Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill (5886 Views)

Senate Starts Probing Obasanjo's To Jonathan Administration Over Power Fund / US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage / Abati Is A Product Of Same-Sex Marriage” – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by smoothlips(m): 11:44am On Sep 29, 2011
[ Seriously? They won't debate poor infrastructure, but they will debate man-lover marriage?]
are you guys saying they shouldn't debate it?, i will take it that u don't know how real a threat HOMOSEXUALS are to our society shocked
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by aloyemeka1: 11:45am On Sep 29, 2011
litusista:

this is so dumb. this leaders are so unbelievable. May God deleiver this country from strange and confused leaders,
is this d next issue to be having a debate on?
Stop calling God in anything concerning Nigeria o.
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by blackpanda: 11:53am On Sep 29, 2011
smoothlips:

[ Seriously? They won't debate poor infrastructure, but they will debate man-lover marriage?]
are you guys saying they shouldn't debate it?, i will take it that u don't know how real a threat HOMOSEXUALS are to our society shocked
Please enlighten us, how are homosexuals a THREAT to society?
Oya,
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 29, 2011
aloy/emeka:

So Boko Haram can be useful after all?. Very soon our politicians will start using them to bomb unfavorable ballots during elections.
I would have cared less if boko harams were killing our useless politicians !
blackpanda:

Oya,
Oya ko,sango ni.
Homo-sexuality is not a Nigeria thing and it will remains so.if you are looking for enlightenment,use google !
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by norrisman: 12:36pm On Sep 29, 2011
Are homosexuals 'worse' than polygamists. Who made these mofos the moral police? Many of them are polygamists. I wonder why they are not debating criminalising that practise as well. As panda said, same sex relationships are already criminalized so I cant understand why they are even debatting this same sex marriage issue. Our reps and senators just watch CNN and Sky News and follow follow what they see them doing in the US senate and UK parliament. In these 2 countries, homosexualism isnt a crime which gave rise to to people in same sex relationships clamouring for the same marriage rights as heterosexual couples hence the debates they had in these countries. There is absolutely no need to debate it in Nigeria as the relationship which could have led anyone to thinking of same sex marriage is already outlawed.
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by smoothlips(m): 12:37pm On Sep 29, 2011
oya
1.If they don't take a stand now, soon our streets will be filled with all sorts of thight pants wearing guys and gals demostrating for right to f@#%k and marry same sex.
2. we all saw this boko haram bombing thing coming, but because nobody bothered before hand to take a stand, now we have Mad pips wit bomb and finance,
conclusion
if you pretend is not a threat now, soon u be either buying metal pants or wondering why ur husband left you for his best male friend tongue
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 29, 2011
smoothlips:

oya
1.If they don't take a stand now, soon our streets will be filled with all sorts of thight pants wearing guys and gals demostrating for right to f@#%k and marry same sex.
2. we all saw this boko haram bombing thing coming, but because nobody bothered before hand to take a stand, now we have Mad pips wit bomb and finance,
conclusion
if you pretend is not a threat now, soon u be either buying metal pants or wondering why your husband left you for his best male friend tongue
Lol
this your conclusion na wao grin metal pants shocked
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by blackpanda: 12:44pm On Sep 29, 2011
~Bluetooth:

I would have cared less if boko harams were killing our useless politicians ! Oya ko,sango ni.
Homo-sexuality is not a Nigeria thing and it will remains so.if you are looking for enlightenment,use google !

Well, i dont intend to engage in a lengthy argument with you, because frankly i dnt have the time at the moment. But, the fact is homosexual are here, and there is nothing any law or the govt can do to change that. Sexuality has nothing to do with skin colour, nationality of race. You, my friend should be the one making adequate use of google.
It was only few ages ago that our forefathers also argued that twins were "not a nigerian thing". Today, many families know better and will do anything to get twins.
The only constant thing in life is change, u either adapt or be swept away into the dusts of historical oblivion!
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by blackpanda: 12:54pm On Sep 29, 2011
smoothlips:

oya
conclusion
if you pretend is not a threat now, soon u be either buying metal pants or wondering why your husband left you for his best male friend tongue

Ok, this is one of the dumbest posts i've read on nairaland. The premises just dont add up. What has boko haram got to do with same sex marriage?
By the way, in case you dont already knw, the streets are already filled with pple wearing tight pants! While am not a fan of it, i also know it has little to do with sexuality. David beckam wears, tyson beckford etc. Are u saying they are gay too?, With regards to marriage, wld u allow ur sister to stay married to a gay man. Is it better to "force" the marriage, meanwhile the guy is trooping in and out with male lovers?
Pls do more research b4 posting op!
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 29, 2011
blackpanda:

