Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas (4170 Views)

Addressing The Menace Called African Time / The Invasion Of Oyo Empire By Tsoede,The King Of Nupe In 1457 / Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by Evboesi: 12:04pm On May 16, 2023
freshkpomo:

I thought I was an jiaw man (according to you), why will an ijaw man be reading about the origin of the diversity of languages amongst Benin clans. I should be busy ready about uzon people na tongue tongue... Have a nice day my friend, was nice engaging you.
If you want to learn, you will have to read, you are not paying me. I had an aim which was to educate you on the subject matter you are clearly ignorant of. I think my work here is done, the questions you asked were clearly borne out of the fact that you are not Bini. If you were of the Bini ethnicity, no matter how ignorant you are,you would not have asked many of those questions goodbye my Ijaw brother

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by Vado2: 1:29pm On May 17, 2023
Evboesi:
Esan was not studied Ehoo Ozour, the fact that it said it may differ however not in all spellings and pronunciations certainly some of them and the communities that may differ were listed directly

The language that was studied is Edo proper which is Bini,Esan is not part of it

This boy does not deserve a mention he’s from the brown roof tribe.

Freshkpomo tread with caution. Last warning ⛔️
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by freshkpomo(m): 1:45pm On May 17, 2023
Vado2:

Small children!!!
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by freshkpomo(m): 1:58pm On May 17, 2023
Evboesi:
If you want to learn, you will have to read, you are not paying me. I had an aim which was to educate you on the subject matter you are clearly ignorant of. I think my work here is done, the questions you asked were clearly borne out of the fact that you are not Bini. If you were of the Bini ethnicity, no matter how ignorant you are,you would not have asked many of those questions goodbye my Ijaw brother

Mr hot yam are you aware that some of those places you mentioned have other dialects just as usen, egbeta and utese speaking Yoruba? Na over Sabi dey worry you and let me tell you Again even if you like tag me ijaw, urhobo or kwale. There is nothing to write home about our tribe as a whole, tell me one significant thing you have as a bragging right? Just One? No companies to employ people, no good roads, nothing at all. Continue dey chest beat. The part I realized you were stupid was when you brought out one line from rema to compare thousands of lines from influence akaba man, and our won uselu boy slizzy E! The two may not be large but they do so much shit with our language than rema is doing. You see bug Yoruba and big Igbo artists singing with their tribes. Tell me one song from rema that has a Benin title, just one!!! Carry your chest beating stupidity elsewhere, I am not like many if you fools that support evil because it is been done by a family member. Benin is declining and you fools chest beating will not change anything!!! All the tribes you abuse online are better positioned in the country than you.

If Benin man dey office and you greet am LAMOGUN Sir just to get a job, the man go do like him nor dey hear Benin. But other tribes immediately they see the names are from their tribes they will rush and work in their favour. You be mumu to dey use Benin brag online!!!
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by Evboesi: 8:27pm On May 17, 2023
freshkpomo:

Mr hot yam are you aware that some of those places you mentioned have other dialects just as usen, egbeta and utese speaking Yoruba? Na over Sabi dey worry you and let me tell you Again even if you like tag me ijaw, urhobo or kwale. There is nothing to write home about [b]our tribe [/b]as a whole, tell me one significant thing you have as a bragging right? Just One? No companies to employ people, no good roads, nothing at all. Continue dey chest beat. The part I realized you were stupid was when you brought out one line from rema to compare thousands of lines from influence akaba man, and our won uselu boy slizzy E! The two may not be large but they do so much shit with our language than rema is doing. You see bug Yoruba and big Igbo artists singing with their tribes. Tell me one song from rema that has a Benin title, just one!!! Carry your chest beating stupidity elsewhere, I am not like many if you fools that support evil because it is been done by a family member. Benin is declining and you fools chest beating will not change anything!!! All the tribes you abuse online are better positioned in the country than you.

If Benin man dey office and you greet am LAMOGUN Sir just to get a job, the man go do like him nor dey hear Benin. But other tribes immediately they see the names are from their tribes they will rush and work in their favour. You be mumu to dey use Benin brag online!!!
stop saying our tribe, the hardest battle to fight is the one from within, if not that you claim Bini, I wouldn’t have given you attention, I would have taken your comments as hate and overlook, have a nice life my brother, pitch your tent elsewhere

3 Likes

Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by Evboesi: 8:41pm On May 17, 2023
Vado2:

I know he is an imposter, a supposedly educated person that does not know that most languages in the world has dialect and the dialects of the Bini is some of the most homogeneous in the world and has very high mutual intelligibility rate.A supposedly Bini man that does not know that Usen is Bilingual speaking Bini and a yoruboid tongue as it is the norm with border areas. And that they have a family salutation that is among the seventy four in Benin and hence are considered as Bini. This is what any fifteen year old Bini boy should know but a full grown man that might be older than me does not know it. He is either a low life Ijaw or Yoruba bastard I know

A slowpoke that thinks anyone that does not sing in his native language is not proud of it.

