Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,486 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

'i Was Too Slow' - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'i Was Too Slow' (3582 Views)

Ladies, Fast And Furious Or Slow And Steady / Nice Slow/mid Tempo Songs To Listen To After Breakup Or When Not Happy / I Was Dumb For Seconds When She Told Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'i Was Too Slow' by Felixjude(m): 12:22pm On Sep 27, 2011
Dis is a true story.der is dis girl i am madly in luv wt in skul.i had a bad crush on ha an always wishd i cud tel her hw i felt.wel 4 reasons i cant even xplain i cudnt jst muster enof courage 2walk up 2ha.Eventualy an concedentaly,we wer fixd in d same group 4 a seminar presentation.I tried 2initiate a convesation wt a view 2geting knw her beta,unfortunatly,her response was rily cold,i concluded sh probably wasnt interestd in me, i had 2give ha a brk.2cut d lng story short,i cudnt jst get ha off my mind,sh was all i ever wntd in   a girl.dis yr i decided i was going 2tel ha point blank hw i felt abt ha an i did, bt gues what,she startd sobbing.sh sed sh had bin waiting 4me 2ask out since d ist day sh saw me an in her own words 'i was 2slow an ws busy beating round d bush'.sh sed sh kept turning dwn guys wt d hope dt i was goin 2ask ha out.sh had goton in2 a rel cos sh wasnt sur i was goin 2ask ha out anymor.u can imagine hw devastated i was.D big question here is, y do girls pretend so much?she is presently datin d other guy an am left in a world of my own,what do i do?st get ha off my mind,sh was all i ever wntd in   a girl.dis yr i decided i was going 2tel ha point blank hw i felt abt ha an i did, bt gues what,she startd sobbing.sh sed sh had bin waiting 4me 2ask out since d ist day sh saw me an in her own words 'i was 2slow an ws busy beating round d bush'.sh sed sh kept turning dwn guys wt d hope dt i was goin 2ask ha out.sh had goton in2 a rel cos sh wasnt sur i was goin 2ask ha out anymor.u can imagine hw devastated i was.D big question here is, y do girls pretend so much?she is presently datin d other guy an am left in a world of my own,what do i do?
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by NET1(m): 12:38pm On Sep 27, 2011
I dont think she was pretending (as you want us to believe). You, my friend were a dog in a manger! Most gurls may not openly show you that they care about you, but a little pressure here and there might just be the trick.

You are the one who bleeped up. Too bad for you, she is already in a relationship. I hope you aint trying to persuade her to leave her new man and follow you. Better luck next time. When you see a good girl you wanna be with, stop hesitating.

What to do? Find another chic.

.NET
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by IZUKWU(m): 12:57pm On Sep 27, 2011
.NET:

I dont think she was pretending (as you want us to believe). You, my friend were a dog in a manger! Most gurls may not openly show you that they care about you, but a little pressure here and there might just be the trick.

You are the one who bleeped up. Too bad for you, she is already in a relationship. I hope you aint trying to persuade her to leave her new man and follow you. Better luck next time. When you see a good girl you wanna be with, stop hesitating.

.NET
seconded
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 27, 2011
Ok! You both were SLOW! I dont see anything wrong for a girl to openly come out and confess her love for the man she loves too! Now both of you are pained! Wont say further! .NET has said it all! If only you'd listen!
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by Basildon1(m): 1:10pm On Sep 27, 2011
U snooze, u lose. Live and learn - no need for regrets.
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by mikkymoi(m): 1:35pm On Sep 27, 2011
Forget it boy,

u cant tell me shes d only girl in this world, we still have plenty gurlz around,

MOVE ON,
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by mashnino(m): 1:43pm On Sep 27, 2011
eiyah, nw she knws, nd nw u knw, net said it all sha
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by Felixjude(m): 3:48pm On Sep 27, 2011
.NET:

