Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,272 members, 7,836,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan (19921 Views)

Why APC Is Having Sleepless Nights Over Peter Obi’s Loss – Isaac Fayose / I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC / My Tenure Expires In June- Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by ogododo: 3:05pm On May 20, 2023
Former president, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday said he used to lose sleep over insecurity that in the country during his tenure.

Jonathan stated this while he commissioned projects constructed by Taraba State Governor, Darius Ishaku in Jalingo.

Addressing the crowd at the commissioning of the 22 kilometer dual carriageway from Panti Napo to NYSC orientation permanent camp, the former president praised people of the state for choosing to live in peace.

He also commended the state governor and the contractor handling the project, Claneburge Construction Company for a quality job.

“When I was the president of Nigeria, the insecurity of the nation did give me sleepless nights, sometimes even while in the church, my ADC would bring a phone to show to me how people were being murdered or kidnapped, and that gave me serious headache.

“As I came into the Jalingo airport, I saw the director of SSS and I quickly asked him how is Taraba security wise, he replied that Taraba is relatively peaceful.

“I believe insecurity is the handwork of the citizens, the people of Taraba have chosen to live peacefully and you are enjoying it, is not a business of the federal or state government alone, I thank you for choosing to live in peace,” he said.

Governor Ishaku said the construction of the dual carriageway was part of the priority of his administration, and thanked God for giving him the grace to complete and commission the project under the eight years of his administration.

https://leadership.ng/insecurity-gave-me-sleepless-nights-during-my-tenure-jonathan/

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by LeoDeKing: 3:07pm On May 20, 2023
Yet you were informed of chibok girls kidnap by bokoharam terrorists and you refused to take action after one month.

Money for the purchase of arms to fight bokoharam terrorists was shared Dasuki under your watch.

One good thing about you is that you accepted defeat in good faith and continued with your life leaving some headless mobs to continue killing themselves.

140 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by xpressionx(m): 3:38pm On May 20, 2023
Buhari no send anybody.
Infact he doesn't care.

162 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by touchalex25: 3:51pm On May 20, 2023
I don’t think it bothers this current administration though

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by lonecatt(m): 4:00pm On May 20, 2023
We know, you grew white hairs overnight

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by goodnessme1(f): 4:40pm On May 20, 2023
And APC government came and created insecurity in East just to stop civilised freedom fighters.

They don't have dialogue in their dictionary when it comes to civil matters, but can free terrorists in the name of repented.

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by goodnessme1(f): 4:49pm On May 20, 2023
Oga nothing like chibok girls kidnap.

It was all game Northerners and Yoruba Muslims used to remove our brother from sit.

No girls were kidnapped

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Vinnie2000(m): 4:57pm On May 20, 2023
Caused by The Poweful Northern Cabal who created Boko Haram and Ansar'u Terrorists/ Killers. embarassed
They used this Blood-suckers to Frustrate ur Govt because they Just couldn't stomach Nigeria having a South-south Christian as President. sad

They Would Do same to Tinubu if he Misbehaves and does NOT do their Biddings.😏😕

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by ImpregnaTor(m): 5:00pm On May 20, 2023
Buhari will only sleep better on any news concerning insecurity cheesy

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by richmond500: 5:10pm On May 20, 2023
Lies.
These leaders are born liars.
They slept well in Aso Villa and travel with lots of security.

The masses are the ones that aren't having sleeps cos of insecurity

113 Likes

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by ogododo: 9:11pm On May 20, 2023
Nlfpmod
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Went(m): 9:20pm On May 20, 2023
Buhari seems to be sleeping fine wink

5 Likes

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Eriokanmi: 9:22pm On May 20, 2023
You tried GEJ. But you were too soft. A Nigerian president must not have a human face. He must be willing to step on toes and damn the consequences. You knew boko haram sponsors but looked the other way. You'd have been a hero today, had you dealt with them without thinking of the consequences, including possible loss of your life.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Evilspirit666: 9:22pm On May 20, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Yet you were informed of chibok girls kidnap by bokoharam terrorists and you refused to take action after one month.

Money for the purchase of arms to fight bokoharam terrorists was shared Dasuki under your watch.

One good thing about you is that you accepted defeat in good faith and continued with your life leaving some headless mobs to continue killing themselves.
He's far better than the cow in Aso rock

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Seequadry(m): 9:22pm On May 20, 2023
We know, pẹ̀lẹ́ dear
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by 4tomandchi: 9:22pm On May 20, 2023
I'm sure the pampas wearing man will sleep well even if some regions burn to aches.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Irupetepete: 9:22pm On May 20, 2023
The set of nuisance that orchestrated it took it to another level till it got out of hand...
As a youth, regardless of who becomes the president, work hard to change your life and status

4 Likes

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Neddstark: 9:22pm On May 20, 2023
Sai baba no too send for him 2nd tenure. Body language dey like, If una wan kill unaself, make una kill una self.

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Acidosis(m): 9:22pm On May 20, 2023
Over 60 were slaughtered in the Middle Belt and the current man decided to extend his stay in the UK to fix his teeth.

9 Likes

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 20, 2023
Sleepless nights in a 7 star bedroom filled with armed guards?

Next time Buy Tinubus powder

You'll sleep like a baby

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Caramia2020(m): 9:22pm On May 20, 2023
Conscience is the reason but this present presidio snooze very loud despite the continuous killing all across the country.

6 Likes

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by EnEnPeecee: 9:22pm On May 20, 2023
Oga rest

President olusegun Obasanjo knew that if he allows power to enter the hands of the APC demons, Nigeria will be doomed. That is the reason he faught with all arsenal to ensure that all the number of times buhari contested, he loose woefully.

But when this chicken hearted man Jonathan assumes power, he succumb to a mere threat from Buhari like a whimpering child. Today we are suffering that foolish decision by Jonathan to freely release power to tinubu and his gangs in the name of "My political ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian ".

If he had hold on to power even with the glaring bias by Jega's INEC, heaven will not fall and he would have saved Nigerians this hell they are into today.

So, any time I hear anything about this coward, it pissed me off.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Harrynight(m): 9:23pm On May 20, 2023
They APjC Cabals used the insecurity to sabotage your government and thank God it comes back to hunts them

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by theophorus(m): 9:23pm On May 20, 2023
Time is a leveler.

You could be the most Powerful man today but gradually, you lose to someone else.

Here is Oga Jona talking about 8+ ago when he was NGR 001.

Unfortunately, the number of theives around him destroy his good intentions.

5 Likes

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Hotwest: 9:24pm On May 20, 2023
This president was always in the country then facing the hard guerilla attacks but the idiot general called buhari was always outside the country caring less

Useless Buhari who is handing Over to another power drunk grandpa who I know don't have any good security plan

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by bolacode: 9:24pm On May 20, 2023
Lol
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Irupetepete: 9:25pm On May 20, 2023
LeoDeKing:

sometimes, I wonder if you people reason with your God given brain or na just aba made una get..
If insecurity was 10% during gej Era, it is 1000% during buhari's Era and am surprised people kept quiet... Gej was called names and even coffins were carried in his name.. Una get children and they will feel the brunts of your insensitivity

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by abobote: 9:27pm On May 20, 2023
Is that why you handed over to a disaster called Buhari
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Billionaire2: 9:27pm On May 20, 2023
Noted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC, APC Oppose Lp’s Request To Quiz IT Experts / Alleged Money Laundering: EFCC Closes Case Against Badeh / Umaru Tanko Almakura Celebrates 66th Birthday At Special School Lafia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.