Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,450 members, 7,850,570 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:00 AM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (348559 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by austinyet(m): 5:08pm On Aug 22, 2008
RDV on NSS7 will be showing following matches on this weekend: for SAT. LIVERPOOL vs MIDLESBROUGH @ 15:00 GMT & on SUN. WIGAN vs CHELSEA @ 13:30 GMT.More also GO AFRICA on EUTELSAT W3A will start SERIE A League with the following matches on SAT. 30th of August 2008: UDINESE vs PALERMO @ 15:45 GMT & SAMPDORIA vs INTERMILAN @ 18:15 GMT. Happy viewing to all members.Cheers.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by constantk: 5:26pm On Aug 22, 2008
@captainus
Thanks a bunch i will always appreciate everyone of you. You guys are the best. sometimes i wonder why our leaders will not allow young and productive minds like this to exhibit their God given talent.

@all gurus
your fountain of wisdom will not run dry.(amen)
I will call some of you tonite God willing, Twintaiye pls keep ur phone line open.

Finally before i put the issue to rest:
1.I was going through Lyngsat and I saw Eurobird - with beautiful channels but i was informed that i can only get the channels if and only if i have a C-band Satelite dish. Now what about NILESAT+ o my o my , the channels are also very beautiful, please is it possible for me to get channels on NILESAT with a KU-band satelite dish.

2. Since TrendTv has refused to transmit for free and my other dish is fallow, what good use can i put it into. I am sorry if i am taking you guys back in any way.

enjoy your weekend, please answer for me to enjoy mine too. Thank you.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adewoyin: 8:15pm On Aug 22, 2008
hi all gurus pls kindly tell me wat size of dish i will use in picking up the 2morocco,i need to watch the premiership.thks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adewoyin: 8:18pm On Aug 22, 2008
pls austin pls kindly give me information on w6 satteliete the direction,thks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adewoyin: 10:48am On Aug 23, 2008
pls twintaiye kindly help me with d system on w6wat size of dish can i used,
pls help me out,
when i checked up the the frequiinces ,on dstv position is stll active,
pls confirm.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by simpsmud: 12:33pm On Aug 23, 2008
anyone knows how to jtag srt-4653x ,,40pin connector
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Ajiareg(m): 5:40pm On Aug 23, 2008
Guys, am so happy i now have 12 dstv channels transmitting free on my Eutelsat w4, there s no channel like this freebies! Enjoy

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 23, 2008
@ all,
am here once again after a short break, i will try to narrate my experience in past few days
i guess toxnaija has given an hint.
I went in search for the RS-232 cable for connecting decoders to computers, after a long
search i finally got that, and am someone who is always ready for adventure, i tried transferring
the nilesat keys softcam badaru sent to some us few months ago using my flash first, but all i got was 'memory error'
so i connected my decoder to my computer and off i go, i transffered the nilesay softcam and BAM!!! my decoder went dead,
but the luckiest part was that whenever i put the receiver on, it blinks giving a signal to my computer that it's on and my system detected it
and i already had a backup plan in case of anything going wrong, i already have the strong patch
handy and i transferred that back to the decoder and here it was ressurected back, so many options
were added to my decoder, the system info was upgraded from aug 2007 to nov 2007, but still yet able
to use 6969 for etv, i did all this at midnite, so i went back to sleep when i woke up, i noticed that
i can now do data transfer from a flash, i transferred the strong patch again and it worked but didnt make any difference
cos it was still the same latest patch on it, so i decided to transfer the nilesat softcam thinking
maybe this time around i will be lucky, showing 10%, 20%, 99% and GBANG!!!! again my receiver went dead
i swithced it off and on again but the light signal didnt come up as before so i connected the receiver to the system
but my system didnt recognize all because the light was not flashing, i tried all i could, being an electronics engineer
but all was not avail, pitodenz/mide2008 all told me there's nothing i could do again, but i believe there's still a way out
am still working on that, i have tried getting the power circuit board from oshodi still not successful yet.But i believe there's a way out
so instead of waiting on that i went in search of Eurostar FTA digital Satellite ES-1 Decoder and can you believe what i've seen so far concerning the decoder,
its far better than strong decoders have used so far (i.e 4652 & 4653X), the blind scan is super fast, and it brings ferqs strong will never bring in blindscanning
and the signal strength is higher 40% signal strength in strong is equivalent to 48% in Eurostar, i will really adive anyone who is going for total FTA to go for that decoder and
its just N5,500 and it has no card slot, am really enjoying it now, you've got to operate strong decoders very well before you can operate this one.

