Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

The Truth And Lies Of The Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth And Lies Of The Churches (2458 Views)

Oro Worshippers & Truth And Spirit Prophetic Church Clash In Lagos, One Dead / Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? / Don't Be Deceived, These Are The Churches You Shouldn't Be Attending. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Nobody: 9:55am On May 21, 2023
Many Christians today have reservations about church. While some still go anyway, some have abandoned churches while others are in serious doubts about their faith. Jesus already told us what it would be like about the kingdom.

Let’s use a parable of Jesus in Matthew 13: 24-30.

The kingdom of heaven is likened to a man who planted good wheat, but his enemy planted tares among them. When the man’s servants asked to remove the tares, he told them to wait and allow both to grow together, so that during harvest, the wheat and the tares can be safely separated without harming the wheat.

Why that? Tares is Darnel (Lolium Temulentum), a weed, also called false wheat. It is hard to differentiate it from actual wheat while growing. However, it doesn’t disturb the growth of real wheat.

The word of God, as it is in churches today, is exactly like that. Falsehood is being mixed with the truth of the word, such that it is difficult to take out those falsehoods without taking out some of the truth with them. You can almost not criticize wrong doctrines in church without doing some harm to the truths therein. This is the problem.

Now, some churches have a higher proportion of tares to wheat than others. But it is your responsibility as a Christian to prove all things and hold on to that which is good (1 Thessalonians 5:21).

What should we do then?

We should grow up! Has anyone ever survived on breast milk only as an adult? NO. Even if you take milk every day you must eat solid food. Sermons and preachings are milk. The real food is when you study God’s word personally and commune with the Holy Spirit, then you won’t be malnourished.

Don’t just take in the sermon you hear hook line and sinker. Examine it critically and see if it doesn’t contradict your understanding. If it does, dig more and let the Holy Spirit give you the final point of view. He is the only authority of the word, not your pastor. “2 Timothy 3:5” says some people will have the form of godliness but yet deny the power from manifesting – that could be your pastor too.

My advice? Belong to a church. But prove everything you are told through the scriptures. Correct your leaders if need be, and apply wisdom. Jesus Christ will soon come to separate the truth from lies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Kobojunkie: 4:18pm On May 21, 2023
crows2ravens:
Many Christians today have reservations about church. While some still go anyway, some have abandoned churches while others are in serious doubts about their faith. Jesus already told us what it would be like about the kingdom.
■ Let’s use a parable of Jesus in Matthew 13: 24-30. The kingdom of heaven is likened to a man who planted good wheat, but his enemy planted tares among them. When the man’s servants asked to remove the tares, he told them to wait and allow both to grow together, so that during harvest, the wheat and the tares can be safely separated without harming the wheat.
Why that? Tares is Darnel (Lolium Temulentum), a weed, also called false wheat. It is hard to differentiate it from actual wheat while growing. However, it doesn’t disturb the growth of real wheat.
■ The word of God, as it is in churches today, is exactly like that. Falsehood is being mixed with the truth of the word, such that it is difficult to take out those falsehoods without taking out some of the truth with them. You can almost not criticize wrong doctrines in church without doing some harm to the truths therein. This is the problem.
■ Now, some churches have a higher proportion of tares to wheat than others. But it is your responsibility as a Christian to prove all things and hold on to that which is good (1 Thessalonians 5:21).
■What should we do then? We should grow up! Has anyone ever survived on breast milk only as an adult? NO. Even if you take milk every day you must eat solid food. Sermons and preachings are milk. The real food is when you study God’s word personally and commune with the Holy Spirit, then you won’t be malnourished. Don’t just take in the sermon you hear hook line and sinker. Examine it critically and see if it doesn’t contradict your understanding. If it does, dig more and let the Holy Spirit give you the final point of view. He is the only authority of the word, not your pastor. “2 Timothy 3:5” says some people will have the form of godliness but yet deny the power from manifesting – that could be your pastor too.
■My advice? Belong to a church. But prove everything you are told through the scriptures. Correct your leaders if need be, and apply wisdom. [/b] Jesus Christ will soon come to separate the truth from lies.
1. The religion of Christianity and its church businesses have absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ of the Kingdom of God. Jesus Christ never gave any man permission to congregate churches using His name in the manner of your churches, nor did He give any man permission to sit as teachers/shepherds/authority/leader/head/master, etc. over his sheep. In addition, Jesus Christ made clear that the doctrines and traditions of men upon which your churches are founded are lies that drive men away from the Truth of God, nullifying the power of God while rendering the worship of God in vain. undecided

2. The kingdom of God which Jesus Christ spoke of is not found in your churches. Rather He also described it as being inside of, and all around those who are born-again — those who have gained citizenship in it. And as Jesus Christ explained by way of the parable, while his invitation is to all sinners to enter into the Kingdom of God, not all those sinners who become born-again will turn out wheat(sheep), some of them are tares(goats) who will do the will of the enemy while using the name of God to do it. This is the only Church that matters as far as Jesus Christ. All other definitions or ideas of churches have nothing to do with God nor mean anything as far as God. undecided

3. Churches are rather filled to the brim with tares, in this case, I am afraid. No one who loves Jesus Christ — submits and obeys His teachings and commandments alone — would at the same time submit to or obey the leading of any man. Jesus Christ was clear that He alone takes full charge of those who belong to Him. undecided

4. Salvation is, I am afraid, up to the individual and not up to the will or opinion of a "we". Individuals need to decide for themselves whether their desire is for God or rather a group to belong to. undecided

5. Yet again, an antichrist resolution. undecided
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:39am On May 22, 2023
crows2ravens:

My advice? Belong to a church. But prove everything you are told through the scriptures. Correct your leaders if need be, and apply wisdom. Jesus Christ will soon come to separate the truth from lies.

