Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,464 members, 7,843,422 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday (5721 Views)

NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) / Profile Of The Supreme Court Judges That Will Determine Obi, Atiku, Tinubu Fate / Supreme Court To Appoint 8 Justices To Make 21 Supreme Court Justices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by Gajagojo: 2:03pm On May 23, 2023
There are two possibilities
They uphold the decision of the lower court or they order that the case goes back to the high court for trial
Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by garfield1: 2:10pm On May 23, 2023
Penguin2:

Lol!

Don’t give yourself false hope😎

Theres no hope,tinubu is actually winning on Friday.I am only concerned about spiritual and external influences.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by garfield1: 2:10pm On May 23, 2023
Gajagojo:
They uphold the decision of the lower court of they offer that the case goes back to the high court for trial

True
Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by Alary: 2:32pm On May 23, 2023
Tinubu's fate had been decided since 25th February 2023.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by kcnwaigbo: 2:35pm On May 23, 2023
Gajagojo:
They uphold the decision of the lower court or they order that the case goes back to the high court for trial
Oga They can equally nullify the "election" of Tinubu as president.
Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by Badb0y4lyf(m): 2:39pm On May 23, 2023
They will strike out atiku case and uphold tinubu victory as duly elect. Dem APC you can beat them only an inter party crisis can make them defeated.
Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by Gajagojo: 2:45pm On May 23, 2023
kcnwaigbo:

Oga They can equally nullify the "election" of Tinubu as president.
That is not how the law works
That is wishful thinking
The issue is whether or not Atiku has locus standi . Period
What arguments were canvassed in front of the Supreme Court?
Was there any argument about the alleged double nomination?
Did they listen to any evidence about that?
If they decide Atiku has locus then that issue has to go to trial
Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by KingPure(m): 2:47pm On May 23, 2023
I really feel your positioning and posture on this matter, but heavens know that feelings and wild probabilities is grossly inferior to the"Doctrine of Correctness" on the one side, and infinitely non-existent where and when the "Doctrine of Necessity" is called to play.

May I therefore permit you the freedom to revel in your posture of probability.

Emekaonline:
Many of you that are commenting here are bloody ignorant fellows. Tinubu might have been disqualified if this case was instituted before the new electoral act. The new electoral act says you need to have locus standi to challenge the issue of double nomination. If you are not a member of APC taking part in the nomination, you have no locus standi

The case will be thrown out on Friday. Mark my words!
Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by DMerciful(m): 3:34pm On May 23, 2023
The law has changed since then. They might throw the case out for lacking merit and that PDP is a busy body, meddlesome interloper grin
brutustech:
On 26th May
Supreme Court Justices that will determine Tinubu's fate on D-Day 26th May.

✅Hon Justice Iyang Okoro.
✅Hon Justice Amina Augie.
✅Hon Justice Helen Ogunwumiju
✅Hon Justice Adamu Jauro
✅Hon Justice Emmanuel Agim

Justice Iyang Okoro who is the lead Justice and Amina Adamu Augie were among the justices that fired David Lyon of Bayelsa state on the 13th of February 2020 over his deputy submitting fraudulent info to INEC.

The same Amina Adamu Augie of the Supreme Court in a lead judgment in 2019 upheld the decision of the Court of Appeal and voided the candidature of Uche Nwosu as governorship flag bearer of the Action Alliance (AA) in the 2019 general elections in Imo, over double nomination.

The judgment followed a suit filed by the Ikenga Ugochinyere-led led Action Peoples Party, (APP). The judgment. was concurred by the Presiding Justice RhodesVivour, Justices Mary Peter- Odili, and Ejimbi Eko and C.C Nweze.

Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by kcnwaigbo: 3:40pm On May 23, 2023
Gajagojo:

That is not how the law works
That is wishful thinking
The issue is whether or not Atiku has locus standi . Period
What arguments were canvassed in front of the Supreme Court?
Was there any argument about the alleged double nomination?
Did they listen to any evidence about that?
If they decide Atiku has locus then that issue has to go to trial
The main case is on double nomination and that's exactly what the supreme court should adjudicate upon.
Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by Penguin2: 4:59pm On May 23, 2023
garfield1:

Theres no hope,tinubu is actually winning on Friday.I am only concerned about spiritual and external influences.

Exactly my point too.

Why did the SC fix judgment on Friday that is weekend and very close to inauguration?

Again, since I came to know you, this is the first time you are scared for Tinubu and APC. Other times you have always been sure Tinubu conquering. Why not ask yourself why you are scared? What if it’s an omen?

See, I’m not saying I’m sure of anything but the forces against Tinubu can use that judgment. You know the way Tinubu has gone about his quest for power is so wrong. He thinks he can bulldoze his way to power without considering a lot of tendencies in this country.

Fingers crossed sha! But this is not looking good.
Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by Raskimonojendor: 5:02pm On May 23, 2023
Mtchew. High court and appeal court already threw this case out. I am not expecting a different result.