Thanks

Below are the pictures of my decoder when i disassembled it and the new eurostar FTA i just got

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 23, 2008
the power circuit board inside the decoder has been removed, it has passed through primary troubleshooting nothing has been found yet now, its now ready to pass through the secodary troubleshooting which must be tested when there's power supply in it so as to determined if there's any open/short circuit, or current leakage, i believe there is something that still needed to be done, and i will all keep you posted.
I got some messages from OLA which i was instructed to pass on to you all here in the forum
He says and i qoute
"To all the gurus to be and honorable memebers i doff my hat for all of you.I have been feelin this great forum that have brought great minds from gar and wide. Thumbs up guys".

"I would like to quickly chip dis in with due respect to all, I would want all of us to try and tolerate one another.If for any reasons issues arise it should be settled amicably".

"I want to thank all those that have been calling, texting for one clarification or the other on this FTA stuff, i must confess I've also gained from u guys. We'll get THERE".

"We must all in one way or the other contribute to the growth of this great forum.Not only to receive but you also give back> This is the only way to keep this forum alive. One Love".
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 23, 2008
I must not forget to give kudos to OLA who is the brain behind me getting the eurostar decoder and i've still not yet regretted my actions, i challenge anyone to give that decoder a trial, cos you will surely be convinced.

@ Mide2008,
you once said if an OTA scan is done on a particular freq on intelsat 7/10 ku that it will download the original strong patch to your decoder i did that but nothing was downloaded to my deocder. what do you think might be wrong.

@ who-may-concerned,
those of you that are keen on getting one patch or the other, you must be ready for the unthinkable to be able to survive if you manage to fry your decoder just make sure you have an extra N5,500 available for eurostar if you are unlucky, its a pity that THOSE WHO HAVE EARS DONT LISTEN e.g enitan, but being an engineer you must be ready for any calamities and must think of a way out of the mess you find yourself in instead of drowning yourself with the worries, but i still dont regret my actions, cos sooner or later i will still want to satisfy my myself by doing what i just did
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 23, 2008
It seems W6 is the new bird to catch now, but its a pity that the west africa beam signal is not that strong in nigeria for 90 cm dish to track, check out this link for confirmation http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/ew6_waf.html the line that seems nearest to nigeria is 38dBw EIRP and the dish to get this signal is from 1.9m upwards, so those who have been calling me its just a waste of time, and resources.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bodejohn(m): 11:19pm On Aug 23, 2008
bodejohn:

@ all

i tried my might out on Nilesat with a 2.4m mesh dish.
The bird showed me that kaki no be leather.

2.4m mesh was my choice because of space contraints
and the fact that my supplier assured me i could pick the nauhgty bird on it.

i tried the dish on some other birds like Pas7/10, W4 and Nss 7.
I was suprised as i could not track W3 (7W) which i had ealier on a 90cm dish.

I am using strong's c+ku combined lnbf with the dish.

My questions are:

1) Has anybody in the south west (probably Lagos or Ibadan)
been able to track the bird with a 2.4m mesh.

I am asking this question again because there has been no clear answers on the thread.

2) Am i doing something wrong on the elevation since i couldn't track W3 on the east?

3) If Nilesat is elusive to a 2.4m dish what are my other options. i plan to motorize the dish.

I am in Ibadan.