Nobody can be saved without belonging to the church {Hebrews 10:24-26} but then you must distinguish between Jesus' one and only church and the rest of Satan's agents claiming denominations under one umbrella. Revelations 17:1, 15 compare to Isaiah 57:20;

So Jesus has returned in the year 1914 and the separation work started that same year as he sent his angels to go picking faithful people who are lost in Satan's deception and gather them into one religion {Matthew 13:30} as for those who just attend any religion carelessly yet claiming they're Christians when they can see that there is contradictions in what the churches are teaching surely they love iniquity so Jesus will condemn them {Matthew 7:21-23} and their destruction will be due to the fact that they never make out time to find out why there is contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines under the same (mother) religion! Jeremiah 51:13

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Aemmyjah(m): 8:26am On May 22, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Nobody can be saved without belonging to the church {Hebrews 10:24-26} but then you must distinguish between Jesus' one and only church and the rest of Satan's agents claiming denominations under one umbrella. Revelations 17:1, 15 compare to Isaiah 57:20;

So Jesus has returned in the year 1914 and the separation work started that same year as he sent his angels to go picking faithful people who are lost in Satan's deception and gather them into one religion {Matthew 13:30} as for those who just attend any religion carelessly yet claiming they're Christians when they can see that there is contradictions in what the churches are teaching surely they love iniquity so Jesus will condemn them {Matthew 7:21-23} and their destruction will be due to the fact that they never make out time to find out why there is contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines under the same (mother) religion! Jeremiah 51:13

It's needless using terms and dates that are unfamiliar to your listeners to avoid confusion, shock or misinterpretation. If we're advised to do so even when giving a talk on the platform or any assignment, how much more to those who don't understand this things at all

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:18am On May 22, 2023
Aemmyjah:

It's needless using terms and dates that are unfamiliar to your listeners to avoid confusion, shock or misinterpretation. If we're advised to do so even when giving a talk on the platform or any assignment, how much more to those who don't understand this things at all

Thanks my brother!

At times when you meet some individuals they don't want you to hide anything you know for instance this OP declared:

"The truth and lies of the churches"

I feel it's appropriate to tell him things that will ignite his interest so that he will ask questions to know more.

When i was a Muslim i love straightforward things no matter how strange or complicating it may sound to others because the whole concept of religion itself is complicated.

So once you're able to make real sense with what you have i i'm OK until i need further clarifications.
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The religion of Christianity and its church businesses have absolutely nothing to do with ...

2. The kingdom of God which Jesus Christ spoke of is not found in your churches. ...

3. Churches are rather filled to the brim with tares, in this case, I am afraid....

4. Salvation is, I am afraid, up to the individual and not up to the will or opinion of a "we"...

1. You're right to some extent. But Jesus said "where 2 or 3 people are gathered in His name, there He would be among them..." Meaning He has encouraged us to gather. But someone being a shepherd (pastor or bishop, etc) over another, He spoke against that. Yeah! (Matthew 23). That doctrine is faulty. Your first church should be your immediate family. But you can also connect with other families who also believe in Jesus - this is the essence of fellowship.

2. I never said God's kingdom is in the churches, nor being a member makes you part of that kingdom. This is one of the church lies (or falsehoods) I was referring to. In fact, the scriptures say "The Most High doesn't dwell in temples made with human hands". (Acts 7:48).

3. You're very right! Most churches are filled more with tares. I don't say "all" because I've been to gatherings that are good. VERY FEW and unpopular. But they exist. I know this because I explored.

4. I say "we" because I am not the only one who believes in the true word of God. Don't ever think you're the only one too. Remember when Elijah thought he was the only one, God told him there are 7,000 people reserved who are also true to their faith (1 Kings 19:18).

5. Antichrist is a rather strong word. I believe it should be reserved for agents of the devil.
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Emusan(m): 4:45pm On May 22, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Nobody can be saved without belonging to the church {Hebrews 10:24-26}

A statement from the pit of hell

Here is Heb 10:24-26 "Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. 25 And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near. 26 Dear friends, if we deliberately continue sinning after we have received knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice that will cover these sins."