The last time this case was in the appeal court, 5 million naira fine was slapped on Atiku for wasting everyone's time. The fine will even increase this time around.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by Gajagojo: 5:32pm On May 23, 2023
kcnwaigbo:

The main case is on double nomination and that's exactly what the supreme court should adjudicate upon.
They did not receive any evidence or defence on double nomination at the Supreme court
So they cannot adjudicate on whyy they did not listen to
If they had listened to that the Tinubu/Shettima would have entered a defence
They didn't
The high court and appeal court did not listen based on locus standi
The Supreme Court is not a court of Original jurisdiction except in matters between the State and Federal government.
So it will address the issue of locus standi and if it finds against APC on that then PDP will be given the opportunity to state their case. at
The High Court
Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by mikool007(m): 5:33pm On May 23, 2023
Emekaonline:
Many of you that are commenting here are bloody ignorant fellows. Tinubu might have been disqualified if this case was instituted before the new electoral act. The new electoral act says you need to have locus standi to challenge the issue of double nomination. If you are not a member of APC taking part in the nomination, you have no locus standi

The case will be thrown out on Friday. Mark my words!
okay, I’ve taken a screenshot I’ll come and quote after the judgment🙏
Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by popesco123: 5:43pm On May 23, 2023
Last last omoebo go get biafra nation we the yoruba go retain one Nigeria with our beloved hausa fulani brothers from the North.

uote author=oyebanji44 post=123313189]Omoeeebo Continue fooling urself.. grin grin[/quote]
Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by 00FFT00(m): 8:25pm On May 23, 2023
sreamsense:
The judges obi-idiots among obidients will soon abuse from bottom to head. What happened to Monday judgement on live telecast after raising so much hope? You have started loosing, loosing continues on Friday for obidients

What happened to consolidation of the cases?
Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by maestroferddi: 8:31pm On May 23, 2023
Parachoko:
The Supreme Court will throw away the case because the PDP do not have the right to interfere in APC internal party affair
You be a terrible comedian...
Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by BRIMBRAM: 8:41pm On May 23, 2023
Penguin2:

Exactly my point too.

Why did the SC fix judgment on Friday that is weekend and very close to inauguration?

Again, since I came to know you, this is the first time you are scared for Tinubu and APC. Other times you have always been sure Tinubu conquering. Why not ask yourself why you are scared? What if it’s an omen?

See, I’m not saying I’m sure of anything but the forces against Tinubu can use that judgment. You know the way Tinubu has gone about his quest for power is so wrong. He thinks he can bulldoze his way to power without considering a lot of tendencies in this country.

Ask Justice Okoro. grin
Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by DRKRIZ: 10:33pm On May 23, 2023
Oga dat man is from Akwa Ibom not Igbo.
Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by Johans2023: 10:45pm On May 23, 2023
I pray what happened to Lyons in Bayelsa state to also happen to tinubu. There will be celebration everywhere.
Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by garfield1: 1:23am On May 24, 2023
Penguin2:

Exactly my point too.

After apc lost bayelsa,I was concerned about imo.after they lost Edo,I thought they would lose Ondo.sometimes I just anticipate or try to be pessimistic to absolve possible hiccups
Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by LajaLaba: 2:27am On May 24, 2023
Johans2023:
I pray what happened to Lyons in Bayelsa state to also happen to tinubu. There will be celebration everywhere.
u mean IPOB land?clown
Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by Tflex01: 4:42am On May 24, 2023
This is really not looking good I must say. These judges should not use their own personal sentiments to throw the country into crises.

God help Jagaban.
Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by Ayojideonline(m): 6:09am On May 24, 2023
brutustech:
On 26th May
Supreme Court Justices that will determine Tinubu's fate on D-Day 26th May.

✅Hon Justice Iyang Okoro.
✅Hon Justice Amina Augie.
✅Hon Justice Helen Ogunwumiju
✅Hon Justice Adamu Jauro
✅Hon Justice Emmanuel Agim

Justice Iyang Okoro who is the lead Justice and Amina Adamu Augie were among the justices that fired David Lyon of Bayelsa state on the 13th of February 2020 over his deputy submitting fraudulent info to INEC.

The same Amina Adamu Augie of the Supreme Court in a lead judgment in 2019 upheld the decision of the Court of Appeal and voided the candidature of Uche Nwosu as governorship flag bearer of the Action Alliance (AA) in the 2019 general elections in Imo, over double nomination.

The judgment followed a suit filed by the Ikenga Ugochinyere-led led Action Peoples Party, (APP). The judgment. was concurred by the Presiding Justice RhodesVivour, Justices Mary Peter- Odili, and Ejimbi Eko and C.C Nweze.

Nothing to determine. It's determined already. This is Nigeria.
Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by BeardedmeatR(m): 7:14am On May 24, 2023
garfield1:

I tell you
And you are the one not wasting your time? If you are tired of pretending and is ready to go tribal, don't hide behind any fingers.
Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by BeardedmeatR(m): 7:15am On May 24, 2023
garfield1:
As I predicted,jauro and agim are there.only ogunwumiju might dissent but the rest na one way.lead judgment will be written by agim
Useless prediction by Mr know it all.
Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by Nobody: 7:43am On May 24, 2023
Penguin2:

Exactly my point too.

don't kid yourself my guy, no force against Tinubu is going to risk throwing the country into a constitutional and ethnic crisis
Re: Meet The Five Justices To Determine Tinubu’s Fate On Friday by DaTruths: 8:11am On May 24, 2023
AntiChristian:
So of what importance is this?

Make your colleague in obidunce go attack them?

Your papa dey among them? Abi he's still busy washing your mama pant?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike / Sex Crazed Lucky Igbinedion's At It Again / Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.