Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,254 members, 7,818,874 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (347600 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 12:57am On Nov 19, 2007
Was Direct 8 showing a football match when it encrypted (Portugal v Armenia)?

On which sat is best with 90cm: let me think about it. In fact, it is one of the reasons I'm interested to know about your set up; e.g. whether you can add one or two more LNBs.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 1:22am On Nov 19, 2007
whether direct8 was showing a match that i dont know,cos i woke up 11:30pm and noticed it was gone.
will 2 more lnbs get more station in that west direction?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 1:22am On Nov 19, 2007
whether direct8 was showing a match that i dont know,cos i woke up 11:30pm and noticed it was gone.
will 2 more lnbs get more station in that west direction?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 19, 2007
I was doing a scan some few hours ago and 3 more channels RTG1,RTG2 and RTN television but they are all in french, what i noticed is that there's still more to this FTA channels than what could be seen on lyngsat,flysat e.t.c

what do you guys see to that?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 19, 2007
@ all,

just want to share my experience with you based on what i passed through on sunday morning.

I got the necessary accessories on friday with a friend of mine at oshodi market.

strong lnbf 0.3dB at 1000 naira,
strong decoder 4652X at 9000, and
90cm ku-band dish with holdings at 4500 naira,

on getting home, i thought it was going to be easy, but how wrong i was.

Based on what enigma said in some of his past posts, he said the part of the installation that has to do with hammering on the wall is the hardest, that came to pass, i sweat like christmas goat.

I have no choice than to call the guy i bought the setup from, and he promised to be with me on sunday, and true to his words he was around.

The only thing i've got to say is that the hardest part of the installation is the part of hammering to the wall for novice who has no practical knowledge, but the rest was very simple, if you can pin-point to the east and west, that's it.

I brought the television out, he connected every damned-thing, and the first thing he did was to input the frequency of the station we want o get which was in nss7 ku band, and was moving the dish sideway and was staring at the tv, it got to a point that the red signal that was on the screen started to increase and it got to a poing it turned to green, so he stopped at the point which the signal reached the maximum length.
After that, he also started adjusting the elevation of the dish, cos there are two signals, one for the sideway movement, and the other one the up & down movement (elevation). So as he was adjusting the elevation the red signal for the elevation movement was also increasing and he also stopped at the point where the signal reached its maximum length.

After that we started inputting the frequencies and symbol rates of the channel on nn7 kui got from lyngsat.com, and they started appearing, and that was it.

One thing i noticed was that, the installer was amazed at the information based on the frequencies i got from lyngsat which i presented to him, cos he never thought of getting up to that number of channels, he was thinking of getting maximum of 7 channels, but was dumbfounded when he saw 13 unscrambled channels.

some of the scrambled ones on canalsat horizons have been showing once in a while but would later be scrambled.

I still have the belief that more revelations will emerge if more people keep going for the 90cm ku-band satellite positions. That's just the only reason that the hackable codes for all these large dishes keep emerging all because more people are going for that, and the 90cm left abandoned, if more of us who cant afford getting the bigger ones and[b] i have a dream in the nearest future [/b] where every one of us using 90cm FTA dishes will also enjoy some hackable codings.

shallom
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ltechniger(m): 3:44pm On Nov 19, 2007
Enitan how about our discussion, did you get those things. call me whenever you got them.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 4:18pm On Nov 19, 2007
Enitan

Congrats; was your installer's name by any chance Michael?

Secondly, how did he know/decide which direction to search for NSS7 - since it is different from both DSTV and MyTV positions?

