Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Is It Good To Marry Somebody That U Don't Know His/her Genotype, Hiv Status & Blood Group? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Good To Marry Somebody That U Don't Know His/her Genotype, Hiv Status & Blood Group? (1317 Views)

Poll: If your genotype is AS and your partner to be is also AS, can you marry him or her on the platform of love?

YES: 0% (0 votes)
NO: 100% (1 vote)
MAY BE: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Advice Needed! Her Fiance Doesnt Touch Her! How Can She Know His Sexual Status? / Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? / I Am Dating A Married Man And I Know His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Good To Marry Somebody That U Don't Know His/her Genotype, Hiv Status & Blood Group? by Timijo(m): 8:52pm On Sep 27, 2011
It is very disheartening today that many get marry to whom they don't have the knowledge of his/her genotype & hiv status ignorantly in the name of love. Many have ran into serious problem problem after marriage as a result of this. Marriage that was made for enjoyment now turn into daily sorrow and regret b'cos of deadly mistake. My people answer the question if it is good to marry somebody whom u don't know the HIV status and the genotype. If this happen to u what will u do?It is very disheartening today that many get marry to whom they don't have the knowledge of his/her genotype & hiv status ignorantly in the name of love. Many have ran into serious problem problem after marriage as a result of this. Marriage that was made for enjoyment now turn into daily sorrow and regret b'cos of deadly mistake. My people answer the question if it is good to marry somebody whom u don't know the HIV status and the genotype. If this happen to u what will u do?
Re: Is It Good To Marry Somebody That U Don't Know His/her Genotype, Hiv Status & Blood Group? by freecocoa(f): 9:10pm On Sep 27, 2011
No be must say all of us go open thread o.
Re: Is It Good To Marry Somebody That U Don't Know His/her Genotype, Hiv Status & Blood Group? by chibaby5(f): 9:19pm On Sep 27, 2011
^ Lol
Re: Is It Good To Marry Somebody That U Don't Know His/her Genotype, Hiv Status & Blood Group? by Mcleo007(m): 9:28pm On Sep 27, 2011
iS this a question?
Re: Is It Good To Marry Somebody That U Don't Know His/her Genotype, Hiv Status & Blood Group? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 27, 2011
have faith
Re: Is It Good To Marry Somebody That U Don't Know His/her Genotype, Hiv Status & Blood Group? by r231(m): 12:10am On Sep 28, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: Is It Good To Marry Somebody That U Don't Know His/her Genotype, Hiv Status & Blood Group? by stagger: 12:15am On Sep 28, 2011
OP,

It is either you write in good English or you write in Nigerian pidgin English. Your post is not making sense because you are not communicating in any way.

Like someone said, it is not compulsory to open a thread.

To answer what I could make out as your question, it is probably plain stupidity to get married without knowing the HIV and genotype status of the other person. Really in 2011, this should still be an issue? Nearly every church I know of demands results of tests conducted by a church appointed lab or doctor.
Re: Is It Good To Marry Somebody That U Don't Know His/her Genotype, Hiv Status & Blood Group? by claremont(m): 12:33am On Sep 28, 2011
stagger:

OP,

It is either you write in good English or you write in Nigerian pidgin English. Your post is not making sense because you are not communicating in any way.

Like someone said, it is not compulsory to open a thread.

To answer what I could make out as your question, it is probably plain stupidity to get married without knowing the HIV and genotype status of the other person. Really in 2011, this should still be an issue? Nearly every church I know of demands results of tests conducted by a church appointed lab or doctor.
Then I guess it logically follows that those married couples who didn't marry in a church are s-tupid. Those who chose not to do HIV and genotype tests BEFORE they got married are s-tupid as well. If you add both groups together, they form a significant majority; and in your own words, they are all s-tupid. Interesting!
Re: Is It Good To Marry Somebody That U Don't Know His/her Genotype, Hiv Status & Blood Group? by BABE3: 6:05am On Sep 28, 2011
Yes, it's good.
Re: Is It Good To Marry Somebody That U Don't Know His/her Genotype, Hiv Status & Blood Group? by Dondav(m): 8:27am On Sep 28, 2011
It's more like asking if it's good to cross an express road with both eyes closed!
Re: Is It Good To Marry Somebody That U Don't Know His/her Genotype, Hiv Status & Blood Group? by ebonyvibe(f): 2:18pm On Sep 28, 2011
@ stagger

really do churches really demand this na wa for nigerian churches o intruding your lifes before you ge married.

