Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,310 members, 7,850,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:42 PM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (348537 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by okomogo(m): 10:51am On Aug 21, 2008
[color=#006600][/color]GOOD NEWS FOR FOLKS ON W4@36E,ABOUT 11 CHANNELS OF DSTV ARE NOW FREE ,JUST DO BLIND SCAN,YHE CHANELLS MIGHT BE FOR LONG SO ENJOY, WHILE IT LAST
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by okomogo(m): 10:57am On Aug 21, 2008
@JUSTX
YOU ARE A GURU,
I ENVY U OLOUN'
I THANK GOD FOR JOINING THIS FORRUM
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by graciousme(f): 11:03am On Aug 21, 2008
@okomogo

please wat is the frequency of the free dstv channels?thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by teetee123: 11:44am On Aug 21, 2008
@ all fta lovers

The following are temporarily free :
*nile sports for nilesat sport lovers
*mtv,history channel,cartoon network,hallmark for intelsat 10 users - may need to re scan for this multichoice channels

grin grin

@toxnaija
How u dey.Take care.Greetings from the family
cheesy
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by constantk: 11:56am On Aug 21, 2008
GUY i scanned yesterday but didn't get it. do i need to adjust anything? i am on intelsat 7/10 - My Tv and W4 - trendTv. Please let me know if there is any other thing i need to do.

what time can it be viewed.

rgds
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by constantk: 12:01pm On Aug 21, 2008
is it only accessible to c - band folks alone. na wa oo i too worry. abeg answer make a for relax small. i am on Ku- band.

cheers
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by MrGem(m): 2:09pm On Aug 21, 2008
@ALL>>> HOT NEWS
I just discovered after my installation this morning that the following DSTV channels are now FREE-TO-VIEW: Kaidy, Go, SSupdt, ZnRea, SS5, NaGeo, AMag+, SS7, SkyN, Mwld. All are on 12284H, 26480. Likewise, the known Channel O. Happy viewing, at least for now.

@pitodenz
Sir, I am still on that PVR problem.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by graciousme(f): 2:45pm On Aug 21, 2008
@baba_egun

please are you in abuja? i dont mind if you can put me throuh on how to get signals on some frequencies am not geting now,my installer is not too good,so i dont mind your help or explanation on how to go about it.thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by matthee(m): 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2008
God bless you guys
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bluehorizo(m): 4:53pm On Aug 21, 2008
Ilugun what satellite do i search on?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 21, 2008
@blue,

w4 36degEast
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 6:17pm On Aug 21, 2008
All FTA lovers on Nairaland:

In addition to buying the right LNB, Dish Size, and Pointing and aiming your dish, buying the right Coaxial cable is very important to your satellite installations. Cables with a low rating frequency can prevent you from locking on a particular Transponder/frequency on a given satellite or intermittently loss signal. To have optimum signal it is recommended that you use cables with a rating range of between 900 MHz — 2.4 GHz. Based on my location the Cable that come to mind is the RG6 or RG-6 cable. RG59 or RG-59 on the other hand is rated at maximum 1000MHz. I don't know what the cable designation number will be in Nigeria, but the key is to buy cables that can operate from 900MHz to 2.4GHz. Furthermore, cables with this specification can run up to 150ft (46 meters) without signal loss or degradation. My advice; do not use inferior cables for your installation, or the regular cable used for over the air (OTA) TV antenna, otherwise, your signal will suffer.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Gangsta101(m): 6:21pm On Aug 21, 2008
constant k

i cab imagine u must be stewing by now, everyone else seems to be getting these free channels except you, and no one seems to be paying attention to you, sorta like the kid who can't get the point of a joke that everyone else is laughing about, i don't have a decoder at the moment so i am also off the grid but let's see if we can be of any help to you.
first, what decoder are u using, i want to assume you r on either eutelsat w4 position at 36 eastor intelsat7/10 at 68 east. channel o is on the first while the others are on the second. why i am asking what decoder u r using is cos most people use strong and that is what i am familiar with.  the , v, they are talking about refers to the polarisation of the signal u can change this by pressing the menu button on your remote, under dish installation, come down to manual scan, navigate to the channel O freq, i don't know what it is so u have to find that out by yourself. u get there by shifting left or right on the second item under the manual scan screen. when u get to the freq, below it u will see an option h or v, change it to the necessary one, u should see the signal turn green. after that go up one level and do an auto scan. after this u should see. the channel appear. i am assuming u know how to follow these steps, if u don't, maybe u should be very specific about what the problem is then maybe i can help. cheers
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adewoyin: 8:36pm On Aug 21, 2008
av tried the frequincies all are working,on dstv
i appreciate been a member of nairaland.
please kindly update me on matches on rdv,
and stv,and are 2morocco showing premiership,please kindly update me twins,
please never tried to patch strong decoder to any decoder it will hang p the system.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nwabunnia(m): 11:56pm On Aug 21, 2008
Honestly, u guys are da bomb! I've learned a lot on this thread - and the forum generally. What u guys are doing is truly wonderful and I pray that one day even small me self would be able to proffer solutions to other members' problems/questions.

