Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,952 members, 7,835,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale (34662 Views)

Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Lure Peter Obi To Labour Party From PDP - Reno Omokri / Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign / Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by alimiadedayo1: 1:03pm On May 25, 2023
QuotaSystems:
Without seizing the SS/SE traditional PDP votes from Atiku using Obi, it would have been difficult if not impossible for Tinubu to win, especially with the extreme disenchantment with the APC due to the hardship from the naira & fuel shortage crisis.

Without Elupee, PDP would have won the SE,SS,NE and a good chunk of the NC & SW.

The other side of this story is how Tinubu effectively deployed Kwankwaso to suck up the nearly 1 million votes that would have accrued to PDP in Kano without making a dent on the final result.

You don’t bring dice to a chess game.
brother PDP cannot get 1 million voted in kano
Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by PoliteActivist: 1:12pm On May 25, 2023
casualobserver:

It is in my interest for you to continue to wallow in your delusions, the longer you remain delusional blaming others for your self inflicted errors the longer you remain out of power and quite frankly I want you far away from Aso rock. Atiku did not learn from 2019, he lost again, Obi did not learn from 2019 or 2023 and he will lose again. So yeah it’s all the fault of INEC, Buhari, etc etc, nothing to do with your tactical and strategic blunders. Like I said PDP got 15m votes in this election, APC lost 6m votes (from 14.6 in 2019 to 8.7m in 2023) and they still won. I don’t understand how a ruling party rigs an election and loses almost half of its votes and the opposition increases its votes by almost 50%…. but I’m sure you do.

I don't know who you keep referring to as "you". I didn't lose anything neither am I that invested in the outcome of the election. This is purely an intellectual discussion to me.
An election whose outcome was basically pre-determoned by a cabal. They needed to get just enough votes to win. If Atiku, Obi, Kwankwaso were in the same party Tinubu would still have won if that's what they wanted. No way they would have allowed Obi to become president. Atiku, maybe. As for Tinubu, we don't yet know their full plans for him. Let's watch as things unfold in comming months/years

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by Judolisco(m): 1:21pm On May 25, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Not true at all. Without Buhari and INEC non of them would have won. The whole thing was scripted by the cabal
for ur mind u think say obi go win d election?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by DMerciful(m): 1:33pm On May 25, 2023
Doesn't work that way. We have past the realm of speculations, we know what happened on election day. INEC rigged Tinubu in but the court will remove him
Morphinne:

This is why we’ve been saying that you folks are naive to the Nigerian political climate. There was widespread anger in the land against the ruling party and Buhari especially. If Peter Obi had stayed with Atiku and if Kwankwaso didn’t leave PDP, then the party would have garnered a total of about 13-15 million votes being the summation of the individual votes of Obi, Kwankwaso and Atiku himself. Tinubu getting just 8 million votes showed that that last election was the most accurate election Nigeria has had so far but una mumu too much to do simple mathematical calculations and analysis.
The party (APC) that you couldn’t beat in 2015 and 19 while you were still United, you then decided to divide into splinters thinking one of these splinters would be able to beat this gigantic monster the United family (pdp) couldn’t beat. What were they thinking?
Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by DMerciful(m): 1:34pm On May 25, 2023
They're structures of criminality including the courts
NzogbuNzogbu:
lol

But Sha don't come cursing this same court later on

That's how you guys hyped hope in Inec, today they are your enemy
Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by Raf4: 1:45pm On May 25, 2023
IVORY2009:
Propaganda as usual, we are not loosing focus, Obi is the president elect

President-elect of online Republic of twitter laughing 😃 😄 😁 🤣 😂

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by PoliteActivist: 1:48pm On May 25, 2023
Judolisco:
for ur mind u think say obi go win d election?

There is no way in the world Obi could have won that election. You think that the people that truly run a very profitable enterprise like Nigeria leave things like who'd be President up to the masses?? Don't make me laugh
Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by casualobserver: 1:48pm On May 25, 2023
PoliteActivist:

I don't know who you keep referring to as "you". I didn't lose anything neither am I that invested in the outcome of the election. This is purely an intellectual discussion to me.
An election whose outcome was basically pre-determoned by a cabal. They needed to get just enough votes to win. If Atiku, Obi, Kwankwaso were in the same party Tinubu would still have won if that's what they wanted. No way they would have allowed Obi to become president. Atiku, maybe. As for Tinubu, we don't yet know their full plans for him. Let's watch as things unfold in comming months/years

Abeg you and “intellectual” do not belong in the same sentence, paragraph, essay, or room.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by PoliteActivist: 1:53pm On May 25, 2023
casualobserver:

Abeg you and “intellectual” do not belong in the same sentence, paragraph, essay, or room.

