Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,571 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill (5877 Views)

Senate Starts Probing Obasanjo's To Jonathan Administration Over Power Fund / US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage / Abati Is A Product Of Same-Sex Marriage” – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by aloyemeka1: 8:39pm On Sep 28, 2011
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
[size=14pt]Senate Deliberates On Bill Prohibiting Same-Sex Marriage[/size]

A bill prohibiting same sex marriage scaled the second reading at the Senate yesterday Tuesday Sept 27th, as senators described the act as ungodly, morally and religiously unacceptable.

Why are they even debating it in the Senate? It's not like the issue of giving rights to gay people has ever been considered in Nigeria. And are gay people even asking for rights to marry themselves? If some Nigerians can justify three women being tortured and treated like animals just for being lesbians, then I don't think our society is ready for gay marriage, let them debate something else biko!

http://lindaikeji..com/2011/09/senate-deliberates-on-bill-prohibiting.html
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by ChinenyeN(m): 8:46pm On Sep 28, 2011
undecided Seriously? They won't debate poor infrastructure, but they will debate gay marriage?
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by aloyemeka1: 8:47pm On Sep 28, 2011
ChinenyeN:

undecided Seriously? They won't debate poor infrastructure, but they will debate man-lover marriage?

Is that not important enough to deliberate?.
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by ChinenyeN(m): 11:10pm On Sep 28, 2011
No. It isn't.
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by aloyemeka1: 12:14am On Sep 29, 2011
ChinenyeN:

No. It isn't.

So we should behave as if its all good on homos3xuals in Nigeria?. Why can't we discuss serious social issues like this?. Are you homophobic like Kobojunkie?.
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by ChinenyeN(m): 12:57am On Sep 29, 2011
Homos are not on the same level as Infrastructure Development.
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by aloyemeka1: 1:19am On Sep 29, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Homos are not on the same level as Infrastructure Development.

Human beings are not on the same level with infrastructures?.
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by obowunmi(m): 2:38am On Sep 29, 2011
Of all the important things to be discussing, Mtcsheeew!
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by ChinenyeN(m): 3:00am On Sep 29, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Human beings are not on the same level with infrastructures?.
Wow. I'm sure you think you're a slick character by twisting my sentence like that. Anyway, the Homo issue is a social topic ranking very low on the totem pole. Simple truth. Infrastructure development takes precedence over it.
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by hollandis(f): 8:09am On Sep 29, 2011
foolish people, angry smh
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by Osama10(m): 8:11am On Sep 29, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Wednesday, September 28, 2011
[size=14pt]Senate Deliberates On Bill Prohibiting Same-Sex Marriage[/size]

A bill prohibiting same sex marriage scaled the second reading at thee Senate yesterday Tuesday Sept 27th, as senators described the act as ungodly, morally and religiously unacceptable.

Why are they even debating it in the Senate? It's not like the issue of giving rights to man-lover people has ever been considered in Nigeria. And are man-lover people even asking for rights to marry themselves? If some Nigerians can justify three women being tortured and treated like animals just for being lady-loving-ladies, then I don't think our society is ready for man-lover marriage, let them debate something else Biko!

http://lindaikeji..com/2011/09/senate-deliberates-on-bill-prohibiting.html

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

We are finished in this country, so of all the problems facing Nigeria today its same sex marriage that is our problem.

Boko haram were are you guys please?
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 29, 2011
I wish boko haram can bomb these useless people.Of all the problems in Nigeria,the most important to the Nigeria senate of iddiots is a bill to legalize ho-mosexuality ? shocked nigerians don suffer !
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by Ayowumie(m): 8:28am On Sep 29, 2011
~Bluetooth:

I wish boko haram can bomb these useless people.Of all the problems in Nigeria,the most important to the Nigeria senate of iddiots is a bill to legalize ho-mosexuality ? shocked nigerians don suffer !
It is a bill to illegalise same sex marriage.
Same sex marriage has an option is something that has not been openly discussed in Nigeria. So, why should the House bother itself? They are bunch irresponsible law makers. I dont see any reason for this bill though judging from the numerous happenings threatening our existence as a nation.
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by Gbenge77(m): 8:31am On Sep 29, 2011
Witless people.
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 29, 2011
Ayowumie:

It is a bill to illegalise same sex marriage.
Same sex marriage has an option is something that has not been openly discussed in Nigeria. So, why should the House bother itself? They are bunch irresponsible law makers. I dont see any reason for this bill though judging from the numerous happenings threatening our existence as a nation.
Why should they embark on a worthless mission when their are urgent issues that need to be addressed.I guess it's just to divert the attentions of Nigeria from the boko harams !
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by Abujabir24: 8:57am On Sep 29, 2011
I tot dey said its democracy wich is freedom. Sharia shld be brought 2 nija
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by Jenticles(f): 8:58am On Sep 29, 2011
Same sex marriage hehehe i'm sure most of them practice it so why won't them debate about it, i don't no where dis country is heading 2 may God help us all.
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by Jenticles(f): 9:00am On Sep 29, 2011
Same sex marriage hehehe i'm sure most of them practice it so why won't them debate about it, i don't no where dis country is heading 2 may God help us all.
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by mirob(f): 9:08am On Sep 29, 2011
It is these same hypocritical senetors that brings two or more girls to their hotel rooms and ask them to be romancing each other. Of all things to deliberate on, rubbish.
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by AJCB(m): 9:14am On Sep 29, 2011
how does that put food on the table of million of hungry nigerians, how does that stop the unnecessary death in highways and hospitals due to govtment negligence,
am sure those senators have ran out of ideas to debate about!
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 29, 2011
mirob:

