Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,120 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:17 AM

Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan (19951 Views)

Why APC Is Having Sleepless Nights Over Peter Obi’s Loss – Isaac Fayose / I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC / My Tenure Expires In June- Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by chariiks(m): 6:30am On May 21, 2023
[quote author=LeoDeKing post=123256664]Yet you were informed of chibok girls kidnap by bokoharam terrorists and you refused to take action after one month.

Money for the purchase of arms to fight bokoharam terrorists was shared Dasuki under your watch.

One good thing about you is that you accepted defeat in good faith and continued with your life leaving some headless mobs to continue killing themselves.
This is the height is stupidity. Must you introduce ethnicity in your statement.
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by J3susFr3ak: 6:37am On May 21, 2023
TOMMYS:

EnEnPeecee:
Oga rest

President olusegun Obasanjo knew that if he allows power to enter the hands of the APC demons, Nigeria will be doomed. That is the reason he faught with all arsenal to ensure that all the number of times buhari contested, he loose woefully.

But when this chicken hearted man Jonathan assumes power, he succumb to a mere threat from Buhari like a whimpering child. Today we are suffering that foolish decision by Jonathan to freely release power to tinubu and his gangs in the name of "My political ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian ".

If he had hold on to power even with the glaring bias by Jega's INEC, heaven will not fall and he would have saved Nigerians this hell they are into today.

So, any time I hear anything about this coward, it pissed me off.

You no lie sha

Who knows, if BAT decides to lay aside whatever differences he had with Obasanjo and get some much needed insight and advice security wise, a little something can tilt the right direction. If he makes the same mistake like Jonathan thinking over-appeasing these useless dehydrated Northern cows by placing them in sensitive positions and assuming they would simply "like" him just because he bends over backwards twice to appear "nice and accommodating" -- even your BAT would be turned to BAT soup by these ungrateful hyena ingrates from the core North.

You hit the ground running by advocating for regional rule and supremacy over the current overfed constipated and diarrhea-ridden Center.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by J3susFr3ak: 6:41am On May 21, 2023
Jostoman:
imagine 85 people were kill in Plateau state last week and everywhere was quiet as if noting happen. Life doesnt have value again in nigeria.

I think we are slowly headed to a critical tipping point in this regard. Then all HELL will break lose since insanity and blood-lust is gradually becoming the new normal.

An unfortunate reality....indeed.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Boyooosa(m): 6:46am On May 21, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Yet you were informed of chibok girls kidnap by bokoharam terrorists and you refused to take action after one month.

Money for the purchase of arms to fight bokoharam terrorists was shared Dasuki under your watch.

One good thing about you is that you accepted defeat in good faith and continued with your life leaving some headless mobs to continue killing themselves.

Exactly!

He was a weak leader too but moving on was a good thing about him
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Nyanabo(m): 6:49am On May 21, 2023
Eriokanmi:
You tried GEJ. But you were too soft. A Nigerian president must not have a human face. He must be willing to step on toes and damn the consequences. You knew boko haram sponsors but looked the other way. You'd have been a hero today, had you dealt with them without thinking of the consequences, including possible loss of your life.

You lots complained of a soft man and your god gave you a very hard man yet you still complained.
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Igboslayer: 6:51am On May 21, 2023
goodnessme1:
Oga nothing like chibok girls kidnap.

It was all game Northerners and Yoruba Muslims used to remove our brother from sit.

No girls were kidnapped
Omo, some people sha… you left your kitchen and put your mouth for politics wey no concern you.
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Bahamas95(m): 6:52am On May 21, 2023
Am I the only one who doesn't believe in that Chibok girls kidnap?

Till today that thing is still like arrangee to me.
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Cassandraloius: 6:57am On May 21, 2023
xpressionx:
Buhari no send anybody.

Infact he doesn't care.

Buhari no be human being, his I don't care life style is what fit some Nigerians, he's the worst thing that happened to Nigeria, the guy no send at all. grin
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by LZAA: 7:05am On May 21, 2023
Eriokanmi:
You tried GEJ. But you were too soft. A Nigerian president must not have a human face. He must be willing to step on toes and damn the consequences. You knew boko haram sponsors but looked the other way. You'd have been a hero today, had you dealt with them without thinking of the consequences, including possible loss of your life.
I don't think you understand how democracy works or you just like the idea of a strong man ruling you
Democracy is the government of the people not one that confers unnecessary power into one man's hand
Institutions and checks are there to help the executive, legislature and judiciary so the idea that GEJ was a soft leader is quite frankly laughable
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by LZAA: 7:07am On May 21, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Yet you were informed of chibok girls kidnap by bokoharam terrorists and you refused to take action after one month.