The intellectual refers to the type of discussion, not me. It is not the usual meaning of intellectual. You can also say "academic". But I guess it all went over your head, as with most people on this forum
Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by yaki84: 2:03pm On May 25, 2023
Kukutenla:

What does winning NASS seats have to do with presidential?
Some ppl self
U sef, did u vote?
Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by casualobserver: 2:04pm On May 25, 2023
PoliteActivist:

The intellectual refers to the type of discussion, not me. It is not the usual meaning of intellectual. You can also say "academic". But I guess it all went over your head, as with most people on this forum

My friend when you make academic or intellectual debates you deal in facts not emotion. Your utterances are based on emotion, propaganda rumor, dogma etc. nothing academic or inteelectual about it. I gave you facts and figures, you are talking about cabal and you have the gall to talk about intellect?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by banku: 2:10pm On May 25, 2023
All these your fake postulations like your blind economic vomits you inherited from your colonial masters, is say your people developed everywhere in Africa and overseas.

I do not think you are old enough to know the history of Igbo billionaires when they were known as honest and hard working. Compared to your today's drug dealers that made Tinubu look like a love-vendor drug retailer.

All Igbo billionaires made their money in Lagos and the West. Some branched out to the North and other places.

Start from Pa Sir Ojukwu the father of the boy that led you into civil war, to Azikiwe the man that cut off his nose to spite his face because he could not become Premier in the West. He rejected Executive Prime Minister on a silver platter to become Tafawa Balewa's slave.

Do not distort history, your superiors are watching.

mrvitalis:

Which anambranians are running to Lagos exactly ?

The successful business men who wants to expand and that's simply because of the federal government concentration of government Infrastructure in Lagos

Name one Igbo man in the top 100 richest Igbo men that started in Lagos ....I dare you name one

South west has always been hostile to Igbos ...north has produced Igbo billionaires who started with nothing, south south has , many ...south west hasn't

All of them in Lagos today came to Lagos as billionaires from coschsris to pinnacle to saplate to next oil to orange drugs , to emzor , to landmark to zinox ...name one oga
Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by PoliteActivist: 2:11pm On May 25, 2023
casualobserver:

My friend when you make academic or intellectual debates you deal in facts not emotion. Your utterances are based on emotion, propaganda rumor, dogma etc. nothing academic or inteelectual about it. I gave you facts and figures, you are talking about cabal and you have the gall to talk about intellect?

My friend I gave you facts too. Buhari controls INEC and every legal firearm in the country. If you were the cabal who control Buhari, the people who truly run Nigeria, would you let presidency of a profitable enterprise like Nigeria be determined by the masses?? Don't make me laugh!
Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by jumper524(m): 2:14pm On May 25, 2023
DMerciful:
Why didn't Atiku win in 2007, 2011, 2015, 2019?

There's no precedence that suggest Atiku would have won. Atiku’s performance in 2019 was because of Obi, his running mate. You do understand Obi contested with LP without structure, right?
you dey whine me? Oga even if Atiku had nominated an unknown person, the southeast we know would vote PDP much more than they voted APC.
To most Nigerians, it’s all about alternatives not competence.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by casualobserver: 2:31pm On May 25, 2023
PoliteActivist:

My friend I gave you facts too. Buhari controls INEC and every legal firearm in the country. If you were the cabal who control Buhari, the people who truly run Nigeria, would you let presidency of a profitable enterprise like Nigeria be determined by the masses?? Don't make me laugh!

You did not give facts your entire premise is based on innuendo and unsubstantiated. allegations. APC got 14m votes in 2019, this time they got 8.7, these are facts. PDP got 10m in 2019 and their constituent parts collectively they got 14.7m in 2023…..these are facts. Why then did APC which lost over 6m votes, where PDP gained over 4.7m still managed to win the election? That is an intellectual debate not I don’t like your face kind of beer parkour arguments about INEc you are putting forward. Is it not the same INEC that presided over a humiliating Obi victory in Lagos, if they were rigging why did so many APC states fall? Why didn’t they rig 25% in FCT? Sometime you people are so daft, one wonders why one bothers to reply.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by mp3ree: 2:36pm On May 25, 2023
QuotaSystems:
Without seizing the SS/SE traditional PDP votes from Atiku using Obi, it would have been difficult if not impossible for Tinubu to win, especially with the nationwide disenchantment with the APC due to the hardship from the naira & fuel shortage crisis.