I just read Mr. Gem's post on the FTA DSTV channels like 10 minutes ago. Right now I am enjoying myself with those channels - can u believe it, Nat Geo for free! I just hope the whole thing would last a while make we enjoy small.

God bless and keep every member of this thread! Can I hear a big Ameeeeeen!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by toxnaija: 12:28am On Aug 22, 2008
baba egun,
thanks for the compliments.

all,
it seems the thread is alive again.2M maroc on Eutelsat w6 21.6e is the latest discovery for premiership.I have solved my RDV and GTV signal problems.thanks to mide2008 and Enitan who fried his decoder twice yesterday.the thing is now dead so he can't watch all the goodies.Please be careful when you are patching.Where else can we pick premiership?Please turn in your assignment.ART keys are still working,contrary to what some posters are writing.Enjoy DSTV for freeeeeee while it lasts.

Folly,
please call Enitan when you want to install your NILESAT.He is interested.

Vickoy,
adjust your lnb from left to right or vice versa to pick GTV.i solved that problem on my system on Tuesday.

Gofitech,
have you tried the feed 11643 vertical 2893 on w6 for signals?it is for west africa.thanks for the discovery of 2M Maroc.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by NashFTA(m): 7:03am On Aug 22, 2008
@Okomogo, Mr.Gem and all FTA Gurus,
I confirm that the 11 channels you have mentioned are FTA on 12284/H/26480 at W4-36East !!
What I found interesting after re-scaning my FTA decoder last night is that these channels (apart from channel O) are "replicas" of the coded "Irdeto" channels which still retain their 'dollar-sign' status. In other words, they appear as additional 10 channels on that transponder but without 'official' names. It appears like the 'encrypting machines' just went crazy and created FTA versions of the Irdeto channels!!
Anyhow, lets enjoy the show while it lasts, and hoping that these 'clone' versions of the real animals are here to stay!
Thanks to all the FTA gurus for your superb FTA research skills.

@All,
Anyone with ideas on what FTA "Feeds" can be tracked on Intelsat 7-10 (Ku-Band) and what their parameters are?

Have a great friday.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by constantk: 8:47am On Aug 22, 2008
Thanks jare GANGSTA101,

all i wanted to know is that- is it possible to see these channels using my 90cm DISH. I have been enjoying other channels including e!-TV for sometime now but going by what everybody is saying that Channel O, NatGeo etc are free, is what is getting me confused.

I will break it down,
Whenever i do a new search i.e blind scan the channels simply replicates itself at the moment i have more than 300 channels all replicas

My query: 1. How do i get this stations, guys tomorrow is saturday i need to enjoy them while they last.

2. How do i enter the TPs i.e the codes/frequencies --- please give me graphic illustration
i went through - installation - inserted the Pword - PID scan ( at this point it becomes confusing to me) i must confess i did not install the dish and decoder myself.

3. What band can i get it on C OR KU, this will go a long way helping me.

@ Gangsta101 and other Gurus

Please i will appreciate you immensely if you do this for me. Let me also testify!!! lol
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by captainus: 9:10am On Aug 22, 2008
@Constant K,
When I went through your posts i realised u are also on trendtv.This  position is where the deal is.If  your receiver has a  blind scan capability, then  rescan and the channels will appear  as Tv1,Tv2,Tv3  etc.

I tried entering the the parameters manually myself  but  the receiver wouldn't let me change the polarity from V to H and the message"same Tp exists" kept appearing.I then deleted the  12284V 26480 which was already on the receiver and tried  adding 12284H 26480  manually  but  still it wouldn't let me enter the polarity H.I even thought it was some DSTV juju    smiley. I then  did the blind scan  and it  was  then they came with the "unofficial" (i.e tv1, Tv2 etc)names

@ALL
Chelsea vrs Spurs(31/08/08) 12.30GMT will be aired live and FREE on 2M Maroc National
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 9:18am On Aug 22, 2008
@mide2008

Thank you Bro , i appreciate your response and all is understood. Am cool with this C-band dish stuff. Think i can do it all now , The only problem i have is very tall fence almost close to the one of Kirikiri max prison. Thats why am lying low now cheesy cheesy cheesy. Any member in IBADAN wanting to install a C-band can call me up and we learn together. Thank Mide2008 you are the man. And about the programming i think i get it now from your explanation that the jack stay separate from the decoder.Thanks

@okomogo

Thank you bro, i was just like you few months back , but with lots of dedication. I was able to learn from the REAL GURUS in the house. All you have to do it try out what you read in the forum and ask specific questions , that way you get quick help from us all.Thanks Bro

@All
Anyway i can get C-band on my 90cm dish? Thinking about the free goodies on 7/10. My other dish is on W3a ( at the moment enjoying MSNBC Olympic broadcast).

