Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,783 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (347706 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 9:26am On Oct 29, 2007
My self and enigma seems to differ in what we are sure we know very well. While I seek to synchronise and extrapolate our divergent views, so I can get back to Yaris and Vicki, I want to restate that i GET NOLLYWOOD on Eutelsat facing west-this I am dead sure
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 9:46am On Oct 29, 2007
I have just made an interesting observation as a result of enigma's position. I went to check the channels and the freqencies on Eutelsat W3A at this freq 12728 H I found the channels I had once found using a third lnb of ku extraction.So I mentally checked the position on my 1.8m dish. I found out that though my dish is facing general west,the position of the ku lnb using my scalar ring extended to the east a little. Because 7deg W to 7deg E on the ground is a very short distance. Depending on the freqs and the strenght of the beam and the size of the dish one will get diffrent channels. because my dish is big, there is a large parabolic space to roam with the lnbs, to be continued
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 9:50am On Oct 29, 2007
Eutelsat
DVB 30000-5/6 ?-60600
Africa F Orwa

Direct 8 117 118 F

2S TV 901 902 F

MTA International 2101 2102 Ur

RTS 1 (Senegal) 6102 6103 F

P Sat TV

5525 1102 1101

RFI Afrique
911 F

Origine FM

Radio Sénégal International
6104 F

Eutelsat W3A © Lyngemark Satellite, last updated 2007-10-21 - http://www.lyngsat.com/ew3a
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 1:12pm On Oct 29, 2007
Yaris your location is latitude 5.12 degN, Longitude 7.37 deg E.Therefore your dish elevation should be set at 83deg,while facing the west,polarization tilt is at 4.12 deg.
How ever as I promise my latest research reveals the following: with due respect to Enigma-u seem to be doing more of theoretical studies, just taking satellite locations from webpages.Try to be more practical.
Due to Beam deflection and absorption by the G pull of the enormous aquatic bodies in southern Nigeria, u guys will need a 3m dish-fibre or no fibre, to be able to enjoy completely all that we enjoy here in the North. Yaris take note u may be the first to enjoy this. Vicki I don't know if you guys in Lagos have access to 3 m dish-should not be too deep. Once again i thank Enigma for your  criticism-it has brought the best out of us all. Thanks.
NB:vicki my professional installer is presently in Lagos now.u can reach him on this number 08035869326. Mr Bala. His in Lagos to install Nilesat for an Air force General. Tell him Paul from DIC.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by badaru1(m): 10:30pm On Oct 29, 2007
hello guys u can get eutelsat w3 7E in nigeria with 90cm dish. Try this frequencies:11192-3210H,12728-27500H. Or you can call me on 08066061677 for assistance.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 12:42pm On Nov 01, 2007
Good news for you guys in the south. I have recieved a confirmation of my theory that you can recieve nilesat in the south. One Marvelous in Warri is recieving what we are recieving here in the north with a 2.4m strong dish,less than the 3m dish I predicted.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 05, 2007
badaru1:

hello guys u can get eutelsat w3 7E in nigeria with 90cm dish. Try this frequencies:11192-3210H,12728-27500H. Or you can call me on 08066061677 for assistance.

what stations should we be expecting from this satellite?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by badaru1(m): 2:50pm On Nov 05, 2007
you can get the following stations on w3 7d east: Direct 8 france,mta int.2stv,rts,mbs,tvm malagasy,mbc1 and mbc2 and g africa
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 06, 2007
badaru1:

you can get the following stations on w3 7d east: Direct 8 france,mta int.2stv,rts,mbs,tvm malagasy,mbc1 and mbc2 and g africa

wow thats so nice, is that all?

and is it with only 90cm dish? if so can you be of help to me for the installation.

