Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (459948 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by EzekielBams(m): 9:22pm On Jan 28
Thank you so much for the response. They have actually set up a profile for me. But the starting date is way too far for me. So just emailing them is alright?

Advision:

I don't think it is an issue. I have done it before and many people don do my employer same.

I think what is worse is not telling them at all or telling them a day to resumption, when they have setup your profile and gone through other hassles

If the employer is keen on having you, they will ask what the offer you received is and try to match it

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by oluwaleokey: 10:36pm On Jan 28
wallg123:

You’ve got 3 options excluding selling your car.
1: pay for one of the private parking spaces in your residence.
2: look for private car park around where you live
3: Apply for parking permit through your local council

Thank u so much
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by oluwaleokey: 10:48pm On Jan 28
Lexusgs430:

- First and foremost, get the right terminal, LHR got 5 terminals..........
- Don't rush into the car park, look for the Macdonalds on Bath Rd, park on the side street, stay inside your vehicle, or you might get another ticket.........
- Track flight on Heathrow arrivals website, don't go into terminal until 60 minutes after the flight touches down (or tell your friend to inform you when he/she is headed out through customs.......
- Or pay £5, and pick your friend up at the departure lounge drop off point........

https://www.heathrow.com/arrivals

Oga Boss many thanks for the tip off
Appreciate
Do you think this same routine is applicable when taking him to the same airport for departure? He would stay for less than two weeks and would take to the airport
Thanks for the tip boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:32am On Jan 29
oluwaleokey:

Oga Boss many thanks for the tip off
Appreciate
Do you think this same routine is applicable when taking him to the same airport for departure? He would stay for less than two weeks and would take to the airport
Thanks for the tip boss

I would answer, based on what I think you're trying to ask ........

If you're dropping off at the terminal only, and not entering the car park..... You would still pay a £5 drop off fee (it's ANPR controlled), so don't forget to pay on-line.....

Don't park your car outside the terminal and walk into the airport (your vehicle would be towed away)......😂

If your vehicle is towed away, expect a release fee of almost £300.00...........😭🤣😜

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 5:15am On Jan 29
EzekielBams:
Thank you so much for the response. They have actually set up a profile for me. But the starting date is way too far for me. So just emailing them is alright?

Yes. There's nothing special there - people do it all the time. If their circumstances change and they can't onboard you again they'll also tell you by email.

I've done it before when I got a more senior (and much better paying role) after having signed the offer letter, done ID check, met the team virtually was just waiting to resume. I didn't enjoy it but a man must do what a man must do, and it's a business thing after all...

The only risk is if you want to apply to them again in the future and they're still angry at you but there's nothing else. Since you didn't work with them, they won't ever be asked for a reference or even reflect in anything concerning you. The profile they've set up is internal, and they'll simply delete it along with other records relating to you.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by segunzolawalez: 9:33am On Jan 29
Good morning house.
I am currently on graduate visa (PSW) for about 9 months now and I'm about to switch to care visa. A friend told me once I make the switch, unused IHS will be processed automatically and refunded back to me. How true is this?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by adekzy: 9:37am On Jan 29
Please how can I setup an ISA. I have some £5k sitting idle in my Lloyds and Halifax savings account. Also which High Yield Savings account can you recommend.

Thank you.

jedisco:

Why not put that same 2k monthly in an ISA (cash or stocks) and get interest or growth on it which is interest free? If you're worried about dipping in, a fixed term cash ISA would help.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Advision: 10:16am On Jan 29
EzekielBams:

Just let them know it is not happening anymore and thank them for the opportunity to be considered for such a competitive role in the company.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:20am On Jan 29
adekzy:
Please how can I setup an ISA. I have some £5k sitting idle in my Lloyds and Halifax savings account. Also which High Yield Savings account can you recommend.

Thank you.

Open a trading 212 account...... Then select ISA.......(we both receive a slice of fractional share)....…..

https://www.trading212.com/invite/11S0uSxTBi

OR

Buy treasury bills ...........

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by joe10: 10:50am On Jan 29
Bourne007:
1. As a (student) dependent and according to the guidelines, yes you can switch in-country to a skilled work visa. The (student) main applicant however cannot switch to a dependent visa until course is completed.

Thank you for your input. Please, do you know any student-dependant who switched and got visa approval?

[/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Bourne007(m): 11:25am On Jan 29
I'm afraid I do not and honestly you don't have to. I always follow the guidance which clearly states you can and not hearsay.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/skilled-worker-visa-caseworker-guidance

joe10:

Thank you for your input. Please, do you know any student-dependant who switched and got visa approval?

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 1:35pm On Jan 29
To God be the glory.

I’ve got a job in the civil service. I can’t disclose the details because of the nature of the role and the job.

“Why are you sharing if you can’t tell us where it is”

Make you for use your head go jam wall

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OmichaelO: 2:17pm On Jan 29
directonpc:

They didn't allow me to board till I got a yellow fever vaccine card.