@ op it is advisable to with regards to HIV test i will asumme you are not sleeping with your presummed wife already otherwiise what is the use of an HIV test now? you should have done that before you started dating.

and as of genotype if you are really really inlove i dont think this will inder you. As i said and will reiterate it is advisable and sensible but when it comes to love all these things dont really count
Re: Is It Good To Marry Somebody That U Don't Know His/her Genotype, Hiv Status & Blood Group? by meyri: 3:57pm On Sep 28, 2011
While you at it why don't u recommend psychological testing for possible mental disorders. Also a fertility test to see if both can make babies. A DNA analysis and bloodwork for current and possible future diseases,

When you get married you going into uncharted territories you cannot map out everything that possibly happen that why you vow for better or worse. I can understand the need for HIV testing, though.
Re: Is It Good To Marry Somebody That U Don't Know His/her Genotype, Hiv Status & Blood Group? by God2man(m): 8:05am On Sep 29, 2011
Yes, you need to do the test. A good church would like to know the result. If there is going to be problem as a result of the test, then the two of you will decide, if you really want to go ahead, nobody should insist that the marriage should hold,despite the fact that the outcome of the test is negative. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Is It Good To Marry Somebody That U Don't Know His/her Genotype, Hiv Status & Blood Group? by Vicjustice: 8:08am On Sep 29, 2011
Timijo:

It is very disheartening today that many get marry to whom they don't have the knowledge of his/her genotype & hiv status ignorantly in the name of love. Many have ran into serious problem problem after marriage as a result of this. Marriage that was made for enjoyment now turn into daily sorrow and regret b'cos of deadly mistake. My people answer the question if it is good to marry somebody whom u don't know the HIV status and the genotype. If this happen to u what will u do?It is very disheartening today that many get marry to whom they don't have the knowledge of his/her genotype & hiv status ignorantly in the name of love. Many have ran into serious problem problem after marriage as a result of this. Marriage that was made for enjoyment now turn into daily sorrow and regret b'cos of deadly mistake. My people answer the question if it is good to marry somebody whom u don't know the HIV status and the genotype. If this happen to u what will u do?
That's the most silly thing to do, it should be prohibited; ie, not letting such people get married
Re: Is It Good To Marry Somebody That U Don't Know His/her Genotype, Hiv Status & Blood Group? by God2man(m): 8:14am On Sep 29, 2011
Positive or negative, either way. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Is It Good To Marry Somebody That U Don't Know His/her Genotype, Hiv Status & Blood Group? by God2man(m): 8:17am On Sep 29, 2011
Positive or negative, either way. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Is It Good To Marry Somebody That U Don't Know His/her Genotype, Hiv Status & Blood Group? by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 29, 2011
yes it is good .
it is also good to jump into a lake infested with crocodiles blind folded.
Re: Is It Good To Marry Somebody That U Don't Know His/her Genotype, Hiv Status & Blood Group? by Timijo(m): 11:50am On Sep 29, 2011
God2man:

Yes, you need to do the test. A good church would like to know the result. If there is going to be problem as a result of the test, then the two of you will decide, if you really want to go ahead, nobody should insist that the marriage should hold,despite the fact that the outcome of the test is negative. God bless you. God2man.
Your answer is the most interesting so far
Re: Is It Good To Marry Somebody That U Don't Know His/her Genotype, Hiv Status & Blood Group? by Timijo(m): 9:57pm On Jul 25, 2012
doxime: yes it is good .
it is also good to jump into a lake infested with crocodiles blind folded.
You need to do it 1st while stand watching u.

(1) (Reply)

My Galfrnd Is Making Me Sense Infidelity in her / How Do You Find Out If Ur Partner Is Cheating On You / Exchange Of Saliva...!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.