Looking forward to reading your reply
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 10:21am On Nov 06, 2007
hi everybody,long time.jujukemist u seem to be so aggressive,in dis digital world nobody is an expert.about nilesat in southern naija,i ve practically studied it very well,theres no way u get nilesat in south without using at least 2.4m pan or fiber dish not net,even 5m net dish cannot get nilesat in south.1.8m pan or fiber dish can get some channels in south though but none of the channels re interested those re the channels that our northen brodas got signal strength of almost 90%.for those of u who wanna get nilesat in south i advice u go for 3.5m fiber dish with fuji ku lnb,there u can get all the mbs's art,ajezeera channels including sprt 1 & 2 and even showtime for premiership.N.B,showtime is encrypted with irdeto2 but it has been hacked so u can watch all the matches in premiership free if u know ur way.i think is time we begin to reveal some secret so as to make these forum beneficial i know a lot of people in north knows wot am talking about but they cant reveal to their brodas cos they watch english prem for free.showtime is hacked its freeeeee.i think srt 4653x opens it but i ve not tried.just manually input the keys if u know wot am talking about.enjoy!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 06, 2007
pitodenz:

hi everybody,long time.jujukemist u seem to be so aggressive,in this digital world nobody is an expert.about nilesat in southern naija,i ve practically studied it very well,theres no way u get nilesat in south without using at least 2.4m pan or fiber dish not net,even 5m net dish cannot get nilesat in south.1.8m pan or fiber dish can get some channels in south though but none of the channels re interested those re the channels that our northen brodas got signal strength of almost 90%.for those of u who want to get nilesat in south i advice u go for 3.5m fiber dish with fuji ku lnb,there u can get all the mbs's art,ajezeera channels including sprt 1 & 2 and even showtime for premiership.N.B,showtime is encrypted with irdeto2 but it has been hacked so u can watch all the matches in premiership free if u know your way.i think is time we begin to reveal some secret so as to make these forum beneficial i know a lot of people in north knows wot am talking about but they can't reveal to their brodas because they watch english prem for free.showtime is hacked its freeeeee.i think srt 4653x opens it but i ve not tried.just manually input the keys if u know wot am talking about.enjoy!

thanks brother for that wonderful piece of info, but well what have you got to say about getting eutelsat w3 7E with 90cm dish in the southern part of the country?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 1:14pm On Nov 06, 2007
pitodenz:

hi everybody,long time.jujukemist u seem to be so aggressive,in this digital world nobody is an expert.about nilesat in southern naija,i ve practically studied it very well,theres no way u get nilesat in south without using at least 2.4m pan or fiber dish not net,even 5m net dish cannot get nilesat in south.1.8m pan or fiber dish can get some channels in south though but none of the channels re interested those re the channels that our northen brodas got signal strength of almost 90%.for those of u who want to get nilesat in south i advice u go for 3.5m fiber dish with fuji ku lnb,there u can get all the mbs's art,ajezeera channels including sprt 1 & 2 and even showtime for premiership.N.B,showtime is encrypted with irdeto2 but it has been hacked so u can watch all the matches in premiership free if u know your way.i think is time we begin to reveal some secret so as to make these forum beneficial i know a lot of people in north knows wot am talking about but they can't reveal to their brodas because they watch english prem for free.showtime is hacked its freeeeee.i think srt 4653x opens it but i ve not tried.just manually input the keys if u know wot am talking about.enjoy!
Bros, your prob be say u no they read posts from the bigining before y de attack? I never clamed to be an expert! Sho! which one be your own. I even went to the extent of dircting one victor from this thread to meet an expert in lagos who went to install a dish, that is not fibre. you they work for fibre company. I am telling you that without fibre you canget nilesat, so long your dish is from2.4 m upwards. One marvelous in warri confirmed on this thread that he is geting nilesat using a 2.4m steel parabola.
bros I no they compete with you. Never! Every thing u have said in your post i have said it on this thread, ofcourse except the fibre wahala you are fightin on.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 1:24pm On Nov 06, 2007
Please check My very first post before you attack me. Please i hate it when i know what I am talking about and some body go de discourage me. I have never hide any knowledge on this thread 4651x and 4653x are two strong decoders that has been hacked and, yes we are enjoying it in the north here.though it was patched for about two weeks, but it has been re-hacked again. With a little software manupulation then over a scrambled channal like sport3 or NAGE you will input 6969, then again 6969 ;Dgbam you are watching over a 100 premium channels.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 06, 2007
jujukemist:

Please check My very first post before you attack me. Please i hate it when i know what I am talking about and some body go de discourage me. I have never hide any knowledge on this thread 4651x and 4653x are two strong decoders that has been hacked and, yes we are enjoying it in the north here.though it was patched for about two weeks, but it has been re-hacked again. With a little software manupulation then over a scrambled channal like sport3 or NAGE you will input 6969, then again 6969 ;Dgbam you are watching over a 100 premium channels.

o boy try to see if you can respond to my earlier request, pls help meeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 1:49pm On Nov 06, 2007
If your ques was wat stations on eutelsat3. Pls check my earlier post they are there. Though I do not like the 90cm dish, because of its limited size, therefore I do not know much of it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 06, 2007
jujukemist:

If your ques was what stations on eutelsat3. Please check my earlier post they are there. Though I do not like the 90cm dish, because of its limited size, therefore I do not know much of it.

but my question is will 90cm dish really work here in lagos?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 4:14pm On Nov 06, 2007
Enitan

A 90cm Ku dish will work for those few channels on 7e; a 90 dish can also be used for NSS7 at 22w; also, for Intelsat 7/10 at 68e; it can also do 36e but there is nothing free there as you are mainly talking DSTV or HiTV.

The problem is that one dish with just one LNB cannot do all of them at the same time. On the other hand if you know how to locate the satellites easily and if the dish is readily accessible you can move it around as you wish to point at the particular satellite you want to watch. Other alternatives include (a) yes, use one dish but motorise it with a diseqc motor (but I'm not sure if the motor will cover the span successfully; or (b) have more than one 90 dish as Pitodenz and others have suggested.

When in Lagos, I use two 90cm dishes - one for 36e DSTV and one for 68.5e MyTV and some free channels.

Edited: there is one more alternative but likely to be difficult because of the span; that is, have one dish but 2-4 LNBs receiving from different satellites. This might however be difficult because the satellites concerned are far apart. In the UK because some satellites are so close, it is possible to use several LNBs on one 90cm dish.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 06, 2007
Enigma:

Enitan

A 90cm Ku dish will work for those few channels on 7e; a 90 dish can also be used for NSS7 at 22w; also, for Intelsat 7/10 at 68e; it can also do 36e but there is nothing free there as you are mainly talking DSTV or HiTV.

The problem is that one dish with just one LNB cannot do all of them at the same time. On the other hand if you know how to locate the satellites easily and if the dish is readily accessible you can move it around as you wish to point at the particular satellite you want to watch. Other alternatives include (a) yes, use one dish but motorise it with a diseqc motor (but I'm not sure if the motor will cover the span successfully; or (b) have more than one 90 dish as Pitodenz and others have suggested.

When in Lagos, I use two 90cm dishes - one for 36e DSTV and one for 68.5e MyTV and some free channels.

Edited: there is one more alternative but likely to be difficult because of the span; that is, have one dish but 2-4 LNBs receiving from different satellites. This might however be difficult because the satellites concerned are far apart. In the UK because some satellites are so close, it is possible to use several LNBs on one 90cm dish.

thanks so much enigma,

but by using the 90 cm dish, can weather factor affects it? thanks so much, and with the other satellites you just mentioned, can I also get sports stations, and if there is, what league will i be watching?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 4:43pm On Nov 06, 2007
Ah now you have identified serious problems ---- the second one being the more serious problem.

1. The weather ---- for the particular satellites that we are talking about a 90cm dish should be fine most of the time, if the dish is originally well aligned. Maybe very hard rain or very cloudy conditions may cause some breakage but it should be fine most of the time.