Salvation is based on believing in Christ Jesus

but then you must distinguish between Jesus' one and only church and the rest of Satan's agents claiming denominations under one umbrella. Revelations 17:1, 15 compare to Isaiah 57:20;

But just didn't give you that assignment Instead Jesus says "Let the tares and wheat grow together" Mat 13:29-30

So Jesus has returned in the year 1914

No one knows the date even the son of his time of coming except the Father.

and the separation work started that same year as he sent his angels to go picking faithful people who are lost in Satan's deception and gather them into one religion {Matthew 13:30} as for those who just attend any religion carelessly yet claiming they're Christians when they can see that there is contradictions in what the churches are teaching

At least you can point to one or two contradictions in your organisation.

surely they love iniquity so Jesus will condemn them {Matthew 7:21-23} and their destruction will be due to the fact that they never make out time to find out why there is contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines under the same (mother) religion! Jeremiah 51:13

So anyone who doesn't belong to JWs loves iniquity when you also claimed that whatever can be found in the people teaching contradictory teachings can be found in the kingdom hall of yours cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 22, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So Jesus has returned in the year 1914

I'm not new to your kind of teachings. I agree with some of your beliefs. But not all.

About the new heaven and new earth, and the righteous inheriting the earth, I agree.
About heaven and hell, the resurrection and the second death, I agree.

About the doctrine of Trinity, I believe in God the father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.
About millennialism, the reign of 1,000 years, no one has convincingly said how exactly it will happen.

About 1914 and the great tribulation, we defer. World War 1 and World War 2 combined took out less than 1/10 of the world. But The black plague took out about 1/3 of the earth's population and that happened circa 1350. So if we're to use dates 1346 would connect more. But Jesus said all eyes shall behold Him in the clouds. It's not coded second coming, but with glory.

There are contradictions in churches. But as at now, based on those I know their doctrines well, none of them gets it right completely.
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Emusan(m): 5:04pm On May 22, 2023
Aemmyjah:

If you can decode that lie because Jesus Himself says "No one knows the time except the Father"

Jws: Jesus returned in 1914
Me: How did you know when Christ says No one knows?

Jws: From the scripture
Me: Can you quote the place.

Jws: Actually, it's the prophecy of Daniel
Me: So you mean Jesus didn't know about the prophecy before He declared that ONLY the Father knows?

JWs: Silent mode.
Me: Beside that, you said when Jesus returned in 1914 He searched around the world and couldn't find any worthy religion except some Bible students?

Jws: You're correct!
Me: So who was following Jesus upon and down to know about this?

Jws: I can't say, but it's true
Me: Waooo if you can't say, then how do you know it's true?

Jws: Silent mode...
Me: Also, who heard Jesus speaking when He pronounced the chosen of the Bible students as His ONLY group?

JWs: Nobody!
Me: Was it through revelation?

JWs: No!
Me: So Jesus chooses them without anybody heard Him speaking or receiving the revelation.

Jws: Emmmm..... it's just that the Bible students were convinced that they were chosen.
Me: Waooo so anybody can also claimed to be convinced either, right?

Jws: No! It must....(me cut in)
Me: It mustn't be anything. You stated at the beginning that Jesus returned in 1914 and chooses them, so how can Jesus choose people without hearing His voice or receiving it through revelation? It means they don't know who chooses them.

At this time both of us are mute!

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Emusan(m): 5:18pm On May 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The religion of Christianity and its church businesses have absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ of the Kingdom of God. Jesus Christ never gave any man permission to congregate churches using His name in the manner of your churches, nor did He give any man permission to sit as teachers/shepherds/authority/leader/head/master, etc. over his sheep. In addition, Jesus Christ made clear that the doctrines and traditions of men upon which your churches are founded are lies that drive men away from the Truth of God, nullifying the power of God while rendering the worship of God in vain. undecided

But the early apostles of Jesus Christ congregated, are you saying they are wrong?

2. The kingdom of God which Jesus Christ spoke of is not found in your churches. Rather He also described it as being inside of, and all around those who are born-again — those who have gained citizenship in it. And as Jesus Christ explained by way of the parable, while his invitation is to all sinners to enter into the Kingdom of God, not all those sinners who become born-again will turn out wheat(sheep), some of them are tares(goats) who will do the will of the enemy while using the name of God to do it. This is the only Church that matters as far as Jesus Christ. All other definitions or ideas of churches have nothing to do with God nor mean anything as far as God. undecided

So where can we find this church today or it doesn't exist anymore?

3. Churches are rather filled to the brim with tares, in this case, I am afraid. No one who loves Jesus Christ — submits and obeys His teachings and commandments alone — would at the same time submit to or obey the leading of any man. Jesus Christ was clear that He alone takes full charge of those who belong to Him. undecided

1. He told Peter three times "Feed my sheep"
2. Apostle Paul talks about different ministerial positions commission by the Holy Spirit.

4. Salvation is, I am afraid, up to the individual and not up to the will or opinion of a "we". Individuals need to decide for themselves whether their desire is for God or rather a group to belong to. undecided

Afraid of what?

What's different between your position and that of antichrist?
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Aemmyjah(m): 5:22pm On May 22, 2023
Emusan:

If you can decode that lie because Jesus Himself says "No one knows the time except the Father"

Jws: Jesus returned in 1914
Me: How did you know when Christ says No one knows?

Jws: From the scripture
Me: Can you quote the place.

Jws: Actually, it's the prophecy of Daniel
Me: So you mean Jesus didn't know about the prophecy before He declared that ONLY the Father knows?

JWs: Silent mode.
Me: Beside that, you said when Jesus returned in 1914 He searched around the world and couldn't find any worthy religion except some Bible students?