Finally, if you like adventure (or wahala?) you/your installer can add 1 more LNB so that you can get Nollywood channel, EWTN and MBI from Intelsat 907 at 27.5w. You will not need to move the dish again; if you stand at the back of the dish the extra LNB will go to the left of the current LNB (i.e. to its right if you are looking from the front) and positioned about 3 inches apart (roughly); you will also need to get a diseqc switch (about 500 naira) from the installer --- to send the signals from the two LNBs through the same current single cable to the receiver.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vickoy23: 6:32pm On Nov 19, 2007
Eniitan

I quite appreciate what u went through in installing your dish mine was similar. How I wish all these guys who claim to be installers can take time to join this forum and they would be amazed at what they would get to know. In my own case, The installer I paid 5k could not track down the intelsat 7/10 on 68.5ºE had to go and promised coming back on monday. This happened on Saturday but on Sunday, I decided to go do it myself and after sweating for about 5hrs i was able to track it down. This happened some 6months ago before I joined this forum and right now through this forum I am getting very much enlightened on installing dish. I, after joining this forum was able to install a second and third dish facing 36ºE and 27.5ºW respectively. I was able to track NSS7 (22ºW - Trend Nollywood) by pushing up the dish I used for 27.5ºW. I was discouraed by the french language. I would probably get back to it tomoro and check out what I can receive.

I however have not been able to track the EutelsatW3A on 7ºE. I still intend to give it another try later in the week.

You nairalandersn are doing great job. I foresee a future of more and better fta channels. if only Nigeria investors can tap into the oppoertunity that abound there.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vickoy23: 6:44pm On Nov 19, 2007
Enigma

one thing I am yet to know how to do is using multiple LNB on a dish. could u enlighten pple like Eniitan and myself how to attach it. what equip to buy to attach two or more lnb. Never worry about wahala some of us love experimenting. waiting for ur reply
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2007
At vickoy,
thats good of you,d hardst part of installation is the hammering part.I will advice you to go back to nss7 thats the best option in west direction.u just go and learn french.

@ enigma,
u no even pity me, after so much trouble i passed through,make i come go change ihn direction,abi?

the only thing i need is how to make the best use of the 90cm for now,can anyone be of help?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vickoy23: 6:59pm On Nov 19, 2007
eniitan

who say i no pity u. I do but na learning process. 4 me i like experiment no be small. If u have enof space to install multiple dish, i would ask u to install one more dish facing east and get the advantage of PRESSTV, CNBC AFRICA, ETV, SANI and channels on intelsat10. al you would need is a dseq switch to loop the two dish. and if what Enigma said could be achieved by u then u can add 27.5ºW to your 22ºW u already have. Give it a try.

lest i forget u lost small money in  equip purchase. d correct price na

strong lnbf 0.3dB at 800 naira,
strong decoder 4652X at 8500, and
90cm ku-band dish with holdings at 3500 naira,

my quoted price is for Strong dish decoder and lnb and i prefer 4653x in the strong decoder because with usb i can do software upload and firmware upgrade, though i have both model. Dont mind me i just want to be able to watch another channel while my son watches his cartoon. unselfish dad u will say. lol
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 7:13pm On Nov 19, 2007
enitan,thanks a lot for bringing us back to 90cm.i think i specialize i n 90cm bros i think nss7ku is the easiest sat to track since u re using strong.re u able to get rtb 1and 2,rtn unscramled plz send me the freq.
  for those of us who want to go for 90cm i think nss7ku is the best and u can do it urself.just assemble ur dish face it to ur west.if u cant locate ur west use opposite dstv or mytv position or around 4pm in the evening face it directly to the sun cos the sun start going west after noon.leave ur decoder on freq 10986v/30000 move it up slowly side by side slowly u ll see the flash of signal if u re observant enough adjust it till u get the maximum signal strength then lock it there.search ur receiver for other freq or visit lyngsat for more freqs on nss.a drop of another lnb on top of it will give u trend tv then hold the two 2gether and then combine it with disc switch.go to dish setting commite ur disc with any number where u put each lnb then exit and save.
   i think eutelw3a has something to offer but am still working on it.go africa just come in there see lyngsat for the freq.
    enigma thanks for ur reply.has showtime been hacked again?
as for nss i believe one day canalsat we be hacked even our dstv
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 19, 2007
@ enigma,
my installer's name is solomon but one thing about him is that he's not that sound theoretically but praticals,he's the MAN. just give him the full details of what u want and he'll surely get that for you.
the 1st thing he asked was the direction of the satellite,and i told him west, he directed the dish towards the position the sun sets and he selected nss7 on the sat list from d decoder and started adjusting till signal came up.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vickoy23: 7:27pm On Nov 19, 2007
Nairalanders

I need someone to confirm if he has gotten Eutelsat W3A on 7ºE. This satellite kicked the shit out of me when i gave it a trial some couple of days back so much so I am reluctant trying to track it again. who will confirm.