.NET
tnks alot NET, bt u knw it isnt easy 4me.u c,i tried 2cut d story short 2avoid ambiguity, yes i did not hit d nail on d head quite on time,sh did not help matas at all.i did not mention d countles times i cald ha on d fon,most atimes,sh woudnt pick an wil not bother 2cal bk after seeing reveral misd cals,unreplied txt msgs an even when we meet on campus,sh was always in a hury 2liv.nw,if u r a guy,u lyk a girl an wana date ha bt tryin 2xtablish a conection ist,wat wud u do wt al dis responses?
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by Godmother(f): 3:59pm On Sep 27, 2011
This may sound harsh but it serves you right. I once had a problem like yours and it was when I moved on that the guy came forth.
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by ronkebp(f): 4:24pm On Sep 27, 2011
^^^^ wahlai, some guys are freaking slow, when i was in my 100level in the university there was this young handsome guy, who was very responsible, oh!!!!! how i loved that guy,i smile to that guy sotey, my mouth wan tear reach my ear, all for the guy to just ask me out, for where!!!! ashey!!! the guy himself was digging me badly, but was waiting for the right time time to ask me out, subsequently, i started dating other guys and was in a serious relationship with one, till i finish my studies, served (nysc) travelled abroad and became engaged!!!!. Then this mother!!!!effer!!! decided to call me and ask me out formally and he told me how he had kept himself for me and would want me to be his wife. I hung up the phone immediately and called him back after 2weeks to insult him.
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by Pweety4me(f): 4:26pm On Sep 27, 2011
I dislike these kind of yans/stories jaree undecided
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by ronkebp(f): 4:28pm On Sep 27, 2011
So Poster, you too slow, you should have asked her out form the beginning, and if she said no, then you know you tried, all hope is not lost, just keep trying, she might dump the other guy for you, since she digs you too, and she is not married to him.
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by Felixjude(m): 4:47pm On Sep 27, 2011
@all,tnks.bt evry one here is blaming me,wel i take d responsibilty 4evrything an av learnt a lesson in a vry bitter way.when i met her last week,sh sed if i luvd ha,i shud mov on, i was stund.Nw, if i admire an fancy a gurl,i wudnt waste tym in asking ha out,ope sh wudnt say dt am TOO FAST.felow guys,una don c am na,if u lyk a girl,give am line one time,NO TIME.
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by MMM2(m): 4:59pm On Sep 27, 2011
op

re u an absu boy
undecided
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by UyiIredia(m): 5:08pm On Sep 27, 2011
@ OP >>> heya. too bad u slacked. Lessons learnt.
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by MrCork17: 5:10pm On Sep 27, 2011
Uyi Iredia. Bro dont u people hav English names in Nigeria? wtf angry
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by UyiIredia(m): 5:15pm On Sep 27, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Uyi Iredia. Bro dont u people hav English names in Nigeria? wtf angry

STFU angry
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by Akanbiedu(m): 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2011
You can still get her, if you want. Girls mostly do not have a mind of their own.
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by tellwisdom: 5:58pm On Sep 27, 2011
[size=19pt]op, u are beautifully STUPIDD and miraculously madt for writing this way, you think sey na your little kids you dey table story in this writing manner to?? angry angry[/size]
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by AfroBlue(m): 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2011
Op, write your soulmate a note, tell her how intense your feelings are for her and ask to give you a future opportunity to make a friendship if she becomes free. Don't disrepect her present relationship. Tell her something slick like her happiness is paramount and that you are willing to wait to the next lifetime to shower your love on her. Some women like to have suitors on deck, but don't over inflate her ego! Sooner or later you may get your chance. Man up and try not to blow it.