Jws: You're correct!
Me: So who was following Jesus upon and down to know about this?

Jws: I can't say, but it's true
Me: Waooo if you can't say, then how do you know it's true?

Jws: Silent mode...
Me: Also, who heard Jesus speaking when He pronounced the chosen of the Bible students as His ONLY group?

JWs: Nobody!
Me: Was it through revelation?

JWs: No!
Me: So Jesus chooses them without anybody heard Him speaking or receiving the revelation.

Jws: Emmmm..... it's just that the Bible students were convinced that they were chosen.
Me: Waooo so anybody can also claimed to be convinced either, right?

Jws: No! It must....(me cut in)
Me: It mustn't be anything. You stated at the beginning that Jesus returned in 1914 and chooses them, so how can Jesus choose people without hearing His voice or receiving it through revelation? It means they don't know who chooses them.

At this time both of us are mute!

We are talking A, you are talking Z. What is the need of interacting with someone who has never contributed anything meaningful to this forum?
Keep wailing
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Emusan(m): 5:24pm On May 22, 2023
Aemmyjah:
We are talking A, you are talking Z. What is the need of interacting with someone who has never contributed anything meaningful to this forum?
Keep wailing

Of course has anyone contributed anything meaningful aside your brothers on this forum? cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Kobojunkie: 5:24pm On May 22, 2023
crows2ravens:
1. You're right to some extent. But Jesus said "where 2 or 3 people are gathered in His name, there He would be among them..." Meaning He has encouraged us to gather. But someone being a shepherd (pastor or bishop, etc) over another, He spoke against that. Yeah! (Matthew 23). That doctrine is faulty. Your first church should be your immediate family. But you can also connect with other families who also believe in Jesus - this is the essence of fellowship.
2. I never said God's kingdom is in the churches, nor being a member makes you part of that kingdom. This is one of the church lies (or falsehoods) I was referring to. In fact, the scriptures say "The Most High doesn't dwell in temples made with human hands". (Acts 7:48).
3. You're very right! Most churches are filled with tares. I don't say "all" because I've been to gatherings that are good. VERY FEW and unpopular. But they exist. I know this because I explored.
4. I say "we" because I am not the only one who believes in the true word of God. Don't ever think you're the only one too. Remember when Elijah thought he was the only one, God told him there are 7,000 people reserved who are also true to their faith (1 Kings 19:18).
5. Antichrist is a rather strong word. I believe it should be reserved for agents of the devil.
1. This is wrong! Always consider and uphold the contextual meaning of verses— even soundbites.

▢ The Law of 2 or 3 witnesses— also featured in the Old Law—was never given as permission for gatherings from God. Rather, it was used for the purpose of deciding judgment where God's people are concerned.
15 “If your brother or sister in God’s family does something wrong, go and tell them what they did wrong. Do this when you are alone with them. If they listen to you, then you have helped them to be your brother or sister again.
16 But if they refuse to listen,go to them again and take one or two people with you. Then there will be two or three people who will be able to tell all that happened.
17 If they refuse to listen to them, tell the church. And if they refuse to listen to the church, treat them as you would treat someone who does not know God or who is a tax collector.
18 “I can assure you that when you speak judgment here on earth, it will be God’s judgment. And when you promise forgiveness here on earth, it will be God’s forgiveness.
19 To say it another way, if two of you on earth agree on anything you pray for, my Father in heaven will do what you ask.
20 Yes, if two or three people are together believing in me, I am there with them.” - Matthew 18 vs 15 - 20
This is another form of the same Law. Notice it was equally used in passing of judgment in cases even in the old.
15 “If someone is accused of doing something against the law, one witness is not enough to prove that the person is guilty. There must be two or three witnesses to prove that the person really did wrong.
16 “A witness might try to hurt another person by lying and saying that this person did wrong.
17 If that happens, both of them must go to the Lord’s special house and be judged by the priests and judges who are on duty at that time.
18 When the judges carefully ask their questions, they might find that the witness lied against the other person. If the witnesses tell lies,
19 you must punish them with the same punishment the other person would have received. In this way you will remove this evil from your group.
20 Other people will hear about this and be afraid, and people will not do evil things like that again.
21 “Don’t feel sorry about punishing someone who does wrong. If a life is taken, a life must be paid for it. The rule is an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a hand for a hand, a foot for a foot—the punishment must equal the crime.
- Deuteronomy 19 vs 15- 21

▢ Below is what Jesus Christ says of your immediate family as far as the Kingdom of God is concerned.
34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace. I came to bring trouble.
35 I have come to make this happen:
‘A son will turn against his father.
A daughter will turn against her mother.
A daughter-in-law will turn against her mother-in-law.