2. Whether you can see Premiership football ---- the answer is don't raise your hopes high with those particular satellites. sad

The satellites that have plenty of Premiership football (currently viewable for free) are the ones difficult to get in Nigeria/southern Nigeria esp, Nilesat; also Astra1 at 19e.

I understand that some stations of RTP Africa are currently free on 36e (where DSTV and HiTV are) and some of them show football; there is also some free football at 55w, I believe, but not plenty and I believe that a 90cm dish might be able to do that satellite in Southern Nigeria.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 06, 2007
Enigma:

Ah now you have identified serious problems ---- the second one being the more serious problem.

1. The weather ---- for the particular satellites that we are talking about a 90cm dish should be fine most of the time, if the dish is originally well aligned. Maybe very hard rain or very cloudy conditions may cause some breakage but it should be fine most of the time.

2. Whether you can see Premiership football ---- the answer is don't raise your hopes high with those particular satellites. sad

The satellites that have plenty of Premiership football (currently viewable for free) are the ones difficult to get in Nigeria/southern Nigeria esp, Nilesat; also Astra1 at 19e.

I understand that some stations of RTP Africa are currently free on 36e (where DSTV and HiTV are) and some of them show football; there is also some free football at 55w, I believe, but not plenty and I believe that a 90cm dish might be able to do that satellite in Southern Nigeria.

thanks again,
i'm searching based on that little piece of info you just gave out now
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 07, 2007
Hi Enigma,

yeah thanks for that yesterday info, i've gone through that satellite at 55 W and i cant seem to get what i really wanted.
But there's a question i will like to ask, because i'm planning of getting either 4651X or 4653X strong decoder, and those satellites i was thinking of directing my 90cm dish to, there're some stations that have been coded using encryptions like DVB, videoguard, cryptoworks e.t.c. am just wondering if it can be possible for it to be hacked, and if it can what type of encryption can be hacked and how am i going to go about it.

Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 10:43am On Nov 08, 2007
jujukemist plz am not attacking u am only saying dat u got to take things easy,well, u re too much thanks for all ur post but plz am not working in any fiber company wot am saying is in nilesat there re so many frequencies in which some of then has a very strong signal more than others those one u can recive with 1.8m not that 2.4m cannot get nilesat in south but the problem is can u get mbc's and sportsnet's even if u get it how strong will the signal be?so i prefer fiber for those of us in south cos right here in ph most people use fiber dish for nilesat.
jujukemist re u able to watch showtime sports,series etc with srt 46531x or 4653x without manually inputting any key if so i need to know.
enitan,i think the best u can get with 90cm in south is still nss7ku but u ve to use 2 lnb combine 2gether while the down one ll be 22w and up one ll be 30w trendtv there u get 13 unscramled channels.
enigma,plz am not aware of getting any satellite on 55w with 90cm in southern nigeria plz wot is the name of the satelliite and which channels re there.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 10:58am On Nov 08, 2007
enigma plz i cant find rtp africa frenquency just give me the frequency since u said is the same position with dstv and hitv.wot satellite name is that 55w c or ku band.hope rtp is ku band.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2007
pitodenz:

jujukemist plz am not attacking u am only saying that u got to take things easy,well, u re too much thanks for all your post but plz am not working in any fiber company wot am saying is in nilesat there re so many frequencies in which some of then has a very strong signal more than others those one u can recive with 1.8m not that 2.4m cannot get nilesat in south but the problem is can u get mbc's and sportsnet's even if u get it how strong will the signal be?so i prefer fiber for those of us in south because right here in ph most people use fiber dish for nilesat.
jujukemist re u able to watch showtime sports,series etc with srt 46531x or 4653x without manually inputting any key if so i need to know.
enitan,i think the best u can get with 90cm in south is still nss7ku but u ve to use 2 lnb combine 2gether while the down one ll be 22w and up one ll be 30w trendtv there u get 13 unscramled channels.
enigma,plz am not aware of getting any satellite on 55w with 90cm in southern nigeria plz wot is the name of the satelliite and which channels re there.

