Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,826 members, 7,851,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:26 AM

I Like To Think That There Are 2 Types Of Class Reps - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Like To Think That There Are 2 Types Of Class Reps (787 Views)

Some Men Need To Think / Science Says There Are 2 Types Of Passion (and Only One Is Good For Your Sex Lif / Mothers Are 2 Be Blamed For D High Rate At Which Girls Get Unwanted Pregnancies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Like To Think That There Are 2 Types Of Class Reps by RTID: 10:39am On May 19, 2023
I like to think that there are 2 types of class reps.

A: the ones that do the normal things: talk to lecturers, talk to the class, collect bills, and do all that stuff.

B: the ones that go the extra mile.

Most females fall under number 1, and it’s all well and good, but the truth is that, in Nigerian universities, you need Classreps that can go the extra mile.

Some time ago, I had issues with a course and I didn’t know what to do, so I called my class rep and complained.

This guy left everything he was doing and took me to every office in this school to get it sorted.

While we were together, I saw how every other person was calling him, the same exact way I called him, and he promised all of them that he would help them find solutions.

One time, a friend of mine thought she had registered her courses, and on the day of exam, she found out that she hadn’t.

My class rep left his own exam and went to plead with the lecturers to let her write, with the promise that they’d sort it out.

After the exam, he took her to every office he could, he even went to the Vc’s office with her and true to his words, it was solved.

This morning alone, I have called my classrep 5 times, and anytime I call, he answers, yesterday, I called him severally as well, and he always answers.

Not a lot of women are going to do that, it’s not misogyny, it’s just what it is.

I cannot imagine what a girl would do if I call her 5 times in a few minutes to sort something out.

I also feel that a man would have more confidence to negotiate with lecturers, both make and female, at least, more than the average woman.

Many of these lecturers are old fashioned, and they’d rather talk to a boy about some kinds of stuff.

The women might do the standard stuff and be good at it, but in Nigerian universities, you don’t need just the standard.

2: if there is something to be Negotiated by a male classrep, most times it would end in contributing money.

After hearing about many sex for grade issues, I’m worried about what will happen if a female goes to ask for extra favour.

3: A lot of women become snubs or become rude when they are faced with high pressure, or have to relate with everybody, and I feel that since the classrep position is one that involves relating with people, both the class, and lecturers on a personal level, it’s best left for a person who can tolerate it.

I’d prefer a woman even becomes Sug President, but that classrep part, let it be.

Also, you may not understand if you’ve been lucky so far.

But trust me, when you have a missing script, or a missing CA, and you need help.

You will know the difference between a male and female classrep.

1 Like

Re: I Like To Think That There Are 2 Types Of Class Reps by marlow1962(m): 11:48am On May 19, 2023
My class coordinator was a bitch, always flying yellow bandana, he chickened out the day they checked him.
Re: I Like To Think That There Are 2 Types Of Class Reps by danvon(m): 12:14pm On May 19, 2023
There's the third type which is far more common

The ambitious type: These ones are not interested in being course rep, course rep is only a ladder to gain more appointments in future, they don't give a damn about their coursemates (unless it's election time) and would do their job to the minimal necessity.
Re: I Like To Think That There Are 2 Types Of Class Reps by Allisgud: 1:06pm On May 19, 2023
RTID:
I like to think that there are 2 types of class reps.

A: the ones that do the normal things: talk to lecturers, talk to the class, collect bills, and do all that stuff.

B: the ones that go the extra mile.

Most females fall under number 1, and it’s all well and good, but the truth is that, in Nigerian universities, you need Classreps that can go the extra mile.

Some time ago, I had issues with a course and I didn’t know what to do, so I called my class rep and complained.

This guy left everything he was doing and took me to every office in this school to get it sorted.

While we were together, I saw how every other person was calling him, the same exact way I called him, and he promised all of them that he would help them find solutions.

One time, a friend of mine thought she had registered her courses, and on the day of exam, she found out that she hadn’t.

My class rep left his own exam and went to plead with the lecturers to let her write, with the promise that they’d sort it out.

After the exam, he took her to every office he could, he even went to the Vc’s office with her and true to his words, it was solved.

This morning alone, I have called my classrep 5 times, and anytime I call, he answers, yesterday, I called him severally as well, and he always answers.

Not a lot of women are going to do that, it’s not misogyny, it’s just what it is.

I cannot imagine what a girl would do if I call her 5 times in a few minutes to sort something out.

I also feel that a man would have more confidence to negotiate with lecturers, both make and female, at least, more than the average woman.

Many of these lecturers are old fashioned, and they’d rather talk to a boy about some kinds of stuff.

The women might do the standard stuff and be good at it, but in Nigerian universities, you don’t need just the standard.

2: if there is something to be Negotiated by a male classrep, most times it would end in contributing money.

After hearing about many sex for grade issues, I’m worried about what will happen if a female goes to ask for extra favour.

3: A lot of women become snubs or become rude when they are faced with high pressure, or have to relate with everybody, and I feel that since the classrep position is one that involves relating with people, both the class, and lecturers on a personal level, it’s best left for a person who can tolerate it.

I’d prefer a woman even becomes Sug President, but that classrep part, let it be.

Also, you may not understand if you’ve been lucky so far.

But trust me, when you have a missing script, or a missing CA, and you need help.

You will know the difference between a male and female classrep.
person go leave wetin carry am come school,dey do another thing,I rejected it when I was given the opportunity as a first student in my section,
Re: I Like To Think That There Are 2 Types Of Class Reps by Deepocean(m): 10:04pm On May 22, 2023
Allisgud:
person go leave wetin carry am come school,dey do another thing,I rejected it when I was given the opportunity as a first student in my section,

You had a golden opportunity for heroism on a platter of gold, but you trashed it with your own hands. What a waste.

Have you become a professor now?

You can't contest any political post for me vote for you simply because you are called to be a citizen grin. I love voting for the brave. I hate man being a coward.
Re: I Like To Think That There Are 2 Types Of Class Reps by Allisgud: 7:26am On May 23, 2023
Deepocean:

You had a golden opportunity for heroism on a platter of gold, but you trashed it with your own hands. What a waste.

Have you become a professor now?

You can't contest any political post for me vote for you simply because you are called to be a citizen grin. I love voting for the brave. I hate man being a coward.
anyway u where not in the shoe so u wount know where it hurts,shebi Dem pay ur school fees give u monthly feeding money,buy u provisions,I will work Monday to Friday go to school Saturday Sunday on small salary thinking on how to feed and pay school fees,if only u know the stress,u dey there dey cap
Re: I Like To Think That There Are 2 Types Of Class Reps by Nemesis0147(m): 9:35am On May 23, 2023
marlow1962:
My class coordinator was a bitch, always flying yellow bandana, he chickened out the day they checked him.
😂😂😂
That was my course rep that year for esut….very dull boy
He later withdrew in our 300level….everybody come dy course rep himself😂😂
Re: I Like To Think That There Are 2 Types Of Class Reps by lilfresh96(m): 3:41pm On May 23, 2023
My class rep was a hard working one that go exramile untill when he added our HOD in the class WhatsApp platform for 2 consecutive semester without our knowledge, so many accusations followed and later the truth comes out. All the class hated him for life until our graduation

(1) (Reply)

Please Where Can I Find Brothels Around Yaba, Sabo Or Bariga In Lagos State? / Do White People Pay Dowry / Why Do Guys See Nothing Wrong Seeing Their Partners With Male Besties?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.