Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,997 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response (43186 Views)

I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears / I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed / I Told My Wife That The Dna Result Of Our Kids Will Be Ready Tomorrow. See What (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by siofra(f): 8:52pm On May 25, 2023
So, I told my parents I don't want to get married. I do not recommend telling your Nigerian parents you don't want to get married😹

My mom put her hand on her head and looked at me with pity lol. She said I don't have a goal in life, she said I'm empty.

My father was even more dramatic. He started praying o. He told me to kneel down and starting casting and binding all the evil spirits and his village people.

Ngl, it was hilarious. It's not like I don't want to get married though, I just wanted to see their reactions.

But why can't parents accept that not everyone wants to follow the way they did things? That I don't want a husband doesn't mean something is wrong with me and I won't be lonely because I plan on having 29 cats, a dozen goats and scores of chickens.

168 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Redoil: 8:58pm On May 25, 2023
Your choice go ahead
But note when you get to 50 years and you are lonely dont run to those small boys to come and keep you company

309 Likes 21 Shares

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Abfinest007(m): 9:00pm On May 25, 2023
Ur choice

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by God1000(m): 9:02pm On May 25, 2023
You don't know that getting married brings a lot of joy to our parents, they want to hug their grandchildren

Your parents won't be happy to live with you unmarried

139 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Benjaniblinks(m): 9:05pm On May 25, 2023
You're useless to your parent if you can't produce an offspring...

104 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Deepocean(m): 9:06pm On May 25, 2023
siofra:
So, I told my parents I don't want to get married. I do not recommend telling your Nigerian parents you don't want to get married😹

My mom put her hand on her head and looked at me with pity lol. She said I don't have a goal in life, she said I'm empty.

My father was even more dramatic. He started praying o. He told me to kneel down and starting casting and binding all the evil spirits and his village people.

Ngl, it was hilarious. It's not like I don't want to get married though, I just wanted to see their reactions.

But why can't parents accept that not everyone wants to follow the way they did things? That I don't want a husband doesn't mean something is wrong with me and I won't be lonely because I plan on having 29 cats, a dozen goats and scores of chickens.

In the real sense of your write-up, is it necessary you even get married? Cat, goats and pigs can really be your companions na. That lifestyle is really the best for you if I have to be honest with you.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by TsbAfrica: 10:07pm On May 25, 2023
What did the American parents say jare

137 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Autobot05: 10:29pm On May 25, 2023
You don't want to get married or nobody wants to marry you ?? grin cheesy

265 Likes 20 Shares

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Nehyooh(m): 11:37pm On May 25, 2023
Autobot05:
You got it grin

132 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by frozen70(f): 12:54am On May 26, 2023
siofra:

Who did this to you

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Rilwizy: 1:19am On May 26, 2023
Autobot05:

Oya oya you don catch her, can you marry her?

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by internationalman(m): 2:02am On May 26, 2023
Autobot05:

I just imagine something.

Imagine after you recently married your wife and both of you were just chilling in the bed when you accidentally glanced through her phone on her hand while she was surfing Nairaland and you saw Soifra as the username at the top of the webpage.

As much as she's notoriously hated here as a feminist and a man hater, what would you do..

I think people like her are a completely different representation of something or someone different in real life than they are on social media..

She might be the coolest chick any guy would want to end up with in real life

110 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by IkeIgboNiile(m): 2:28am On May 26, 2023
Lol...this is what they all say till your little niece picks you as her bridesmaid.

Start now to prepare for Shiloh because even those way wan marry now never see husband grin

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Illegal1(m): 3:11am On May 26, 2023
Autobot05:

omoh.........dis 1 loud.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Autobot05: 6:11am On May 26, 2023
internationalman:

I just imagine something.

Imagine after you recently married your wife and both of you were just chilling in the bed when you accidentally glanced through her phone on her hand while she was surfing Nairaland and you saw Soifra as the username at the top of the webpage.

As much as she's notoriously hated here as a feminist and a man hater, what would you do..

I think people like her are a completely different representation of something or someone different in real life than they are on social media..

She might be the coolest chick any guy would want to end up with in real life

I go off the imagination ... God nor go gree abeg cheesy

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Autobot05: 6:12am On May 26, 2023
Rilwizy:

Oya oya you don catch her, can you marry her?