Varieties of the Edo language are also spoken in other speech communities in Edo which according to Omoregbe (2012), include: Ozanogogo,Oza Aibiokunla,Oza-Nisi,Odiguetue,Errua, Ehor,Ikpe, Urhonigbe,among others. These varieties however show some differences in pronunciation and spelling although they are mutually intelligible

This is what mutual intelligibility is, if you are not literate enough to know

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by freshkpomo(m): 10:54pm On May 17, 2023
Evboesi:
I know he is an imposter, a supposedly educated person that does not know that most languages in the world has dialect and the dialects of the Bini is some of the most homogeneous in the world and has very high mutual intelligibility rate.A supposedly Bini man that does not know that Usen is Bilingual speaking Bini and a yoruboid tongue as it is the norm with border areas. And that they have a family salutation that is among the seventy four in Benin and hence are considered as Bini. This is what any fifteen year old Bini boy should know but a full grown man that might be older than me does not know it. He is either a low life Ijaw or Yoruba bastard I know

A slowpoke that thinks anyone that does not sing in his native language is not proud of it.

Varieties of the Edo language are also spoken in other speech communities in Edo which according to Omoregbe (2012), include: Ozanogogo,Oza Aibiokunla,Oza-Nisi,Odiguetue,Errua, Ehor,Ikpe, Urhonigbe,among others. These varieties however show some differences in pronunciation and spelling although they are mutually intelligible

This is what mutual intelligibility is, if you are not literate enough to know

who want do imposter for stupid Benin? For inside Nigeria who know Benin? As a Benin man I dey shame sometimes when I dey travel go back my home town... I never see USA, or Britain do imposter for na Benin tribe I go do imposter for. See wetin you Google and tell me the difference between that and what I said about Esan!!! Una just dey irritate me!
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by freshkpomo(m): 11:02pm On May 17, 2023
Evboesi:
stop saying our tribe, the hardest battle to fight is the one from within, if not that you claim Bini, I wouldn’t have given you attention, I would have taken your comments as hate and overlook, have a nice life my brother, pitch your tent elsewhere

Him nor get wetin you want talk, Yorubas are far better than Benins and the ijaw you abuse also pull weight more than Benin. Since you nor want get sense make we continue dey sun our dirty clothes outside. I have asked you severally that apart from oba, when you travel outside Benin tell me one thing that you can be proud of? Just one!!! Na Benin I see people go stay fit years and them nor go Sabi speak our language. Even parents nor dey gree speak for their children, many schools nor even dey offer Edo language like it was in our time, and you dey here dey mumu dey talk rubbish!!! Even if my brother na thief, I nor go clothe dey proud about am but I go tell am to him face say him be thief. Benin currently is nothing to be proud of and i guess you are too young or have not travelled enough to see this... You can continue with your copy and paste but that won't change the reality in ground.
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by AutomaticMotors: 12:00am On May 18, 2023
freshkpomo:

Him nor get wetin you want talk, Yorubas are far better than Benins and the ijaw you abuse also pull weight more than Benin. Since you nor want get sense make we continue dey sun our dirty clothes outside. I have asked you severally that apart from oba, when you travel outside Benin tell me one thing that you can be proud of? Just one!!! Na Benin I see people go stay fit years and them nor go Sabi speak our language. Even parents nor dey gree speak for their children, many schools nor even dey offer Edo language like it was in our time, and you dey here dey mumu dey talk rubbish!!! Even if my brother na thief, I nor go clothe dey proud about am but I go tell am to him face say him be thief. Benin currently is nothing to be proud of and i guess you are too young or have not travelled enough to see this... You can continue with your copy and paste but that won't change the reality in ground.

We don hear can you shut up now??
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by freshkpomo(m): 12:11am On May 18, 2023
AutomaticMotors:

We don hear can you shut up now??

untrained child!
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by AutomaticMotors: 12:36am On May 18, 2023
freshkpomo:

Direct that insult to your father you untrained child!

I pity you I hope you keep the same energy in real life when I get an hold of you ......... Continue
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by freshkpomo(m): 6:31am On May 18, 2023
AutomaticMotors:

I pity you I hope you keep the same energy in real life when I get an hold of you ......... Continue

Online Chuck Norris, SMH!!!
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by AutomaticMotors: 12:26pm On May 18, 2023
freshkpomo:

Online Chuck Norris, SMH!!!

It is a faceless forum no?........ Continue!!!!!
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by freshkpomo(m): 1:06pm On May 18, 2023
AutomaticMotors:

It is a faceless forum no?........ Continue!!!!!

