Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,878 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (459594 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chinlov: 2:20pm On Mar 14
i think he is saying why all the negative dialogue over students who in reality make economic contribution and less negative dialogue about people who wish to force Sharia on us all

Congratulations Hustla distinction is no mean feat!

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 2:32pm On Mar 14
Samguine:

Bot - https://visabot.eu/uk

When applying, you'll fill out a form, called Videx. On that form, they'll ask which country you are entering first, which other countries you intend to visit, and the number of entries you want (single, twice, multiple). As I was applying for the first time, I selected Germany only, tourist, 3 days, single visit to increase my chances of getting it. However, just because you pick multiple does not mean you'll get it. How many entries you get is solely at the discretion of the embassy.

And if you are applying for a visa to travel to multiple countries in the Schengen area, it is advisable to apply at the embassy of the country you are entering first or you are spending the longest time.

When you get the visa, you can travel to as many Schengen countries as you want within the validity of that visa.

hello friend, i understand when applying for the shengen one has to show your itinerary, but i wanna know, let's say hotel for example, can i just book the hotel or the hotel has to be paid for, before the visa officer take one serious.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 4:57pm On Mar 14
Infact words fail me....... If I was on stage, I might be shedding some tears now .......😂😂😂😂😂

If I start to mention all the posts of support, those that formed a quorum to drag me like tiger generator, would see another reason to drag me on that ..........😁😜

This thread is meant to encourage, support, connect and guide people...... But in a marketplace, all sorts of noise would be heard....... 😀

Nobody is an island of wisdom, which is the reason this thread continues to grow, people see value + receive adequate guidance + banter (FREE)........😁

USA thread is also available, but the level of engagement is not as high........ Ever wondered why.....😂

My draggers, this is not the first time, and would not be the last time, I get dragged........ (My tiger generator got enough fuel + a very thick skin to accommodate you all)......😀

Thank you all ..... 🔥👍

43 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Poanan: 5:13pm On Mar 14
Regex:
Biko, Seniors in the house. I have got a question. If one is working in care on sponsorship for 2yrs and got a job in another sector on the job shortage list. Will the person start afresh to count towards 5yrs or they will continue from the 2yrs?

I think u will start afresh because the codes are different. But wait for people like zarah29, justwise, Lexusgs430
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:27pm On Mar 14
hustla:
In other unrelated news, I finally completed my Msc Cybersecurity with Distinction

You all can come and chop jollof rice in June abi July

Bills on Lexusgs430

grin

Congratulations..... 🎊🎉🎉
Bills on me, only if you return to Nigeria, to render your services to the tinubu government...... 😭😜🤣

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AntiMCU: 5:51pm On Mar 14
Zahra29:

If this is a sponsored role, he will need to have a skilled worker application submitted before the 4th of April, or the role will need to meet the new £38,700 income requirement

Will the salary threshold be applicable when it is time for extension?

For example, I was given a 1 year CoS this year and I want to renew next year. Will I need to meet the 38700 threshold?

I'm asking because I just put in my application today.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LaXxOnebody(m): 5:53pm On Mar 14
Congratulations.

You can check out card companies and financial institutions for rewarding roles.

hustla:
In other unrelated news, I finally completed my Msc Cybersecurity with Distinction

Bills on Lexusgs430

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 5:55pm On Mar 14
AntiMCU:

Will the salary threshold be applicable when it is time for extension?

For example, I was given a 1 year CoS this year and I want to renew next year. Will I need to meet the 38700 threshold?

I'm asking because I just put in my application today.

No, you won't be held to the £38,700 threshold on extension if you apply before 4th April

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 5:57pm On Mar 14
Regex:
Biko, Seniors in the house. I have got a question. If one is working in care on sponsorship for 2yrs and got a job in another sector on the job shortage list. Will the person start afresh to count towards 5yrs or they will continue from the 2yrs?

It will continue on from the 2 years.

Has the application for the job on the SOL been made yet, as the current shortage list is being overhauled on the 4th of April and the 20% discount will be removed

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 6:01pm On Mar 14
hustla:

Bills on Lexusgs430

grin

Congratulations!!!💐🎉
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 6:03pm On Mar 14
Lexusgs430:

Congratulations..... 🎊🎉🎉
Bills on me, only if you return to Nigeria, to render your services to the tinubu government...... 😭😜🤣

But won't be a bad idea if you can assure him of a top top position at CBN.
Congrats on your graduation @hustla

@Lexus430, without necessarily over flogging the matter - Please know that, to many of us you are more than a hero and whatever you/they do, you are NOT permitted to leave or reduce your level of engagement on this thread o shocked shocked shocked. Keep dropping those nuggets. they motivate many of us.

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 6:08pm On Mar 14
LionInZion:

But won't be a bad idea if you can assure him of a top top position at CBN.
Congrats on your graduation @hustla

@Lexus430, without necessarily over flogging the matter - Please know that, to many of us you are more than a hero and whatever you/they do, you are NOT permitted to leave or reduce your level of engagement on this thread o shocked shocked shocked. Keep dropping those nuggets. they motivate many of us.

The last time I was told life had assurances, I later realised it was a scam...... 😉😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 6:20pm On Mar 14
Lexusgs430:

The last time I was told life had assurances, I later realised it was a scam...... 😉😂

Davido and Chioma say hello grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by obioraval(m): 6:31pm On Mar 14
hustla:

Will be interesting to see in the next few months. I have searched and searched and this is the only country boxing immigrants into living a life on minimum wage. The effects in the next 7 - 10 years will be insane as most migrants will be stuck at the lower end of society and representation at the upper ends will be further limited (that is where I want to see fellow Nigerians)

The good thing though is that the £38K thing does not affect those who have just graduated but I see a sizable number of Nigerian students leaving the UK (a lot have left already or are planning to leave) as most of the policies are downright sinister and meant to restrict your upwards mobility.

