Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (347738 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by osazeet(m): 11:32am On Nov 15, 2007
thanks to u guys out there for this marvelous researh of urs, i personally use strong decoder with Dstv size of dish facing east, all i have is religious programs and cnbc only as free to air while others like ait, bbc, etv, trace tv, etc. are being subscribed for, is there anyway i can upgrade for many other free to air without further subscriptions? pls help me out if there is any without changing the dish for a very big one like NTA transmitting branch office grin. God bless u all
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 1:12pm On Nov 15, 2007
pitodenz:

jujukemist u mean showtime has been encrypted back since on friday,plz inform me when it been hacked again.another thing is re u able to motorize nilesat with other satellite if it possible plz explain.plz when directeing people on the size of dish to buy to be able to get nilesat mostly people in south plz always tell them is pan dish not net dish because net dish is the most popular here.
u mention about someone in warri who was able to get nilesat using 2.4m strong pan dish,plz i wan to get the details where he bought it and how much,is the dish polar mount or down mount?is it motorized dish?was he able to get all the channels u get in north in nilesat.plz i need details because these is bringing a lot of doubt with my people down here in ph.thanks man.

For now its been recrpted, however as you said I will inform you as soon as it is hacked again.
Yes I always recommend Pan dish as you called it. since you are in PH I recomend you use a 2.4 to 3m dish you will get everything on a good daY. THOS IS THE NUMBER OF THE GUY INWARRI 08023055983.
osazeet-u noget choice change your dish to 2.4 or 3m and face west, except u want to come and live with me in the north
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by tushman(m): 2:53pm On Nov 15, 2007
showtime is getting on my nerves man.pay 1k for the download and it will last just 3-5 days b4 they encrypt it again.
please whoever know the site where i can get the download whenever it is hacked again should send me mail at akdatushman@gmail.com

meanwhile,hispasat is still cool.i guess the only thing i would miss on showtime is animal planet and WWE.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 4:14pm On Nov 15, 2007
tushman which channels re u getting on hispasat and re u able to pick nilesat and hispasat motorized.its there any premiership sport channel on hispasat.and where re u located north or south or outside nigeria.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vickoy23: 9:20pm On Nov 15, 2007
Hi all, just checked the 30ºw and found out the beam is for europe and america. I tried tracking 7ºE but could not pick it even though the beam is very much covering nigeria. can someone help me out, i live in lagos and have 90cm ku dish
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 2:21am On Nov 16, 2007
vickoy23:

Hi all, just checked the 30ºw and found out the beam is for europe and america. I tried tracking 7ºE but could not pick it even though the beam is very much covering nigeria. can someone help me out, i live in lagos and have 90cm ku dish

thats not possible, eutesat W3a is covering lagos, and you can use your 90cm dish to get that, and 30 W is hispasat, you can never get that here in lagos using your 90 cm dish, the best position you can face is nss7 at 22 W.

Give us a feedback when you must have done that.

I'm getting my 90 cm dish also today and i will be facing nss7, and there's a particular station 2M monde based in morocco they show premiership, one match on saturday, and one match on sunday, aint that cool. You can get that station on nss7 if you are using 1.8m dish, but you can give 90cm dish a try.

I will definitely get you guys posted when am done installing today.

Una all still dey sleep?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 5:00am On Nov 16, 2007
@ tushman,

visit http://www.rdi-files.com/seca.php

that's simply what you need.

Have a great day ahead of you

you all still on bed?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 10:28am On Nov 16, 2007
Tushman

I am very curious, where do you go and pay to download patch or softcam? Please post the info so that we may know.

Anyway patches, softcam and keys are free all over the Internet. In your case, you should even be able to enter the keys manually with your remote since your receiver is obviously patched already. You can get some keys on the RDI site posted by Enitan though when I had a quick look, I couldn't see Irdeto keys which is what you need for Nilesat.

For Irdeto/Showtime keys and materials for Strong receivers, try the following link: http://www.sat-television.com/forum/index.php

I think you will have to register to have full access; I think also that Showtime is currently down anyway and people are waiting for new keys.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 10:41am On Nov 16, 2007
@ Osazeet

Your satellite is pointing at 68.5e (Intelsat 7/10) First of all try scanning that satellite to see if any other new channels come up. In particular, scan the channels on the frequencies with Africa/Europe beam i.e. towards the bottom of the list in the following link: http://www.lyngsat.com/intel68.html

If you do it correctly, the channels that have F (i.e. Free) in front of them should come up -- including CNBC and SABC.

Also, you may be able to get eTV; for that follow the procedures described in pages 4 & 5 of this very thread.

