Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,031 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Was I Wrong? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Was I Wrong? (17838 Views)

Am I Wrong Or Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was I Wrong? by Kingjite1: 11:16am On May 28, 2023
Hello guys,

I am going to brief few weeks before the lockdown I joined an India factory as a casual worker for the past two years and my supervisor had a great relationship but due to changes in management the new boss and my supervisor are always in disagreement.

Majority of the period it is the India guy that is at fault always looking for a way to punish my supervisor because my supervisor is being cherished by his direct boss.

For instance, when he gives an order and the end product is bad he would deny that he never gave such order so my supervisor derive a means to checkmate him anytime he gives such order my supervisor would tell him to sign on it.

So both of them were Tom and Jerry, so he was always looking for my supervisor replacement which was kind of tough because it is very sensitive department.

So due to my relationship supervisor he has taught me alot about the job to point that i do cover dor him when he not around,so early this year the india guy and my supervisor had a heated arguement regarding a mistake cause by the india guy which attracted the india man boss so they remove my supervisor.

Later in the day i was called up was offered the role of supervisor which i decline because i consider it a betrayer to my supervisor and number two reason was that if he can treat my supervisor that way what is the guratee i won't received the same treatment.

Regardless of higher pay cause everything is not about money.

For good three days i was harass to take up the job but i stood my ground that he better sack me than to take the position then .

When he saw that i was not going to take the job my supervisor was called back to work.

After that incident the india man has been like someone pour a tank of cold water on him.

He no longer shout at workers again it just an overnight change which really suprise everyone.

191 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Was I Wrong? by yomi007k(m): 12:07pm On May 28, 2023
You said it all..

If you had been supervisor, he would have treated you the same way and you would have been sacked.

Since you rejected the post,your supervisor was called back and his attitude has changed which is the way it ought to be.

Nice one. I think you should let your supervisor know the truth tho incase the india guy tries to hunt you in the future.

200 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Was I Wrong? by Cerebellum: 1:06pm On May 28, 2023
You've done well.

Betrayal is what most people do at the process of gaining power, money and fame, only few can withstand the temptation.
But! For every deed, there's a reward and consequences, I hope you comprehend this.

112 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Was I Wrong? by Visvangel(m): 10:22am On May 29, 2023
That's courage! Worthy of praise.

134 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Was I Wrong? by QuinModah(f): 11:55am On May 30, 2023
Loyalty pays.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Was I Wrong? by Obaman12: 5:46pm On May 30, 2023
As faithful as the wise servant that multiplied the master's wealth, you did so well.

The Lord bless you and cause you to excel above your master's level, amen.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Was I Wrong? by TalkTalkTwins(m): 5:46pm On May 30, 2023
yes
Re: Was I Wrong? by sojayy(m): 5:46pm On May 30, 2023
Him boss don slam am with incompetency....... D respect u have for ur supervisor save him his work.....you did well.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Was I Wrong? by MorolayoVictor(m): 5:47pm On May 30, 2023
Very wrong...

Let me go and read your epistle before I continue.

3 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong? by TalkTalkTwins(m): 5:47pm On May 30, 2023
Very very wrong
Re: Was I Wrong? by FuckTheMod: 5:47pm On May 30, 2023
tongue
Re: Was I Wrong? by TalkTalkTwins(m): 5:47pm On May 30, 2023
True true wetin you do no good sad
Re: Was I Wrong? by FuckTheMod: 5:47pm On May 30, 2023
Yes
No
Maybe

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong? by Benjaniblinks(m): 5:48pm On May 30, 2023
You Try joor 👍

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was I Wrong? by abobote: 5:48pm On May 30, 2023
That was brave and rare

Kodus for single handedly restoring normalcy in the office

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was I Wrong? by Okiton: 5:48pm On May 30, 2023
You are a nicer guy and u must be an Obident citizen cos it's only an Obident citizen that can pay this loyalty to this extreme core.
Agbado won't have jumped on the offer and betrayed his master even to dead, I mean same people who are motivated by a drug lord, a common criminal who forfeited his wealth to the US government due to illicit drug business

22 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong? by datola: 5:48pm On May 30, 2023
You are loyal man and God will reward you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was I Wrong? by UptownVibes(m): 5:49pm On May 30, 2023
You will go places .. Guinness Book of records loading.... First man,that was not wrong.. undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was I Wrong? by timefarm(m): 5:49pm On May 30, 2023
Commendable action by you.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Was I Wrong? by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 30, 2023
You did well but don't be too carried away. Indians are the worst sets of guys to work with. They are overtly emotional individuals with a slave labour kind of mentality.

They are riding us in this country because of massive unemployment coupled with the fact that Nigeria has a poor labour policy.

They dislike anything like Labour Union or solidarity within the workforce.

His sudden change in attitude is imminently laden. These animals don't change like that, the man has other things up his sleeves. Don't be caught unawares. Recall that the company producing Lacasera sacked all his employees in one single day!

All will be well

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Was I Wrong? by OgbeniOja1: 5:51pm On May 30, 2023
So why is this on the front page?? Especially now fuel is 600 naira.
Re: Was I Wrong? by pikechukwu6(m): 5:51pm On May 30, 2023
Why the question?
Re: Was I Wrong? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 5:51pm On May 30, 2023
Good of you
Re: Was I Wrong? by Sablexxxtoons: 5:52pm On May 30, 2023
You are a real man, let me tell you, your actions don make them dey look at you for a higher post

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was I Wrong? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 5:52pm On May 30, 2023
OgbeniOja1:
So why is this on the front page??
just for you to learn and not to be a betrayer

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was I Wrong? by PussyKing(m): 5:52pm On May 30, 2023
M
Re: Was I Wrong? by SPRINCE001: 5:52pm On May 30, 2023
Yes
Re: Was I Wrong? by Jozilinn: 5:53pm On May 30, 2023
You did well cos it was either you became a betrayer,lost your job and still face the nitwit of an Indian,now he knows his place and won't try anything anymore like trying to mix business with pleasure.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was I Wrong? by Landowner101(m): 5:54pm On May 30, 2023
Do your kind still exist in Nigeria ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was I Wrong? by Emmaxmusic(m): 5:54pm On May 30, 2023
What you did is right only few can do it I celebrate you you are going places

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? / Top 5 Ways To Help Build Up Your Self Respect At Work / My Former Employer Is About To Cheat Me, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.