@pitodenz how do I attach two lnb? with tape or any special fastener? i honestly don't want to install a second dish facing west. except i want make them increase my rent. lol  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2007
@ pitodenz,
light never dey now,i will make sure i post that by tomorrow.
the more the people are embracing 90cm, the more tendency their codes will be hacked.

what do you all think?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 7:48pm On Nov 19, 2007
@Enitan & vickoy cool

For 2nd LNB u don't need to move the dish at all; just put the 2nd LNB by the side; if you can't get a proper multi-LNB holder, then you'll have to use some inventiveness! Here is an example:

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6413/dishlnbs9mc.jpg

These links contain pictures of proper multi-LNB holders:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=97856&doy=search

http://www.creativesatellite.co.uk/contents/en-uk/d32.html (towards bottom - edited: corrected link )

I'm also going to attach pictures of my own experimentation.

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 7:51pm On Nov 19, 2007
Another view:

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 8:11pm On Nov 19, 2007
I have put one more tool in the link below; it is a picture (not totally up to date) of roughly how the TV satellites are lined up 'up there'. I believe that the copyright in the original picture belongs to 'What Satellite' magazine.

Edited Link removed; I will put another copy up later.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by edniroya01(m): 8:28pm On Nov 19, 2007
Hello landers
U guys are doing a great job in here and to add my own little thread if u want to install urself u can buy  a sat finder or meter it is btw 1 and 2k.
when u input the freqs, u then start turning your dish little by little.Some come as meter while some come as finders like the one l have is called Elsat finder.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 3:27am On Nov 20, 2007
@ pitodenz,

For
RTG1- 11617V,APID 0650,PPID 0128 the signal strength is just about 30%
RTG2-11617V,APID 0660,PPID 0129
RTN-11617V,APID 0670,PPID 0130.
But since yesterday rtg2 and rtn have been showing "no audio/video"
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Roughlen(m): 9:16am On Nov 20, 2007
with a 1.8meter dish,i dont think you need two lnb's especially if you buy a jack to move it around.
does any one know whether showtime has been hacked again?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 20, 2007
@ roughlen,
we guys here are clamouring for the development of the neglected 90cm ku-band dish sector and u are here talking about 1.8m. u think say na everybody be landlord/landlord pikin as u be?
as from now on,only 90cm should be discussed for now. enough of 3m and 2.8m dishes for now. ok?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Roughlen(m): 3:55pm On Nov 20, 2007
i'm staying in a rented apartment and i also live up north.
i never become landlord but one day one day,
even with the 1.8meter dish the signals are not strong enough especially in the afternoon when the sun
is at its hottest.so i wonder how you would cope with the 90cm dish?
[b][/b]
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Tinkinguy(m): 4:32pm On Nov 20, 2007
Hi Enigma,

Thanks for the pix, but will like to know if the dish is for 90cm or 120 - 240cm. and which satellite was it pointing to.