@ jujukemist

I don't recall or think that we ever had any quarrel!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by tushman(m): 11:20am On Nov 16, 2007
i'm using a strong reciever.
using keys doesn't work for showtime/art.even when you enter them they dont work.
i get my hispasat keys from www.keys-center.com, www.rdi-files.com or www.dvbonline.net
they download some software from the internet and connect it to the decoder for it to work
for those of you who are technically minded,the link below contains the latest showtime patch.
i've tried downloading it but it is not working(i probably am doing it wrongly)
but there is one for hispasat and it work.no need to enter the code manually again.your decoder does that
automatically: http://www.livedvb.eu/filemanager.php?&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers
pitodenz,
i'm based in minna.north central nigeria.there is no premiership on hispasat.they show laliga(spanish league)
but its in spanish(all their sports channels are in spanish)
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 1:54pm On Nov 16, 2007
tushman re u using double ku band at a time or is ur dish motorilized plz answer i need to know.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 1:57pm On Nov 16, 2007
Thanks tushman

So maybe the 1000 naira refers to Internet connection? AFAIK, it is free to download patches etc from those sites esp RDI.

BTW, I don't think you are doing the patching wrong --- what is happening is that Showtime is currently 'down' on most receivers.

Maybe in a day or two the keys will be known and new softcam/patch released.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2007
enitan 2m monde is on c band u cant get with 90cm
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 2:19pm On Nov 16, 2007
enigma thank god u re online, hope u can patched a receiver with already patched receiver.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2007
enigma wots the difference b/w patch and softcam.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 2:42pm On Nov 16, 2007
Pitodenz

Yep, a once patched receiver can be patched again if there is new software. With the Technomate 1000 series receivers, new software/patch is quite frequently released and many people 're-patch'. E.g, I have patched/repatched my Technomate at least 3 or so times this year ------ yet there is even a latest patch that I have not loaded yet.

Apart from 'patching' proper, some people use a softcam (software with keys) everyday to load the latest keys. This is probably the best way --- if the receiver is one that is well supported by those writing software.

What's up --- you want to load new software? Can you identify the date and name of the software currently on your receiver? Then compare it with the one you want to load.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 2:47pm On Nov 16, 2007
Hi again

Just saw your question; a patch is the main operating system (also called firmware) but an unofficial one which allows the receiver to accept codes that allow you to open some encrypted channels.

Sometimes the patch is so powerful that it auto-rolls or auto-updates (AU); i.e. as the TV stations change the code, the receiver automatically updates itself with the right codes.

Most of the time, after loading the patch it is necessary to manually update the keys by the remote; or to use a software to load the keys to the receiver. The software that has the keys which allows you to update keys via computer instead of manually with remote ---- that is the softcam.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by fadinus(m): 12:18am On Nov 17, 2007
enitan, please post me the frequency i need to track dstv. Using strong decoder remember.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by tushman(m): 9:38am On Nov 17, 2007
pitodenz (m) Re: Free-To-Air Satellite TV
« #234 on: Yesterday at 01:54:07 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tushman re u using double ku band at a time or is your dish motorilized plz answer i need to know

pitodenz,
i have a motorized dish

enigma,
the 1k was for one fake ass dude who had the patch and was charging us for downloading it into our strong recievers
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 12:02pm On Nov 17, 2007
@ Pitodenz

hope u can patched a receiver with already patched receiver.

I've just read this question again and realise now that I misunderstood it first time around.

Yes you can use an already patched receiver to patch another one; both have to be of the same brand (or at least accept same firmware) and allow for receiver to receiver transfer,. In the menu look for something like "Data Transfer" or "STB Transfer" etc. I must say that I've never actually done it myself --- as I generally load software directly to each receiver.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by atiku07(m): 1:52pm On Nov 17, 2007
guys u can update ur strong receiver the x series when i say x series i mean 4653x,4651x,4654x etc.

go to these sites and get the patches and do the rest on ur receiver with ur usb flash drives mainly for channels on nilesat and hispa

http://np-ulc.net/index.php?directory=Receiver/Strong&PHPSESSID=fa720dde52a1cf33dc618abbb95c1d94

http://www.crosat.org/aploud/index.php?&direction=0&order=mod&directory=STRONG%20RECEIVERS/4-Bleep%20Files

from these two sites u can get softcams to update ur x series receivers with and also included in the patches are the keys to unlock the channels just down load and run on ur receivers
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 17, 2007
at all,
i suffer no be small yesterday during my installation,i just cudnt get it right. i've to call som1 who can help me out. d guy said he will be coming around 2mrw morning.
All i've got to say is 4 beginners get an installer for youself. i simply wants to save u d stress i passed through.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 9:48pm On Nov 17, 2007
Enitan

You should have asked for advice; Ku sats require a systematic approach (unlike C band sats).

