Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (484) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (459782 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 9:06pm On Mar 14
Lexusgs430:

I have never said such..... Everyone got their race to run ...... I won't occupy your space, likewise you would never occupy mine........šŸ˜œšŸ˜

Don't forget, everyone is telling their stories/frustrations......šŸ”„šŸ¤”šŸ˜‚
baba, you have said it. You showed the type of person you are when I created my thread and started commenting here.

I have on several occasions, responded to you without sugar coating anything. Something, many of your worshippers shy away from.

The internet is there for everyone to learn every single thing they need in this uk. Remember I told you ā€œ I no fit bow down for cow because I wan chop suyaā€

Remember I told you ā€œ youā€™d wait Taya to hear my any bad news and I sail differently and shine brightly?ā€

You no get single rating for my side.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 9:08pm On Mar 14
LaXxOnebody:
Guy before you point fingers, review your self.

Some of your comments can be termed as something else.

Dem no mention you, take what you can, ignore what you can't and march on.

It'd be great if you dropped the intolerance.

'...shut it..' Shutter Island ni.

they like poopoo for there
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:14pm On Mar 14
wonlasewonimi:

Yeah I know. I don't want you to limit yourself that's why I didn't call it devsecops. It's a glorified appsec. However, the more technical part is the SRE/ observability and monitoring. There's one guy I know that paid for a course called practical devsecops. I just read books.

Please o, if you can help me get the name of the course tutor, I really don't like reading books as I feel its a bit 'slow'

.. But why do they want cloud sec guys to be doing app testing, dast etc when QA guys are there angry
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 9:18pm On Mar 14
ehizario2012:
At least three (3) people here have now shared their very thoughts on Lexusgs430's conducts and I am glad one is a naturalized British citizen (person wey see road well.)

I first came across this Lexusgs430 moniker on a Car thread years ago, had some respect for him but he's a totally different entity in this UK living thread. It's as though he wants to continually bully people and show off his citizenship... While many might keep quiet, jump and pass, I am not like that. I'll say it to his face, that's how I was made. Lexusgs430 moniker deserved to be seen for who he is.

He's also the one who called rent money dead money, almost pushing some people to see themselves as failures because they paying rent. I'm glad he shot himself in the foot and confessed he enjoyed student loans, public funds etc in his early days... Much like a grown cock preventing cockerels from growing. I like the response somebody gave on this thread last year saying something like "nobody can stop new immigrants from entering UK, the oldies should get used to it."

I am not tracking lexusgs430 or have any personal interest in him, but just as he has a right to say whatever, I have a right to challenge whatever. I'm not even asking him to stop, but he should be seen for who he is. He claims he helped people out of depression?? Is that not funny?? It's not only Lexus, the other ones who act as though they sat down with home office to draft the immigration policies too know themselves.

This thread is meant to encourage people, not discourage people and push them to depression! Come off it.
Person wey Dey form agba knower, senior stayer and longest living Nigerian in the uk. Neighbour dash am two bicycle, e no fit dash one here. And he comes to flaunt million credit cards and infinite credit score, quick to ā€œI don almost pay my mortgageā€ like say e concern my grand papa.

Baba, you no get rating.

Apart from advise (which is even available and open on the net), nothing else you get to offer anybody here.

Everyone who comes here, in due time, would get everything thatā€™s obtainable.

@lexusgs430 try dey chill

Na visitor everybody be.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 9:20pm On Mar 14
dupyshoo:
How did you come to the conclusion that his usual comment regarding "rent money as dead money" is pushing some people to see themselves as failures? Evidence on the property forum says otherwise.

Na toddler suppose Dey reason that statement.

Like I said then, come in, pay your rents , enjoy what you pay for. When time is right, youā€™d effortlessly get your mortgage.

ā€œRent money is dead moneyā€

Make dem kukuma go sleep for under bridge na.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 9:21pm On Mar 14
Zahra29:

Where is Justwise ohhhhhh....the class is getting too rowdy šŸ˜­
As usual, heā€™ll come cleanup everything. Same way he deleted my quotes and his responses severally, because I say things at face value.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 9:25pm On Mar 14
wonlasewonimi:
The rent is dead money stance is meant to encourage people to channel their efforts into getting a mortgage as you can build up equity whilst paying back the loan. Damn! so many snowflakes these days.
So, you mean a Nigerian would come here, have the ability get mortgage, then continue paying rent?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 9:26pm On Mar 14
Dappy25:
I understand that Lexusgs430 finds humour in everything and some people might not like that understandable. But there is no evidence to accuse him this way. Iā€™ve been following this thread since 2022 and he has been providing lots of advice and information, things more experienced UK people wonā€™t even bother with.

