Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,176 members, 7,835,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest (44931 Views)

Portable Buys Lexus Car For His Producer After His Arrest Over Car Debt (Video) / Seun Kuti Says He Is Responsible For David Hundeyin's Troubles At Oxford Uni / David Hundeyin Blasts Burna Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by nlfpmod: 9:40pm On May 17, 2023
A Nigerian investigative journalist and activist, David Hundeyin, has mocked Seun Kuti, the embattled singer and the youngest son of afrobeat pioneer Fela Kuti, over his arrest by the Nigeria Police for allegedly physically assaulting a policeman as captured in a viral video.

SaharaReporters had reported that the afrobeat musician was captured in a viral video, allegedly assaulting a policeman on duty, but Seun said that he slapped the police officer because he attempted to kill him and his family members.

Reacting to Seun’s ordeal with the police, David Hundeyin mocked the singer for not supporting the candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi, for president in the 2023 presidential elections.

According to Hundeyin, Seun opposed Obi who, according to him, would bring real change to Nigeria and the police force. He wrote on his Twitter handle, “Oh, OK, so Seun Kuti is some kind of martyr now. “But please answer this - why did he vehemently oppose the only plausible electoral option that could result in REAL systemic police change? “Or his big genius solution instead of political change was to go about slapping police?”

Denying that he and Seun were not on the same page as regards activism and advocacy for a better Nigeria, Hundeyin said, “This is why I do not take Aluta people serious. Behind the noise and signaling, it is only hot air that occupies their big empty heads. Bla bla bla fight the power, bla bla bla aluta continua, but your "fight" only boils down to mindless violence against poor people.

“They're really trying to rebrand this igbó-huffing slowpoke with a terminal case of verbal diarrhea as Martin Luther King Jnr.

“Someone that I swear the version of me that existed in JSS2 in 2003 was smarter than he is now.”

“Not every loudmouth is a freedom fighter please.

“We are NOT on the same side. I highlight problems and propose actual solutions.

Seun Kuti is a daft, mindless nihilist who opposes for the sake of opposition. It's not an intellectual position but a lifestyle choice for him - an aesthetic. A psychological fashion accessory.

“Because instead of doing the politically obvious and morally right thing by making the most popular candidate your flagbearer, you acted like the spoiled imbeciles you are and showed a middle finger to Nigeria
,” he added.

On Tuesday, Hundeyin posted a mugshot of Seun in handcuffs and mocked him for failing to prevent the police from seizing his wife's phone.

He tweeted, "Turn-by-Turn Nigeria Limited.

"At least even as I be "small pikin" I was still able to protect my woman. Police did not seize her phone. My children will never see a police mugshot of me in handcuffs on the internet.

"You wey be old papa, na you mosquito dey chop inside Kirikiri.

"Proud to be "small pikin."✌🏿

Reacting to a picture of Seun in handcuffs, he wrote, "Be like Boko haram suspect when dem catch with suicide belt."

The investigative journalist also seems to have a grouse with Seun Kuti over the musician's position on his Oxford University controversy.

In March, Seun claimed responsibility for the reported termination of Hundeyin's contract with the UK university.

Hundeyin’s contract was reportedly terminated from the university for behaviour considered to be potentially misogynistic and controversial.

Cherwell, a weekly student publication produced majorly by Oxford University students, reported that Onyeka Nwelue, a Nigerian author, and David Hundeyin were sent out of the university after organising a “fraudulent” book premiere for Hundeyin’s book on the school's property.

It was alleged that Hundeyin and Nwelue exploited the university community by asking for the payment of £20 for admission to African Studies Centre activities, said to be typically free.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/05/17/journalist-david-hundeyin-mocks-seun-kuti-says-he-opposed-peter-obi-who-could-bring-real

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by dawnomike(m): 9:46pm On May 17, 2023
Vawulence pro max

230 Likes 14 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by iCauseTrouble: 9:49pm On May 17, 2023
Make I no chook mouth. Na individual beef

24 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by CrimeKsmart: 9:49pm On May 17, 2023
This is a typical IPOB mentality. Once their antagonists are faced with one or two problems, they are quick to say it's because he didn't choose their side. Regardless of your political affiliation, everyone should condemn what Seun did and not because he did not support a particular candidate during election.

What did Obi himself change during his tenure as a governor in small Anambra in terms of security or police brutality? He changed absolutely nothing rather he aided police brutality which resulted in severe torture and Killing of young guys in the state.

438 Likes 49 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by MrBanner(m): 9:49pm On May 17, 2023
Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by dfrost: 9:49pm On May 17, 2023
🤦🥴

David and bad mouth... which one be Turn-By-Turn Nigeria Limited 😱

Seun really brought this upon himself. Man, control thy anger... it has led many to their early graves.