That is exactly why I am always against the care thing or staying too long in it, as I see it as a carefully crafted way to push you into being lower class all your life, which will likely affect your kids too unless careful planning is put in place. Long hours away from family, low pay, and interactions with mostly low-class white people who are all out to drag you to their level, eventually it gets to you and your kids by extension.

I expect things to free up a bit within 1 yr and changes to be made, maybe a bit more stability smiley

Wise man.

Following you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Regex: 6:31pm On Mar 14
Zahra29:

It will continue on from the 2 years.

Has the application for the job on the SOL been made yet, as the current shortage list is being overhauled on the 4th of April and the 20% discount will be removed

Application has not been made yet. I am waiting roe them to contact me as I have just passed the interview with them.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Samguine: 6:42pm On Mar 14
eniola1010:

hello friend, i understand when applying for the shengen one has to show your itinerary, but i wanna know, let's say hotel for example, can i just book the hotel or the hotel has to be paid for, before the visa officer take one serious.

I guess when you book the hotel, you make payment. They'll want to see your flight tickets (to and fro) and where you'll be staying. So, it is advisable you make refundable bookings just in case.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 6:58pm On Mar 14
obioraval:

Wise man.

Following you

My Lord

I want to be like you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 6:59pm On Mar 14
Lexusgs430:

Congratulations..... 🎊🎉🎉

Thanks boss!

I can go back naw. Goverment tech job in Naija will be soft work. Na to just change 000 to 000000

grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 7:03pm On Mar 14
wonlasewonimi:

Congrats mate.. oya go and get AZ900, AZ500 and AWS Security. Attempt CISM/CISSP too to satisfy the PIMPS.

I have gotten all security certs across Azure and AWS since wink

Been trying to get CISM/CISSP since but sapa no gree. Why you think say I dey quarrel with UK government unto £3K grin. The money could be put to better use

Thanks boss!

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 7:04pm On Mar 14
lavida001:

Pop something for boys

Sapa dey street my Oga
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 7:04pm On Mar 14
ehizario2012:
Congratulations @Hustla

Keep going

Thanks Chief!

Jah bless
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 7:05pm On Mar 14
LaXxOnebody:
Congratulations.

You can check out card companies and financial institutions for rewarding roles.

I will look into this

Many thanks boss!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 7:06pm On Mar 14
Choi

Cant reply all mentions

Many thanks, everyone.

May God help and guide us on this UK journey or Japa 2.0

Eshey pupo!

smiley

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dupyshoo: 7:10pm On Mar 14
Check startups that have stabilised. They usually sponsor. I know someone that got 5 year sponsorship with good salary after MSc. In cybersecurity.

Please keep applying. You will get one soon.

hustla:

I will look into this

Many thanks boss!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by 080bjaked(m): 7:19pm On Mar 14
dupyshoo:
You will not need to start all over. It counts towards the 5 yrs

Not a senior though. grin

grin Baba quicly dropped disclaimer before people here reason him matter cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:19pm On Mar 14
dupyshoo:
Check startups that have stabilised. They usually sponsor. I know someone that got 5 year sponsorship with good salary after MSc. In cybersecurity.

Please keep applying. You will get one soon.

Amen. I'll keep trying.

Na ago give up Bleep up

Thanks!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 8:19pm On Mar 14
hustla:

I have gotten all security certs across Azure and AWS since wink

Been trying to get CISM/CISSP since but sapa no gree. Why you think say I dey quarrel with UK government unto £3K grin. The money could be put to better use

Thanks boss!

You're in good stead for cloud security engineering roles. If you need books too, I got plenty just let me know
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:31pm On Mar 14
wonlasewonimi:

You're in good stead for cloud security engineering roles. If you need books too, I got plenty just let me know

Thanks boss

Cloud sec engineering roles now integrate DevSecOps into it. They want to save money by combining 3 roles into one with wayo smh

Typical UK way

Do you have any recommended Yt or Udemy Playlist for this?

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 8:49pm On Mar 14
hustla:

Thanks boss

Cloud sec engineering roles now integrate DevSecOps into it. They want to save money by combining 3 roles into one with wayo smh

Typical UK way

Do you have any recommended Yt or Udemy Playlist for this?

grin

Yeah I know. I don't want you to limit yourself that's why I didn't call it devsecops. It's a glorified appsec. However, the more technical part is the SRE/ observability and monitoring. There's one guy I know that paid for a course called practical devsecops. I just read books.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 8:55pm On Mar 14
wonlasewonimi:

Yeah I know. I don't want you to limit yourself that's why I didn't call it devsecops. It's a glorified appsec. However, the more technical part is the SRE/ observability and monitoring. There's one guy I know that paid for a course called practical devsecops. I just read books.

Get to learn more and understand fundamentals when reading.

Just git to know about that late last year.

Prefer to read book and use AI to understand some concept.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 8:57pm On Mar 14
Schoolhike:

Get to learn more and understand fundamentals when reading.

Just git to know about that late last year.

Prefer to read book and use AI to understand some concept.

Thanks for the heads up.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 8:59pm On Mar 14
Lexusgs430:

I still love you ...... 😂😜

If the £20 is upsetting you ...... How would you feel if I told you that, the UK government gave me free grant to attend university, gave me housing allowance + topped it up with student loans .........😁😂
And you still Dey support ApC o 😁.

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (531) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: dustydee, ridwando, LionInZion, Controlv and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.