Without Elupee, PDP would have won the SE,SS,NE and a good chunk of the NC & SW.

The other side of this story is how Tinubu effectively deployed Kwankwaso to suck up the nearly 1 million votes that would have accrued to PDP in Kano without making a dent on the final result.

You don’t bring dice to a chess game.
You don't bring bottle to gun fight

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by asiga(m): 2:38pm On May 25, 2023
DMerciful:
Why didn't Atiku win in 2007, 2011, 2015, 2019?

There's no precedence that suggest Atiku would have won. Atiku’s performance in 2019 was because of Obi, his running mate. You do understand Obi contested with LP without structure, right?

So imagine Peter Obi was patient to be vice to Atiku in the last election after the abysmal performance by the worst President and his party, the APC.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by Morphinne: 2:38pm On May 25, 2023
DMerciful:
Doesn't work that way. We have past the realm of speculations, we know what happened on election day. INEC rigged Tinubu in but the court will remove him
You are right

Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by PoliteActivist: 2:44pm On May 25, 2023
casualobserver:

You did not give facts your entire premise is based on innuendo and unsubstantiated. allegations. APC got 14m votes in 2019, this time they got 8.7, these are facts. PDP got 10m in 2019 and their constituent parts collectively they got 14.7m in 2023…..these are facts. Why then did APC which lost over 6m votes, where PDP gained over 4.7m still managed to win the election? That is an intellectual debate not I don’t like your face kind of beer parkour arguments about INEc you are putting forward. Is it not the same INEC that presided over a humiliating Obi victory in Lagos, if they were rigging why did so many APC states fall? Why didn’t they rig 25% in FCT? Sometime you people are so daft, one wonders why one bothers to reply.

The OBJECTIVE is to win the presidency!!!!!. A tape even emerged of a woman saying she overheard INEC higher-ups discussing whether it was necessary to still not allow uploading of the live results as they already had enough states and votes.
There are places you don't and can't massively rig, obviously, Lagos and Abuja for example.
See below

Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by Raskimonojendor: 2:45pm On May 25, 2023
Angelfrost:
Sigh... Is this really necessary?!!

If it came down to Atiku vs Tinubu... Why on Earth would anyone pick an untested Dubai rogue over a celebrated albeit corrupt crook who delivered as governor in Lagos?!!

This narrative of Peter Obi being the cause of Atiku's failure is idiotic and lame!... When he ran alongside Atiku in 2019, many of you also blamed him for causing the Dubai thief to lose!

He left the party for him, yet una still dey blame am!

Let's us blame Peter Obi for causing the telling Schism with PDP between Governor Wike and Atiku... Abi that one didn't affect Atiku's campaign?!!

This unreasonable hate on Peter Obi is beyond comical! grin
Atiku would have won hands down. Peter Obi and Kwankwaso helped suppress PDP votes (which actually is the main opposition).
Even after all the shout of Obi and kwawansiya, PDP still came 2nd.

Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by Rostikol: 2:45pm On May 25, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
Without obi Atiku would have won.
den no get sense. Narcissists.
Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by Rostikol: 2:48pm On May 25, 2023
richmond500:
It's not the fact that Obi was used.
My problem is that u guys still haven't seen the fact that u were used.

This is what nollywood called "a phantom use-ment" a way of using someone that even after been used, he still couldn't come to the conclusion that he was used.

Imagine Tinubu strong business Ally was thesame person that was funding LP campaign.
They know they were used, but they are too embarrassed to admit it.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by Enemyofpeace: 3:05pm On May 25, 2023
fuckJones:
Ebuka go and marry, you are getting old
you're the one that I've been waiting for kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by Angelfrost(m): 3:09pm On May 25, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Atiku would have won hands down. Peter Obi and Kwankwaso helped suppress PDP votes (which actually is the main opposition).
Even after all the shout of Obi and kwawansiya, PDP still came 2nd.

PDP lost that election from the primaries!

Picking a Northerner after two terms of another Northerner made no sense whatsoever!

Quit blaming innocent people for the stupidity of a whole opposition!