After 8 years you still type this grin grin grin
You are unbelievable
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Dracula123: 7:14am On May 21, 2023
Eriokanmi:
He should step on toes and have himself and family killed. Would you do that? That's hypocritical
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by J3susFr3ak: 7:31am On May 21, 2023
Dracula123:

He should step on toes and have himself and family killed. Would you do that? That's hypocritical

I did not want to reply after reading your comment but something compelled me to.

The current clueless "exiting" occupant of that Asorock has had far far far far faaaar worst Terroristic events happen under his watch--all to his dazzling indifference and I dare say, both active and passive participation.

Yet, he sleeps so well at night and feels more at home in the same Asorock Jonathan had so many sleepless nights in.

Does that not show you clearly that something is very very veeeeery wrong with the current security architecture of the country and the way Abuja is currently structured as a so called Federal Capital?
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by zoghys: 7:52am On May 21, 2023
goodnessme1:

It was all game Northerners and Yoruba Muslims used to remove our brother from sit.

No girls were kidnapped

You need paracetamol, you no well.
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Adabestseason(m): 8:34am On May 21, 2023
Oh!wonderful looting of treasury don't give our leaders sleepless night only politicize insecurity
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Allisgud: 8:38am On May 21, 2023
The malu has gone to London to sharpen his teeth,so he will be able to eat sallah goat meat🤣🤣
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by ogododo: 8:42am On May 21, 2023
JTwelve:

On the nights he did not drink to stupor, shebi?
Buhari wey promised heaven, how una dey. U fit go ur home village now?
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Blackdisciple(m): 8:58am On May 21, 2023
While Buhari was busy travelling anyhow he wants, really bubu didn't care sha
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Mantilla(m): 9:41am On May 21, 2023
You tried as a leader.
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by sojiooo1(m): 9:48am On May 21, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Did you read his message at all ?

Even Abacha said any insurgency that lasted for more than 24hours. The government is complicit in the mess .

“I believe insecurity is the handwork of the citizens, the people of Taraba have chosen to live peacefully and you are enjoying it, is not a business of the federal or state government alone, I thank you for choosing to live in peace,” he said.

There is a usual saying that is fact “Every problem is Local and the Solution is Local”. Some people in Borno that time decide they don’t want to live in peace
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by chukwuma234: 10:09am On May 21, 2023
LeoDeKing:

You and the over 100 odiots that liked you post are so misinformed. Try and do a little research as to the events leading to the chibok incident.
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by J3susFr3ak: 10:20am On May 21, 2023
sojiooo1:

Did you read his message at all ?

Even Abacha said any insurgency that lasted for more than 24hours. The government is complicit in the mess .

“I believe insecurity is the handwork of the citizens, the people of Taraba have chosen to live peacefully and you are enjoying it, is not a business of the federal or state government alone, I thank you for choosing to live in peace,” he said.

There is a usual saying that is fact “Every problem is Local and the Solution is Local”. Some people in Borno that time decide they don’t want to live in peace

I beg your pardon.....I don't think Abacha is an authority over the moral dynamics of any security or insecurity. I am not from the Niger Delta and very well remember shedding a tear after the shenanigans that was the Saro-Wiwa incident. The quote attributed to him may have some elements of truth to it....but when saying that "...insecurity is the handiwork of citizens" -- when the government clearly disallows any citizen rights to own guns legally so as to defend themselves in the face of unjustified anarchy--then I do clearly have big problems with your assertions.

Mentioning Taraba too is a big hogwash! I have noted the sporadic skirmishes that do occur in that area and it all boils down to the way these Islamist propelled by the central government have chosen to behave like the Ishmaelite jack-asses they have been doomed and destined to be. And Taraba also has the TY Danjuma element who is clearly a stabilizing factor too behind the scenes. So what happens after a figure of his influence there is gone? If he has not groomed a thousand people like him to stand their ground...I am afraid, there goes your stability too.

What we have in Nigeria is so called "peace" dictated by how much "guns" you have and not by rational consensual conversations. From what I have gathered so far--any time these Hausa Fulanis call you to a "peace talk" round table--make sure you double the number of guns you have and if possible, get armored tanks as well because any type of peace rant is a mere tactical deflection to really get you off-guard.

You can hardly call someone who has been cowed or subdued to silence as proof of "living in peace!" That is absolute nonsense!
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Sleekfingers: 10:37am On May 21, 2023
Believeintruth:

It is not by force to talk, if you don't have anything sensible to say.

What did that mumu said , when chibok girls was kidnapped? Tell me one meaningful thing Jonathan did , when he was the president.