1. Determine which sat you want to align to

2. Use your location coordinates (Lagos?) to determine exactly how high to aim the satellite; on the side of the dish is a scale; you set the dish on that scale according to your location and desired sat (This is what they call elevation )

3. Then you have to work out in what direction to point the dish (i.e. side to side movement which is also called azimuth )

Try again tomorrow be4 your guy comes; use the tool below: type Lagos, Nigeria in location; select the sat you want; set elevation; point dish in direction suggested --- making very very slow side to side movements.

http://www.dishpointer.com/

Added Anyway make sure you stay with the guy and learn from him so that next time you will know how to do it yourself. The other thing ask him about how he sets the receiver because that also matters a little bit.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 6:04am On Nov 18, 2007
guys,

na now i know say nothing dey my head.

Enigma,

thanks for that info but i still dont get it. let me give you my direction. I reside in lagos.

the sun rises at the north-west considering where i'm facing i take it as north. can you then tell me where i'll position my dish to face NSS7 ku band at 22 degree west?

thanks so much
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 18, 2007
hey guys,

my installer don come ooo,

but as we all know the situation of epileptic power supply in the country, there's no power supply.
One thing i've noticed is that even novice that are here without practical knowledge but try to visit all the satellite sites that have been mentioned here like lyngsat, flysat kingofsat e.t.c are still more knowledgeable compared with these installer guys, when i was telling him the number of stations i will be getting he was shocked to the marrow, all he's been installing is hitv, mytv and dstv, can u guys now see the number of people you would all have impacted with this great knowldege just keep it up.

Here are my accessories and tell me if they are all ok.

90cm ku band dish,
strong lnbf with 0.3dB
strong decoder 4652X, that's all. But the question i will like to ask is.

1. i heard that there're still some frequencies of some ststions that are not added to all these lyngsat, flysat e.t.c, and if one should input any of those freqs the particular station on that freq will show up, just wanna know if that's true?

2.is strong decoder 4652X hackable? if it is then, when software will you advise me to patch first of all into this new decoder?

when the guy is done is done with the installation i'll try my possible best of posting the pictures of the dish setup, and anything i find on the decoder screen that seems unfathomable.

Thanks all.

I LOVE YOU GUYS
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 10:41am On Nov 18, 2007
One simple trick: look at where people's DSTV dishes are pointing; then for NSS7 22w, turn your dish to about 90 degrees of where DSTV dishes are pointing and start there making very very slow side movements

You can compare where to point them by using www.dishpointer.com as I advised earlier.

Good luck

Edit: first of all use the site to see where 36e (DSTV) should point in Lagos; then change to 22w and see where dish for that should point in Lagos; remember to type in 'Lagos, Nigeria' into location.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 10:46am On Nov 18, 2007
I can also tell you now that for NSS7 in Lagos, the dish elevation should be set to about 59.4; you will see the scale on the side of the dish/brackets.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 18, 2007
Hi guys,
i've been enjoyng myself wit my FTA stations. am on nss7 22w, and here are d stations i got, 10 in number.
RDV shows premiership once in a while but it is in french
france 24
lc 2
gtv
stv1
stv2
equinoxe tv
canal 2 international
tv5, cant seem 2 remember the 10th one.

my question is can someone help me out by giving me some freqs and symbol rates of some channel that can be viewable on nss7 ku-band.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 8:20pm On Nov 18, 2007
Congrats

However you have to tell us the full story about your installation!

To your request: I think what you can get now is about all you can get free on NSS7; you can of course also subscribe to Canalsat ---- but I wouldn't recommend it yet until you have done the best you can with FTA first.

Anyway the frequencies on NSS 7 can be found at the 2 following links (I think you can only get the stations on the West African beam):

http://www.lyngsat.com/nss7.html

http://www.flysat.com/nss7.php

Once again you must tell us the full story of your installation because that's how we all learn.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 19, 2007
On a normal day am not suppose to have gotten france 24, it just came along with tv 5,cos they re on d same satellite. that's why i thought there should still be more channels like that.
i pressed 8282,and something like key edit came up, whats d usefullness of that?
and concerning telling u guys about d installation,am replyng via my phone now,i'll post that tomorrow.
Enigma i know u still there,u've to hack into nss 7 oooooo,it's a must.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 12:42am On Nov 19, 2007
@Enitan

I don't think there are any current working keys for Canalsat Horizons; if I hear anything I'll post here.

France 24 situation: the thing with FTA is that new channels come up every now and then; eventually they will be listed on Lyngsat etc but there might be some gap. One of the best places to find out if there are new channels is: http://en.kingofsat.net/

You check such places and Lyngsat etc every now and then and occasionally you do a scan on your receiver. The other thing, keep checking the Canalsat channels once in a while as they can sometimes be opened by the operators theselves to give people a preview and encourage them to subscribe.

On http://en.kingofsat.net/ check the 'Temporarily FTA' section.

Finally, you must tell us the story of your installation because that's how we all learn.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 12:51am On Nov 19, 2007
thats good of u,i just noticed that direct 8 is scrambled now.
i will be checking every now and then.
thanks again, but personally what satellite do you think is the best on 90cm dish in lagos?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.