lost 4years ago, precisely [/b] Jan15th, 2019[b]. Its a painful loss, but I'll advise you to take heart. May God give you the fortitude to bear the loss.
Same day,my beloved dad died. cry
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Edusouls(m): 1:09pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

so sorry take heart, though the pain is deep to the soul I have experienced it, just calm down and let time slowly do the healing, death is an unexplained natural phenomenon God has approved for all of mortal beings, chai so sorry for ur loss , I can sense the deep sorrow and agony from here..what really happened? Did she fall sick?
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 12, 2023
RoyalBlu:

the experience isnt funny i can relate i lost my elder sis @40 in 2016 i became extremely nice to ladies ever since then you will get over it .
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by brutal1(m): 1:11pm On May 12, 2023
So sorry for your loss sis, it is painful and there is nothing any of us can tell you to take that pain away. The fact is that, death comes to us at any time. This is part the xtianity religion fails to prepare us for. We should all be prepared for it. We all think in our mind that their is a calendar for death whereby we all grow old and our parents will be around 120years and one day daddy will go, then mummy will be live for long and now go. My question is who is next after daddy and mummy dies? First born? Right? He will live so old and die then his wife… second born turn will come and all that. This circle is unrealistic. Death can start from the last born. It can start with children. People die through any means accident, sickness, violence, war, natural disasters & many more. So cry if you want but when you remember crying won’t bring her back then console yourself and enjoy your good moments and reduce the tears..Jesus didn’t live long but made impact. Please stay strong because you can’t afford to breakdown. Please stay strong. God will be with you and your family.
RoyalBlu:

I know we're all going to die someday. embarassed

But dying so suddenly and young with so many unfinished dreams is so painful for words.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by RoyalBlu(f): 1:13pm On May 12, 2023
Many thanks to you all. Your words are greatly appreciated.🙏

I will pull through this pain.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Siiri: 1:15pm On May 12, 2023
Hmmm

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 12, 2023
Draslo:
How did she die?

See mumu question..how does that matter and change the fact that she is dead?

Una apc supporters ehn
Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by juman(m): 1:18pm On May 12, 2023
I feel like crying again.
You remind me of our loss. Great loss.
Our god, the whole family beneficiary.
Despite he died at age of over eight years old.
But he was too good of human being.
My maternal uncle.
Very nice person.
Three suratul qurash for him.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? by juman(m): 1:21pm On May 12, 2023
I was told one day, my junior brother died at home.
For long time I thought it was fake news.
I never thought he could die before me. It's terrible experience.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Easy Ways To Practice Self-love / Is Polygamy A Sin Among Christians Even For Pastors / 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.