It is these same hypocritical senetors that brings two or more girls to their hotel rooms and ask them to be romancing each other. Of all things to deliberate on, rubbish.
Hmm. . .how did you know ? Do you do aristos ?
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by blackpanda: 9:24am On Sep 29, 2011
THESE SO CALLED "SENATORS" ARE BIG FOOLS! Sorry to say
First of all, same sex relations are already criminalised under the criminal/penal code respectively, so the issue of marriage should not even arise in the first place!
Secondly, i dont see any same sex movement clamouring for marriage rights, to warrant the senate "pretending" to be engaged in a debate on the matter.
Thirdly, there are no special benefits attached to marriages in nigeria, in the first place, so who gives a damn if the prohibit a goat from marrying a hen?!!!
On the other hand, Nigeria is pressed with serious burning issues that need urgent attention, rather than wasting time n a bill that is not beneficial to anybody on the long run.
Further, if the claim to be engaging i a "debate", i hope they are able to hear from both sides of the coin, Otherwise this would just be a venture of wasted energy, manpower and resources.

The fact is Nigeria is generally a homophobic nation, which prefers to rely on unsubstantiated assumptions and subjective opinion rather than cold hard facts.
I wish i can be given the opportunity of communicating with these morons who loiter the corridors of power, claiming to be serving the people.
Mtscheeew !!
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by hassymo5(m): 9:35am On Sep 29, 2011
These people are not serious. wasting our money debating on issues like this, God help Nigeria!!!!
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by bisiaet: 9:42am On Sep 29, 2011
Can we all see useless and irrelevant law makers we have in this country. Is this what a serious lawmakers in a country that is suffering from everything be talking about? Can you all now see the kind of silly, I D I O T S , time wasters, resources wasters, energy wasters senators we have in Nigeria debating nonsense absolute nonsense!
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by DrummaBoy(m): 10:03am On Sep 29, 2011
Well I hope NA members get to read all this
D people's parliament on NL reject D bill
So who are U representing?
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by DrummaBoy(m): 10:04am On Sep 29, 2011
Abeg make somebody give this lawmakers/breakers work to do
They are apparently jobless!
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by rareman(m): 10:10am On Sep 29, 2011
well this is not bad in itself, but there are more pressing need for nigeria than that, well how much is it again per sitting
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by bisiaet: 10:13am On Sep 29, 2011
Abeg make somebody give this lawmakers/breakers work to do
They are apparently jobless!

Very, very and very jobless mischiefmakers called lawmakers.

They are not passing bill on Security
No bill on unemployemet
No bill on Electricity
No bill on good road
No bill on rotten education system
No bill on good water for the populace
No bill on good health for all e.t.c
BUT bill on disgusting abominable act, I can now see joblesness is a "SIN" if they have nothing to talk about please Mr, Alhaji, Chief Senators kindly close shop and go home and stop annoying people any how with your insensitiveness please Go home!!!!!!!!
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by superior1: 10:54am On Sep 29, 2011
They are the highest paid in the World yet they are the most stupid in the World. What an irony?
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by aloyemeka1: 11:22am On Sep 29, 2011
~Bluetooth:

[b]I wish boko haram can bomb these useless peopl[/b]e.Of all the problems in Nigeria,the most important to the Nigeria senate of iddiots is a bill to legalize ho-mosexuality ? shocked nigerians don suffer !

So Boko Haram can be useful after all?. Very soon our politicians will start using them to bomb unfavorable ballots during elections.
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by litusista(f): 11:23am On Sep 29, 2011
this is so dumb. this leaders are so unbelievable. May God deleiver this country from strange and confused leaders,
is this d next issue to be having a debate on?
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by obukokwois: 11:30am On Sep 29, 2011
MY PPLE DS NA 2TELL UNA HOW IRRESPONSIBLE.USELESS,JOBLESS N IF I MAY SAY IDEALESS BASTARDS DS PPLE CUD B,OF ALL D WAHALA WAY 9JA GET NA SAME SEX BILL DEY CHOSE 2DEBATE ON.SECURITY WAY DON TIA 9JA APART FINNISH AT DS TYME OF OUR NATIONA LIFE,DEM NO C D NID 2TOK ABOT IT,U CDS PPLE SOOOOOOOOOOOO?SINCE SOME OF DEM DEY DO THEIR SELVES "YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" DEM NO GO TOK ABOT IT ASK ME?ABEGIIII!ALL MAN 4 HIM SEF NA HIM WE DEY OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should Nigerian Governors' Forum Be Banned Or Disbanded? / Happy Independent: What Are We Doing In Our Own Way To Make Nigeria Better.? / Breaking: Ipob Releses Biafra Fundamental Principles And Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.