Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,334 members, 7,857,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 02:13 PM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (348861 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by constantk: 12:32pm On Aug 25, 2008
@Captainus @Gangsta101: Thanks a bunch bro.

@Twinstaiye: I am simply amazed at your kool kalm and kollected nature even calling you at odd time in the nite did not bother you a bit and when my phone credit finished you called me back, you are a great guy. I am thankful, just dont know how to express my gratitude.

@everyone: at last i caught the channels. my dish shifted a bit and i lost contact with W4. men i spent 1k credit calling because i was like a fish out of water whilst everyone was watching this channels i was having difficulties.

at last i have the channels thanks to God. Thanks to Twinstaiye.

I love you guys. true! ch o is off as at this morning.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by memento: 12:32pm On Aug 25, 2008
channelo as went dead,since 2 days ago,but the rest are stll der.

yep; the freebies are back at least from ma end here, wasnt working since morning, just came on , kool sha. enjoy while it lasts, hope to watch the BBA111 later in the day if the generosity continues.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by linksman(m): 12:49pm On Aug 25, 2008
@ raw-unkat,
check captainus profile for his contact details. i believe he lives in Ghana

@ all,
can any of my esteemed senior gurus in da house give me answers to the following questions:-
1. can i use a 90cm dish to pick signals on pas 7/10 C-band frequency?
2. is there an LNB that can receive both KU and C band signals simultanously? if yes, which brand is very good and the cost of the LNB?

i look forward to ur response.
thanks all
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bode4real(m): 1:15pm On Aug 25, 2008
infomatics:

GET YOUR BROWSING SOFWARES FOR FREE -DONT PAY A DIME!
@all - I SWEAR I LL GIV IT TO You FREE!
all those wishing to browse free on all the various networks, i can help you out. which ever one you want. either Free Browsing on Phone or Pc on what ever network, just place your request and i will send you the softwares FREE!

YIM me on : infomatics1@yahoo.com or call 07031800025
or if you live in warri, we can meet and i help you out.

waiting for the software i just send u a mail now or send me at oyebode.o@pg.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bode4real(m): 1:18pm On Aug 25, 2008
infomatic
pls i need the software if its totally free.
oyebodewale@yahoo.com or oyebode.o@pg.com thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 3:21pm On Aug 25, 2008
@adewoyin and constantk, you are both welcome, what are friends for. grin

@linksman
you can get c band pas 7/10 with as high as 1.8M dish check this link http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/intel10_c.html
check that Nigeria map is between 35 and 36, check the table on the right and see that 35 and 36 have up to 160 - 200, that shows it is within 1.6m and 2m dish.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sathob(m): 3:26pm On Aug 25, 2008
@capitanus
hi can i have ur contact either e-mail or phone but phone will do better.
tnx

@all
gtreez
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sathob(m): 3:35pm On Aug 25, 2008
bode4real:

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by salamander(m): 3:35pm On Aug 25, 2008
raw-unkat:

i live in tema,ghana and very much interested in fta. so far i intend getting hooked on 22.0w nss7, 7.0w nilesat on one dich and whilst getting 68.5e intelsat 7/10, 78.5 e thaicom5 on another dish. yeah u might say i'm greedy. but i can't help it if i know i can get all of the above for free.
my main corncern is, does anybody on this forum who lives in ghana has a idea of what i need to get my dream come true.

I live in Accra. You have to get 3m dish motorised. You need about 4m dish to get nilesat. Thaicom? I wonder if anyone gets it in Ghana.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sathob(m): 3:46pm On Aug 25, 2008
@salamander
theoritically one can get Thaicom in Ghana when you visit lyngsat http://www.lyngsat.com/thai5.html and it's map site
(http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/thai5_global.html) the foot print covers most of Africa. And the EIRP is 30dbW on this footprint.
Let's give it a try   smiley

or what do u think?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by folo28(m): 4:04pm On Aug 25, 2008
Yeah, I eventually got the 3m fiber dish on Saturday and set off for the NileSat installation by myself on Sunday because the dish fabricator who also does installation encouraged me when he saw how well informed I am about FTA, he then hinted me to track NSS 7 first, then reduce the elevation to pick NileSat, he also adviced that the distance of the LNB from the center of the dish should be 110cm.

