Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? (18942 Views)

London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son / Ogidi Youths Flog Man After He Was Filmed Flogging, Boxing, And Kicking His Mom / R-kelly Saga And The Role Of Good Parenting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by Yugoslavia247(m): 7:28am On May 16, 2023
Despite all the flogging, we are still the most corrupt nation. High rate of internet fraud, hook up.

Flogging never actually worked.

Many parents flogg and gave up. Children revolt and fight back. Children become more dangerous and beast mode is activated.

Alot of children want to stay away from home.

At the end the flogging will at a point be needless. That is when most parent use the real parenting skills of advise and pleading.

You can not flog an 18 year old. He will fight you.

I think real parenting is the ability to use the other forms of effective punishment and reward approach. Because advise is the best.

In school the most notorious are still the most flogged. Did they stop being notorious? No.

The most pampered are more willing to excel academically.

In parenting, the ability to use the carrot and stick approach effectively works to a very large extent.

Children get use to beating and it becomes ineffective.

At a point you would not be able to beat that child. What will you do?

This is Africa where we we teach morals to children and encourage corruption of adults

Spits

In Africa is where a Father teaches his children not to steal while he loots his place of work endlessly

We actually are too lazy in African schools to imbibe theories of parenting and teaching. We prefer the easier route. Using pain and fear.

If many Nigeria teachers were living abroad they will learn patience and respect for children rights.

We most certainly do not respect that in Nigeria.

Many wealthy politicians sent their children to these schools in Nigeria where no one hits their children.

These same children end up the in elite and political class. They very confident and outspoken.

Flogging is for the poor.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by Jakumo(m): 7:48am On May 16, 2023
That picture of a man beating an underage girl on her ass just makes my blood boil. I would love to face that man in hand-to-hand combat to see how well such a sick sexual pervert can handle himself against a real man versed in martial arts

26 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by gannod(m): 7:49am On May 16, 2023
Yes. Spare the rod and spoil the child.

200 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by Itohanmiwa: 7:57am On May 16, 2023
[quote author=gannod post=123162145
Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by Yugoslavia247(m): 8:42am On May 16, 2023
gannod:
Yes. Spare the rod and spoil the child.

So you think David flogged prince Solomon. Lol

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by BRIMBRAM: 8:52am On May 16, 2023
Jakumo:
That picture of a man beating an underage girl on her ass just makes my blood boil. I would love to face that man in hand-to-hand combat to see how well such a sick sexual pervert can handle himself against a real man versed in martial arts

He should have flogged her on her head instead. I agree with you. grin

138 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by Fisiryorh(m): 8:53am On May 16, 2023
Hell NO...

if pikin wan dagbo, e go still dagbo no matter how many times, ways and styles u take use flog am...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by Jakumo(m): 8:54am On May 16, 2023
BRIMBRAM:

He should have flogged her on her head instead. I agree with you.

Hopefully, you will still have this view if and when your own daughter or kid sister is clubbed on the head by a lunatic.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by BRIMBRAM: 8:55am On May 16, 2023
Different strokes for different folks. The whole anti-flogging law emanated from the abuse of such disciplinary action.

There are limits to all things.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by BRIMBRAM: 8:56am On May 16, 2023
Jakumo:

Hopefully, you will still have this view if and when your own daughter or kid sister is clubbed on the head by a lunatic.

grin okay her neck would have been better.

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by Jakumo(m): 9:03am On May 16, 2023
BRIMBRAM:

grin okay her neck would have been better.

Pease don't quit your agbero day job. Comedy is not a suitable career path for everybody.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by Geovanni412(m): 9:04am On May 16, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
Despite all the flogging, we are still the most corrupt nation. High rate of internet fraud, hook up.

Many parents flogg and gave up. Children revolt and fight back. Children become more dangerous and beast mode is activated.

At the end the flogging will at a point be needless. That is when most parent use the real parenting skills of advise and pleading.

I think real parenting is the ability to use the other forms of effective punishment and reward approach. Because advise is the best.

In school the most notorious are still the most flogged. Did they stop being notorious? No.

In parenting, the ability to use the carrot and stick approach effectively works to a very large extent.

This is Africa where we we teach morals to children and encourage corruption of adults

Spits

In Africa is where a Father teaches his children not to steal while he loots his place of work endlessly

We actually are too lazy in African schools to imbibe theories of parenting and teaching. We prefer the easier route. Using pain and fear.

If many Nigeria teachers were living abroad they will learn patience and respect for children rights.

Many wealthy politicians sent their children to these schools in Nigeria where no one hits their children.