yeah i got that, and how is it possible for two lnbs to be on the same dish, wont they still be directed towards the same satellites?

thanks again
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by tushman(m): 1:11pm On Nov 08, 2007
[b]hello all,
i'm not a technical person in respect to the operations of FTA, but i have a dish(cant remember the size) with a jack to change positions.
i catch hispasat satellite(spanish channels) which of recent is scrambled once a day(atimes they scramble it like thrice)and they have really nice programs.
HISPASAT
there are 3 series channels(AXN,Fox & Sci-fi),3 movie channels,4 pay per view movie channels(taquilla 1-4:they show 2006-2007 movies)
3 kids channels(boomerang,nickleodeon & cartoon network), national geographic,playboy tv(unfortunately it is broadcast only ion spanish), fox news, one golf channel and 2 sports channels(where they show primera liga,basefall,basketball etc)there is history channel but the reception is not clear and many other channels where they show just spanish programmes.
NILESAT
nilesat just became the bomdigi.b4 it was just mbc 2,4 & action with dubai one holding it down with bbc world and al jazeera news,but now with the hacking into showtime arabia and ART, dstv,hitv,fstv have all been made irrelevent.there are about 8 pay per view movie channels(2006-2007 movies), regular movie channels,series,comedy,mtv arabia,mtv music,vhi,live premiership matches(about 9 channels)national geographic(2 channels), discovery,animal planet,tcm, disney children,watch live wwe matches(can you beat that) infact its just too good.
                     truth is, with FTA you dont need to pay subscription to watch tv again.the showtime/art/star tv on nilesat was blocked about a week ago but its back on air thanks to some hackers who made the download available(or is it a patch?)problem is those who know how to get the patch are not revealing it to us so if there is anyone here who knows how to get it(from the internet)please be kind enough to let us know.
holla
[/b]
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 08, 2007
pitodenz:

jujukemist plz am not attacking u am only saying that u got to take things easy,well, u re too much thanks for all your post but plz am not working in any fiber company wot am saying is in nilesat there re so many frequencies in which some of then has a very strong signal more than others those one u can recive with 1.8m not that 2.4m cannot get nilesat in south but the problem is can u get mbc's and sportsnet's even if u get it how strong will the signal be?so i prefer fiber for those of us in south because right here in ph most people use fiber dish for nilesat.

i've been trying to locate the satellites where you said trendtv is located with about 13 unscrambled channels all to avail, plsssssss hellepp me oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by tushman(m): 1:29pm On Nov 08, 2007
i've been trying to locate the satellites where you said trendtv is located with about 13 unscrambled channels all to avail, plsssssss hellepp me oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

where i have trendtv,i have just 3 channels
trend tv (one catholic station)
nollywood &
mbi(it used to be silverbedtv)
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 6:47pm On Nov 08, 2007
@Enitan

Some providers' encryptions systems are indeed compromised. Some of them include: on Astra1 @ 19e, Premiere and Digital+ (both are probably too difficult to get in Nigeria because of the beams of the satellite); on Hotbird @ 13e, TPS and Polsat among others (again, probably too difficult to get in Nigeria); @ 7w Nilesat, Showtime (this can be received readily in Northern Nigeria and with more difficulty in Southern Nigeria; the information on how to watch this is widely available on the Net - if you ever successfully align to Nilesat, let me know); on Hispasat @30w, Digital+, (till recently, TV Cabo) and some others - (I see that Tushman is able to get Hispasat ---- this is probably your best bet for free TV even including some football, if you can get it!); on Thor at 1w, Digi TV. The trouble is that most useful 'open' channels are difficult to get in Naija! Nevertheless there are still some general useful stations that are totally free.

With regard to decoders/receivers --- if you can get hold of a receiver called Technomate 1500+, that really is one of the best for getting free TV; Strong receivers are good too but the Technomate has better support, I believe.