Enitan2002 was on hand to witness and assist with the installation, getting the dish of that size to the roof top was the first battle which we succeeded in doing in record time, coupling the parts together was quite easy too though with some stress in lifting the 3m dish up for mounting. We had a TV and receiver up there for scanning the signals.

An attempt was made to track NSS 7, we couldn't even get a wind of it despite the fact that I could almost boast of tracking it within a twinkle of an eye with a 90cm dish, Enitan2002 was of the opinion that the direction of the signal might be different for the big dish, a direct attempt was made to track NileSat signal, the result was the same. All adjustment of the Fuji LNB, focal length, rotation and up/down swing of the 3m couldn't track a thing, after about 4hours plus tracking, at about 6.30pm we resolved to getting an installer to come in at another time for the installation though Enitan2002 had to leave, coincidentally a call came in from someone I had put on standby for the installion if need be, the person then connected me an installer who eventually arrived at my place at about 8.30pm.

The installer turned out to be very sharp and level head too, he checked the dish set-up and said it was okay, he removed the elevation suspender to allow more room for the up/down movement of the dish and tried tracking NSS 7 & NileSat all without luck, he then turned the dish in the direction of EutelSatW4 and input this frequency 11747 V 27500, after a little attempt, lo and behold we were able to receive signal on that bird, then he returned the dish to the opposite direction, again the installer tried tracking NSS 7 & NileSat, nothing was coming forth, on turning the dish in West South direction with up/down movement of the dish, he was able to track NSS 7 with about 87% signal quality and he quickly marked the stand, he then went on to adjust the Fuji LNB and the focal point severally, all attempt at NileSat was still failling.

The installer, to my surprise, now removed the Fuji LNB and replaced it with a strong ku LNB, after some attempt, lo and behold NileSat signals started coming in, we were getting about 40% - 50% signal quality, he later replaced the strong LNB with the Fuji one and adjusted the focal point, he continued with the adjustment and tracking severally and the NileSat signal kept fluctuating, the then adjusted the focal point and measured the Length of the LNB to the center of the dish which was about 110cm as recommend, he then tracked NileSat again which had become seemly easier to track now. The installer now started tightening all the bolts and nuts gradually and ensuring that the the NileSat signal quality remained about 50%, eventually we had about 55% quality after the whole setup was well fastened, at this point the time was about 11.30pm so we did a blind scan and as expected over three hundred channels we saved.

I was only able to scan through the stations briefly because it was very late and we had to pack up from the roof top, shortly afterwards it started raining, as with ku, signal went bad so I left off there, the bottom line is that I can now receive NileSat and I can't wait to close from work to go home to see all that is available on that bird though it will take me some time to familiarize myself with the channels.

Enitan2002 has some pix of the setup, I will let you all in on my findings and picture of the setup in my subsequent posts. I guess for me, it is welcome to the world of quality FTA channels and entertainment so to say.

Later.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by salamander(m): 4:59pm On Aug 25, 2008
@sathob

You are right about Thaicom. The angle looks very acute.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by captainus: 5:19pm On Aug 25, 2008
@ Sathob,
U can get me on captainus@hotmail.co.uk
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adewoyin: 6:24pm On Aug 25, 2008
thks twinstaiye,pls kindly send me ur phone number.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by rawunkat1: 6:32pm On Aug 25, 2008
@salamander
how much does 3m or 4m motorised dich cost in ghana, and how do i get it
pls let me know the other cost involved
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adewoyin: 6:34pm On Aug 25, 2008
hello ,iinfomatics  i do appreciate ur carg and been available at all time.u are so fine thks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by biggjoe(m): 7:30pm On Aug 25, 2008
I dont think Channel O is completely out. It keeps coming on and off. However, its no longer on the frequency it came on.

Whenever it comes back, it replaces Magic World until it goes again.

