Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,446 members, 7,823,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? (35680 Views)

My Adulterous Wife Threw Me Out Of My Home And Moved In Her Lover-Ibadan Man / Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by ojonwamama: 2:12am On May 17, 2023
Madam you are battling with a gambler in your home, others are battling with womanizer, Alcoholic addiction, gay, fights, chain smoking, laziness, etc.

It is the reality of most marriages, and no home is void of problems.

The best way to reduce /check gambling addiction is by being very busy with work, because idleness breeds gambling addiction.
just ensure your husband gets a work even if it uber driving or any work that he will have less time to visit betting site or shops

Moreso, it is easy to lose free money on betting but very painful to lose a hard earned money on betting. help him get a work, a time consuming work

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by nokspos: 2:39am On May 17, 2023
Dearlove2me:

what happened to for better for worse. Pray for him and talk calmly to him till things change. only consider divorce if you know that you can live forever without a man. forget all those people saying you look sexy on Instagram, its not easy out there even the single ladies can't find a man
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Madups(m): 2:50am On May 17, 2023
Hahaha! You really on a long thing cos if 10 men should approach you most likely 9w will either have drinking, smoking or betting (gambling as habit).
labake1:

No
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Mindlog: 3:22am On May 17, 2023
nokspos:

what happened to for better for worse. Pray for him and talk calmly to him till things change. only consider divorce if you know that you can live forever without a man. forget all those people saying you look sexy on Instagram, its not easy out there even the single ladies can't find a man

Why should she live "forever" without a man because she divorced an addict?,🙄

3 Likes

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by humberjade: 3:25am On May 17, 2023
ojonwamama:

Moreso, it is easy to lose free money on betting but very painful to lose a hard earned money on betting. help him get a work, a time consuming work

While I agree with you to some extent, I disagree with this point, gambling addiction is no respecter of free or hard earned money, if you are addicted, you are addicted. So except one explore other avenues to curb it, this won't work, because the addict would even sort avenues to escape the hard job.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Kobojunkie: 3:29am On May 17, 2023
nokspos:
Dearlove2me, see dem! They will never subject themselves to such a miserable existence but will quickly, even without second thought consider it the best solution for women in marriage. If you look well, some of dem have developed a sick form of admiration for women who sit tight year after year praying and fasting for their dead marriages to rise from the dead. Deep down they know it won't ever happen but they cheer the foolishness on anyways because in their minds that is the lot of a woman in marriage. undecided

They hide the wickedness behind the many mentions of the name of a God whose truth they have little to know real regard for. undecided
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by henrimoto(m): 3:34am On May 17, 2023
Oloki:

Take this advice madam. It might work for you.
Everything is not about quarreling and raising voices. Even though he is a broken guy presently, but the pride that's inbuilt in a man is in him. He might feel insulted by your attitudes
Are you in support of the man's heart breaking behavior or what? So, the woman is wrong to express how hurt she feels about her husband's behavior?
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Mindlog: 3:38am On May 17, 2023
Oloki:

I know it can be tiring dealing with a hubby that's out of control, but two wrong don't make it right. People encouraging you to stay might see what you are not seeing maybe like village people at work. Like the man l quoted said, if you love him, you pray for him. Is not every time we should be looking for easy way out. There is a price to every achievement.

There is no village people at work, oyinbos who are gambling addicts, is it also their village people?

Separation is not easy way out but necessary, if the man has no self-will to go seek for help with his addiction.

1 Like

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by ojonwamama: 3:48am On May 17, 2023
humberjade:

While I agree with you to some extent, I disagree with this point, gambling addiction is no respecter of free or hard earned money, if you are addicted, you are addicted. So except one explore other avenues to curb it, this won't work, because the addict would even sort avenues to escape the hard job.

chances are that people who do not work for the money within their reach can be more careless in spending money on irrelevancies and betting, than those who work really hard for any penny they earn
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by humberjade: 4:02am On May 17, 2023
ojonwamama:

chances are that people who do not work for the money within their reach can be more careless in spending money on irrelevancies and betting, than those who work really hard for any penny they earn

Well, I know of a guy who works in constructions-roads and buildings here in Germany. This guy would work his *ss off during the week, sometimes, Saturdays too, but he spends his Saturday and Sunday evenings (high paying) in a bet house, and then returns to his hustle on Monday. He earns almost 3k euros monthly, yet, he's always broke and looks for free food around.

