Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,314 members, 7,850,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:52 PM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (348538 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sayso: 10:55am On Sep 04, 2008
@all
guys in the house,my RDV on nss7 has gone off,try blind scan still nothing,can somebody comfirm if this is general or what am I not doing right.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Hawkeye(m): 11:15am On Sep 04, 2008
I need a DSTV smart card. call on 08076252350
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adewoyin: 12:50pm On Sep 04, 2008
check very well,nss7 rdv is working,or call me 0n 2348029461534.coker is my name,
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bodejohn(m): 1:02pm On Sep 04, 2008
@ all

RDV on Nss 7 has been having some low quality ( 35 - 43%) with my 60cm dish.
I hope it will improve as weather conditions improve.

There ia also a new music channel on Pas 7/10.
It is on the same transponder with the footschool.
It is called NG Music. I think it belongs to Mytvafrica.

We can atleast enjoy it while it is still free.

What matches will be up on RDV this weekend?

Cheers
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 1:21pm On Sep 04, 2008
NG Music on the same freq as footschool? I had not catch that yet, I will sure check when I get home. Thanks for the info.

[size=14pt]@NASH-FTA
I need to speak to you please, I need to ask for a favour. I dont know your email, I would have email you, kindly email me so I can call you or email you on the favour.[/size]
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by tosincci: 3:34pm On Sep 04, 2008
Good day all
I need some help please on some issues
I have a 2.4 mesh dish and get somme stations on NSS7 but no LCF,RDV,STV stations
Also i can't get Eutelsat W3A
d dish is motorised so i use it for my Hi-tv,e-tv etc
Does anyone know if Fox sports Jamaica on Intelsat 805 still works or CFI.
Any luck with nilesat on 2.4 mesh in Lagos yet.
i v been at school(LUTH) and just came back so i aint current
Also any where i can buy a RS232 cable please.My strong software is too old and can't discramble stuuff.Cant even enter codes.
THANKS all.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 5:06pm On Sep 04, 2008
My Fellow Nairaland FTA Lovers in Naija!!!!!

I was wondering how much RS-232 Null cable Modem costs in Naira? It seem lots of people need it on this forum, but there are no suppliers. I maybe able to do something if the cost is worth the venture
undecided
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adewoyin: 6:04pm On Sep 04, 2008
lcf is back, on 11602v2221,u get it on nss7,and rdv is coming with 3 matches start from 13th september,2 on sat,1 on sunday,everton match,wigan,liverpool matches,try on sat,r232 cost 1000 naira here in lagos,fox jaimaica is nt showing nw ,On nss7 its on ku not c-band ,so if u are using c-band u cannt watch rdv or stv,try to get your near installer to do it for you,or call my number 2348029461534,so i can tell  u more,the quality on rdv as improve today,try to check your system,
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adewoyin: 6:10pm On Sep 04, 2008
adewoyin:

lcf is back, on 11602v2221,u get it on nss7,and rdv is coming with 3 matches start from 13th september,2 on sat,1 on sunday,everton match,wigan,liverpool matches,try on sat,r232 cost 1000 naira here in lagos,fox jaimaica is nt showing nw ,On nss7 its on ku not c-band ,so if u are using c-band u cannt watch rdv or stv,try to get your near installer to do it for you,or call my number 2348029461534,so i can tell u more,the quality on rdv as improve today,try to check your system,
secondly dont miss out carling cup and fa cup on w3a,
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by tosincci: 6:16pm On Sep 04, 2008
adewoyin
tanks.i installed my dish mmyself combinin both C nad Ku band so i recieve both.
I will try out those stations again.mayb their signals r just weak cos i get good Canal and LC2 signals
Where can i get d R232 cable.
Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adewoyin: 9:18pm On Sep 04, 2008
thks,tosin i can help u out,kindly give me a call,to download ur strong decoder,
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adewoyin: 9:20pm On Sep 04, 2008
tosin am on net let chat nw,adewoyincoker@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by obnelly: 10:28pm On Sep 04, 2008
Guys in the house i Used to experience drop in mbc signal on w3a bird in the evening around 6-10pm .Does anybody experience this,
? in the day and afternoon signal strenght up to 60-70 but in the evening it dropd to 32-29.ANY SOLUTION.

By this weekend i wanna lay my hands on the BOMB of entertainments and sports,NILESAT.Pray for me badaru and co. because its going to be a tu war .i shall keep u abreast of the whole show.its fun and entertaining exploring the world of satellite.Proud to be a member of nairalander.c u all on top
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by obnelly: 10:37pm On Sep 04, 2008
with your 1.8m dish try to inputs the frequencies manually and search on your decoder you should be able to get rdv,stv and lcf on your mesh dish but for nilesat i doubt that,because our signal is weak here though with your 2.4m you are likely get luck if you can track it.i want to try 2.4m to track nilesat i will post the pictures and channels.and signal strenght.dont be disturbed even in europe they use big dish to track nilesat ,the signal too is weaker i that region.so lets keep reading the thread and lets keep researching,Goodluck.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by NashFTA(m): 7:02am On Sep 05, 2008
To all PAS 7/10 users:
Starting yesterday, there are two new FTA channels on 12562 / H / 26657 and they are also reapeated on
11712 / H / 26657 (the 'new' transponder). The two 'arabic' channels are (i) Iqraa; and (ii) Noursat.

