Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? (35613 Views)

My Adulterous Wife Threw Me Out Of My Home And Moved In Her Lover-Ibadan Man / Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Bakrabas: 7:54am On May 17, 2023
Samantha124:
Let me leave this thread for married folks..šŸš¶šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸš¶šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸš¶šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

You're blending with Nigerian style of comments Samantha124
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by gentlesmithugo(m): 8:03am On May 17, 2023
Officialetila:
keep capping broke boy if not for cut 1 yesterday you know how many people for win millions,i and my 6 friends wouldā€™ve won 200m each yesterday ( better go to Twitter and follow mistafelix dude game will change your life
keep deceiving yourself.if not for cutting one.keep playing
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by LaRosa01: 8:12am On May 17, 2023
I am listening, you are the definately the problem. you can only treathen a weak man with divorce,if it was me,the day it came out of your mouth,you would have been out of my house.as for my sisters or daughters those black mail work for weak Men.would you wish a woman like yourself for your own son? we all know the answer to that.
please do and divorce so that Young man can progress before you distroy him ,please note even if you too remain together,your action would hurt you in the future. men never forget does who humilate them when they are down,so prepare to reap what you have planted when he starts progressing.

Dearlove2me:
If you don't want to hear the word divorce, then you behave well for both genders. And to correct your ideology, I am not the problem. Unless if you're not a just person. Can you rephrase this to your sister or your daughter in marriage?

2 Likes

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Vado(m): 8:13am On May 17, 2023
duality:
Almost everyone says gambling is bad. Yet the bet shops are full of people

Have you seen how haggard & unkempt looking many people in a bet shop are? Visit a Bet9ja shop in ur neighborhood one day & run a check.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by rafcrown(m): 8:17am On May 17, 2023
When a woman is tired of a man , excuses will follow.
He is jobless now and he has no money and the woman wants to move on to where better dey.
Excuse he is a gambler.
In case he wins big you would claim 80 percent of his total wealth.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by ahnie: 8:18am On May 17, 2023
Dearlove2me:
And who told you i am not doing anything? Did I ask you for free money? Don't be too quick to jump into conclusion on someone you have not walk in their shoes.
Duchess of nairaland,sorry ma'am.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Godwin4444: 8:24am On May 17, 2023
ChizzyBuna:
Tell him to play Ac Milan vs Inter over 2.5
And thank me later..
na 1- 0 them play ooo
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by BeigJawnson(m): 8:28am On May 17, 2023
Dearlove2me:
Is like I'm in a sound prof house shouting on top of my voice and no one is hearing me. It seems they don't even understand what I'm going through.

I explained everything to my family and everyone including my mother, and they keep advicing me to stand on my feet and fight for my home, so long as they's no violence. That I shouldn't divorce my husband.
We always have heated argument, raising voice at each other.

My mother inlaw on the other hand, was crying on the phone. Telling me not to mention that name (divorce) ever again.
All the family members are not in support of divorce, but the main person I'm married to seems not to care at all.

He obviously refused to stop gambling away with any money that comes to his hand.
He presently have no job and he's owning a lot.

He's addicted and he's not making effort to stop. This is the root problem in my home. Because he exhibit all the wrong behavior as a result of this addiction.
Once he have any little money, his attitude, everything changed. He becomes scary. Until he finishes everything in betting, I wouldn't be able to talk to him and he will listen.

What should I do? Where do I go that I wouldn't look like a disobedient person, dispite everyone's pleade?
I'm using all my time to cry, qurrel and grieve here. Can't find myself.
I am not financially stable to make a move without my family's support.

There is nothing God can't do and there is nobody God can't change. Please engage yourself with night prayers for him. I fmdint know if you are a Christian. If you are a Christian. .. at least wake up by 12am. That is when morning starts, before any other activities of the day. Cry to God on his behalf. Even if it is one hour vigil. Anytime you go to Church, pray for him. And inform your pastor too, so he can help you with him in prayers. Also in your prayers don't blame God for giving you as a husband ... Thank God for giving you as husband... And always thank him for all He has done in your life.. you can quote me and give me his full name so I can help in prayers in my quite time.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by ahnie: 8:39am On May 17, 2023
Godwin4444:
na 1- 0 them play ooo

You sef na punter,not surprised!
Advice the lady what to do with your buddy in the punt industry,seems she's frustrated with him.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Oju4190: 8:42am On May 17, 2023
Dearlove2me:
I have prayed about it, I have calmly talked to him. I have cried severally on his shoulder and he promised to stop, I have shouted, done everything, but he's not willing to let go.
If u have done everything then let him be.....chill.....later he eye go clear....just keep praying 4 him because prayer nor dey too much.....No need to b quarrelling u have tried ur best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Godwin4444: 8:46am On May 17, 2023
ahnie:

You sef na punter,not surprised!
Advice the lady what to do with your buddy in the punt industry,seems she's frustrated with him.
donā€™t b ridiculous

I watch ball like tomorrow no dey n I once have a bet shop after my service but despite that me I no dey bet ooo cos d story no dey end well

I had to stop d business cos it ruins life a lot, no matter wetin dem chop for there they must bring it back d following day

D thing is d guy should get a job n pick up another addiction like playing video games

2 Likes

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by ahnie: 8:52am On May 17, 2023
Godwin4444:
donā€™t b ridiculous

I watch ball like tomorrow no dey n I once have a bet shop after my service but despite that me I no dey bet ooo cos d story no dey end well

I had to stop d business cos it ruins life a lot, no matter wetin dem chop for there they must bring it back d following day

You still get small sense for that your conehead like raw egg.

D thing is d guy should get a job n pick up another addiction like playing video games
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by KingofHearts(m): 9:02am On May 17, 2023
Dearlove2me:
He really does annoying things. How can a grown man gamble away with all he has and return home empty expecting food to eat from his wife and little baby whom he left without anything?
My attitude has nothing to do here. What I tolerant, even you can not withstanding it.

Yesterday was the very first time I really insulted him. It was very annoying but I later regretted it though.

[b]It appears that you donā€™t want to listen! You may have put efforts and no result yet that is well understood!! You see that divorce you mentioned thatā€™s what is on your mind and the only thing stopping you is that you donā€™t have enough money to do it yet.

You are letting your emotions get the best of you as well as allowing the devil sit permanently in your home. Within a short time everything beyond your imagination will be destroyed completely.
Everyone on Nairaland will leave you and focus on another matter or their own struggles. This is the exact plan of the devil for you and your child. Itā€™s in your hands whether you want to act the script or not.

Marriage is not beans, those oath you swore has now come before you, now you are tired and want to abandon ship. It can be tiring and draining I know, it can be overwhelming and give that sinking feel. The truth is , our problems in reality are not as big as our mind and brain present it to usā€¦this is what results in hopelessness!!

Your present approach is not working and will end your marriage. Talk calmly and peacefully, take it to God in prayer,find something better to do to give you money and donā€™t you ever ever give him money(thatā€™s the fuel for the addiction)be there for your child as itā€™s both your responsibility,he needs you more now than ever to win this battle. There is battle everywhere even in the places you may jump to(May be worse sef)

God Will strengthen and bless you, he will give you the wisdom,knowledge and understanding to win this battle,joy and happiness will return to you again,your husband will come to his senses again and he will even compensate you beyond your imagination. Stay strong and reach out directly for help.
[/b]
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Berankis: 9:02am On May 17, 2023
Skyfornia:
If you have done enough and he doesn't want to change..join him. They said if you can't beat them, then join them.

Locate his popular betting spot and meet him there, as he is staking games, stake your own too. Two of you will join hand and go home empty after loosing..he won't expect you to prepare food at home since both of you went to work gamble at the betting shop..

You will sleep with empty stomachs, but make sure your baby dey chop.

Na the man go use him hand begin advice you say make una stop.

No be only him sabi madd
Werey leleyi o grin
Gambling is big issue... For a fact that you see yourself winning big and having a breakthrough for once will always make you return to gambling, it is worse when you are not financially strong and you see it as a way out. It will bring you down and all the people around will also go down with you. Only a very few get lucky, most people lose!
May God help all Naija stakers and gamblers.
May God help me too!
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by KingofHearts(m): 9:07am On May 17, 2023
Berankis:

Werey leleyi o grin
Gambling is big issue... For a fact that you see yourself winning big and having a breakthrough for once will always make you return to gambling, it is worse when you are not financially strong and you see it as a way out. It will bring you down and all the people around will also go down with you. Only a very few get lucky, most people lose!
May God help all Naija stakers and gamblers.
May God help me too!

Itā€™s is now an epidemic!!! The numbers are crazy!! 2 owners of these site have bought with 3years 2nd division football clubs in Europe (100% ownership). Itā€™s the same too in other African countries!! Gambling is a fun sport for the super rich and done for the fun of it. Gambling is not for breakthrough, the exceptions are not the norms!! The board man always wins!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by bukatyne(f): 9:08am On May 17, 2023
Emmanuel909090:
All this half backed ladies in our generation, is the reason of failed homes.

Not the chronic gambler, it is the wife who is his victim that is the cause of the failed home.