If PDP had put their house in order, they would have won that election!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by Gerrard59(m): 3:13pm On May 25, 2023
Sukkot of the Federal Republic. grin

We told them sha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by mokwechineme: 3:13pm On May 25, 2023
lexylaw40:

https://saharareporters.com/2023/05/24/how-president-elect-tinubu-funded-peter-obis-campaign-reduce-winning-chances-atiku-oyo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rKz3QMbG1M
Tinubu May have done what u narrated but didn't know Obi would carry the day, Obi clearly won the election. Waiting for the tribunal to do the right thing
Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by ukahrawah: 3:16pm On May 25, 2023
Tinubu shouldn't be linked with PO. Drug kingpin is a criminal. Light & darkness have no meeting place.
Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by Gerrard59(m): 3:35pm On May 25, 2023
DMerciful:
You're too gullible!

So you believe Pat Utomi collected money from Tinubu? You guys are extremely gullible!

Pat Utomi founded Lagos Business School, which sits on a large expanse of land in the Lekki-Ajah area of Lagos. There is NO WAY anyone can amass a large piece of land in Lagos without Tinubu knowing that person one-on-one. It's like the Founder of Landmark Hospitality in Oniru who leased the land for more than fifty years from the Oniru Family. The same Oniru family is loyal to Tinubu. I am willing to bet that man knows or has met Tinubu more than once.

Pat Utomi will not go against Tinubu when his major investment is in Tinubu's backyard. No matter the kinship or friendship he has with Peter Obi. His will protect his economic interests at all costs. So, I'm not surprised he is said to have worked with Tinubu to scuttle Peter Obi's aspirations.

The problems with you Obi's supporters are your sheer naivety, braggadocio and obduracy. I predicted it seven MONTHS to the election that your daddy Obi will lose, and he lost woefully! https://www.nairaland.com/7225545/why-peter-obi-step-down

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by mrvitalis(m): 3:42pm On May 25, 2023
banku:
All these your fake postulations like your blind economic vomits you inherited from your colonial masters, is say your people developed everywhere in Africa and overseas.

I do not think you are old enough to know the history of Igbo billionaires when they were known as honest and hard working. Compared to your today's drug dealers that made Tinubu look like a love-vendor drug retailer.

All Igbo billionaires made their money in Lagos and the West. Some branched out to the North and other places.

Start from Pa Sir Ojukwu the father of the boy that led you into civil war, to Azikiwe the man that cut off his nose to spite his face because he could not become Premier in the West. He rejected Executive Prime Minister on a silver platter to become Tafawa Balewa's slave.

Do not distort history, your superiors are watching.

Lmao ojukwu father made his money where ? Lmao tell me u are joking port Harcourt biggest landlord as at then? Which of his company was in Lagos ?

Zik was not rich let's start from there

The fee money he made was from USA n Ghana via his radio station ,he grew up in the north

All Igbo billionaires made money in Lagos ? Lmao

Emzor ? Juhell ? Orange drugs ?
Saplate ? Oilserv? Nestoil ?
Coschsris ? Innosson ? Everyday ? Ebano ? Peter obi ? Pinnacle ? Landmark ? Tonimas ? Erisco ? Chicason ?

Lamo his boy funny ooh south west has been hostile to Igbos

Orji uzor kalu was Nigeria richest man , came to Lagos list everything joined politics yo gain it back no way .. south west has always been hostile to Igbos

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by Gerrard59(m): 3:45pm On May 25, 2023
Morphinne:

This is why we’ve been saying that you folks are naive to the Nigerian political climate. There was widespread anger in the land against the ruling party and Buhari especially. If Peter Obi had stayed with Atiku and if Kwankwaso didn’t leave PDP, then the party would have garnered a total of about 13-15 million votes being the summation of the individual votes of Obi, Kwankwaso and Atiku himself. Tinubu getting just 8 million votes showed that that last election was the most accurate election Nigeria has had so far but una mumu too much to do simple mathematical calculations and analysis.

The party (APC) that you couldn’t beat in 2015 and 19 while you were still United, you then decided to divide into splinters thinking one of these splinters would be able to beat this gigantic monster the United family (pdp) couldn’t beat. What were they thinking?

Don't mind the naive modafvkers. They are so arrogantly ignorant.

Bunch of idiots!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale by nairalanda1(m): 3:59pm On May 25, 2023
We have been f****ed.

Literally f*****ed.

Honestly f****ed.

If I say what is on my mind now, I will get banned. But all I will say is the Nigerian opposition has been taken for a fecking ride.

A real fecking ride.

angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Reps’ Speakership: Emeka Nwajiuba’s Emergence Upsets Gbajabiamila’s Ride / Amaju Pinnick And Akpo Mudiaga Odje In 1993 (Throwback Photo) / Sowore: Falana Tells NBA To Discipline Osinbajo, Other Lawyers In Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.