Regards
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Vickivicki(m): 5:11pm On Nov 20, 2007
Hello house,
I have brand new srt 4651x strong decoder and a 90cm dish(with holder) and ku lnb which i wanted to use b4 changing my mind,case anyone wishes to have them @ a giveaway price.Send me a mail:aderewaju@yahoo.com[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 6:21pm On Nov 20, 2007
enitan the freq u gave me has no symbol rate plz i ll need the symbol and bro,is not that we could not talk about the bigger dish for now but the damage has been already done by operators like dstv think about this, if we cannot get our own NTA beam on ku and other independent stations like AIT,MBI STV,CHANNELS and so on, dont u think there is upper hand in it,in europe and south africa even other countrys they 1st focus their beam to their own country but here dstv and other operators ll calculate for them how much they stand to make if they beam their tv stations outside our west africa even better on c band and once on c band u know what thats means (bigger dish) take a look at this more expecially the beam its on c band ooh,my man u go cry http://www.lyngsat.com/intel903.html.bros think about this if we re able to get all this stations on ku ie.90cm plus this other fta stations available dont u think its something.if u talk now they ll say its afterall free on c band and uhf and 4getting its not everybody that can afford bigger space and analogue is always unclear.my people i cry when i pay to watch our NTA and other stations on satellite.dstv has to make sure tha SABC beam is reduce to south africa only in ku just because they re from south africa and SABC is hacked leaving only etv which i know if not for mytv africa it ll has been gone since.so bros we had no other option than to use anything we can afford to get the best of fta.but remember those sat we track here with 1.8m there other people watching it with less than 90cm so there's noting like 90cm or 2.5 or even above in sat world all depend on where u re and wot u wanna get.90cm we be appreciated more if operators like dstv ll be hacked so that new tv station ll lose trust on them thereby setting their beam to our land.
shame to our NTA AND APPLAUSE to TRENDTV for beaming their nollywood on our land though they might encrpt one day but at least they re free now.
here in P.H town we had to combine three lnbs,two c band one without di-electric and one ku to enable us get more useless channels on 1.8 and 2.4 dish.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 6:46pm On Nov 20, 2007
@ Tinkin_guy

The dish is a 90 cm dish (Raven 90). Please note that I only put up the picture as a guide on how to do a multi-LNB set up; at least three of the Sats on there will be difficult if not impossible with a 90 dish in Lagos

Having said that, the LNBs in the picture are receiving 7e (the only one possible on a 90cm dish in Lagos), 13e (Hotbird), 16e (Eutelsat W2) and 19e (Astra 1) --- actually, I now have 5 LNBs on the dish as I have now added one more for 1w.

In the case of Enitan; he can receive 22w currently; he can put up a 2nd LNB for the neighbouring 27.5w ---- I think somebody here is doing that already. People who can receive the MyTV satellite i.e. 68.5e might also think of putting up a 2nd LNB for 62e or 64e.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 7:00pm On Nov 20, 2007
enitan2002:

@ pitodenz,

For
RTG1- 11617V,APID 0650,PPID 0128 the signal strength is just about 30%
RTG2-11617V,APID 0660,PPID 0129
RTN-11617V,APID 0670,PPID 0130.
But since yesterday rtg2 and rtn have been showing "no audio/video"

@ Enitan

I'm wondering if what you saw were "Feeds"; i.e. where TV stations use a satellite frequency to send material/programme to their distributors in other places; please keep an eye on those frequencies and report back on them from time to time. In terms of Nigeria the C Band frequencies of Intelsat 907 (27.5w) have interesting Feeds. When you watch NTA News you will sometimes hear the newscaster say "we now go to our Abuja studios"; if you are on Intelsat 907C, you can actually see the newscasters in the Abuja (or wherever) studio as they are still waiting for the handover; sometimes joking with one another, adjusting make-up and that sort of thing --- at least I used to see them last year when I had Intelsat 907C. grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by fadinus(m): 10:43am On Nov 21, 2007
hello guys, can anybody please give me the frequency for tracking dstv and the satellite to track. I stay at ebute metta yaba lagos. And also, what channels are on 64'e and 62'e. Enigma thats for you. Enitan i am not happy with you .
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by fadinus(m): 11:28am On Nov 21, 2007
hello guys, can anybody please give me the frequency for tracking dstv and the satellite to track. I stay at ebute metta yaba lagos. And also, what channels are on 64'e and 62'e. Enigma thats for you. Enitan i am not happy with you .
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 4:06pm On Nov 21, 2007
@ enigma,
62e beam cannot reach us in 90cm ku band and 64 is only c band i wonder if enitan is using 1.8m dish.
for those who want to combine more than one lnb in 90cm i think the only possible combination for us in south now is nss 22w and 27.5w which can easily done with cellotapes.
enigma thanks for ur pic but i must tell u that those lnb holders re a little bit advance for us cos u cant find them in our market now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Tinkinguy(m): 4:12pm On Nov 21, 2007
@ Enigma  
Thanks for the info, Am actually staying in Abuja, which is a little bit easier to track than lagos, I will try it out especially the ones on 62e and 64e since my dish is facing 68e (MYTV Sat).

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.