36 Even members of your own family will be your enemies.’
37 “Those who love their father or mother more than they love me are not worthy of me. And those who love their son or daughter more than they love me are not worthy of me.
38 Those who will not accept the cross that is given to them when they follow me are not worthy of me.
39 Those who try to keep the life they have will lose it. But those who give up their life for me will find true life. - Matthew 10 vs 34 - 39
The Church ruled over by Jesus Christ is not one forged in your family bonds of you but by His blood. undecided

3. Jesus Christ warned His followers never to judge things by outward appearances but rather to judge by His righteous standards. I can assure you that when you examine the fruits of those in those churches in which you claim to have found good people, not a single one of them lives according to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ as the very foundation of Churchianism which they bow to is in doctrines and traditions of men, lies! undecided

4. The Kingdom of God is an agreement between God and the individual— not groups of people—, each a single branch on the vine; Branches do not depend on each other for survival or even success. You may interact with others along the way but you are on your own. God provides to each all that is necessary for them to find Him and to accomplish the work which He has for the individual to do all without really needing input from any others. So, "we" mentality no dey Jesus Christ. There is no "team" rather it is just you and Jesus Christ— should you choose to obey Him— on this journey of eternity. undecided

5. Jesus Christ warned you that in the Kingdom of God, you have two kinds of people — those who obey Him and are hence to become Sons of God, and then those who reject Him and establish themselves as Sons of the devil, the antichrists - John 8 vs 31 - 44. The agents of the devil you speak of — false teachers, false prophets, blind followers— are humans who happen to be born-agains. They are antiChrist because they use the name of Jesus Christ to spread lies, against Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 22, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Nobody fully understands everything about the second coming and the end times!
I've read and listened to all points of views there is. But they are all just theories based on different parts of the scriptures. Weigh them against other parts of the scriptures and they fail to hold water.
The first problem we believers have is lost and hidden scriptures, and problems with interpretations. That's why it is dangerous to form doctrines around certain things.
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:30pm On May 22, 2023
crows2ravens:

I'm not new to your kind of teachings. I agree with some of your beliefs. But not all.
About the new heaven and new earth, and the righteous inheriting the earth, I agree.
About heaven and hell, the resurrection and the second death, I agree. About the doctrine of Trinity, I believe in God the father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. About millennialism, the reign of 1,000 years, no one has convincingly said how exactly it will happen.
About 1914 and the great tribulation, we defer. World War 1 and World War 2 combined took out less than 1/10 of the world. But The black plague took out about 1/3 of the earth's population and that happened circa 1350. So if we're to use dates 1346 would connect more. But Jesus said all eyes shall behold Him in the clouds. It's not coded second coming, but with glory.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, you've spoken well but there is something you're missing!

Jesus never said the number of casualties during wars will determine the sign of the end rather he gave us a composite sign:

There will be wars, food shortages, pestilences, false prophets spreading false religious beliefs everywhere, lawlessness that will make many become faithless (atheists), betrayal even among Jesus' true disciples and the preaching of the good news of God's Kingdom will be well organized throughout the earth as a group is zealously and industriously campaigning for God's Kingdom globally! Matthew 24:7-14

So when we say 1914 there has never been a time on this planet that the composite sign is noticed globally as written in that Bible book!

crows2ravens:

There are contradictions in churches. But as at now, based on those I know their doctrines well, none of them gets it right completely.

Are you saying Jesus failed to organize his group and equip them for the work his assigned to them?
Because if all the religions today are talking about the end of badness surely they're seeing some signs and Jesus can't be unaware or feel unconcerned, surely he must be doing something right now since he said:

"And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things" Matthew 28:20

Do you think Jesus has given up on what he prayed fervently and suffered to commission? John 17:20-23
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Templee333(m): 5:31pm On May 22, 2023
Aemmyjah:

A house divided againist itself!

2 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Kobojunkie: 5:38pm On May 22, 2023
Emusan:
■ But the early apostles of Jesus Christ congregated, are you saying they are wrong?
■ So where can we find this church today or it doesn't exist anymore?
■ He told Peter three times "Feed my sheep"
■ Apostle Paul talks about different ministerial positions commission by the Holy Spirit.
■ Afraid of what? What's different between your position and that of antichrist?
1. First thing first, Jesus Christ said those who love Him are those who do as He commands — not even as He did. So, if you are asking me whether Jesus Christ called you to do as the disciples were written to have done, then I suggest you explain to yourself who your true master is. undecided

2. Jesus Christ told you that the Kingdom of God — God's special Nation of Priests — is inside of you and all around you, so why are you going off looking for a place to find it at? undecided

3. undecided The command "Feed my Sheep" was in reference to the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven Matthew 25 vs 31 - 40 which Jesus Christ promised to give to Peter and His other disciples.
31 “The Son of Man will come again with divine greatness, and all his angels will come with him. He will sit as king on his great and glorious throne.
32 All the people of the world will be gathered before him. Then he will separate everyone into two groups. It will be like a shepherd separating his sheep from his goats.
33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 “Then the king will say to the godly people on his right, ‘Come, my Father has great blessings for you. The kingdom he promised is now yours. It has been prepared for you since the world was made.
35 It is yours because when I was hungry, you gave me food to eat. When I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink. When I had no place to stay, you welcomed me into your home.
36 When I was without clothes, you gave me something to wear. When I was sick, you cared for me. When I was in prison, you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the godly people will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and give you food? When did we see you thirsty and give you something to drink?
38 When did we see you with no place to stay and welcome you into our home? When did we see you without clothes and give you something to wear?
39 When did we see you sick or in prison and care for you?’
40 “Then the king will answer, ‘The truth is, anything you did for any of my people here, you also did for me.’ - [b]Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46