@Enigma,

Welcome back, your absence is very obvious on this thread.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by yaris(m): 2:13am On Aug 26, 2008
hi everyone,

folo28,
hi, pls wats your location and how much did the fabrication cost you.

infomatics1,
hi, i just sent you an email.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sayso: 7:15am On Aug 26, 2008
folo28:

Yeah, I eventually got the 3m fiber dish on Saturday and set off for the NileSat installation by myself on Sunday because the dish fabricator who also does installation encouraged me when he saw how well informed I am about FTA, he then hinted me to track NSS 7 first, then reduce the elevation to pick NileSat, he also adviced that the distance of the LNB from the center of the dish should be 110cm.

Enitan2002 was on hand to witness and assist with the installation, getting the dish of that size to the roof top was the first battle which we succeeded in doing in record time, coupling the parts together was quite easy too though with some stress in lifting the 3m dish up for mounting. We had a TV and receiver up there for scanning the signals.

An attempt was made to track NSS 7, we couldn't even get a wind of it despite the fact that I could almost boast of tracking it within a twinkle of an eye with a 90cm dish, Enitan2002 was of the opinion that the direction of the signal might be different for the big dish, a direct attempt was made to track NileSat signal, the result was the same. All adjustment of the Fuji LNB, focal length, rotation and up/down swing of the 3m couldn't track a thing, after about 4hours plus tracking, at about 6.30pm we resolved to getting an installer to come in at another time for the installation though Enitan2002 had to leave, coincidentally a call came in from someone I had put on standby for the installion if need be, the person then connected me an installer who eventually arrived at my place at about 8.30pm.

The installer turned out to be very sharp and level head too, he checked the dish set-up and said it was okay, he removed the elevation suspender to allow more room for the up/down movement of the dish and tried tracking NSS 7 & NileSat all without luck, he then turned the dish in the direction of EutelSatW4 and input this frequency 11747 V 27500, after a little attempt, lo and behold we were able to receive signal on that bird, then he returned the dish to the opposite direction, again the installer tried tracking NSS 7 & NileSat, nothing was coming forth, on turning the dish in West South direction with up/down movement of the dish, he was able to track NSS 7 with about 87% signal quality and he quickly marked the stand, he then went on to adjust the Fuji LNB and the focal point severally, all attempt at NileSat was still failling.

The installer, to my surprise, now removed the Fuji LNB and replaced it with a strong ku LNB, after some attempt, lo and behold NileSat signals started coming in, we were getting about 40% - 50% signal quality, he later replaced the strong LNB with the Fuji one and adjusted the focal point, he continued with the adjustment and tracking severally and the NileSat signal kept fluctuating, the then adjusted the focal point and measured the Length of the LNB to the center of the dish which was about 110cm as recommend, he then tracked NileSat again which had become seemly easier to track now. The installer now started tightening all the bolts and nuts gradually and ensuring that the the NileSat signal quality remained about 50%, eventually we had about 55% quality after the whole setup was well fastened, at this point the time was about 11.30pm so we did a blind scan and as expected over three hundred channels we saved.

I was only able to scan through the stations briefly because it was very late and we had to pack up from the roof top, shortly afterwards it started raining, as with ku, signal went bad so I left off there, the bottom line is that I can now receive NileSat and I can't wait to close from work to go home to see all that is available on that bird though it will take me some time to familiarize myself with the channels.

Enitan2002 has some pix of the setup, I will let you all in on my findings and picture of the setup in my subsequent posts. I guess for me, it is welcome to the world of quality FTA channels and entertainment so to say.

Later.
[color=#006600][/color]

guy you have done ok,tracking this things can be very encouraging knowing  what you will get later.The story is very good,pls keep us posted on what you have in terms of channels.have a nice day wt Nilsat ch's
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by NashFTA(m): 7:39am On Aug 26, 2008
@biggjoe,
I don't think Channel O is completely out. It keeps coming on and off. However, its no longer on the frequency it came on. Whenever it comes back, it replaces Magic World until it goes again.

Channel 'O' is usually available on the Magic World channel daily from around 21Hrs GMT to the following day at 9Hrs GMT. And this is usually a 'live feed' into the Magic World channel from the actual Channel O.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by constantk: 8:25am On Aug 26, 2008
@GreatFTAGurus @Twinstaiye

Please never mind that at this stage i am still asking questions, but know one thing for sure that later i will be a teacher and guru like y'all.