Not that hard work can't deter, it depends majorly on the level of addiction.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Passionate1(m): 4:13am On May 17, 2023
Most women no sabi. . Nagging is not the solution..it kills relationship. .learn to stay calm in all situations. .
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by 123huawei: 4:24am On May 17, 2023
Everything achievements has a sacrifice, continue praying from time to time, and beg for prayers from the right quarters, am sure you will get there. We also get there
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Kobojunkie: 4:30am On May 17, 2023
123huawei:
Everything achievements has a sacrifice, continue praying from time to time, and beg for prayers from the right quarters, am sure you will get there. We also get there
Dearlove2me, see dem! They will never subject themselves to such a miserable existence but will quickly, even without second thought consider it the best solution for women in marriage. If you look well, some of dem have developed a sick form of admiration for women who sit tight year after year praying and fasting for their dead marriages to rise from the dead. Deep down they know it won't ever happen but they cheer the foolishness on anyways because in their minds that is the lot of a woman in marriage. undecided

They hide the wickedness behind the many mentions of the name of a God whose truth they have little to know real regard for. undecided
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by 3phase(m): 4:51am On May 17, 2023
Addiction is very bad but being addicted to gambling is worst. I too just stop gambling this week. But I must confess it ain't easy. My wife and I do quarrel almost everyday about my addiction and the worst past is that, I only gamble when I have little change on me. If am broke, I will be humble but the moment I have money I become restless until I visit their shop to play virtual. But now both bookings and virtual have become thing of the past. May Allah save your husband. Mine was so bad that I had to see a gambling counselor but it didn't work.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Gokoyer0(m): 5:06am On May 17, 2023
Many people don't know what gambling can do. Unfortunately, all these yeyebrities that are advising these don't partake in gambling.

I have a family friend that their home has been destroyed already. The guy sold his phone, laptop, Fridge, car, generator, TV and everything you could think of at home. He even put up his bungalow for sale also. Sh.t happens, truly. One thing about the guy is that he was associating himself with one younger unfortunate fellow that they used to gamble together.

I fear anyone that doesn't fear addiction.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Honoredeblazac: 5:08am On May 17, 2023
destiny4luv:

Sorry for ur present predicament, well I was once a strong victim of gambling, my wife and I always have strong misunderstanding in that regard, but my wife on the other hand instead of arguing always she puts everything in prayers and find ways to talk to me in the most polite way. I didn't quit all of a sudden it was a gradual process. Though to be sincere I play game once in a while but not an addict anymore, just for fun. Adopt same and stop fighting him. All the best.

You are still a gambler. As long as you have not quit totally, you are still an addict and you know it. Me too am one so we know ourselves
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Zedoo(m): 5:09am On May 17, 2023
Lmao. When he was providing for you with bet money where was ya brain.
Keep fighting.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by hotsuavity(m): 5:10am On May 17, 2023
stevnwigw1:
Have you tried getting him a job?

Na the woman go find job for the useless man?
The woman better run from that frustrated man, or else na so she go pray ,complain ,cry ,get old,beg, become debtor, and useless. Madam you better run comot

1 Like

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Zedoo(m): 5:10am On May 17, 2023
Lmaooo hahahahah
3phase:
Addiction is very bad but being addicted to gambling is worst. I too just stop gambling this week. But I must confess it ain't easy. My wife and I do quarrel almost everyday about my addiction and the worst past is that, I only gamble when I have little change on me. If am broke, I will be humble but the moment I have money I become restless until I visit their shop to play virtual. But now both bookings and virtual have become thing of the past. May Allah save your husband. Mine was so bad that I had to see a gambling counselor but it didn't work.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Zedoo(m): 5:12am On May 17, 2023
Mindlog:

Why should she live "forever" without a man because she divorced an addict?,🙄

After you marry am, she’ll still go back to her addict
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by hotsuavity(m): 5:13am On May 17, 2023
TheOnlyUyai:

Yes o.

He can never be unlucky for 365 days in a year. One day, one day.

Mumu people,na always one day Una dey talk, I almost win , one game cut my ticket, even if you still win ,all the money go still go back to betting , my guy ,you are hooked,you need help grin

2 Likes

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 5:16am On May 17, 2023
Dearlove2me:
Is like I'm in a sound prof house shouting on top of my voice and no one is hearing me. It seems they don't even understand what I'm going through.

I explained everything to my family and everyone including my mother, and they keep advicing me to stand on my feet and fight for my home, so long as they's no violence. That I shouldn't divorce my husband.
We always have heated argument, raising voice at each other.

My mother inlaw on the other hand, was crying on the phone. Telling me not to mention that name (divorce) ever again.
All the family members are not in support of divorce, but the main person I'm married to seems not to care at all.

He obviously refused to stop gambling away with any money that comes to his hand.
He presently have no job and he's owning a lot.

He's addicted and he's not making effort to stop. This is the root problem in my home. Because he exhibit all the wrong behavior as a result of this addiction.
Once he have any little money, his attitude, everything changed. He becomes scary. Until he finishes everything in betting, I wouldn't be able to talk to him and he will listen.

What should I do? Where do I go that I wouldn't look like a disobedient person, dispite everyone's pleade?
I'm using all my time to cry, qurrel and grieve here. Can't find myself.
I am not financially stable to make a move without my family's support.

Leave that useless man now or everyone including your family will lower you 6ft below, since you have tried your best and no one seems to understand your plight, you too just make sure nobody understand your move again. Human are designed not to understand

1 Like

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by treatise: 5:20am On May 17, 2023
NohurryInLife:

Over 6.5 sef sure grin grin
Gbam grin

1 Like

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by 234GT(m): 5:24am On May 17, 2023
staga:

I watch football, and I don't gamble. Gambling is like drug addiction, and I lost a very close drug-addicted cousin to suicide. His death tore his family apart.

