Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (482) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (459555 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wallg123: 11:18am On Mar 14
deept:

fact does not care about feelings.

Anyways temperature is always high here whenever the home office announces or implements a new policy.
Please recommend a good cooler or AC make we take turn down the heat grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AKALAMAGBO: 11:21am On Mar 14
I feel you have failed in getting to know what this thread or platform is about.. Let me educate you…

As we have Nairaland, so we have Quora… what these forums have in common: you meet different sets of people who share their viewpoints, enlighten people, advice, encourage, entertain and bants.

But people like you who wear their feelings in their sleeve and take things personal can’t cope on these kind of forums for long then you decide to take out your frustration on supposed people you mentioned.

None of these people have done anything wrong, if you are unhappy at home. Seek advice from MINDS
ehizario2012:
At least three (3) people here have now shared their very thoughts on Lexusgs430's conducts and I am glad one is a naturalized British citizen (person wey see road well.)

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by descarado: 11:25am On Mar 14
wonlasewonimi:
The rent is dead money stance is meant to encourage people to channel their efforts into getting a mortgage as you can build up equity whilst paying back the loan. Damn! so many snowflakes these days.
That is.
Lexusgs430 of all people.
That's what happen when you don't pay your tithe.

The best financial decisions I've made here was from what that guy said. Out of experiences,he dropped statements and anytime I am online, I will pick them. That is part of street smartness. We get the education free here and yet we are complaining. That's the education you will never get in school.

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 11:32am On Mar 14
Dappy25:
I understand that Lexusgs430 finds humour in everything and some people might not like that understandable. But there is no evidence to accuse him this way. I’ve been following this thread since 2022 and he has been providing lots of advice and information, things more experienced UK people won’t even bother with.

His advice with getting life insurance is one I took and I’m happy I did because I’m almost in a bleak medical situation now.

Sorry to hear that, I pray you have a speedy and full recovery 🙏

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dupyshoo: 11:33am On Mar 14
You said "nobody fit pressure you" and in the same comment, you are making the claim he pressurised you. What should we believe?
NezzyMike:

He did and it keeps ringing in my head on this forum...I no fit enter mortgage without being
stabilized first like they did. Life on social media is always dec£itful, nobody fit pressure me kiss

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by deept(m): 11:34am On Mar 14
wallg123:

Please recommend a good cooler or AC make we take turn down the heat grin

The UK does not just hate students who bring their money to come to contribute, we hate the middle class worker because we tax them to the teeth. We hate the Europeans who came here to work and contribute, we voted brexit. We hate corporations because they do not pay enough tax. We hate landlords, enterpreneurs with all the roadblocks and million regulations that does not encourage investment and productivity. We hate gen Z, we hate the consaervatives, we hate labpour, we hate SNP,. The hate is not reserved for any group. grin tongue

Question is how do we thrive inspite of everything?

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AKALAMAGBO: 11:36am On Mar 14
Message to LEXUSGS430…

Please, never relent in your great pursuit of advising, encouraging and humoring us on here.
You have been very consistent, responding positively to concerns, nervousness and fears on questions that bothers multitude of new entrants in the UK through this lovely thread.

You have shared life changing advice which has also positively enriched the community here in general, either one way or another.

I enjoy your contributions on this forum and implore you to keep up the good work. You are a hero here and people love you… Ignore the Naysayers, as most of them have NEVER contributed anything meaningful here BUT hellbent on destroying/labeling the great contributors with unfounded accusations.

Zahra29… I admire your contribution on here, more grease to your elbow.

😀😀😀🤩🤩🤩

31 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dupyshoo: 11:38am On Mar 14
Na so o. How do we thrive despite the harsh laws and rules? That should be our aim.
deept:

The UK does not just hate students who bring their money to come to contribute, we hate the middle class worker because we tax them to the teeth. We hate the Europeans who came here to work and contribute, we voted brexit. We hate corporations because they do not pay enough tax. We hate landlords, enterpreneurs with all the roadblocks and million regulations that does not encourage investment and productivity. We hate gen Z, we hate the consaervatives, we hate labpour, we hate SNP,. The hate is not reserved for any group. grin tongue

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 11:39am On Mar 14
dupyshoo:
I don't share the same opinion with you though.
I instead see him as someone who takes life very easy and tries to find humour out of every situation.

Do I have the same personality? No!! Everyone cannot be the same.

I can however say he has contributed immensely to this thread. He has been consistent and always willing to answer question with a bit of humour. He is one of the people that has kept this thread going and interesting.