Is like head dey pain you
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by darkwan: 10:56am On May 21, 2023
jonathan just couldnt manage it....it was too much....
but he kept too long quiet till chibok happened....

he should have beat the shitt out of everybody,than trying to play democrat....

buhari reacted fast....build up the police,build up the army,we are at war....
permanent army camp in sambisa forest....

jonathan just couldnt manage the crazy situation....
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by HardBishop: 10:57am On May 21, 2023
goodnessme1:

No girls were kidnapped
You know the yorubas well........ They were the ones who brought BUHARI in power because they feel good luck sidelined them...... Forgetting he brought femi adeshina to limelight.
We Igbo don't have any iota of trust for them
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by HardBishop: 11:00am On May 21, 2023
EnEnPeecee:
Oga rest

President olusegun Obasanjo knew that if he allows power to enter the hands of the APC demons, Nigeria will be doomed. That is the reason he faught with all arsenal to ensure that all the number of times buhari contested, he loose woefully.

But when this chicken hearted man Jonathan assumes power, he succumb to a mere threat from Buhari like a whimpering child. Today we are suffering that foolish decision by Jonathan to freely release power to tinubu and his gangs in the name of "My political ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian ".

If he had hold on to power even with the glaring bias by Jega's INEC, heaven will not fall and he would have saved Nigerians this hell they are into today.

So, any time I hear anything about this coward, it pissed me off.
By revenge, you all voted for a supposed general in asorock. He even enjoy life to the fullest while Fulani massacred your people.
When you north and west group to revenge, PRAY FOR DIVINE WISDOM
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by darkwan: 11:00am On May 21, 2023
goodnessme1:

No girls were kidnapped

yeah,ipob is not killin people in south east either....

a igbo cant become president....forget it....
you cant even understand how insultin what you wrote is to northerners....

we none igbos dont want any igbo to become president of nigeria....
and we told you that again in your faces with our votes....

keep foolin yourselves in court....
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Captain8(m): 11:03am On May 21, 2023
seunayantokun:
Your lack of firmness led to more catastrophes. During your administration, the ijaw boys involved in pipelines tapping and vandalism made life difficult for us. You didn't do well too because you were practically not in charge.
mentioned one activity of pipeline vandalism in GEJ tenure? Ignorant people everywhere
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by darkwan: 11:13am On May 21, 2023
Captain8:
mentioned one activity of pipeline vandalism in GEJ tenure? Ignorant people everywhere

haha....many still remember what was going on back then with jonathan....

their is nothing you can say today....
cost of livin is high today,but mistakes of jonathan is still very fresh in our minds....

bwahaha....buyin weapons to fight back in the black market....kiki....

we will keep on votin apc....you dont like it,carry your south eastern states and leave nigeria....
nigeria doesnt need you igbos for anything....
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Captain8(m): 11:28am On May 21, 2023
darkwan:

haha....many still remember what was going on back then with jonathan....

their is nothing you can say today....
cost of livin is high today,but mistakes of jonathan is still very fresh in our minds....

bwahaha....buyin weapons to fight back in the black market....kiki....

we will keep on votin apc....you dont like it,carry your south eastern states and leave nigeria....
nigeria doesnt need you igbos for anything....
I am Ijaw not igbo.
There was no militancy during GEJ tenure
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by Dracula123: 11:49am On May 21, 2023
J3susFr3ak:

I did not want to reply after reading your comment but something compelled me to.

The current clueless "exiting" occupant of that Asorock has had far far far far faaaar worst Terroristic events happen under his watch--all to his dazzling indifference and I dare say, both active and passive participation.

Yet, he sleeps so well at night and feels more at home in the same Asorock Jonathan had so many sleepless nights in.

Does that not show you clearly that something is very very veeeeery wrong with the current security architecture of the country and the way Abuja is currently structured as a so called Federal Capital?
No doubt, everything is wrong with the current administration and it's more worrying that the head doesn't even care.
It's just crazy. So so crazy.
Re: Insecurity Gave Me Sleepless Nights During My Tenure – Jonathan by goodnessme1(f): 12:07pm On May 21, 2023
darkwan:

yeah,ipob is not killin people in south east either....

a igbo cant become president....forget it....
you cant even understand how insultin what you wrote is to northerners....

we none igbos dont want any igbo to become president of nigeria....
and we told you that again in your faces with our votes....

keep foolin yourselves in court....
And who told you I care about who becomes your Nigeria president.

Go through my past comments and see I don't give a sh!it about that.

President or no president you usele!ss life can never be better than Igbo life.

Nwa Bin!go

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu Appoints Adamu Garba Laka Coordinator For National Counter-Terrorism / Christmas Gifts From Florence Ajimobi To Oyo People (Photos) / FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.