Trust me, you do not want to be married to a compulsive gambler, alcoholic or drug user. The day I witnessed a guy and his sister (easily my age mates) coming to a garden to whisk away their drunk and misbehaving father was the day I thanked God for mine who was responsible 1000000%.

I didn't say all those who watch football gamble, I said a good number. This womans husband case is not beyond Repairs.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Gunayo(m): 5:27am On May 17, 2023
Dearlove2me:
He really does annoying things. How can a grown man gamble away with all he has and return home empty expecting food to eat from his wife and little baby whom he left without anything?
My attitude has nothing to do here. What I tolerant, even you can not withstanding it.

Yesterday was the very first time I really insulted him. It was very annoying but I later regretted it though.
Did l just hear first time you insulted him? If true, you are a good wife and a responsible mother's well. May the good Lord give you peace.

1 Like

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by FireUpNow(m): 5:34am On May 17, 2023
Madam shouting and quarrelling will not solve the problem and stop casting your husband up and down. Pray to your God about it. After all he wasn't like this when you married him. Though gambling is a very bad habit.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Kobojunkie: 5:39am On May 17, 2023
FireUpNow:
Madam shouting and quarrelling will not solve the problem and stop casting your husband up and down. Pray to your God about it. After all he wasn't like this when you married him. Though gambling is a very bad habit.

1 Like

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Josh64(m): 5:45am On May 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Praying to whom exactly? Are you kidding? undecided

You see, Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition, praise, offering, work, plea, sacrifice, etc., of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of plea. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who are loved by Him. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

God deals indirectly with the unrighteous, the same way He deals with the unbelievers including the wicked and the ungrateful and that is by pouring out His mercy and kindness on them daily. So every time as an unrighteous you feel that God has answered your prayer know that at that same moment, or moments before that, God also provided the same mercy or similar to someone else across the world — or maybe just across from you— who does not even believe in God, nor asked God for anything. So, if answers from God are what you seek, then do what Jesus Christ said you should, which is to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness), and then God's righteousness, in order that all these things —the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(including answers to prayers) can be added to you. undecided

Magic has a better chance of happening to her than God hearing her prayer. She needs to get off her arse and move for the sake of her own life and future. undecided

All these epistle just to drop trash.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Kobojunkie: 5:46am On May 17, 2023
Josh64:
All these epistle just to drop trash.

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by hotsuavity(m): 5:46am On May 17, 2023
Kubin:
just they play, what about arsenal win/draw, Napoli w/d atlentico Madrid,w/d abi u no go play those once.

No mind the ozuor, Athletico Madrid lost to Elche,the lowest team in the league. betting na killer, e dey finish person. Them no dey wonder why all the betting company dey do advert ,dey beg, dey give promo code, because dem know say once you dey addicted, dem go sucked you dry
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by jackpot(f): 5:47am On May 17, 2023
Dearlove2me:
He really does annoying things. How can a grown man gamble away with all he has and return home empty expecting food to eat from his wife and little baby whom he left without anything?
My attitude has nothing to do here. What I tolerant, even you can not withstanding it.

Yesterday was the very first time I really insulted him. It was very annoying but I later regretted it though.
madam insulter, clap for yourself. Wives that insult their husbands are the most foolish beings.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by zedegit: 5:52am On May 17, 2023
Dearlove2me:
Is like I'm in a sound prof house shouting on top of my voice and no one is hearing me. It seems they don't even understand what I'm going through.

I explained everything to my family and everyone including my mother, and they keep advicing me to stand on my feet and fight for my home, so long as they's no violence. That I shouldn't divorce my husband.
We always have heated argument, raising voice at each other.

My mother inlaw on the other hand, was crying on the phone. Telling me not to mention that name (divorce) ever again.
All the family members are not in support of divorce, but the main person I'm married to seems not to care at all.

He obviously refused to stop gambling away with any money that comes to his hand.
He presently have no job and he's owning a lot.

He's addicted and he's not making effort to stop. This is the root problem in my home. Because he exhibit all the wrong behavior as a result of this addiction.
Once he have any little money, his attitude, everything changed. He becomes scary. Until he finishes everything in betting, I wouldn't be able to talk to him and he will listen.

What should I do? Where do I go that I wouldn't look like a disobedient person, dispite everyone's pleade?
I'm using all my time to cry, qurrel and grieve here. Can't find myself.
I am not financially stable to make a move without my family's support.

I believe he's not meeting up with his role as a provider that's the main cause of the quarrel and not really the gambling addiction.

Well I understand you. It's a tricky situation. You need to introduce him to a business or help him get a job but deliverance is needed before that. I do gamble myself but it's not this bad hence I am aware of my responsibilities to my family.

As a matter of fact I am on the way to quitting gambling entirely since there's no road there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? / Banker Who "Sliced" Husband’s joystick & Husband Reconcile[photos] / Nigerian Couple Celebrate 60th Wedding Anniversary (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.