Thanks

I decided to take a break from the forum to google out solutions
Since i did not receive convincing answers or suggestion.
Hope to give you details when i get it hooked up.

@ all

I think Dstv is up to some hidden agenda.
Twelve free channels of W4 and many more on pas 7?
When did they suddenly become father xmas afterall they are not vanzekin.

@ enitan2002

Since what you were doing before the receiver went off was just a software upgrade.
I suggest you leave the hardware and concentrate on the software.
There is just one more thing i think you can do.
Get another receiver of the same brand and do receiver to receiver transfer.
I have tried it before with the same cable that you used with your computer.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nwabunnia(m): 12:35am On Aug 24, 2008
bodejohn:

I think Dstv is up to some hidden agenda.
Twelve free channels of W4 and many more on pas 7?
When did they suddenly become father xmas afterall they are not vanzekin.

Hey Bodejohn, I like that one on Vanzekin. Very Funny. Anyhow, I agree with you about DSTV: they must really be up to something. Let's just wait and see what they come up with. But if I am to hazard a guess, I'll say they probably think it's a way of making people have a taste of "what they are missing" by not going for DSTV. Notice they still scrambled the really juicy channels; their way of saying, "if you want the main course, pay".

But I hope I speak for fellow FTAians by telling them, "una de waste una time if dat be una plan".
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mide2008(m): 8:27am On Aug 24, 2008
@enitan2002
when you get to the OTA menu the default freq there is 12722 26657 H and it is on intelsat 7/10 ku the signal, strength will turn green and you will press okay to scan. the result of the scan is to let you know if there a strong software available on satellite for download and the version. if there is you will be prompt to download.
although the Eurostar decoder is good but i will advice you to try and get a strong decoder because it is the only decoder that is available in Nigeria which is always having it patches updated and is listed mostly in all the satellite forums. if you want to get one, you need to be wary of fake strong decoders available at Alaba Int. market, i will advice you to go an accredited dealer of MYTv Africa it is from them that you can get the original decoder.
Like you have rightly said the west africa beam of w6 cannot be picked with a 90cm dish. the minimum dish size is 1.8m and the signal strength cannot be more than 50 to 56% on strong 4653x or 40-46% on other strong series.
@bodejohn
nilesat can be tracked on 2.4m mesh at Ibadan. What you need to do is to get a good installer to track it for you.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by babaegun(m): 11:45am On Aug 24, 2008
@ graciousme

Oh gracious me! The only FTA Lady in the house!

Am sorry, am presently on vacation in Lagos with my family. So no FTA for me until I return to Abuja (honestly, I miss all the newly discovered FREE DSTV Channels).
You can't get all the channels on NILESAT unless you get a bigger dish and the award winning Fuji LNB. But let me ask you this, Which frequencies are you not getting? Please, let me know by checking from the Lyngsat site. From your previous posts, you have the ART Channels. This means, you have several channels than some of us.  But if you still want to receive all the channels, then you need a bigger dish (3.0m).

@ toxnaija, mide2008 & adewoyin
"Na wee?, mi bayi susu" (How now?, Thanks a lot)

@all
As always, you guys should keep up the good work.

On a lighter mode
I was at Alaba Market over the weekend to pick a new TV for my mother (as the old one decided to pack up some days before I arrived Lagos)
Those Alaba boys are vultures. The way they swooped on me was legendary. In fact, getting a breathing space from them was difficult as they kept following me everywhere and shouting: “We dey do promo now”, “Lets go to my shopu”, I go gif you 5 years guarantee”, “I be LG distributor oo” angry.
I eventually saw a shop which I entered, but was told that they wouldn’t test the TV for me. Haba! sad In fact, somebody (who tried to help) even told me that when I finished paying, I will then go to another shop to do the testing with N200.00! Those guys are thieves. I quickly ran  from the shop.