If anyone plans to book Egypt air from Nigeria, make sure you have that card.

Also during our stop in Cairo, we waited for about 4 hours before were taken to the hotel paid for by the airline. Some Egypt air staff even told us no accommodation for us till we started opening eyes for them.
Thank you for this bro
I appreciate.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goddys(m): 2:22pm On Jan 29
gmacnoms:
To God be the glory.

I’ve got a job in the civil service. I can’t disclose the details because of the nature of the role and the job.

Does it come with visa sponsorship?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 2:48pm On Jan 29
gmacnoms:
To God be the glory.

Why are you like this 😂

Now I don use head jam wall 😟
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 3:15pm On Jan 29
£ 1 : 1,800 Naira

What a country....

If you voted Tinubu, ................................................

Make i no just type

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 3:17pm On Jan 29
gmacnoms:
To God be the glory.

Well done!!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by SamAfrik(m): 4:11pm On Jan 29
Has anyone replaced a lost BRP in UK. Please how much is the total cost (card + recapturing). Trying to help a friend.
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by adekzy: 4:33pm On Jan 29
Please help with th IPTV installation make we watch the Quarter finals

Datakey:

All thanks to you, I no dey miss any match again..

😆
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 5:15pm On Jan 29
hello guys, please i want to know if those jobs listed on nhs website which the employers arent nhs directly, i want to know if those companies are also exempt the the post-april immigration rule just as nhs is also exempted since the jobs are listed on nhs website.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 6:08pm On Jan 29
Viruses:

Why are you like this 😂

Now I don use head jam wall 😟
The last time I shared how I got job and all possible hints. A few persons were fighting me to name where I work.

So, I had to answer in advance
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 6:09pm On Jan 29
Goddys:

Does it come with visa sponsorship?
I be citizen
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rowon(m): 6:43pm On Jan 29
In that case ,considering the new policy starting in March , if one gets COS before the policy starts while already on PSW visa, can I just switch alone while I wait till the almost end of PSW to switch my family.
joe10:

You can claim only IHS fee if you work in a healthcare sector for the equivalent year/months of ihs paid.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by acosfd: 7:03pm On Jan 29
ReesheesuKnack:

Epa… how many Nairaland akkant U get sef?

Domo sir........ One na my own, the other one na madam own
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by acosfd: 7:25pm On Jan 29
Abeg my ppl, how do i reschedule a missed visa appointment. Do I need to cancel it before re applying as there is no option to reschedule on the website?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by joe10: 7:51pm On Jan 29
Bourne007:
I'm afraid I do not and honestly you don't have to. I always follow the guidance which clearly states you can and not hearsay.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/skilled-worker-visa-caseworker-guidance

This is helpful, thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ayodelemi2300: 8:01pm On Jan 29
This question is for people wey sabi car wella. Please is the Hyundai i30 automatic a good car?? I want to buy an automatic car and Hyundai dey enter my eyes. Please I need advice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tolzeal(m): 9:31pm On Jan 29
Ayodelemi2300:
This question is for people wey sabi car wella. Please is the Hyundai i30 automatic a good car?? I want to buy an automatic car and Hyundai dey enter my eyes. Please I need advice.

Hyundai i30 is a great choice . Wife to a friend of my is using you and always talk about good things about the car. Depending on your location insurance could be quite affordable too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 10:00pm On Jan 29
adekzy:

Thank you.

https://www.vanguardinvestor.co.uk/

I ve got the stocks and shares ISA on here. I have index funds exclusively. US and Europe up 17% this month. Stay away from the UK FTSE.
Goodluck

NB: the value of your shares can go up or down. You may get less than you put in.
Also I haven't been paid to advertise this

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 10:04pm On Jan 29
SamAfrik:
Has anyone replaced a lost BRP in UK. Please how much is the total cost (card + recapturing). Trying to help a friend.
Thanks

Remember that letter it came with? Where is it? You don't need a recapture but you do need the details on the letter for the reissue.

Edit: Kindly disregard the above. You DO need a recapture if you lose your brp
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 11:25pm On Jan 29
missjekyll:

https://www.vanguardinvestor.co.uk/

I ve got the stocks and shares ISA on here. I have index funds exclusively. US and Europe up 17% this month. Stay away from the UK FTSE.
Goodluck

NB: the value of your shares can go up or down. You may get less than you put in.
Also I haven't been paid to advertise this

i love your stylish disclaimer, before he come hold u for shirt in future
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dustydee: 11:58pm On Jan 29
profemebee:
£ 1 : 1,800 Naira

What a country....

If you voted Tinubu, ................................................

Make i no just type

I have been seeing similar comments. Please what magic do we expect anyone in power to do to salvage the situation? I believe the path he has chosen is the best out of the hard choices available. Things may be hard now but in my opinion, we will come out better.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (531) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: nihilistjnr, sammydoe, Borrow222, heroshark(m), dotconsult(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.