If she fit wait till 2045 ... na then I go get prepare to marry cool

1 Like

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Reminderz: 6:33am On May 26, 2023
lmfaooo.. typical West mentality.... replace kids with pets.. replace polygamy/monogamy with homosexuality... replace humans with bots.. reduce the number of critical thinkers... replace geniuses with dummies... destroy the family line, destroy civilisation from within, makes the masses easier to control... lmfaooo

OP is part of their programming.. and their plans has been proved to work..

well I feel the person behind the moniker is looking for attention as usual...such a lonely depressed soul...

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by yeyedu(m): 7:00am On May 26, 2023
"I told my naija parents" u be oyibo for ur mind abi?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Postinor: 7:43am On May 26, 2023
Autobot05:
exactly,they no dey marry olosho

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by WantsandMore: 8:01am On May 26, 2023
siofra:

cry baby, who broke your heart? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by internationalman(m): 8:15am On May 26, 2023
Autobot05:

I go off the imagination ... God nor go gree abeg cheesy

Do you know her personally?

All I'm saying is that many people are not what claim online in real life.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Depriest2020: 8:35am On May 26, 2023
siofra:

The truth is that women like you always feels they hardly have need of a man, but they do. You always feel you can do for yourself what a man would do for you. The only thing that keeps people of your kind in marriage is distant marriage, cause your kind can't live with a man for 1-2yrs without walking away from the marriage. The good side of your kind is that they are goal getters, they achieve whatever target they desire to achieve.
Only men who understands your kind can stay married to you.

I know a lady way back from secondary school, she's your kind. Rita doesn't believe a man is stronger nor better than her in anything, that a man cannot offer her anything. Her husband is a medical doctor works in the UK, visits Nigeria 2-3 times a year. Rita stays in Nigeria, a very successful business woman.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by siofra(f): 8:50am On May 26, 2023
frozen70:

Who did this to you

No one. It's normal. I'm normal.
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by siofra(f): 8:55am On May 26, 2023
Reminderz:
lmfaooo.. typical West mentality.... replace kids with pets.. replace polygamy/monogamy with homosexuality... replace humans with bots.. reduce the number of critical thinkers... replace geniuses with dummies... destroy the family line, destroy civilisation from within, makes the masses easier to control... lmfaooo

OP is part of their programming.. and their plans has been proved to work..

well I feel the person behind the moniker is looking for attention as usual...such a lonely depressed soul...

People can find joy and satisfaction in the little things in life, like just waking up and showing up everyday. I don't have to have get married or have children to say I'm truly happy in life. That's all I'm saying.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by diogo23: 9:13am On May 26, 2023
siofra:

White wanna be, Do you have another parents? I told my Naija parents I don't want to get marry nonsense, when will you tell your America parents?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Goalnaldo(m): 9:15am On May 26, 2023
The day i told my mum i wont get married, she went to lie down looking moody and sorrowful, almost crying. Mothers can be dramatic ehn. She told my dad when he came back and the old man just laughed it away saying i am joking

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by diogo23: 9:15am On May 26, 2023
frozen70:

Who did this to you
Don't mind attention seeking idiot, very annoying
Help me ask that mumu what he/her white parents say

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by frozen70(f): 9:20am On May 26, 2023
diogo23:

Don't mind attention seeking idiot, very annoying
Help me ask that mumu what he/her white parents say

Lol 😂
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Reminderz: 9:24am On May 26, 2023
siofra:

People can find joy and satisfaction in the little things in life, like just waking up and showing up everyday. I don't have to have get married or have children to say I'm truly happy in life. That's all I'm saying.
you're in the stage one of the programming...

you would be still graduate to stage two, be a feminist or a homosexual, after realising you've been scammed and brainwashed with the media lies later in life.. you'll realise that the happiness you think it is, is nothing more than an illusion..

what am I even saying? You wouldn't be here creating this thread if your parents made the same choice...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Autobot05: 9:34am On May 26, 2023
internationalman:

Do you know her personally?

All I'm saying is that many people are not what claim online in real life.

At least she has exposed the content of her heart here ... Goodluck if you're after her

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Sucre6: 10:08am On May 26, 2023
Are your parents also aware that attention seeking is your side hustle? 😒

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by toujurs: 10:34am On May 26, 2023
You don't want to get married? Abi the guys you've met, have bleeped and dumped your ass off grin.

Cover up. grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Annoying Things Guys Do When Chatting With A Lady(1st Time) / Reasons Why Guys Patronize Prostitutes / She Is Going To Stay At A Young Male Friends Place For Her I.T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.