May her womb be intact on your wedding night. grin
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by kokoye(m): 8:12pm On Sep 27, 2011
ronkebp:

^^^^ wahlai, some guys are freaking slow, when i was in my 100level in the university there was this young handsome guy, who was very responsible, oh!!!!! how i loved that guy,i smile to that guy sotey, my mouth wan tear reach my ear, all for the guy to just ask me out, for where!!!! ashey!!! the guy himself was digging me badly, but was waiting for the right time time to ask me out, subsequently, i started dating other guys and was in a serious relationship with one, till i finish my studies, served (nysc) travelled abroad and became engaged!!!!. Then this mother!!!!effer!!! decided to call me and ask me out formally and he told me how he had kept himself for me and would want me to be his wife. I hung up the phone immediately and called him back after 2weeks to insult him.

You called him 2 wks later to insult him??

Nna meeen! odikwa wicked no be small
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by ronkebp(f): 8:17pm On Sep 27, 2011
grin grin grin Oh yes!!!! Kokoye, i had to, because i could not think of anything good to tell him, am sure he must have thought i was going to say 'yes i would' with all smiles and butterfly in my heart!!!!, sheeesh!! too effing!!!! late!!
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by kokoye(m): 8:23pm On Sep 27, 2011
can you please pleasure us with the exact words used for the insults . . pretty please?  grin

I bet you had everything all neatly organized for two weeks before letting out the canon.

Na yoruba u use . . .or oyinbo?

na yoruba dey sweet pass grin
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by freecocoa(f): 8:48pm On Sep 27, 2011
OP na wa o,will it hurt if people spell words correctly?I can't even read this and I suppose the writer will call himself a student,many people can no longer spell due to this method of writing,its really a pity.
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by horny4u(f): 10:47pm On Sep 27, 2011
@OP

You asked why do some girl like pretending ?
[s]She is now in a relationship oh but you are not , who lose?[/s]

You said she didnot help matters?
[s]She should have picked your calls at 1st ring abi?[/s]

You said you called and she didnot pick up the phone?
[s]if it were a job interview for 1 billion, will you not ring back again & again or is a whole hman being not worth more[/s] grin ,

You said she said she has been waiting for you to ask her out?
Guess you never asked her out undecided

Now that i have laid out the facts as mentioned by you.

One question
Did you OP ask her to be your girlfriend?
Or
You were just calling and ribo ribing,

As a man you have the power to be tenacious so next oppurtunity if they baf you with soap water, remain focused till you get her.
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 27, 2011
ive learnt something on this thread and gonna act on it 2moro
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by SAFO(m): 2:45am On Sep 28, 2011
Afro_Blue:

Op, write your soulmate a note, tell her how intense your feelings are for her and ask to give you a future opportunity to make a friendship if she becomes free. Don't disrepect her present relationship. Tell her something slick like her happiness is paramount and that you are willing to wait to the next lifetime to shower your love on her. Some women like to have suitors on deck, but don't over inflate her ego! Sooner or later you may get your chance. Man up and try not to blow it.

May her womb be intact on your wedding night. grin

Why?

Dude can't even write a proper post and now you want him to express his love on paper.

That would be an EPIC FAIL.
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by Felixjude(m): 9:53am On Sep 28, 2011
toba:

toba:

Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by Felixjude(m): 12:45pm On Sep 28, 2011
Felixjude:

spot on.thats the idea behind the post,for us to learn.for me,the lesson i 've learnt, is unprecedented
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by iice(f): 4:18pm On Sep 28, 2011
SAFO:

Why?

Dude can't even write a proper post and now you want him to express his love on paper.

Lol.
My day has not gone to waste cheesy
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 28, 2011
try n fu ck d chick, n trust me its really going to help u forget her easily, so that u wont wind up loosin both eventually. And next time u just b a man n speak ur mind always, for it pays
Re: 'i Was Too Slow' by Felixjude(m): 6:31am On Sep 30, 2011
SAFO:

Why?

What is your definition of a proper post?of course,the abreviations was to safe space an time.people do abbreviate especially when they are writing unofficial stuffs on net.An for you to read the above and think the writer cant write properly,too bad, SMDH, shaking my damn head,

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need A Nigerian Girl Like This / What Is The Most Common Word/phrase The Opposite Sex Have Said To You / Immediate Turn Offs Men See In Some Ladies .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.