All these children, go #saynotocultism thread and you will see my identity there. I don't have anything to hide, so it's you that should be worried if nairaland is faceless or not because my identity for the forum cast!
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by Stoplying: 3:19pm On May 18, 2023
freshkpomo:

All these children, go #saynotocultism thread and you will see my identity there. I don't have anything to hide, so it's you that should be worried if nairaland is faceless or not because my identity for the forum cast!
You talk too much, stop claiming ethnicity in a faceless forum. There is no way to verify your claims.
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by AutomaticMotors: 4:52pm On May 18, 2023
freshkpomo:

Very Good!!
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by AutomaticMotors: 4:53pm On May 18, 2023
Stoplying:

You talk too much, stop claiming ethnicity in a faceless forum. There is no way to verify your claims.

Howfar bro I haven't gotten your mail
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by Odogwuzack: 11:04pm On May 19, 2023
They opened thread to insult the Yorubas but edi mu gbogbo won. grin

Shame on you all. cheesy
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by phineas: 10:33am On May 21, 2023
Stoplying:

Yoruba is an other spelling for yarri.ba which is the former name of Oyo. And it's king is titled Alafin, also it has nothing to do with what Nigerians identify as Yoruba today.

That's how far you know...

Ife and aboriginal Yoruba Kings predate Oyo,Benin and many empires put together
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by phineas: 10:40am On May 21, 2023
Stoplying:

Yoruba is an other spelling for yarri.ba which is the former name of Oyo. And it's king is titled Alafin, also it has nothing to do with what Nigerians identify as Yoruba today.

The Yoruba people are older,way older than Oyo
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by phineas: 10:44am On May 21, 2023
Stoplying:

Ha, ok you are making your fake history and your obvious lies about archeology in order to sell land 🤣

Been uneducated itself is not bad.But when you receive information refusing to ask more and learning more on the topic.Thats something Else entirely that's inexcusable.

I'll send you on a a learning trip.Find the most prestigious archeology institutes in the world.Go search their archeology department for their list of present projects.Thats a good place to start.
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by phineas: 10:47am On May 21, 2023
An on the topic of the roots of Benin.it has been addressed conclusively.Benin draws its roots from Ife.

Benin should actually be proud of that association.
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by AutomaticMotors: 1:50pm On May 21, 2023
phineas:
An on the topic of the roots of Benin.it has been addressed conclusively.Benin draws its roots from Ife.

Benin should actually be proud of that association.

You sure you have a brain? You be proud of your Hamlet called ife and stop associating other greater ethnic groups to it ! Carry your sh1t !!
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by Gabriel004: 11:47am On May 25, 2023
Stoplying:

1) Witnesses to the burial of the Oba of Benin in the precolonial era have had their testimony recorded on paper in the precolonial era and it was recorded that it took place around the palace of the Oba, the executions of the wives and ministers of the Oba were even talked about. I don't want to add too much details.
2) your "orun oba ado" was built with European cement technology
3) European alphabets are written all around your "orun Oba ado"
4) the fresh painting of a Benin bronze is upon your "orun oba ado"
5) the only place outside of Benin city in which the Oba of Benin is recorded to have been buried is Calabar.

So it is clear that "orun oba ado" is a fake. It is also clear that your "orun oba ado" was created after colonisation and probably quite recently.
Ife is built with fake stories, nobody ever migrated from Ife, I believe the settlement of Ife is more recent than that of Abeokuta which was created in 1832.

Why are Yoruba always telling lies and always trying to dupe other people ?

Yoruba mostly descend from freed slaves whom the European powers dumped on our shores. Those slaves came into our shores with the ability to read and write and a formal education which the locals (our ancestors) didn't have.
So for a period of time, the yorubas (slave descendants) were the most educated and they duped the locals (at a regular basis) to survive. That dupery turned into a tradition.
Today that tradition is still alive amongst Yoruba, it gave birth to world renown 419.
But the problem today is that everybody has caught up with Yoruba in terms of education, so now we all see you for what you are: a lying 419 culture.

So you should know that telling lies is actually the biggest part of Yoruba culture. Being a good liar is very respectable in Yoruba culture, and it is even celibrated.
Why not leave the benin palace the way it is in the past, why rebranding it in these days.

Show proof of your so called witness the way I showed this one.

No bull stories.
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by Gabriel004: 11:49am On May 25, 2023
Vado2:

Ozuor Ogun gbé. Say Iséé. These are one of the custodians of the Bini history, and not some fictitious story narrated by a bunch of crackheads. If you had watched the Video without any bias you would have gotten a better understanding of the true relationship between the Benin Kingdom and the Yorubas. The Bini kingdom is older than the great Oyo empire. How’s that so??
I should use my data to watch bunch of lies. You must be sick in the head.
Re: Addressing The Misconceptions Regarding The Great Bini Empire By Yorubas by Stoplying: 12:18pm On May 29, 2023
Gabriel004:
Why not leave the benin palace the way it is in the past, why rebranding it in these days.

Show proof of your so called witness the way I showed this one.

No bull stories.
I already shared a proof in the form of a book published around 1830 and written by a French guy who visited the region.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Any Carnivals In South East Nigeria? / Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! / The Precolonial Slave Trade Of Igbo's In Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.