Hear hear

Completely agree with this and similar comments by others.

I remember when I joined the thread and Lexus was exposed as the secret angel who had helped some people on the forum.
He regularly answers questions and proffers advice. Maybe it's the feeling that his advice comes from a place of comfort that irks some? Though they forget that he's gone through his own struggles in the past.

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Saccharine: 11:43am On Mar 14
In a huge forum, there will naturally be people who will interpret"rent money is dead money" as " you're not good enough, you're not doing well, look at your mates".Then another group of people who would view this as a challenge to hustle harder. Some people get ginger from hearing of others earning hundreds of thousands and millions, the other set will see this as boasting.

I remember some uproar when people were challenged to view care work as a stop gap and move quickly into better things.

Talking about lofty ambitions can be triggering for a few members, they won't take it well and see it as an indictment of their current level conveniently forgetting that nothing is static, you can do better, you can start small and move on to better things.

All fingers are not equal and will never be, if you're the thumb or little finger, it's okay if you're happy there. If you're the middle finger, that's great. I prefer reading about people doing amazing things and earning more than me, listening to ideas etc.

For the people who are rich or about to be rich, maybe put disclaimer and be more sensitive to the people struggling?
Different strokes for different folks.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 11:56am On Mar 14
hustla:
In other unrelated news, I finally completed my Msc Cybersecurity with Distinction

You all can come and chop jollof rice in June abi July

Bills on Lexusgs430

grin

Congrats mate.. oya go and get AZ900, AZ500 and AWS Security. Attempt CISM/CISSP too to satisfy the PIMPS.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chinlov: 12:09pm On Mar 14
ubby26:
Hi People,

Please I am in dire need of a driving instructor in Leeds. I have done driving lessons in Bradford, however, the earliest test date I could get is sometime in July. I have changed to a closer date (23rd of this month) and just need an instructor in Leeds for about 3-5 hours lesson so as to familiarise myself with the route. The test is for an automatic car and I already have 5 years experience back home.

Please recommend a good instructor as I don't want to move dates. I have contacted a few driving schools from my search online and they said they don't take in candidates with less than a month to the driving test.

Please please.

Try Eirini 07949873578...Leeds to confidence... although she does Manual but she might have solution

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by nneka3000: 12:09pm On Mar 14
Congratulations

hustla:
In other unrelated news, I finally completed my Msc Cybersecurity with Distinction

Bills on Lexusgs430

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 12:13pm On Mar 14
One of the brightest part of this messy situation

Please get well soon..

Dappy25:
I understand that Lexusgs430 finds humour in everything and some people might not like that understandable. But there is no evidence to accuse him this way. I’ve been following this thread since 2022 and he has been providing lots of advice and information, things more experienced UK people won’t even bother with.

His advice with getting life insurance is one I took and I’m happy I did because I’m almost in a bleak medical situation now.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chinlov: 12:14pm On Mar 14
no o

She already get ...LOL

ehizario2012:

Is it possible to change monikers? I want to change your name on my profile to UKVI Agent/defender. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by NezzyMike: 12:18pm On Mar 14
dupyshoo:
You said "nobody fit pressure you" and in the same comment, you are making the claim he pressurised you. What should we believe?

I can't help you to comprehend...bye
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 12:18pm On Mar 14
AKALAMAGBO:
Message to LEXUSGS430…

Please, never relent in your great pursuit of advising, encouraging and humoring us on here.
You have been very consistent, responding positively to concerns, nervousness and fears on questions that bothers multitude of new entrants in the UK through this lovely thread.

You have shared life changing advice which has also positively enriched the community here in general, either one way or another.

I enjoy your contributions on this forum and implore you to keep up the good work. You are a hero here and people love you… Ignore the Naysayers, as most of them have NEVER contributed anything meaningful here BUT hellbent on destroying/labeling the great contributors with unfounded accusations.

Zahra29… I admire your contribution on here, more grease to your elbow.

😀😀😀🤩🤩🤩

Aww thank you 😊
Make sure you show up to support me oh when my own dragging starts grin

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 12:20pm On Mar 14
A lot of people projecting their frustration(s) on someone else...

Find a way to release the tension and vent....

Take a trip.... go to the beach.. climb mountains.. do something.. don't get eaten up

There is a way to communicate.. There is also a way to read/listen

I have also asked Lexus to modify the Rent is Dead money slogan so people don't take it the wrong way, but yet again, my communication style was different...

What i have read here since yesterday shows some people have a lot of hate and some level of envy in them..

Someone who has actually used abusive words here on someone else is accusing Lexus who has never attacked or cursed at any one??