On the issue of 55w; I'm very sorry the information I gave earlier was not really correct; Intelsat 805 @ 55w is mostly C Band and will require a big dish. See link: http://www.flysat.com/intelsat805.php

WRT Trend TV, that is on Intel 907 at 27.5w on frequency 11661, Pol is H (Horizontal), SR is 7053 and FEC is 3/4; see towards the bottom of http://www.lyngsat.com/intel907.html

@ tushman
What channels are you able to receive on Hispasat? Try scanning in transponders from the list in the following link as you just might be able to get even more channels: http://www.flysat.com/hispasat.php

Please please post reply as I (and many) would like to know what you can receive! smiley Edited: I have looked again at your penultimate post and I see that you have quite a number of good channels. Your dish must be quite big!!! Minna is not that far North and it may just be possible that with say a 2.4 dish, people in the South can also get Hispasat. Again, please pretty please let us know the size of your dish!

@ Pitodenz

Sorry it is not RTP but TPA; the frequency is 11689, Polarisation is H (Horizontal), SR is 11571 and FEC is 3/4; however, I have just learned that the power of the Sat seems to have been reduced; moreover the beam is the fixed beam which will be difficult in Nigeria unlike the Nigeria/W Africa beam on which you find DSTV and HiTV though all are on the same satellite position. See the following link and click on the words furthest right i.e. Sesat Fixed: http://www.flysat.com/eutelsatw4-sesat.php

As I keep saying, I really hope that soon many more satellites will make their beams more accessible in Nigeria. cheesy
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 6:49pm On Nov 08, 2007
Edited

@ Enitan

It is possible for 2 or more LNBs to be on one dish --- each LNB pointing at a different satellite. The crucial element is that the satellites are near enough to one another. It is called a Multi-LNB set up. The totally best dish for a multi-LNB set up is the Toroidal Wave-frontier T90 dish which can take 16 LNBs pointing at 16 different satellites.

Another good dish for a Multi-LNB set up is the Raven 90 dish; I have one of these and on it I have 5 LNBs pointing at 5 different satellites; because it is on the ground, I can even move an LNB around to get other satellites. But this is in the UK where more satellites can be readily received! One more good dish for a Multi-LNB set-up is the Triax TD88 dish.

If you can't get hold of any of these dishes in Nigeria, you might be able to adapt the DSTV/HiTV/MyTV dish for a Multi-LNb set-up with some small 'engineering'. smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by horpy(m): 7:09pm On Nov 08, 2007
Hi everyone joining this forum is a big eye opener for me as I have tolerated my f.t.a for 3 years with as little as 30 channels with cnn as the manageable.Now I hope to try this out.I use a Logix decoder I dont know if it is one of the strong decoders with which I can unlock etv and search for others.Love being a member of this forum.I will like to contact bigjoe pls send me a mail or holla on 08058873466.peace
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by horpy(m): 7:20pm On Nov 08, 2007
I use a large should be a 2.5 meter dih in my house in ijebu ode.is installed with a c-band lnb.It is also installed with a positioner and jack.I think its configures o panamsat sometin something, Can somebody enlighten me on how to broaden my scope of channels especially movies and musicals.I hope to get response from enitan,jujukemist or anybody else who sure knows more than me.Peace
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 7:28pm On Nov 08, 2007
Horpy

The following links show the various satellites up there; you have to check the footprint to see if a particular satellite can be received on your system. Since you are using a jack, you have to tell your receiver to go to a particular satellite; if you get signal (especially 'quality') try scanning some transponders from the list for the particular satellites.

http://www.flysat.com/satlist.php Check the satellites that are possible; for starters, try Nilesat @ 7w, NSS7 @22w, Intel 907 @ 27.5w, Hispasat @ 30w, Eutelsat W3A at 7e, W4 @ 36e and Intel 7/10 at 68.5e.

http://www.lyngsat.com/ Under 'Frequencies', click Europe for eastern satellites and 'Atlantic' for western satellites.

Again, please post back with your results so that all of us can learn. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.