I was lucky (so I thought) to get another shop where they agreed to sell & test the TV for me. I chose an LG product. On switching the TV ON, lo and behold, It was SHARP ELECTRONICS that was displayed at startup!! grin Haba. When the guy saw the disbelief on my face, he just couldn’t help laughing too. Well, the guy brought another TV, Sony WEGA. Very beautiful. It was OK at startup. On connecting an antenna, the channels came out nice. I was almost telling the guy to pack it into the carton when I remembered I’ve not tested it with a DVD player. So I asked the guy to connect it to a DVD player. He was hesitant as he told me that there was no need that it will work fine but I stood my ground. It was then he told me the TV can only display BLACK & WHITE on video! sad A Colour TV? Thank God the money was still in my pocket. Else, I’ll be the one begging them to return my money which I learnt is not in their character to do. I bolted out of the place.
I had wanted to pick the Fuji LNB too but that experience taught me that I might end up buying a FUJIrege LNB grin. So FTA Lovers, If you want to enjoy FTA, don’t buy your TV or anything from Alaba unless you understand their ways well.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by biggjoe(m): 12:30pm On Aug 24, 2008
I quite agree with nwabunia,
DSTV is wasting their time if they are planning to lure us to their bouquet by leaving these channels unencrypted.

We have always known how their services are and we also know how dear they are. Some of us even combine dstv with FTA. I really dont think that strategy will work.

But, Could it be that their encryption process has gone wrong?

Whatever it is, we are enjoying these chanels while they are available, without any thanks im sure.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Gangsta101(m): 12:53pm On Aug 24, 2008
Baba Egun,

ha ha! that was a good one (or should i say bad one), your experience was priceless to say the least. these days u can't be sure what to buy again or where to buy whatever it is u can't make up your mind to buy in the first place ( hope that makes sense). the biggest problem with buying things in NIGERIA these days is that first, the only things available in the market are the models that are archaic, then they sell them to u at ridiculously high prices, and when u become dependent on them, they start giving u the fake version of what is in the first place substandard.
the fact is that the consumer does not have a say in what he or she is getting when it comes to quality so that now we are entirely dependent on whatever it is the manufacturers in the far east decide they want to give us, and what the unscrupulous importers decide to bring in for us. POOR US.

Graciousme a lady!!! well, that's another good one. welcome aboard.

Enigma,

i can't remember seeing a post from u in a while, hope all is well? we miss having ur input here.

Constant k

any luck with your DSTV set up

All

Have you guys noticed how editorial twinstaiye's post have become of recent, he seems to have become a true moderator, he only steps in go give what seems like final summations (sorta like a judge ha ha).
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by memento: 8:18pm On Aug 24, 2008
HEY CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS!!! THE ALMIGHTY BBA111 IS LIVE ON ONE OF THE FREE CHANNELS. THE AMAGIC+ ITS REALLY KOOL WATCHING LIVE WHAT SOO MANY PEOPLE ARE SCRAMBLING TO PAY FOR. FTA URE THE ONE
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Mustay(m): 9:31pm On Aug 24, 2008
Buying at Alaba requires the EMPLOYMENT of an industry player to guide you in your buying decisions. It's even ironical that most of the times, what those guys call FAKE is actually ORIGINAL!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by biggjoe(m): 9:51pm On Aug 24, 2008
This is simply exciting! Im also watching BBA III free on Africa magic plus.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nwabunnia(m): 10:09pm On Aug 24, 2008
@ baba_egun

Sorry bro, but like I always say, "the fear of Alaba traders is the beginning of wisdom". Those my brothers are baaaaaaad! Believe me I've also had my fair share of unsavoury encounters with those guys - even my cousins there. These days, you'll never catch me going to the open market to buy any electronics. I always go to authorised dealers/resellers and even though things may be a bit more expensive there than in the open markets, at least you are sure of getting the original stuff. Some goods are even cheaper there. Thank God here in Abuja, you can get authorised resellers with ease even at Neighbourhood Center.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by toxnaija: 10:19pm On Aug 24, 2008
baba egun,
you must be a great baba sala/baba suwe/baba latin combined.you should have tried the fuji lnb nowwww.