His advice with getting life insurance is one I took and Iā€™m happy I did because Iā€™m almost in a bleak medical situation now.
make just wise undelete all his comments on my threads and my quotes.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 9:26pm On Mar 14
hustla:

Please o, if you can help me get the name of the course tutor, I really don't like reading books as I feel its a bit 'slow'

.. But why do they want cloud sec guys to be doing app testing, dast etc when QA guys are there angry

I will look for it.

It's not just just app testing. It includes security architecture reviews, vuln management, threat modeling and code scanning to ensure secrets and backdoors are not left by developers. Ci/cd pipelines and workfows follows the security best practices, security requirements and maintains security hygiene. The QA team ensure code quality and functional requirements of the application. The roles are quite different but devsecops brings everybody together to avoid working in silos and enforce faster release cycles.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 9:29pm On Mar 14
descarado:

That is.
Lexusgs430 of all people.
That's what happen when you don't pay your tithe.

The best financial decisions I've made here was from what that guy said. Out of experiences,he dropped statements and anytime I am online, I will pick them. That is part of street smartness. We get the education free here and yet we are complaining. That's the education you will never get in school.
Na you wey lazy normally. So, you travel from one continent to another just to get info from Lexus of how to go about life Abi? If thatā€™s the case, then you need growing up. Information is littered all over the internet for anything you need to know. Na Una just Dey rate 1 star

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 9:29pm On Mar 14
gmacnoms:
So, you mean a Nigerian would come here, have the ability get mortgage, then continue paying rent?

I don't really know what you're on about. Not long ago, a lady said she got a mortgage on this thread. Are you saying it's impossible for a Nigerian immigrant to get a mortgage?
Dude.. Hatred will get you nowhere.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 9:32pm On Mar 14
Zahra29:

Hear hear

Completely agree with this and similar comments by others.

I remember when I joined the thread and Lexus was exposed as the secret angel who had helped some people on the forum.
He regularly answers questions and proffers advice. Maybe it's the feeling that his advice comes from a place of comfort that irks some? Though they forget that he's gone through his own struggles in the past.

I documented my journey on Nairaland. Baba and e asslicker flood my thread claiming ā€œowners and guiders of the ukā€

Thatā€™s when I even discovered himself and his ā€œ**sl*cks.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 9:33pm On Mar 14
wonlasewonimi:

I don't really know what you're on about. Not long ago, a lady said she got a mortgage on this thread. Are you saying it's impossible for a Nigerian immigrant to get a mortgage?
Dude.. Hatred will get you nowhere.
I believe say you do comprehension for secondary school sha.

Go back and read my comment slowly again.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by 080bjaked(m): 9:38pm On Mar 14
Lol. Some people really intend to make a career from this bad belle sha grin

Justwise coman cleanup this thread abeg

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:38pm On Mar 14
wonlasewonimi:

I will look for it.

It's not just just app testing. It includes security architecture reviews, vuln management, threat modeling and code scanning to ensure secrets and backdoors are not left by developers. Ci/cd pipelines and workfows follows the security best practices, security requirements and maintains security hygiene. The QA team ensure code quality and functional requirements of the application. The roles are quite different but devsecops brings everybody together to avoid working in silos and enforce faster release cycles.

Wheww.

Seeing CI/CD anywhere just gives me hbp for some reason. 2024 is the year to kill that fear cos I dont want to be a 'mokalik'

Defender for Cloud with ADO should be enough for some of these stuff, I believe.
I was thinking to start with Github, ADO and then go from there.

If the scanning bit is done using automated tools, why then do they make it out to be some sort of big deal?

One of my friends who's a Cloud Sec Engr at Lloyds said its not that difficult but it just looks scary to me all the same lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 9:40pm On Mar 14
Zahra29:

Where is Justwise ohhhhhh....the class is getting too rowdy šŸ˜­

lol, remain small before you get dragged aswel,

by the way, while some of your past comments didn't quite sit right with me (as you know truth is bitter to hear), but they were always interesting to read because they offered a different perspective. But when I reflect on them objectively, they often turn out to be spot on. Your recent comments are particularly fascinating, especially on immigration matters; they're straightforward and mostly accurate.