4. Again, you would have to ask Paul why he supposedly wrote what he did. I obey Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ made clear that He alone is a Teacher, Shepherd, Master/Head, Authority/Leader, and Helper to all who belong to Him. Jesus Christ is my Lord and so to Him alone I heed. undecided

5. An antichrist is simply one who rejects the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ all while using the same name of Jesus Christ to offer up alternative views/interpretations and ideas to counter that directly contravene Jesus Christ Himself. An Antichrist is an enemy on the inside kind of like the false teachers and false prophets, and their gullible followers. undecided
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Emusan(m): 5:43pm On May 22, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Jesus never said the number of casualties during wars will determine the sign of the end rather he gave us a composite sign:

There will be wars, food shortages, pestilences, false prophets spreading false religious beliefs everywhere, lawlessness that will make many become faithless (atheists), betrayal even among Jesus' true disciples and the preaching of the good news of God's Kingdom will be well organized throughout the earth as a group is zealously and industriously campaigning for God's Kingdom globally! Matthew 24:7-14

And all this started from 1914 grin grin cheesy

So when we say 1914 there has never been a time on this planet that the composite sign is noticed globally as written in that Bible book!

This shows that 1914 was ignorantly chosen by your leaders and has nothing to do with scripture.

Are you saying Jesus failed to organize his group and equip them for the work his assigned to them?

Jesus didn't rather we see example of how Jesus treated every one claiming to belong to Him in Revelation and Jesus Himself said "the wheat and the tares should grow together" Mat 13:29-30

Because if all the religions today are talking about the end of badness surely they're seeing some signs and Jesus can't be unaware or feel unconcerned, surely he must be doing something right now since he said:

"And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things" Matthew 28:20

But you agree Jesus was not with anybody and forgot this statement the period shortly after the death of early Christians till 1914 when He chooses your organisation leaders cheesy grin cheesy grin

Do you think Jesus has given up on what he prayed fervently and suffered to commission? John 17:20-23

You agreed He did.

If not are there true believers in Christ before Pastor Russell started Watchtower late 80's that later became JWs today?

2 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:59pm On May 22, 2023
Aemmyjah:

We are talking A, you are talking Z. What is the need of interacting with someone who has never contributed anything meaningful to this forum? Keep wailing

Do you remember the lady he found at Jacob's well?
Even though she lives a questionable lifestyle {John 4:18} Jesus took her case seriously he even referred to his conversation with that promiscuous woman as "food" John 4:34

My brother this is not the time to let faithless miscreants steal the time by responding to their faithlessness {1Corinthians 9:26 compare to Ephesians 5:15-16} that's why i only respond to the faithful OP, he reminded me of Nathaniel who asked his brother "can anything good come out of Israel" John 1:46

If he feels concerned about the contradictions in the churches like the Samaritan woman and like Nathaniel he doubts God's organization i will pitch my tent with him until i'm fully sure of his heart condition! Matthew 13:22
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Emusan(m): 6:01pm On May 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. First thing first, Jesus Christ said those who love Him are those who do as He commands — not even as He did. So, if you are asking me whether Jesus Christ called you to do as the disciples were written to have done, then I suggest you explain to yourself who your true master is. undecided

At least you can't deny that the early apostles who actually the ones Jesus Himself picked congregated.

I love that.

2. Jesus Christ told you that the Kingdom of God — God's special Nation of Priests — is inside of you and all around you, so why are you going off looking for a place to find it at? undecided

Jesus wrote letters to the seven churches in Revelation

If there's no congregation, how could Jesus do that?

3. undecided The command "Feed my Sheep" was in reference to the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven Matthew 25 vs 31 - 40 which Jesus Christ promised to give to Peter and His other disciples.

"So guard yourselves and God’s people. Feed and shepherd God’s flock—his church, purchased with his own blood[h]—over which the Holy Spirit has appointed you as leaders." Acts 20:28

The sheep are actually people in Christ.

4. Again, you would have to ask Paul why he supposedly wrote what he did. I obey Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ made clear that He alone is a Teacher, Shepherd, Master/Head, Authority/Leader, and Helper to all who belong to Him. Jesus Christ is my Lord and so to Him alone I heed. undecided

Paul received His writtens from Christ.

Or you don't believe Christ Himself chosen Paul?

5. An antichrist is simply one who rejects the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ all while using the same name of Jesus Christ to offer up alternative views/interpretations and ideas to counter that directly contravene Jesus Christ Himself. An Antichrist is an enemy on the inside kind of like the false teachers and false prophets, and their gullible followers. undecided

But this is you in picture.
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by MindHacker9009(m): 6:09pm On May 22, 2023
crows2ravens:

Nobody fully understands everything about the second coming and the end times!
I've read and listened to all points of views there is. But they are all just theories based on different parts of the scriptures. Weigh them against other parts of the scriptures and they fail to hold water.
The first problem we believers have is lost and hidden scriptures, and problems with interpretations. That's why it is dangerous to form doctrines around certain things.

This will shock you that the whole Jesus story was invented by the Roman empire after they conquered Isreal about 2000 years ago. Jewdaism is the only TRUE religion of God that's why the Jews try not to convert anyone to come and enjoy with them.