These same children end up the in elite and political class. They very confident and outspoken.

Flogging is ineffective because you cannot flog away reality

A hungry man will do whatever that is necessary to survive

Prisoners can plan for 10 years to escape a prison

What makes people think that flogging is correction is beyond me?

The most effective form of punishment is psychological control

That's why a woman can control a man despite being half his size

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by diogo23: 9:18am On May 16, 2023
Jakumo:
Pretenders , And you have never see it before? White man wanna be

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by VinnyBaba: 9:27am On May 16, 2023
OP, good Topic.

There are some Kids that seems to have been born Gentle.
They are calm, and take Correction Quickly. smiley

But U see some Kids, they are STUBBORN, WILD, DISOBEDIENT and REBELLIOUS.๐Ÿ˜•
They get hidden Joys in Annoying their Parents and Peeps Around. ๐Ÿ˜’

Such Kids needs to be FLOGGED Mercilessly from Age 4,5yrs upwards to kill such Negative traits. sad

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by BRIMBRAM: 9:30am On May 16, 2023
Jakumo:

Pease don't quit your agbero day job. Comedy is not a suitable career path for everybody.

You sounded so funny. Are you into kick boxing? grin

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by Benjaniblinks(m): 9:32am On May 16, 2023
Jakumo:
But the underage boy flogged on the ass is okay right?

106 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by Artemis444: 9:39am On May 16, 2023
Jakumo:
In the past decades, gender doesn't matter heavily when it comes to flogging. Even girls receive strokes on their back, some gets sores around their neck. The man want students to be scared of him regardless of gender.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by Jakumo(m): 9:42am On May 16, 2023
Benjaniblinks:

But the underage boy flogged on the ass is okay right?

No sir. I agree with Barrister Raji Fashola SAN that beating ANY human being, of ANY age, is morally wrong, medically perilous, gratuitously cruel, and patently counterproductive in ALL ramifications. That conviction informed Fashola's historic BANNING of beating in schools, workplaces, and homes within Lagos State.

That landmark legislation is in my view one of the most compassionate, necessary, and long-overdue masterstrokes of visionary governance ever witnessed over the entire course of Nigeria's history as an independent African nation, bar none.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by VinnyBaba: 9:58am On May 16, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Spits

Some Rich Men still punish their Kids!

Maybe Not by Flogging but by Physical Beating and other Means.๐Ÿคจ

Truth is No Parents intend to Beat his/her Child but sometimes Children do the Unimaginable.
And You as the Parents should BEAT them seriously.๐Ÿ˜•

My Neighbour's 10 yrs old son once came from School, went to a Barbing Salon owned by YAHOO BOYS
Begged to Play PS4 and gave out N500 to buy Fuel for their Gen.
And Played till 7pm.๐Ÿ˜’ undecided

When the Mother who is a Pacifist like you Came, U need to See BEATINGS with Hands, Sticks and Wires. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ™‚

28 Likes

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by Nobody: 11:00am On May 16, 2023
The one time a teacher flogged me, he ended up getting suspended.. grin grin grin

And few years back my cousin hit me and she ended up in a police van.. grin grin grin

So I don't think flogging a child solves any problems, it just makes matters worse.. My parents never did flogged me.

One thing about me is that if you lay your hands on me or insult me in the name of instilling discipline, you'll only be bringing the worst out of me... But if you hit me with facts, I will be humbled and listen... I've always been like that.

10 Likes

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by Jakumo(m): 11:11am On May 16, 2023
Samantha124:
The one time a teacher flogged me, he ended up getting suspended.. grin grin grin

And few years back my cousin hit me and she ended up in a police van.. grin grin grin

So I don't think flogging a child solves any problems, it just makes matters worse.. My parents never did flogged me.

One thing about me is that if you lay your hands on me or insult me in the name of instilling discipline, you'll only be bringing the worst out of me... But if you hit me with facts, I will be humbled and listen... I've always been like that.

Your parents brought you up right and treated you with the respect that you in turn will reciprocate to them for as long as they live. The next generation of your family will also grow up emotionally stable, successful, more fulfilled, and humane adults in all regards due to that exemplary start given to you in life by your wise and loving parents.