Onyeoma.

1 Like

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by just2endowed: 9:22am On May 17, 2023
Omo what do guys gain in gambling?

The odds are not always in your favour when you gamble...
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by mukthar2000(m): 9:28am On May 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Praying to whom exactly? Are you kidding? undecided

You see, Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition, praise, offering, work, plea, sacrifice, etc., of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of plea. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who are loved by Him. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all thingsā€” the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers includedā€”shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

God deals indirectly with the unrighteous, the same way He deals with the unbelievers including the wicked and the ungrateful and that is by pouring out His mercy and kindness on them daily. So every time as an unrighteous you feel that God has answered your prayer know that at that same moment, or moments before that, God also provided the same mercy or similar to someone else across the world ā€” or maybe just across from youā€” who does not even believe in God, nor asked God for anything. So, if answers from God are what you seek, then do what Jesus Christ said you should, which is to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness), and then God's righteousness, in order that all these things ā€”the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(including answers to prayers) can be added to you. undecided

Magic has a better chance of happening to her than God hearing her prayer. She needs to get off her arse and move for the sake of her own life and future. undecided
And u think you are doing that woman favour with all this ur discouragements articles, can't u just stop judging and stop talking As if u are a God that create the guy and stop discourage that good wife if u can't console her with what she was passing through right.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Fireson: 9:56am On May 17, 2023
Pray for him and be polite . God is in control !

YOU NEED A SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER ? Call or WhatsApp 07018421413

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by dealslip(f): 10:02am On May 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Praying to whom exactly? Are you kidding? undecided

You see, Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition, praise, offering, work, plea, sacrifice, etc., of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of plea. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who are loved by Him. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all thingsā€” the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers includedā€”shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

God deals indirectly with the unrighteous, the same way He deals with the unbelievers including the wicked and the ungrateful and that is by pouring out His mercy and kindness on them daily. So every time as an unrighteous you feel that God has answered your prayer know that at that same moment, or moments before that, God also provided the same mercy or similar to someone else across the world ā€” or maybe just across from youā€” who does not even believe in God, nor asked God for anything. So, if answers from God are what you seek, then do what Jesus Christ said you should, which is to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness), and then God's righteousness, in order that all these things ā€”the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(including answers to prayers) can be added to you. undecided

Magic has a better chance of happening to her than God hearing her prayer. She needs to get off her arse and move for the sake of her own life and future. undecided

Avoid this person's advice like COVID 19. He/She is a sad, angry, bitter, resentful and God hating soul.

On the other hand; gambling, when it gets to the stage of addiction is not easily broken!!! At the moment he is not different from a cocaine addict. Everything you tell him falls on deaf ears. He has been animated by the spirit of gambling(destruction). Only the power of the Holy Spirit can break the stronghold of darkness over his life. You are not confronting your husband, you are confronting a wicked spirit operating through him. The weapon you have against it is not a physical one but a mighty one through God, specifically designed for the pulling down of strongholds and everything that exalts itself above the knowledge of God. Trust me, fighting him is futile. For the sake of the love you have for him and your baby - fast and pray for him - using the appropriate weapons of warfare. Sometimes a knife might be appropriate and other times only a hammer can work. If you want me to share the scriptures to use, you can indicate to me when you respond to my comment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by MechanicMike: 10:05am On May 17, 2023
bukatyne:

Not the chronic gambler, it is the wife who is his victim that is the cause of the failed home.

Onyeoma.

Gimmmmme Yor nomba I beg.i hav moiney smiley
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Nobody: 10:13am On May 17, 2023
LaRosa01:
I am listening, you are the definately the problem. you can only treathen a weak man with divorce,if it was me,the day it came out of your mouth,you would have been out of my house.as for my sisters or daughters those black mail work for weak Men.would you wish a woman like yourself for your own son? we all know the answer to that.
please do and divorce so that Young man can progress before you distroy him ,please note even if you too remain together,your action would hurt you in the future. men never forget does who humilate them when they are down,so prepare to reap what you have planted when he starts progressing.