Even Kanye West a none Jew is wishing that black communities can be like Jewish communities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8EW1YbKJRw
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 22, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Are you saying Jesus failed to organize his group and equip them for the work his assigned to them?...

First we must remember almost all churches have their origins from old Roman Catholic (not exactly today's catholic church), which made Christianity a state religion, influencing it with politics. Despite the churches springing out and adopting various forms of doctrines, an apple doesn't fall far from its tree - they still have some fundamental things in common.
About Jesus organizing His group, He gave them simple instructions to teach the world the gospel of salvation, and the hope for eternal life! All these other doctrines are man-made and while useful for guidance, are not necessary for your salvation and eternal life. This is what is wrong.
Love God with all your heart, and commit yourself to His word. Love humanity and care about others, don't be selfish! These are the greatest commandments you should put to heart.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 22, 2023
MindHacker9009:

This will shock you that the whole Jesus story was invented by the Roman empire after they conquered Isreal about 2000 years ago. Jewdaism is the only TRUE religion of God that's why the Jews try not to convert anyone to come and enjoy with them.
Even Kanye West a none Jew is wishing that black communities can be like Jewish communities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8EW1YbKJRw

So the mighty Roman empire invented a story of a Jew as the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords? So the Romans "lied" that the Jews (who the Romans themselves conquered, ruled over and considered inferior) produced the savior of the world that even the Romans themselves need to submit to?
Why didn't the Romans fabricate the story that Apollo is the father of Jesus, or that he was the secret son of Julius Caesar?
Don't listen to theories without basis.

An interview video doesn't prove anything. Even Davido can be interviewed tomorrow and say that Buddhism is the only one true religion. And he will give you VERY convincing facts! [Just for example]
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by MindHacker9009(m): 7:01pm On May 22, 2023
crows2ravens:

So the mighty Roman empire invented a story of a Jew as the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords? So the Romans "lied" that the Jews (who the Romans themselves conquered, ruled over and considered inferior) produced the savior of the world that even the Romans themselves need to submit to?
Why didn't the Romans fabricate the story that Apollo is the father of Jesus, or that he was the secret son of Julius Caesar?
Don't listen to theories without basis.

An interview video doesn't prove anything. Even Davido can be interviewed tomorrow and say that Buddhism is the only one true religion. And he will give you VERY convincing facts! [Just for example]

Okay question number
1. Why did Jesus appear during the time of Roman occupation of Isreal when Rome took the Jews away as slaves?
2. Why is the capital of Christianity in Rome and not Isreal?
3. Why were the sites of Jesus Christ discovered 300 years after his ministry?
4. Why does the New Testament say: Slaves obey and fear your earthly master like they should fear Christ, when slaves are treated better in the Old Testament.
Should the New Testament not say that those keeping slaves are going to hell?
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:07pm On May 22, 2023
crows2ravens:

First we must remember almost all churches have their origins from old Roman Catholic (not exactly today's catholic church), which made Christianity a state religion, influencing it with politics.
The Catholic Church has nothing common with the first century Christian congregation!
It was after the death of Jesus' apostles that Satan established the Roman Catholic Church using the apostates that left the faith due to the way the apostles protected the congregation not allowing members to venture into politics. So those apostates left the congregation and formed alliance with the pagans of Rome then the emperor supported them. That's how they began hunting for those who will not associate with them and they finally succeeded in eliminating all those who knew the true faith. Luke 18:8
Jesus allowed this that's why he said "let them grow together until the time of the harvest" Matthew 13:30
All the pagan doctrines of eternal torment and so on were from those apostates as they wanted power and political support they buy whatever the emperor dish out to them.
That's how the church began taking their wars (crusades) to all the places where those who refused to support their moves run to and they forced many to concur while those who stood by their faith were killed!
crows2ravens:

Despite the churches springing out and adopting various forms of doctrines, an apple doesn't fall far from its tree - they still have some fundamental things in common.

All the so called churches in Christendom have so many things in common with politically oriented Roman Catholic Church that's why all of them can't succeed in making their members turn away from wars caused by racism and politics! Matthew 26:52
It was Jesus' return to restructure his group that gave birth to Jehovah's Witnesses organization that's why we totally differs from all of them!
crows2ravens:

About Jesus organizing His group, He gave them simple instructions to teach the world the gospel of salvation, and the hope for eternal life! All these other doctrines are man-made and while useful for guidance, are not necessary for your salvation and eternal life. This is what is wrong.
Love God with all your heart, and commit yourself to His word. Love humanity and care about others, don't be selfish! These are the greatest commandments you should put to heart.
The greatest commandment comes from Jesus who told his disciples:
"I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another. By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves" John 13:34-35 compare to John 15:12

The commandment you quoted WAS the greatest before Jesus established the NEW commandment only for his own disciples in addition to the old commandment.