Highest level of hypocrisy

Lexus has done what many of you/us haven't and probably won't ever do...

Same Lexus i have heard from another guy who I met at a house party saying good things about him.. and he has never met Lexus physically

Unless it is another Lexus

Lexus owes us nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!! yet gives everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for yearssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Lexus ride on!!! Love how you don't take things to heart

People need to smile more.... laugh more... one day we wont be able to... because we will be dust..

Smile/Laugh while you can.... your problems will feel lighter..

23 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 12:22pm On Mar 14
deept:

Lol, so funny but also 💯

I think most of the underlying advice is not to take the immigration rules personally, although I appreciate it's hard not to when it affects one's person.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dupyshoo: 12:23pm On Mar 14
grin grin grin
You wey no need any support. I wonder how you keep going despite some very spiteful comments. I admire this your ability. You no send anybody.

Zahra29:

Aww thank you 😊
Make sure you show up to support me oh when my own dragging starts grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Regex: 12:25pm On Mar 14
Biko, Seniors in the house. I have got a question. If one is working in care on sponsorship for 2yrs and got a job in another sector on the job shortage list. Will the person start afresh to count towards 5yrs or they will continue from the 2yrs?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dupyshoo: 12:27pm On Mar 14
You will not need to start all over. It counts towards the 5 yrs

Not a senior though. grin

Regex:
Biko, Seniors in the house. I have got a question. If one is working in care on sponsorship for 2yrs and got a job in another sector on the job shortage list. Will the person start afresh to count towards 5yrs or they will continue from the 2yrs?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 12:33pm On Mar 14
dupyshoo:
grin grin grin
You wey no need any support. I wonder how you keep going despite some very spiteful comments. I admire this your ability. You no send anybody.

Lol 😂

I actually hate conflict, but this being an anonymous forum empowers me to speak my truth.

Now Twitter is a different ball game, those warriors are the true MVPs lol

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 12:49pm On Mar 14
NezzyMike:

Just imagine the kind of contribution you made.
This was the same way he treated me here before I left Naija but I didn't give any room for that. He feels it's humour but doesn't know it comes off most times as being insensitiv£ and deme@ning.
Well you give me 1, I shower you 30.

Everybody with the one wey dey do them. You go dey alright fam
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 12:55pm On Mar 14
hustla:

Bills on Lexusgs430

grin

Pop something for boys
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 12:57pm On Mar 14
Dappy25:

I wish you divine recovery. There's nothing impossible for God to do.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 1:00pm On Mar 14
Congratulations @Hustla

Keep going
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 1:01pm On Mar 14
The statement of changes to formalise the new policies being implemented on April 4 has just been published:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/statement-of-changes-to-the-immigration-rules-hc-590-14-march-2024

No unexpected announcements, although they provided confirmation that the new entrant discount would remain.

As expected the SOL is being replaced and the 20% discount will be removed.

Minimum income requirement for family visas is going up to 29k , they have also removed the additional income for children which will provide some cushion.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by SPDAZZY(f): 1:03pm On Mar 14
Dappy25:

Sending you best wishes and prayers.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by SPDAZZY(f): 1:04pm On Mar 14
hustla:

Bills on Lexusgs430

grin

Hearty congratulations 🎉
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 1:08pm On Mar 14
best news today..

Congrats for this great milestone

hustla:

Bills on Lexusgs430

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 1:40pm On Mar 14
When you say people like this, are you implying that he stated he was an extremist on his visa application and was let ?

Or are you saying no moslems should be let in? What do you mean people like this?

hustla:

Fear mongering to drive home a point won't work with me.

This was my premise -

"Sometimes I wonder how they let in people who are now asking for Sharia in their neighborhoods in while constantly insulting students who bring in money and pay taxes"

I have shown you an example and you have done nothing but deflect, make excuses while bringing up Nigeria with zero relevance to the discourse. All those "phobia" won't make me not express my opinion about something obvious and you have not answered the question.

Why are they letting people like this in while constantly shitting on students who pay billions and want to contribute to their society? Wanting to be politically correct won't make you say the truth as it is

Another example is below -

https://twitter.com/SaffronSwamyy/status/1737502649593839716?t=IySnPz9VgoY81tMG7r4WEQ&s=19

Sometimes I feel like these politicians are fanning the student rhetoric in order to hide or avoid doing something

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (531) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Peerielass, paragon40(m), kingdred, dannytoe(m), Taal17, KingDemolah(m), Nemie, bns4eva, ipassu and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.