@folo28 and Enitan

I hope you two get together and have a go at that Nilesat for Folly. Please make sure you have good camera in hand , we really want to see how it all goes. A bit of technical photography , things we need to know , and maybe write up a tutorial out of your experience installing it. Man you guys are lucky, to have a go at installing nilesat.

@constantk
Try scanning with the satellite you have on W4( trend tv). And maybe its also free there , ' cos on 7/10 its only on C-band. And i guess you have Ku-band.

Thank you all ,

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adewoyin: 11:42am On Aug 22, 2008
my name is coker can someone tell me the matches on 2morocco,someone online
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adewoyin: 11:48am On Aug 22, 2008
am at ikorodu lagos , 4 any free to air,pls kindly contact me,A3 communication,or call my mobile line 08029461534,secondly can someone direct me on the location of w6 signal as per d dish,thks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adewoyin: 11:57am On Aug 22, 2008
baba egun,i appreciate all the contributor to dis link,thks am so excited,
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 12:02pm On Aug 22, 2008
constantk:

Thanks jare GANGSTA101,

all i wanted to know is that- is it possible to see these channels using my 90cm DISH. I have been enjoying other channels including e!-TV for sometime now but going by what everybody is saying that Channel O, NatGeo etc are free, is what is getting me confused.

I will break it down,
Whenever i do a new search i.e blind scan the channels simply replicates itself at the moment i have more than 300 channels all replicas

My query: 1. How do i get this stations, guys tomorrow is saturday i need to enjoy them while they last.

2. How do i enter the TPs i.e the codes/frequencies --- please give me graphic illustration
i went through - installation - inserted the Pword - PID scan ( at this point it becomes confusing to me) i must confess i did not install the dish and decoder myself.

3. What band can i get it on C OR KU, this will go a long way helping me.

@ Gangsta101 and other Gurus

Please i will appreciate you immensely if you do this for me. Let me also testify!!! lol

The best thing you can do is to call any of the names on the FTA FAQ thread i.e https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-152871.0.html, while you are still in front of your tv. That way, you can be guided.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bluehorizo(m): 12:55pm On Aug 22, 2008
I did blind searches on all the satellites and i got nothing. sad sad sadCan someone pls explain to me on how to go about it?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Gangsta101(m): 1:35pm On Aug 22, 2008
ConstantK/Blue horizo

i think twinstaiye's suggestion is the way to go. when u get home, switch on your decoder and tv, then load as much credit as possible and then call someone to put u thru. u know u didn't answer me about the type of decoder u r using. also, u didn't specify the signals u r receiving, i.e what channels. but if u r using a strong decoder and are currently receiving eutelsat w4 i.e dstv or trend tv, or hitv, then helping u won;t be a problem. any decoder from a paytv network might be a little harder to work with. all the best.

Mecussey,

u still didn't reply me about that three step charger, i'm still waiting to know how to recognize it. thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bluehorizo(m): 2:05pm On Aug 22, 2008
I use a HITV decoder.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by maskuraid(m): 2:48pm On Aug 22, 2008
@ilugunboy, thx for d info yesterday, i dd wat u asked and VOILA!!!!!!!!!!!!u guys r d bomb.thx a million jah bless.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2008
@maskuraid,

The pleasure is absolutely all mine. Enjoy it while it last cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 3:16pm On Aug 22, 2008
@bluehorizo and others who may have the same problem
If you are using HITV new decoder, here is what you will do to get the free channels on dstv

1. Go to 'installation'
2. Press 'TP set'
3. Scroll down to 'frequency'
4. Scroll pass all the frequency there
5. You will see frequency 12284 there, click it
6. then move down to 'scan all the channels' and click it
7. Press ok

Then exit.

Special thanks to urfriend, who give us a guide into this.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by constantk: 4:44pm On Aug 22, 2008
@TwinsTaiye, @Gangsta101,

I appreciate you guys, i have a complete idea now of what you guys are talking about. I can see TrendTv channels, HiTv channels and DSTV channels though coded with $ sign. I will try it out as you have outlined. Thanks and God bless you.

Please dont mind if i still call you tonite o.

I tried changing the freqeuncy yesterday but it gave me an error message like ''TP is the same or something loke that , ''

for me to change it effectively i had to change the first column from DEFAULT to USER.

Final question is this, can i get the stations on KU band because i use a 90cm dish and a strong 4653x decoder.

you guys are jujus, sorry i mean jurus no i mean gurus. lol!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by captainus: 4:50pm On Aug 22, 2008
@ Constant k,

If you read my post above you will solve the problem of the 'same TP exists'.Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.