Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,142 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Ooni’s Handshakes With Pete Edochie, Kanayo O. Kanayo Spark Controversy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ooni’s Handshakes With Pete Edochie, Kanayo O. Kanayo Spark Controversy (1832 Views)

Ebele Obiano Dances In Public, Exchanges Handshakes With Chiefs (Photo, Video) / Gov.Ishaku returns to Taraba after 87 days of medical trip, bans handshakes / Nigerian Leaders, Politicians And Their Stylish Handshakes (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni’s Handshakes With Pete Edochie, Kanayo O. Kanayo Spark Controversy by lexylaw40: 6:03pm On May 25, 2023
The Nation NewspaperMenu
Adedamola Ogunbewon
May 25, 2023

The exchange of handshakes between veteran actors Pete Edochie and Kanayo O. Kanayo and Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi Enitan, has spurred a flurry of reactions on social media.
In the viral video shared on Thursday, Edochie and Kanayo approached Ooni’s table at Elizabeth Jack Rich’s 40th birthday party on Tuesday and exchanged Igbo “cultural” handshakes with the monarch.

Social media users on Twitter took to the comment section of the video with some knocking the actors for disrespecting the tradition by exchanging handshakes with the monarch.

Read Also: Ooni to Atiku, Obi supporters: lay down your arms, support Tinubu
President open letter
Ohers praised Ooni for showing respect to the igbo culture.

Man of Letters said: “Igbakeji Oorisa?! It’s acceptable that he received the cross-culture respect handshake with Pete Edochie because the man Pete carry, but what’s his excuse for doing it with Kanayo O Kanayo??”

Kelvin Odanz said. “Is this ceremony holding in the Ooni palace? I mean, if an Igbo man (from a culture that doesn’t bow to another man) meets the Ooni in the UK for instance, is it disrespectful if he chooses to greet the respected Oba in a way he was brought up to respect dignitaries?”

Another user Onyemauchi tweeted: “This man supposed be King for him community”

Another tweep tracesorba wrote: “Igbos don’t bow down to any man, An evolved or wise man is their our own Chi

Re: Ooni’s Handshakes With Pete Edochie, Kanayo O. Kanayo Spark Controversy by Ladiesdoctor(m): 6:25pm On May 25, 2023
I don't want to comment on what does not concern me

I don't want to provoke god's anger

Good evening everyone

1 Like

Re: Ooni’s Handshakes With Pete Edochie, Kanayo O. Kanayo Spark Controversy by nairavsdollars(f): 6:30pm On May 25, 2023
Which useless controversy

4 Likes

Re: Ooni’s Handshakes With Pete Edochie, Kanayo O. Kanayo Spark Controversy by makdcash(m): 6:35pm On May 25, 2023
cool ahead ahead

1 Like

Re: Ooni’s Handshakes With Pete Edochie, Kanayo O. Kanayo Spark Controversy by lexylaw40: 6:38pm On May 25, 2023
Oni the overall king of yoruba Land is a youth and that's y
Re: Ooni’s Handshakes With Pete Edochie, Kanayo O. Kanayo Spark Controversy by maestroferddi: 6:39pm On May 25, 2023
lol...

People really to leave their neck of woods and embrace broad-mindedness...

1 Like

Re: Ooni’s Handshakes With Pete Edochie, Kanayo O. Kanayo Spark Controversy by lonecatt(m): 6:44pm On May 25, 2023
Change is constant
Re: Ooni’s Handshakes With Pete Edochie, Kanayo O. Kanayo Spark Controversy by illicit(m): 6:59pm On May 25, 2023
I doubt if Pete will shake hands with Late Ooni Sijuade or Late Alaafin Adeyemi

This one na small boy
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Ooni’s Handshakes With Pete Edochie, Kanayo O. Kanayo Spark Controversy by lonelydora: 7:02pm On May 25, 2023
Pete is bigger than Ooni. wink

4 Likes

Re: Ooni’s Handshakes With Pete Edochie, Kanayo O. Kanayo Spark Controversy by PAWG(m): 7:05pm On May 25, 2023
Not surprised by the last comment. Must it always about chest-beating, disrespect and competition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni’s Handshakes With Pete Edochie, Kanayo O. Kanayo Spark Controversy by mrvitalis(m): 7:07pm On May 25, 2023
illicit:

This one na small boy
lipsrsealed
Pete is an Ozo title holders they don't now to anyone especially in public
Your culture ends where another man culture starts

5 Likes

Re: Ooni’s Handshakes With Pete Edochie, Kanayo O. Kanayo Spark Controversy by illicit(m): 7:11pm On May 25, 2023
mrvitalis:

Pete is an Ozo title holders they don't now to anyone especially in public
Your culture ends where another man culture starts

Whatever

Na d Ooni sabi....

I doubt if he will do that to sultan of sokoto

1 Like

Re: Ooni’s Handshakes With Pete Edochie, Kanayo O. Kanayo Spark Controversy by MrColdsweat: 7:32pm On May 25, 2023
So called ooni should have prostrated afterall, yorubas prostrate for old people.
Re: Ooni’s Handshakes With Pete Edochie, Kanayo O. Kanayo Spark Controversy by leroi01(m): 7:34pm On May 25, 2023
Senior men doing senior men things.

Hustle so you can do same, rather than commit precious hours of your life to "talking" about them.
Re: Ooni’s Handshakes With Pete Edochie, Kanayo O. Kanayo Spark Controversy by paramakina202: 7:45pm On May 25, 2023
illicit:

This one na small boy
lipsrsealed

Unless he visited him in his palace anyother place he will receive normal greeting even from me.
Re: Ooni’s Handshakes With Pete Edochie, Kanayo O. Kanayo Spark Controversy by mrvitalis(m): 7:59pm On May 25, 2023
illicit:

Whatever

Na d Ooni sabi....

I doubt if he will do that to sultan of sokoto
Ozo can't bow to sultan can't happen
Re: Ooni’s Handshakes With Pete Edochie, Kanayo O. Kanayo Spark Controversy by illicit(m): 8:59pm On May 25, 2023
mrvitalis:

Ozo can't bow to sultan can't happen

I think so now
Re: Ooni’s Handshakes With Pete Edochie, Kanayo O. Kanayo Spark Controversy by rex444(m): 9:07pm On May 25, 2023
Is ooni complaining? Is pete complaining? Birthday don come and go.....now na here una go begin cut onions
Re: Ooni’s Handshakes With Pete Edochie, Kanayo O. Kanayo Spark Controversy by lexylaw40: 8:51am On May 26, 2023
Oni just don't don't give a dam. He plays
Re: Ooni’s Handshakes With Pete Edochie, Kanayo O. Kanayo Spark Controversy by dododawa1: 9:24am On May 26, 2023
Presently OBAS are POlITICIANS not IFA choosing.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wike Hosts Rivers APC, Says "We Will Vote Tinubu Again In 2027" / Send EfCC To Niger Delta Creeks / Can You Understand This Politician English?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.