all,
Channel O went off this morning but others are still on.I enjoyed a Ghanian movie on africamagic+ Darkness of sorrow featuring Nadia Buari AND VAN VICKER inspite of the fact that i hate its Nollywood-based counterpart Africamagic.
W6 can be picked on only 1.8m and above.the 2M Maroc Nat on it is different from 2M MarocMonde on Nilesat and Atlantic bird,so no premiership on these birds except W6.
Please comment on Enitan's discovery of Eurostar decoder.What are the pros and cons compared to Strong?Over to you fellow gurus.
Has anyone tried the OSMI feed on NSS703 C-band?free Spanish la liga and grade c premiership and highlights.
Spanish super cup running now on Supersport 5 W4 free.Are you watching?
folly,
how far with your Nilesat installation?

Graciousme,
I am stll expecting your call oooo.

Enigma,
Howdy,where you dey?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nwabunnia(m): 11:19pm On Aug 24, 2008
Yes Ch O is off and I am not trying to be a doomsday prophet here but I think the others would follow sooner than we expected sad.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Mustay(m): 11:25pm On Aug 24, 2008
Channel O is still A fta STATION. Saw it some 20 mins ago.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by graciousme(f): 12:05am On Aug 25, 2008
@all

am i really the only FTA lady in the house?!!!

@toxnaija

i will certainly call you soon,sooner than you think,ok?

@baba_egun

so you are really an egun? hope your vacation is going on fine,i miss badagry too,used to live in ijanikin.enjoy! but come back soon.

@twinstaiye

thanks bro! God bless you all.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Mustay(m): 6:30am On Aug 25, 2008
I have an Eurostar decoder(Nokia)
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by memento: 9:24am On Aug 25, 2008
hmmmm, has the DSTV freebie ended or what?? pls let house members confirm
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 9:58am On Aug 25, 2008
Enigma,

i can't remember seeing a post from u in a while, hope all is well? we miss having your input here.

Hi Gangsta and Hi again everyone.

I've been away/busy/travelling although I have been looking in from time to time; in fact, I logged in a couple of times when I was in North Africa (Tunisia). I see peeps are enjoying part of the DSTV bouquet which is good news for as long as it lasts.

I am not fully back in the swing of latest FTA developments but soon I should know what is happening. One development though: I have now just replaced my 80cm dish with a 1m dish and I can now get some channels on Nilesat. I can receive the Showtime frequencies but of course the channels are currently scrambled; I cannot receive most H polarisation frequencies which means I cannot currently get the ART/Phela stations.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by rawunkat1: 11:40am On Aug 25, 2008
i live in tema,ghana and very much interested in fta. so far i intend getting hooked on 22.0w nss7, 7.0w nilesat on one dich and whilst getting 68.5e intelsat 7/10, 78.5 e thaicom5 on another dish. yeah u might say i'm greedy. but i can't help it if i know i can get all of the above for free.
my main corncern is, does anybody on this forum who lives in ghana has a idea of what i need to get my dream come true.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by rawunkat1: 11:41am On Aug 25, 2008
i live in tema,ghana and very much interested in fta. so far i intend getting hooked on 22.0w nss7, 7.0w nilesat on one dich and whilst getting 68.5e intelsat 7/10, 78.5 e thaicom5 on another dish. yeah u might say i'm greedy. but i can't help it if i know i can get all of the above for free.
my main corncern is, does anybody on this forum who lives in ghana has a idea of what i need to get my dream come true.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adewoyin: 12:26pm On Aug 25, 2008
channelo as went dead,since 2 days ago,but the rest are stll der.

i really thaks all d guru in d house wat about the globecast are der showg premieship,

thks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adewoyin: 12:29pm On Aug 25, 2008
hello ,twintaiye u are been so wonderful,i love dis forum,beebeto,cand,and rest 4 giving all memeber confidence in the forum,i appreciate u so much,thks

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.