Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:47 AM

Reps To Consult AGF Over Controversy On Appointment Of New Auditor-General - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps To Consult AGF Over Controversy On Appointment Of New Auditor-General (5690 Views)

CJN Ariwoola Appoints Younger Brother, Adebayo, As new auditor for NJC / Twitter Ban: Rowdy Session As Rep Members Walk Out Of Plenary Over Controversy / Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps To Consult AGF Over Controversy On Appointment Of New Auditor-General by seunmsg(m): 7:20am On May 19, 2023
The House of Representatives Committee on Public Accounts (PAC) has taken a decisive step by resolving to interface with the Minister of Justice and the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, regarding the lingering controversy surrounding the seniority of top officials on the Director Cadre vying for the vacant position of the Auditor General of the Federation.

Chairing the Committee, Hon. Busayo Oluwole Oke (PDP-Osun), made the announcement following a submission made by Mr Okonkwo Udoh, representing the Head of Service of the Federation, Mrs Folasade Esan, on the matter at hand.

Previously, the Committee had summoned the Head of Service to shed light on the issue of seniority among the Directors, as well as the conflicting official memos issued by the Federal Civil Service Commission within a mere 24-hour period, causing further disruption to the selection process.

In response to the development, Hon. Okie stated that the selection process would be put on hold temporarily to facilitate consultations on the contentious issues, including an interface with the Attorney General of the Federation to seek legal interpretation.

Highlighting the gravity of the situation, Hon. Okie remarked, “There’s no provision for the office of the Auditor General of the Federation to be run by a Director. It is illegal. The Director currently occupying that office cannot fulfil the constitutional roles of the Auditor General of the Federation.”

He continued, “We have a backlog of audited accounts of the Federation for the years 2020, 2021, and 2022, which are yet to be laid before the National Assembly due to the absence of a substantive Auditor General of the Federation to sign them.”

The Committee intends to thoroughly review the submissions presented and seek guidance from the Attorney General of the Federation before reaching a final decision that satisfies all parties involved.

Expressing their concerns, the aggrieved Directors urged the Committee to thoroughly investigate the issue based on the existing civil service rules and regulations, specifically citing rules 01, 02, and 03, while also alleging manipulation of the selection processes from undisclosed sources.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/reps-committee-to-consult-agf-over-controversy-on-appointment-of-new-auditor-general/

Re: Reps To Consult AGF Over Controversy On Appointment Of New Auditor-General by seunmsg(m): 7:39am On May 19, 2023
Good that the process has been stopped. The Tinubu administration will clear the mess as soon as he’s sworn in. Never again should the office be run by an illegal and unconstitutional DAO.

10 Likes

Re: Reps To Consult AGF Over Controversy On Appointment Of New Auditor-General by HildaBaci(f): 8:19am On May 19, 2023
Everything in this country just isn't straight forward. I remember when I wanted to renew my International passport before I headed for California last year, the amount of stress I went through was not ordinary. I had to settle the agent 500k to process it faster

1 Like

Re: Reps To Consult AGF Over Controversy On Appointment Of New Auditor-General by saintkel(m): 8:20am On May 19, 2023
Hmmm...dis country matter don tire me
Re: Reps To Consult AGF Over Controversy On Appointment Of New Auditor-General by Oscarchims: 8:21am On May 19, 2023
End of tenure hoodwink
Re: Reps To Consult AGF Over Controversy On Appointment Of New Auditor-General by Alexandersantos(m): 8:21am On May 19, 2023
rubbish
Re: Reps To Consult AGF Over Controversy On Appointment Of New Auditor-General by slivertongue: 8:22am On May 19, 2023
Nepotism & abuse of due process defines this administration

1 Like

Re: Reps To Consult AGF Over Controversy On Appointment Of New Auditor-General by 9jatriot(m): 8:22am On May 19, 2023
This guy and meffy going to jail will be one of the best events of 2023

2 Likes

Re: Reps To Consult AGF Over Controversy On Appointment Of New Auditor-General by DannyTrove: 8:23am On May 19, 2023
Everything for Naija na upside UP.