Well, i dont intend to engage in a lengthy argument with you, because frankly i dnt have the time at the moment. But, the fact is Same-sex are here, and there is nothing any law or the govt can do to change that. Sexuality has nothing to do with skin colour, nationality of race. You, my friend should be the one making adequate use of google.
It was only few ages ago that our forefathers also argued that twins were "not a nigerian thing". Today, many families know better and will do anything to get twins.
The only constant thing in life is change, u either adapt or be swept away into the dusts of historical oblivion!
That change will never come as regards homo-sexuality in africa and nigeria specific.the fact that atheism is not an african thing also contributes to it's opposition cuz you will either find a nigerian that is either a muslim,christain or traditionalist and all three religions forbids homo-sexuality.so what else are you going to spew out ?
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by smoothlips(m): 1:05pm On Sep 29, 2011
But, the fact is Same-sex are here, and there is nothing any law or the govt can do to change that. Sexuality has nothing to do with skin colour, nationality of race.

My Point

I can't tell u how chilly if felt when another Man asked me out on a flight from Abuja to Lagos, he even had the gutts to tell me he is a shy person, Dude if we don't stop it now by 2015, ur Kid broda will bring another Man Home for traditional marry, then you will konw angry
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by blackpanda: 1:08pm On Sep 29, 2011
~Bluetooth:

That change will never come as regards homo-sexuality in africa and nigeria specific.the fact that atheism is not an african thing also contributes to it's opposition cuz you will either find a nigerian that is either a muslim,christain or traditionalist and all three religions forbids homo-sexuality.so what else are you going to spew out ?

Here again u have ventured to spew utterly baseless and unfounded comments. Nigeria is a secular country, and there is no where in our constitution where it says you must be either christian, muslim or a traditionalist. In fact there is a growing population in nigeria of pple who do not belong to any of the above. What has religion really contributed to the nigerian society. Is it the ridiculously rich and corrupt business men who cloak their activities under the guise of being a "pastor" or fake imams and traditionalists who wld do almost anything for money and power? Upon all the church and mosque we are attending, we are still one of the most corrupt nations in the world! See the lavish cars and properties our public servants acquire, all in the name of serving the masses. Are these pple not christians, muslims and traditionalists?
But aside from that, sexuality has nothing to do with religion. There are many homosexual christians, muslims and traditionalists all over the world.
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by blackpanda: 1:13pm On Sep 29, 2011
smoothlips:

My Point

I can't tell u how chilly if felt when another Man asked me out on a flight from Abuja to Lagos, he even had the gutts to tell me he is a shy person, Dude if we don't stop it now by 2015, your Kid broda will bring another Man Home for traditional marry, then you will konw angry

Em, and after they marry what will happen. Will the world come to an end? Will i stop breathing? Pls enlighten me, i need to know the disadvantages of same sex union to the society. I need practical answers, not answers based on sentiments and subjective opinions on what is simply popular deemed to be "normal".

Maybe we shld even have a fair debate here sef, on NL and save the useless lawmakers the time and energy
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by bisiaet: 1:28pm On Sep 29, 2011
They are the highest paid in the World yet they are the most silly in the World. What an irony?

They are the biggest of all silly heads ever existed.

this is so dumb. this leaders are so unbelievable. May God deleiver this country from strange and confused leaders,
is this d next issue to be having a debate on?

They are never a leader but some set of irresponsible, clueless, lazy, unitelligent, dumbs, brainlock Boloks out there.
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by Yorubaman2: 1:36pm On Sep 29, 2011
I can not debate with a someone using a HOMOse xual  moniker  called  blackpanda -  grin

blackpanda ko corba ni  - abi  you be por n star  -  shocked

i have seen it all on NL    shocked
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 29, 2011
blackpanda:

Here again u have ventured to spew utterly baseless and unfounded comments. Nigeria is a secular country, and there is no where in our constitution where it says you must be either christian, muslim or a traditionalist. In fact there is a growing population in nigeria of pple who do not belong to any of the above. What has religion really contributed to the nigerian society. Is it the ridiculously rich and corrupt business men who cloak their activities under the guise of being a "pastor" or fake imams and traditionalists who wld do almost anything for money and power? Upon all the church and mosque we are attending, we are still one of the most corrupt nations in the world! See the lavish cars and properties our public servants acquire, all in the name of serving the masses. Are these pple not christians, muslims and traditionalists?
But aside from that, sexuality has nothing to do with religion. There are many Same-sex christians, muslims and traditionalists all over the world.
You won so let me leave you to wallow in your self-made mojo !
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by SIRNIMS(m): 1:57pm On Sep 29, 2011
Hypocrisy at the highest level!!! When a gay is saying he need not marry, how will that affect the common masses.
Nigerian will never stop amazing me. They focus on chopping and when they want to be busy ,it is usually on frivolities.
Allah is watching and everyman shall be rewarded for an atom of that which he does –good or bad
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by smoothlips(m): 2:15pm On Sep 29, 2011
The premises just dont add up. What has boko haram got to do with same sex marriage?
the emphasis is on taking a stand, Boko haram reps Terriorism. u don't look at the big picture, do u?, a few months back some african countries were making a case for same sex liberty, so no action= same sex liberty soon. the same way no action= home grown terriorism(boko haram).
And one more thing change ur Role Model, David Beckham,
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by kholis(m): 2:21pm On Sep 29, 2011
OMG! why cant someone just do me a great favour and throw in a bomb in the midst of these God-forsaken, law-making bastards? Those elements of misplaced priorities, egocentric idiots, unparalleled set of unisex animals and associated bane of the nation. NONESENSE!
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by zibe(m): 2:46pm On Sep 29, 2011
They should have probably debated on prohibiting the kind of food i cook in my house. SMH. I wonder if any guy was advocating for marrying another guy in the first place. misplace of priorities
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by smoothlips(m): 2:48pm On Sep 29, 2011
OMG! why cant someone just do me a great favour and throw in a bomb in the midst of these God-forsaken, law-making bastards? Those elements of misplaced priorities, egocentric idiots, unparalleled set of unisex animals and associated bane of the nation. NONESENSE!

Dude did u even read the topic for discussion?, jus com here dey speak grammer, what is your take on d matter been discussed? angry
are u for or against the bill?
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by Okijajuju1(m): 3:14pm On Sep 29, 2011
Its not like we need a bill to illegalize f@ggot weddings,

For starters, no church would wed h0m0's, secondly, Nigerians would lynch any hom0 they see,

Nigeria is a H0mo free zone, F@ggots beware,
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by kholis(m): 3:41pm On Sep 29, 2011
@Smoothlips. Dude, I did not speak 'grammer' against you. oK? My take is that the pressing priorities of this country have been relegated to the background and less relevant issues have been elevated as heated discourse in the HOUSE. THE BILL WOULD NOT HAVE COME UP IN THE FIRST PLACE. No hard feelings.
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by smoothlips(m): 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2011
@Smoothlips. Dude, I did not speak 'grammer' against you. oK? My take is that the pressing priorities of this country have been relegated to the background and less relevant issues have been elevated as heated discourse in the HOUSE. THE BILL WOULD NOT HAVE COME UP IN THE FIRST PLACE. No hard feelings.

no offence bro, my bad! embarassed
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by Panzastrip(m): 4:37pm On Sep 29, 2011
TUFIA ARU EME
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by Yeske2(m): 7:17pm On Sep 29, 2011
So obvious these guys are jobless even with the myriad of problems we have they even have time for this. JOBLESSNESS is a sin.
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by NegroNtns(m): 7:32pm On Sep 29, 2011
@OP,

You are just as useless as the congressmen for bringing the issue here to us.
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by Jluvu: 8:21pm On Sep 29, 2011
It`s now crystal clear, that we have no senators, but bunch of undesirable elements.my God!of all the challenges facing our country? to your tent ooooooooooooooooh israel
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by gokuu(m): 8:45pm On Sep 29, 2011
So the 'lawmakers' abandoned the much needed anti-corruption bill for such an irrelevant issue?how do we know that some of the so-called lawmakers are in the homosexual practise.
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by gokuu(m): 8:49pm On Sep 29, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

@OP,

You are just as useless as the congressmen for bringing the issue here to us.
when did we start having 'congressmen' in Nigeria? The issue is being debated in the senate, not the HOR!
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by NegroNtns(m): 9:00pm On Sep 29, 2011
^^^^^^

Jobless Mind, If I replace congressmen with "Senators" will that satisfy your query?
Re: Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 29, 2011
this is a joke right! so aside other things, man lover bill is prior to others!
this ppl must be sick!
probably they must be in need of some cash! so the meeting was guaranteed for it!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Election: A Message For The Aspirants By Dominic Barcity / Does Tinubu Actually Believe He Or Any Other Yoruba Will Become President? / Buhari Asks African Youths To Lead Fight Against Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.