A quick question please!!! I did a blind scan on Intelsat 7/10 and discovered that there are some channels with TV1, 8 but at the moment i can't watch anything on those channels. Please if there is any info that i need to watch these channels if they are transmitting.

What frequency abi na TP will i use. Other info please.

Thanks. cool shocked

I am really enjoying the DSTV channels oooo. even BBA sef. dont call me oliver twist but i need those other channels
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 8:31am On Aug 26, 2008
constantk:

A quick question please!!! I did a blind scan on Intelsat 7/10 and discovered that there are some channels with TV1, 8 but at the moment i can't watch anything on those channels. Please if there is any info that i need to watch these channels if they are transmitting.
What frequency abi na TP will i use. Other info please. Thanks. cool shocked

Those are  a TV channel that is taking shape, it will soon come up, but it may take time.  What you will do is note down the frequency and the symbol rate, and keep searching such frequencies from time to time, who knows, in a short run, the channel may come up. I think I came across it one time before.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by folo28(m): 8:41am On Aug 26, 2008
@ yaris,
I am based in Lagos, I reside at Abule Egba area. I got the 3m fiber dish for 40,000 thousand naira.

@ sayso & all,
I guess I have all the expected channels like MBCs, Aljazeree etc, I haven't really taken my time to go through properly, by the weekend I will try to collate all the channels that I am getting and keep u guys posted.

later
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by NashFTA(m): 9:20am On Aug 26, 2008
@Constantk and twinstaiye,
Please let us know on which Frequency, Symbolrate and Poralisation you got those 'future' channels on Intelsat 7/10. And are they on Ku or C-Band?
Cheers.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 9:47am On Aug 26, 2008
@folo28
You are there now , thats the ultimate goal of every FTA lover here i Africa. Just like you traveling around the world and not visiting NEW YORK. Thanks for all the information, Can be very useful for some of us who are still learning. And am so happy my Oga (Enitan) was able to help you out. Good work ,

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by McAdeex(m): 10:22am On Aug 26, 2008
i saw sometin about daarsat on tv yesternight does any one know where the bird its going to be transmitting from.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by linksman(m): 11:58am On Aug 26, 2008
@ McAdeex,
i saw the report also, and it is also on daar communications website(www.daargroup.com), but they did not indicate any technical details relating to the satelite beam that will be carrying their signals.
all they just said was that, they will be launching next month.
i guess, we would just have to wait and see.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by fasone(m): 12:57pm On Aug 26, 2008
@baba_egun

that is a good one there, an eye opener ("Laju e" stuff as lagosians would says) but really educative. i think that it is high time government restructure that monster called "Alaba" who knows, a few of the fire incidents in nigeria might be traced to fake things bought from the market. the northern part is not endowed with a market like that and you can pick up your stuffs from reputable shops/outlets at reasonable prices.
do enjoy ur leave in the splendour egun empire.

@all
kudos to u all, happy tracking and viewing
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by badaru1(m): 3:34pm On Aug 26, 2008
@ ENITAN
please call meI lost your nos. 08053223272,08066061677
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sathob(m): 4:47pm On Aug 26, 2008
@Captainus
Thanks for the response.  smiley

@infomatics1
Tnx a lot for da reply through my mail

@all
for the first time I hooked on to NSS 7 on Sunday to have a feel of their channels. Well I have not regreted changing from Intelsat 7/10 to NSS 7 even though I neither understand nor speak French.

between the hours of 15:00 and 2000 GMT I can watch canalsat Horizon and after that it goes scramble. Yesterday, I wanted to watch the premiership match b/n Man U and Portsmouth and RDV also went scramble just at the start of the match . I was glad to have the match telescast on STV2 and some local staitons.

all I want to know is, does anyone experience what I did in the past days?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by rawunkat1: 7:03pm On Aug 26, 2008
@Captainus

pls can u tell me how to get 3m dish plus fuji lnd i live in tema. most importantly i have this guy who says he can get with 3m dish. how far is this true?
cant wait to hear from u.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by rawunkat1: 7:05pm On Aug 26, 2008
@Captainus

please can u tell me how to get 3m dish plus fuji lnd i live in tema. most importantly i have this guy who says he can get nilesat with 3m dish. how far is this true?
can't wait to hear from u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.