To all W3A users:
The extra transponder 12605 / V / 27500 is still active. Has anyone tracked any video or sound on it yet?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by NashFTA(m): 7:07am On Sep 05, 2008
@Obnelly,
I also experience a weak MBC signal on W3A around that time almost daily. My guess is that since the signal comes from mauritius - a tiny Island in the Indian ocean - there is likelihood of heavy rainfall / storm around that area daily hence weakening the Ku-Band uplink signal. Just trying to use the little geography I learnt in school years ago!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by NashFTA(m): 7:46am On Sep 05, 2008
@Twinstaiye,
You wrote:

"@NASH-FTA
I need to speak to you please, I need to ask for a favour. I don't know your email, I would have email you, kindly email me so I can call you or email you on the favour".

Check your Private Email.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by wahwah: 8:55am On Sep 05, 2008
mbc signal is uplinked and downlink by satellite in digila format it has nothing to with weather as there uplink is from is either from south africa or europe
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by fijano2002: 9:33am On Sep 05, 2008
i Neeed Help ,i just boguht a Hitv decorder ,i can only get 20 channels on it ,Pls how can i get more channels, i bought it cos i needed to watch the premiership ,but i get really bored of it during the week days, i want more channel on the Hitv ,my number is 08080360248 ,Pls txt me if you can help me out ,or mail me on fijiano2002@yahoo.cm or reply to my Ad,you can reply me on this site ,i promise ot make it up to you
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 9:35am On Sep 05, 2008
Thai5 @ 78 degrees,has anyone tried it?i guess some freq there is global and the beam covers us very well,but considering the angle it might look imposible because of our elevation,but am going to give it a try since i can be able to get 72 degree its only 6 degrees down.i ll get u guys posted.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by fijano2002: 9:43am On Sep 05, 2008
Pls do you know anything about getting more channesl on hItv
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 9:57am On Sep 05, 2008
@ fijano hitv has 2 freq to my knowledge 11900H and 12130H with d same SR 27500.if they ve additional channels me i dont know oh!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 10:04am On Sep 05, 2008
@ infomatics1 thanks for your wonderful software,now i can surf the net via my phone although mtn still charge me but giving me your time is appreciated,i ll still give u a call so we finish this business.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Fadajasi(m): 10:37am On Sep 05, 2008
Pls can someone lecture me on this fta stuff? I know nothing abt it,u can just drop ur number
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by constantk: 10:44am On Sep 05, 2008
Hi all,
i think there are two probably new channels on intels 7/10 - Iqra - an arabic station and i think another isreali station. really i don't understand a bit of what they are saying,

@gurus
is it true that i can recieve HiTV channels free on W4. if true how? because i have tried all i could. the signal strenght is 92% yet i can see nothing though someone on this thread said it can be viewed.

are there any other discoveries? please ooo its another weekend.

Thanks all.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sathob(m): 11:17am On Sep 05, 2008
@all

Can anyone help with solution?

after LCF came back, I have lost it's sound - good video no sound.  TP 11602 v, SR -2221, VPID - 0033, APID - 0036, PPID - 0033

the same thing applies to Mise A Jour which shows Farnce24, I don't know if it's a replica frequency.  TP 11049 v SR - 30000,  VPID - 0171, APID - 0000, PPID - 8191

Equinox TV comes but with a different talking (though in French) which seems to be radio, so u will experience that what they say is not what u am hear. I don't know if it's an overlay from another frequency overshadowing the original sound that is supposed to come with the video.
TP 11606 v, SR - 3307, VPID 0101, APID - 0132, PPID - 8190

All have signal strength above 80%
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Ecowas4All(m): 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2008
@Sathob
Hi Sat frequencies are expensive to rent so these guys overlay radio as well as TV.
Please use the Audio button on your remote and change the audio track from 'Fre' to 'Eng' or vice versa or simply toggle the APID - 0036/VPID - 0033
Alternatively you could toggle the audio stream from either left to right or stereo.
Simple.
"Knowledge is only powerful when shared"

Good Luck
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adewoyin: 12:59pm On Sep 05, 2008
ecowas hw is ur day
pls chat with me
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by wahwah: 1:48pm On Sep 05, 2008
how about psat in w3aany hope
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sayso: 1:56pm On Sep 05, 2008
gurus in Da house,pls how do one measure footprint[color=#006600][/color] with regard to dish size?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adewoyin: 2:02pm On Sep 05, 2008
psat is decoder,so u cannt watch
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by gentysho(m): 4:01pm On Sep 05, 2008
please, i have seen just a few of this stuff-i mean satellite tv apart from DSTV , which is the best free to air?

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.