Oh, and interestingly enough, my first baby shares the same name as yours

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 9:40pm On Mar 14
Someone came in recently and got a 60k+ job. Then next thing, profiling don start.

Ignoring the fact that, thatā€™s an outlier.

How many people also get ā€œ16 years of professional experience?ā€

Even the one wey don Dey here since the days of mmetuselah no even see that kind money, not to talk of someone who just came in.

Finally, whatever stage you are in the relocation phase, enjoy every moment, grow through it and keep seeking for better welfare for yourself as much as you want.

And Mr. Knowknow, try Dey rest. Everybody go enjoy the benefits of this land in due time. If anyone needs info and tries to get it here, pass it and chill.

Na people wey no wan check other sources get your time. The internet is littered with every info

Ire o o

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by 080bjaked(m): 9:42pm On Mar 14
Bros you killed AWS and Azure Sec, CICD and YAML would be meat for you jare grin
If I may suggest AZ400. Trust me you'd find it helpful.
hustla:

Wheww.

Seeing CI/CD anywhere just gives me hbp for some reason. 2024 is the year to kill that fear cos I dont want to be a 'mokalik'

Defender for Cloud with ADO should be enough for some of these stuff, I believe.
I was thinking to start with Github, ADO and then go from there.

If the scanning bit is done using automated tools, why then do they make it out to be some sort of big deal?

One of my friends who's a Cloud Sec Engr at Lloyds said its not that difficult but it just looks scary to me all the same lipsrsealed
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 9:44pm On Mar 14
gmacnoms:
I believe say you do comprehension for secondary school sha.

Go back and read my comment slowly again.

Dude, gtfoh

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 9:45pm On Mar 14
wonlasewonimi:

Dude, gtfoh
Obviously, comprehension hard you. Youā€™d be ashamed at your comment, if you actually go back and read. You could as well ask someone beside you to help you with comprehending what I wrote

Akpamu. Dey dere Dey lick old man bum bum

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 9:51pm On Mar 14
topellycategory:
I will not dig any past post for you,deep inside you know very well , you can't come around to manipulate things.

Why you continue your usual act is because you can get away with it on this forum.

@lexusgs430

One of the ones wey dem forget to cleanup

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 9:51pm On Mar 14
gmacnoms:
Na toddler suppose Dey reason that statement.

Like I said then, come in, pay your rents , enjoy what you pay for. When time is right, youā€™d effortlessly get your mortgage.

ā€œRent money is dead moneyā€

Make dem kukuma go sleep for under bridge na.
Bro, I see Lexusgs430 as a guy who doesn't carry the whole world on his chest, probably why he douses tensions with his jokes. Sometimes, the jokes are dry sef undecided cool. But to be candid we need people like him in our virtual spaces just like we all have people like that around us that would make us laugh while crying. So relax, sir.

His opinions are most times not entirely bad. Rent money is a dead money is what I used to convince my madam about getting a mortgage here. We calculated the rent paid in our 3 years here and we found out we were paying someone's mortgage. While I agree with you this may be difficult for new comers however it should be some sort of motivation for them.

Oga Lexus, thanks for all you do here. Please show more empathy when people share their issues. Let there be empathy In-between the jokes, sir. Same thing with aunty Zahra29 Suella grin grin

It's horrible typing on palasa phone. Dash me your phone oga Lexus

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 9:52pm On Mar 14
gmacnoms:
@lexusgs430

One of the ones wey dem forget to cleanup
ā€uk never humble me and will never.

Yes, challenges come, it itā€™s been a roller coaster.

I sure say you see the last update wey I share Abi?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 9:53pm On Mar 14
babajeje123:

Bro, I see Lexusgs430 as a guy who doesn't carry the whole world on his chest, probably why he douses tensions with his jokes. Sometimes, the jokes are dry sef undecided cool. But to be candid we need people like him in our virtual spaces just like we all have people like that around us that would make us laugh while crying. So relax, sir.

His opinions are most times not entirely bad. Rent money is a dead money is what I used to convince my madam about getting a mortgage here. We calculated the rent paid in our 3 years here and we found out we were paying someone's mortgage. While I agree with you this may be difficult for new comers however it should be some sort of motivation for them.