So that WAS but no longer the greatest after Jesus commanded the New one!
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by achorladey: 7:40pm On May 22, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The Catholic Church has nothing common with the first century Christian congregation!
It was after the death of Jesus' apostles that Satan established the Roman Catholic Church using the apostates that left the faith due to the way the apostles protected the congregation not allowing members to venture into politics. So those apostates left the congregation and formed alliance with the pagans of Rome then the emperor supported them. That's how they began hunting for those who will not associate with them and they finally succeeded in eliminating all those who knew the true faith. Luke 18:8
Jesus allowed this that's why he said "let them grow together until the time of the harvest" Matthew 13:30
All the pagan doctrines of eternal torment and so on were from those apostates as they wanted power and political support they buy whatever the emperor dish out to them.
That's how the church began taking their wars (crusades) to all the places where those who refused to support their moves run to and they forced many to concur while those who stood by their faith were killed!

All the so called churches in Christendom have so many things in common with politically oriented Roman Catholic Church that's why all of them can't succeed in making their members turn away from wars caused by racism and politics! Matthew 26:52
It was Jesus' return to restructure his group that gave birth to Jehovah's Witnesses organization that's why we totally differs from all of them!

The greatest commandment comes from Jesus who told his disciples:
"I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another. By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves" John 13:34-35 compare to John 15:12

The commandment you quoted WAS the greatest before Jesus established the NEW commandment only for his own disciples in addition to the old commandment.

So that WAS but no longer the greatest after Jesus commanded the New one!

So that WAS but no longer the greatest after Jesus commanded the New one

God have mercy upon us grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The name Jehovah was coined by members of which religious organization?

The book you called the Bible was compiled by which religious organization?

Heed the below......

an apple doesn't fall far from its tree - they still have some fundamental things in common.

Do you call on the name of Jesus? grin grin grin grin

I want to see you change mouth as it concerns fundamentals grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Emusan(m): 7:44pm On May 22, 2023
MindHacker9009:

Okay question number
1. Why did Jesus appear during the time of Roman occupation of Isreal when Rome took the Jews away as slaves?
2. Why is the capital of Christianity in Rome and not Isreal?
3. Why were the sites of Jesus Christ discovered 300 years after his ministry?
4. Why does the New Testament say: Slaves obey and fear your earthly master like they should fear Christ, when slaves are treated better in the Old Testament.
Should the New Testament not say that those keeping slaves are going to hell?

All the questions he asked you, you couldn't provide just one single answer only for you to use questions to answer questions

Na wa ooo

2 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:49pm On May 22, 2023
@ crows2ravens i'm only interested in you so if you feel we should end the conversation let me know.
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Emusan(m): 7:52pm On May 22, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

But it's the same Catholic that formulated the name "Jehovah" you're using today cheesy grin cheesy grin grin

It was after the death of Jesus' apostles that Satan established the Roman Catholic Church using the apostates that left the faith due to the way the apostles protected the congregation not allowing members to venture into politics.

So Jesus failed to fulfill His promise of Matt 28:20 "and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

2 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by achorladey: 7:52pm On May 22, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
@ crows2ravens i'm only interested in you so if you feel we should end the conversation let me know.

@crows2ravens please ask this military intelligence officer, do they call on the name of Jesus Christ?

He wants to run away from the fundamentals you made mention in your post earlier grin grin grin grin

Despite the churches springing out and adopting various forms of doctrines, an apple doesn't fall far from its tree - they still have some fundamental things in common

He wants to run away....

i'm only interested in you

The creator of the thread did not create it because of you alone and you were not specifically mentioned to join the discussion. Japa if you will. No one is holding your jugular here.

so if you feel we should end the conversation let me know

You decided to join the discussion and start conversation with him and not the other way round. grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 22, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Good points on the Romans. Modern (Western) Christianity came from them.
Jehovah Witness is different from all others
Seventh Day Adventist is different from all others
Church of the Latter Day Saints is different from all others
Eastern Orthodox church is different from all others
Even the current Catholic church considers the rest of us as apostates!

Those I call Western are Protestants, Charismatics and Pentecostals. And even within those groups, they will also show you how they are significantly different from the others and give you the impression that they are the true Christians.

What I tell anyone is, believe in God the creator, Jesus His son, and His Holy Spirit (Jesus mentioned the 3 for baptism). Know what secures your salvation. Whatever doctrines you believe, on the last day, no one will need to argue because the truth will be obvious.
Just make sure that whatever you believe, take personal responsibility for it.
Your church won't save you from judgement. You will personally account for it. So make sure it's what you've awaken into through personal study and payers, and not what you're told by religious leaders. Don't accept it until you have questioned it personally, and the Holy Spirit confirmed it to you without any doubt. Until you deliberately unlearn what they taught you in church and learn everything personally, you CANNOT be certain about your beliefs in doctrines. This is what the original post is all about.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Emusan(m): 8:00pm On May 22, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

@crows2ravens I just want to inform you that this lying JWs said Holy Spirit told him that I Emusan is the same person with @Johnw47 & @OLAADEGBU here on Nairaland.

Just know that Holy Spirit of God who is the spirit of truth can't lie or inspired lies.

As I Emusan never operates 2 not to talk of 3 accounts since I joined Nairaland over 10 years ago.

So just know the spirit who lives in someone who can lie against the Holy Spirit of God.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Christian Marriage Crises Centre / A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? / The Voice Of Celestial Church Of Christ Speaks Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.