195 Likes 12 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by salbis(m): 9:49pm On May 17, 2023
David 1 vs Seun 0

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by Aldebaran(m): 9:50pm On May 17, 2023
Hmm
Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by Racoon(m): 9:50pm On May 17, 2023
“They're really trying to rebrand this igbó-huffing slowpoke with a terminal case of verbal diarrhea as Martin Luther King Jnr. This one dey pepper body.

113 Likes 6 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by alcuin(m): 9:50pm On May 17, 2023
Talk about kicking a man when he's down.

Very classless. Distasteful.

123 Likes 16 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by cankerworm: 9:51pm On May 17, 2023
smiley
Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by GeneralPula: 9:51pm On May 17, 2023
Mtchew..

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by Monaco2(m): 9:51pm On May 17, 2023
Make God no let us fall o…pipo go just Dey wait for ur downfall so dem go get Wetin to talk about u

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by LibertyRep: 9:51pm On May 17, 2023
Plurality of choice is the beauty of democracy.

Let everyone support their candidates in peace, and live with the consequences of doing so.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by Dittodat: 9:51pm On May 17, 2023
Another brainless zombi diotic attention seeking MOFO.
Police reform under Obi? Lol
The same man under whom people were killed and dumped inside a river in Anambra. Dumbest idiot.

88 Likes 15 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by FoolaniHellman: 9:51pm On May 17, 2023
Bitterness every where grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by ChizzyBuna(m): 9:51pm On May 17, 2023
Turn-by-Turn Nigeria Limited. grin grin grin grin

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by orikoku: 9:51pm On May 17, 2023
This one loud ooo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by odenkirk: 9:52pm On May 17, 2023

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by Wealthoptulent(m): 9:52pm On May 17, 2023
I lost respect for Ben Hundeyin.... oh na David , that impersonator. While Obidients n Po supporters dey get ID theft and impersonation?

His Followers made me became Partisan Die Minute to support a portfolio with competence! No politician is a SAINT!

Don't take one side Story as Gospel Truth!
Make u no go assume like picture below.. is jus illustration of Obidient on Tinubu’s case.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by theophorus(m): 9:52pm On May 17, 2023
David dey shout Police Brutality/EndSar etc... But him Happy say Seun enter NPF gbege and dem go burst him house and family.

Make David no worry, when hand begin touch am, he go learn not to dey Rejoice if him fellow man enter gbege.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by Highways: 9:52pm On May 17, 2023
Just as Seun faced the consequences, Ekweremadus will also face them....
if you continue to endorse the wrongdoing committed by INEC, do not expect my sympathy when karma eventually catches up with you. Instead, I will find amusement in your predicament, much like David did when he laughed at Seun. The situation in Nigeria is grim, with lives being lost due to certain individuals prioritizing religion and tribalism over the pursuit of good governance. Remember, when karma finally strikes, I will derive amusement from witnessing your fate unfold. It is ironic how swiftly Seun experienced the consequences of his actions.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by Blazebond(m): 9:53pm On May 17, 2023
Una with una OBI go enter gutter, idiotic fellows,na ur turn next and that supporter of APC called rufai for ARISE news.

9 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by Opoki(m): 9:53pm On May 17, 2023
Toor

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by michlins(m): 9:53pm On May 17, 2023
I see why Twitter people like this man. He feeds them maximum violence and you know that space is filled with violence loving people.

Finishing and beating someone when he's lowest no pass like this

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by jaymaf(m): 9:54pm On May 17, 2023
FINISH HIM!!!

3 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by sulaak(m): 9:54pm On May 17, 2023
I don't like David Hundeyin; he is very rude and uncouth. Why should Seun support Peter Obi, the former VP candidate for Atiku? This is why Nigeria is a mess and never learns from the past Tinubu is a crook, but PO is not the solution to Nigeria. There is no evidence that PO has got what it takes.

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by obembet(f): 9:54pm On May 17, 2023
Ode

6 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by maasoap(m): 9:54pm On May 17, 2023
More like wailing and ranting to me

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by On25: 9:54pm On May 17, 2023
No need for that

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin Mocks Seun Kuti Over His Arrest by 12inchess: 9:55pm On May 17, 2023
This David Hundeyin is reta.rde.d. So because he didn't support your P.O he is now a bad person. If what he did us bad to you the condemn it. But to connect it to your support for P.O is just quite du.mb I must say. Anyway what does one expect from a guy that cooks ups story in the name of investigative journalism. He and Kemi Olunloyo are in the same Whatsapp group.

42 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mr Eazi, Shatta Wale, Yemi Alade, Tiwa Savage Featured On ‘the Lion King / Reno Omokri Blasts Northerners Attacking Davido For Silence On Borno Killings / Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.