Oga Lexus, thanks for all you do here. Please show more empathy when people share their issues. Let there be empathy In-between the jokes, sir. Same thing with aunty Zahra29 Suella grin grin

It's horrible typing on palasa phone. Dash me your phone oga Lexus
motivation for them to run faster than Dey can?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 9:54pm On Mar 14
gmacnoms:
Obviously, comprehension hard you. Youā€™d be ashamed at your comment, if you actually go back and read. You could as well ask someone beside you to help you with comprehending what I wrote

Akpamu. Dey dere Dey lick old man bum bum

I have just scanned through your old posts: I now understand your problems and frustration. God will deliver you.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 9:55pm On Mar 14
hustla:

lol, this is me learning so many things when I have not gotten, I keep learning so many things at a time because in my mind I believe I donā€™t know anything, when I secured my first job couldnā€™t get to use most of stuffs Iā€™ve learnt, in my current job, was able to use all extensively to the extent I automated almost all my workload now helping other colleagues with their task.

Hopefully one very nice job will come your way soon, then you will realised that you know a lot of stuffs that you will even think you are being under-utilised. Would just say you look for one or two solid project to work on and be able to discuss about it when interview comes your way. Because to me youā€™ve learnt a lot of stuffs.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 9:59pm On Mar 14
gmacnoms:
motivation for them to run faster than Dey can?
Sir, read between the lines. Motivation for them as they are settling down in the UK. Why are you angry? Chill brother.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:04pm On Mar 14
080bjaked:
Bros you killed AWS and Azure Sec, CICD and YAML would be meat for you jare grin
If I may suggest AZ400. Trust me you'd find it helpful.

Should have done 400 in 2021 but the only Udemy video i saw was one Indian guy and I didn't like his accent.

It's on my 2024 todo list seeing as they have found a way to join body DevOps into cloud sec.

Person wey wan chop egg inside rock no dey mind stress... Or thick Indian accent

grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 10:06pm On Mar 14
hustla:

Baba you Dey miss niyen oh if you no Dey read.

Read one book recently (storytelling with data by Cole nussbaumer), since then Iā€™ve always been seeing error in peopleā€™s analysis and chart lol)

Currently reading fundamentals of Data engineering still in chapter 2 (gained lots more than combinations of some courses I took in the past).

Likewise when I read pl300 (power bi) on Microsoft as compelled to do so by workplace else no access to power bi ( learnt so many things I donā€™t know even with my proficiency in it)
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:07pm On Mar 14
Schoolhike:

lol, this is me learning so many things when I have not gotten, I keep learning so many things at a time because in my mind I believe I donā€™t know anything, when I secured my first job couldnā€™t get to use most of stuffs Iā€™ve learnt, in my current job, was able to use all extensively to the extent I automated almost all my workload now helping other colleagues with their task.

Hopefully one very nice job will come your way soon, then you will realised that you know a lot of stuffs that you will even think you are being under-utilised. Would just say you look for one or two solid project to work on and be able to discuss about it when interview comes your way. Because to me youā€™ve learnt a lot of stuffs.

You have spoken my mind like you live there grin

Microsoft's Applied skills for devops security looks like a good one to do for projects on CV.

Lots to do, while looking for Ā£3K to pay Sunak.

We will get there someday cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:09pm On Mar 14
Schoolhike:

Baba you Dey miss niyen oh if you no Dey read.

Read one book recently (storytelling with data by Cole nussbaumer), since then Iā€™ve always been seeing error in peopleā€™s analysis and chart lol)

Currently reading fundamentals of Data engineering still in chapter 2 (gained lots more than combinations of some courses I took in the past).

Likewise when I read pl300 (power bi) on Microsoft as compelled to do so by workplace else no access to power bi ( learnt so many things I donā€™t know even with my proficiency in it)

Don't get me wrong, I dey read oo.. But I'd prefer videos with hands on tutorials for the same topic.

It just looks more realistic and gives that human, hands on experience I like without too much story

Cant escape reading if I want to pass those "Cxxx exams"
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by 080bjaked(m): 10:11pm On Mar 14
hustla:

Should have done 400 in 2021 but the only Udemy video i saw was one Indian guy and I didn't like his accent.

It's on my 2024 todo list seeing as they have found a way to join body DevOps into cloud sec.

Person wey wan chop egg inside rock no dey mind stress... Or thick Indian accent

grin

My suggestion: Close eye do PluralSight subscription for a couple of months. Quality of PS courses >> Udemy

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (531) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Abuja1914

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.