Oga, you can't be living a low life, behaving like a toddler and expect yourself to excersis authority over your home. They're many ingredients that makes a real man a man. Is not by ranting online.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Nobody: 10:16am On May 17, 2023
rafcrown:
When a woman is tired of a man , excuses will follow.
He is jobless now and he has no money and the woman wants to move on to where better dey.
Excuse he is a gambler.
In case he wins big you would claim 80 percent of his total wealth.
I want to believe you're not using your right mind to communicate here.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Diddycsbsb: 10:16am On May 17, 2023
Divorce him now or leave the house for him now.. Then go and look for a better job to help train your child,. That man will never change , he will draw your destiny back. Run for your dear life. Gamblers are the most useless people on earth. They always dream when dey won games but in reality they are loosers. My dear in fact divorce him and focus on your life you can do it alone. Udo
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Nobody: 10:18am On May 17, 2023
Oju4190:
If u have done everything then let him be.....chill.....later he eye go clear....just keep praying 4 him because prayer nor dey too much.....No need to b quarrelling u have tried ur best
Thank you
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by victorazy(m): 10:28am On May 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Dearlove2me, see dem! They will never subject themselves to such a miserable existence but will quickly, even without second thought consider it the best solution for women in marriage. If you look well, some of dem have developed a sick form of admiration for women who sit tight year after year praying and fasting for their dead marriages to rise from the dead. Deep down they know it won't ever happen but they cheer the foolishness on anyways because in their minds that is the lot of a woman in marriage. undecided

They hide the wickedness behind the many mentions of the name of a God whose truth they have little to know real regard for. If you ask them, they won't hesitate to cast God as a liar by claiming He answers all of their prayers when in truth, they can't even tell which direction God breaths. undecided

You say?

Repeat plz, I yam not understanding grin
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Timidangote(m): 10:51am On May 17, 2023
ChizzyBuna:
Tell him to play Ac Milan vs Inter over 2.5
And thank me later..
Game don cut
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Quebec91(m): 11:16am On May 17, 2023
Gbam šŸ¤œšŸ¤›
Oloki:

Take this advice madam. It might work for you.
Everything is not about quarreling and raising voices. Even though he is a broken guy presently, but the pride that's inbuilt in a man is in him. He might feel insulted by your attitudes
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Emmanuel909090: 11:30am On May 17, 2023
bukatyne:

Onyeoma.

I'm not praising the man either, if divorce is the first thing that come to your mind in any little problem, you are not supposed to marry, just stay single, there are other remedies.

Why not show him more love and convince him not to anytime you sense he has the urge to..

Women are keepers.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by bukatyne(f): 11:38am On May 17, 2023
Emmanuel909090:

I'm not praising the man either, if divorce is the first thing that come to your mind in any little problem, you are not supposed to marry, just stay single, there are other remedies.

Why not show him more love and convince him not to anytime you sense he has the urge to..

Women are keepers.

1. Chronic gambling is not a 'little' problem.

2. The OP has reported the issue to her in-laws and family without resolution. So divorce was not her first line of action

3. Women are keepers; men provide what the women keep. So what is the OP's husband providing?

While I am not saying the OP should divorce her husband (I have not given my opinion on this thread), it is gross misrepresentation to infer that the wife is the problem or the one that doesn't want to 'keep' the marriage.

You cannot solve a problem if you canā€™t even get the problem statement right.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Tzar(m): 11:46am On May 17, 2023
There is nothing wrong with the woman praying for her man and/or marriage to become better. Marriage in most cases benefits the woman more than the man. Therefore a lot is required from her to stay married. Men on the other hand have less consequences to contend with if they choose to be unmarried.
The truth is that the woman makes the home. It seems unfair to carry such heavy responsibilties with unequal authority in marriage, however it is what it is.
As long as a woman wants to be in a marriage there is a lot she needs to do, give up and intensify on.
The good news for feminists is that staying unmarried is gradually becoming fashionble, therefore women can now remain single if the demands of marriage is too much for them to handle.
Although staying unmarried is antithetical to the needs of a woman who mostly have a deep seated premordial and inate psychological need to be loved, pampered and protected by a male to feel happy.

Kobojunkie:
Dearlove2me, see dem! They will never subject themselves to such a miserable existence but will quickly, even without second thought consider it the best solution for women in marriage. If you look well, some of dem have developed a sick form of admiration for women who sit tight year after year praying and fasting for their dead marriages to rise from the dead. Deep down they know it won't ever happen but they cheer the foolishness on anyways because in their minds that is the lot of a woman in marriage. undecided

They hide the wickedness behind the many mentions of the name of a God whose truth they have little to know real regard for. undecided
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Aklee4994(m): 11:54am On May 17, 2023
labake1:
God knows I hate men who gamble, smoke and drinks
but love those ones that cheat and fraud to bankroll your extravagant lifestyle...Dey play something must kill a MAN šŸ‘Ø why on earth man will not do one ā˜ļø of those your mention

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Gives Birth On Her Wedding Day / What's The Weirdest Thing A Guest Has Done In Your House? / 3-year-old Boy Shows Swag In Adorable Birthday Photo Shoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.