Demeaning and even injuring a person of ANY age, with mindless violent aggression should be a jailable offense in Nigeria exactly as it is in the civilized nations of this planet. Former Lagos State Governor Raji Fashola recognized the importance of non-violent conduct by outlawing all such madness in Lagos State before he left office for greater heights as a minister in Abuja.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by benqo01(m): 11:26am On May 16, 2023
They re children who get flogged and still become wayward,

some get flogged and that instills descipline in them

Some never got flogged but still got discipline( my case)

Some never got flogged but still wayward

Our parents never flogged us trust me we also helped ourselves as children we are family men now with children,we saved our parent the stress cos we could differentiate what is wrong and what is right

When you have good children u hv dem just Thank God e no easy at all

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by Nobody: 11:37am On May 16, 2023
Africa and Africans still have a long way to go.

Here in SA corporal punishment is banished in schools, but some still practice it regardless of it being banished... That's why I was able to get my teacher suspended because according to the law, it's not permitted in schools.. grin grin grin
Jakumo:

Your parents brought you up right and treated you with the respect that you in turn will reciprocate to them for as long as they live. The next generation of your family will also grow up emotionally stable, successful, more fulfilled, and humane adults in all regards due to that exemplary start given to you in life by your wise and loving parents.

Demeaning and even injuring a person of ANY age, with mindless violent aggression should be a jailable offense in Nigeria exactly as it is in the civilized nations of this planet. Former Lagos State Governor Raji Fashola recognized the importance of non-violent conduct by outlawing all such madness in Lagos State before he left office for greater heights as a minister in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by Jakumo(m): 11:41am On May 16, 2023
Samantha124:
Africa and Africans still have a long way to go.

Here in SA corporal punishment is banished in schools, but some still practice it regardless of it being banished... That's why I was able to get my teacher suspended because according to the law, it's not permitted in schools.. grin grin grin

Delighted to learn that South Africa has tossed corporal punishment into the dustbin of history where it belongs, Samantha. In Nigeria, the ONLY political leader who legislatively outlawed the barbaric practice was former Lagos State Governor Raji Fashola SAN, a learned and compassionate Barrister-at-Law who remains in my estimation the greatest Nigerian statesman of all time.

4 Likes

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by efficiencie(m): 11:50am On May 16, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Spits

Flogging works signs and wonders. A child does not have a sense of actions and consequences and you must simulate consequences for bad actions instead of allowing the child bear the real consequences. The wise man said "foolishness abounds in the heart of a child and the rod of correction shall drive it far from him". Even erring women also need the "rod" of correction to set their ass straight. So spare the rod and spoil the babe.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by Jakumo(m): 11:51am On May 16, 2023
efficiencie:

Flogging works signs and wonders. A child does not have a sense of actions and consequences and you must simulate consequences for bad actions instead of allowing the child bear the real consequences. The wise man said "foolishness abounds in the heart of a child and the rod of correction shall drive it far from him". Even erring women also need the "rod" of correction to set their ass straight. So spare the rod and spoil the babe.

No chit Sherlock. Just be ready to spend time in jail when you murder a child with your mindless violence.

4 Likes

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by suxkill: 12:31pm On May 16, 2023
Omo Na flogging reset my brain. My mum will even tie us up and apply pepper or raw yam water that will scratch you so that you can't defend ones self while the beating is going on.

Thank God for her beating, maybe l for don be nuisance. Btw I'll might not apply that same method to my kids.

I personally think punishments are better.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 16, 2023
Well, most village and some township schools still practice it here regardless of it being banished, they do it low key.. grin grin... But if you know your rights as a student, then you can stand up for yourself and the law will support you.. grin grin grin

In as much as I don't support corporal punishment, some kids can be demons..๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.. They will test your level of patience in a way that it has never been tested before.. Last week I was just watching this other video of a high school girl in the US fighting her school teacher for taking her phone from her, she even dislocated the teacher's leg.

You can tell that the girl is from a damaged home.
Jakumo:

Delighted to learn that South Africa has tossed corporal punishment into the dustbin of history where it belongs, Samantha. In Nigeria, the ONLY political leader who legislatively outlawed the barbaric practice was former Lagos State Governor Raji Fashola SAN, a learned and compassionate Barrister-at-Law who remains in my estimation the greatest Nigerian statesman of all time.

3 Likes

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by Yugoslavia247(m): 2:08pm On May 16, 2023
efficiencie:

Wow.
You beat women

2 Likes

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by BackFromBalablu: 2:08pm On May 16, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Spits

OP why the third picture grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by ahnie: 2:24pm On May 16, 2023
Na ear I dey draw now.spanking them makes them very stubborn.
Re: Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? by Jakumo(m): 2:32pm On May 16, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Wow.
You beat women

If he resides in Ghana, his wife is probably bulky enough to beat him up vigorously on a regular basis, purely for sport.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? / Wedding Websites: The New Fad In Nigeria? / Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.