Nothing seems to work, its heart wrench in honestly to say the least.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps To Consult AGF Over Controversy On Appointment Of New Auditor-General by bigdammyj: 8:23am On May 19, 2023
Noted.
Re: Reps To Consult AGF Over Controversy On Appointment Of New Auditor-General by gloryman91: 8:24am On May 19, 2023
Useless AGF dummy and stupid NASS just two days to end your tenures in offices.

Get out now.

2 Likes

Re: Reps To Consult AGF Over Controversy On Appointment Of New Auditor-General by Indelibleage: 8:25am On May 19, 2023
Jesus is still accepting applications to be saved from sin. If you're there, wanting to apply, do so and hurry up. Accept you're a sinner, believe He died for you and ask Him to wash your sins away with the blood He shed on the Cross for you.

2 Likes

Re: Reps To Consult AGF Over Controversy On Appointment Of New Auditor-General by Hambivert: 8:27am On May 19, 2023

1 Like

Re: Reps To Consult AGF Over Controversy On Appointment Of New Auditor-General by JTwelve: 8:28am On May 19, 2023
Re: Reps To Consult AGF Over Controversy On Appointment Of New Auditor-General by Kobicove(m): 8:35am On May 19, 2023
There is a lot of red tape in government processes in Nigeria angry
Re: Reps To Consult AGF Over Controversy On Appointment Of New Auditor-General by Sunshine34(m): 8:36am On May 19, 2023
This idiots have no good intentions for the country.
Only to come chop and go.
Re: Reps To Consult AGF Over Controversy On Appointment Of New Auditor-General by shortgun(m): 8:38am On May 19, 2023
HildaBaci:
Everything in this country just isn't straight forward. I remember when I wanted to renew my International passport before I headed for California last year, the amount of stress I went through was not ordinary. I had to settle the agent 500k to process it faster
They fed on your ignorance, blame yourself. This is usually what happens when people complain of corruption in the country.

I did my passport myself, no agent got a kobo from me, I didn't bribe any official.

2 Likes

Re: Reps To Consult AGF Over Controversy On Appointment Of New Auditor-General by allthingsgood: 8:40am On May 19, 2023
seunmsg:
Good that the process has been stopped. The Tinubu administration will clear the mess as soon as he’s sworn in. Never again should the office be run by an illegal and unconstitutional DAO.

Read your constitution
Re: Reps To Consult AGF Over Controversy On Appointment Of New Auditor-General by allthingsgood: 8:41am On May 19, 2023
HildaBaci:
Did you know that the oldest University in world was founded in 1088 and is 935 years old? Or that the oldest invention in the world is the_____ This video shows you the oldest of different things, Very educative.
See video below. You'll be shocked to find out which country is the oldest grin
https://youtu.be/TMxPB46OZ0sgci

Please show us some love and support by SUBSCRIBING to the channel if you love our Kind of content smiley

You are violating the rules ma

2 Likes

Re: Reps To Consult AGF Over Controversy On Appointment Of New Auditor-General by Nicenixon: 8:47am On May 19, 2023
Wonders shall never end abi no be Nigeria again, e sure me say dem go still shock us with another news again.
Re: Reps To Consult AGF Over Controversy On Appointment Of New Auditor-General by seunmsg(m): 9:02am On May 19, 2023
allthingsgood:

Read your constitution

What’s in the constitution, please.

1 Like

Re: Reps To Consult AGF Over Controversy On Appointment Of New Auditor-General by tobenuel(m): 9:17am On May 19, 2023
Naija is a stale country, nothing makes one happy
Re: Reps To Consult AGF Over Controversy On Appointment Of New Auditor-General by Ojimmu95: 9:54am On May 19, 2023
HildaBaci:
500k for international passport??
Haunti take it easy oo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Saraki The God Father Of Kwara State Politics Secrete Agenda Exposed / Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia / Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.