Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

The Truth And Lies Of The Churches - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth And Lies Of The Churches (2516 Views)

Oro Worshippers & Truth And Spirit Prophetic Church Clash In Lagos, One Dead / Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? / Don't Be Deceived, These Are The Churches You Shouldn't Be Attending. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Courz: 4:09pm On May 31, 2023
achorladey:

In his quest to market his religious organization he is equally demarketing it at a higher rate grin grin grin grin

He doesn't know he looks more and more stupid every day he is in this forum advertising Watchtower when people can easily Google everything about his Cult. That's why his Cult is dying a slow death as their dirty laundry is exposed every day. He thinks people are as stupid as he is. You can see he is tired of conversing with us because we beat him every time and make him look stupid. JWs are even scared of having these discussions with us because we know everything about them. He has really disgraced his Cult more and more. grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Maximus692(m): 4:21pm On May 31, 2023
Funny enough i stood by my words that i won't mention anyone here for fruitless arguments as i only came for the OP but despite that all of them are hungry and thirsty to chat with MaxInDHouse!
Walahi talahi MaxInDHouse reigns in their brains!

crows2ravens:

None of you guys have shown any traits of being believers in Jesus Christ in all these talks. See how you've been insulting yourselves for days. If I wasn't a Christian and I see this thread I would never wanna be.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Maximus692:

So far so good kò ní bàjẹ́ o
Let me see you ~ lolololo#
Bugaa wọn
Let me
Bugaa wọn
Let me see you dey buga o
Lolololo#
Let me see you
Lolololo#
Bugaa wọn
grin grin grin grin
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by achorladey: 11:32pm On May 31, 2023
Maximus692:
Funny enough i stood by my words that i won't mention anyone here for fruitless arguments as i only came for the OP but despite that all of them are hungry and thirsty to chat with MaxInDHouse!

The bold emanate from your brains and fingers. Wetin carry you enter this thread with the title church in it? grin grin grin
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by achorladey: 11:33pm On May 31, 2023
Emusan:

Let me answer for him

because he must argue by fire by force cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

Please do grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by johnw47: 11:51pm On May 31, 2023
Maximus692:

lost false jw mad max

the truth is, u puffed up liars will always attract critics
to put u in your place:

Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, that is his natural way of speaking, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

you even lie to Jehovah

Maximus692:
Thank you Jehovah!
MaxInDHouse reigns in their brains! grin grin grin grin

Ecclesiastes 7:6
For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:23am On Jun 01, 2023
crows2ravens:

None of you guys have shown any traits of being believers in Jesus Christ in all these talks. See how you've been insulting yourselves for days. If I wasn't a Christian and I see this thread I would never wanna be.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Only MaxInDHouse hasn't quote anyone here except the OP and my brothers! wink

Maximus692:

So far so good kò ní bàjẹ́ o
Bugaa wọn
Let me
Bugaa wọn
Let me see you dey buga o
Lolololo#
Let me see you
Lolololo#
Bugaa wọn
grin grin grin grin
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:

2. Sort of since none of them is a direct command from Jesus Christ. undecided

So what do you think about applying Christ's sayings/commands to my contemporary situations

eg. Christ never directly commanded that I shouldn't rape my neighbor; but I know that I shouldn't because I can apply His command "Love my neighbor as I love myself".

N.B - this is an example (just for context), so my emphasis is on the question itself and not the example.

Would I be faultless if I still did such a thing just because Christ never directly commanded that I shouldn't?
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. How can I believe in a man when I am called to believe ONLY in Jesus Christ? undecided

Since you believe only Jesus Christ's words, then why do you make reference to other passages in the Bible when defending/making your points since they are the words\traditions of men?

P.S - I'm not debating with you, rather I want to understand you.

Also, when you read the Bible, do you only read the red letters? Ie the words of Christ Himself? If/if not, then which other parts do you read + accept?

And finally; In your opinion,Is there any difference between God's Word and Christ's words to you? Or are they all the same.

Thanks. I ask these questions cuz often times I'm following what you're saying, only for me to lose you.

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Kobojunkie: 3:14pm On Jun 01, 2023
SirKoba:
■ So what do you think about applying Christ's sayings/commands to my contemporary situations
eg. Christ never directly commanded that I shouldn't rape my neighbor;
■ but I know that I shouldn't because I can apply His command "Love my neighbor as I love myself".
N.B - this is an example (just for context), so my emphasis is on the question itself and not the example.
■ Would I be faultless if I still did such a thing just because Christ never directly commanded it?
1.You must have missed this direct teaching then
27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You must not commit adultery.’[e]
28 But I tell you that if a man looks at a woman and wants to sin sexually with her, he has already committed that sin with her in his mind. - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28

2. Love your neighbor is instead a command that belongs in the Old Law of Moses. Jesus Christ told yous this.
18 You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord. - Leviticus 19 vs 18

3. So long as you are in compliance with the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, you are in the clear as far as anything else you wish to do. That is how the Law of God works. undecided
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On Jun 01, 2023
SirKoba:
■ Since you believe only Jesus Christ's words, then why do you make reference to other passages in the Bible when defending/making your points since they are the words\traditions of men? P.S - I'm not debating with you, rather I want to understand you.
■ Also, when you read the Bible, do you only read the red letters? Ie the words of Christ Himself? If/if not, then which other parts do you read + accept?
■ And finally; In your opinion,Is there any difference between God's Word and Christ's words to you? Or are they all the same.Thanks. I ask these questions cuz often times I'm following what you're saying, only for me to lose you.
1. God is True and His Word, Jesus Christ is Truth, and since Jesus Christ taught us the Law and the Prophets, it makes sense to quote the Law and the prophets even as one who believes only in Jesus Christ. undecided

2. I read your bible, in addition to extra-biblical scriptures as well. That I read them all does not mean I consider them all to be the Word of God. Your Bible, mind you, is a compendium of books that contain lies/contradictions as well as the Truth of God. The Word of God in it is the Word out of God's own Mouth — Truth— and as Jesus Christ explained, He is the Truth of God. undecided

3. God is True. His Word is Truth. And as Jesus Christ said, He is the Truth and Life of God - John 14 vs 16. The confusion, in my opinion, comes from the fact that you have probably been used to believing ideas that are foreign to scripture only that were sold to you in the name of scripture. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

In The 14th Century & Beyond Africans Never Knew They Were Unclad / Do You Support Gays And Lesbians Who Think Homosexuality Should Be Legalized? / The Fail-safe Way For You To Receive The Holy Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.