Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,330 members, 7,850,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:50 PM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (348541 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sayso: 3:13pm On Aug 28, 2008
@McAdeex
yes I have two separate dish installed,I just want to use the diseqC to seprate the signal with only the strong decorder so that I will have two signals going into the TV,just the steps and how to connect it is what am asking for
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by McAdeex(m): 3:28pm On Aug 28, 2008
can u giv me the description of the diseqC type is it the 3-2 outlet type
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by NashFTA(m): 3:36pm On Aug 28, 2008
@Sayso,
You wrote:
"Gurus in Da house ,please I have a little problem,how can I connect two dish signals e.g(mytv and nss 7)to a diseqC switch so that two of them will be displaying in the television,that is I will have two channels at the same time. ?"

I recommend you visit the following websites which have very clear diagrams on how to connect up to 12 dishes to one or two receivers:

(i) How to connect 8 LNBF (or Dishes) to 1 receiver: http://www.dmsiusa.com/multiplelnbfs.htm

(ii) How to share 2 seperate dishes with 2 seperate receivers: http://www.dmsiusa.com/add_a_receiver.htm

(iii) How to use Splitter Switches: http://www.dmsiusa.com/splitter,0_12v_switch.htm

I hope you will find these webpages very useful since I have really enlightened me.
Kind regards.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sayso: 3:50pm On Aug 28, 2008
@ Nash-FTA
thanks a lot,I have the idea now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by McAdeex(m): 3:55pm On Aug 28, 2008
@ Sayso

I just checked the link Nash FTA sent it has explained everytin am not too good in explaining thats why its like that oo.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 4:11pm On Aug 28, 2008
@ macadeex
bros am working on something online thats why u cant reach me now.call me later 2nite.which one did u buy analogue or digital?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bode4real(m): 4:11pm On Aug 28, 2008
@ Sayso,
better to use ur 4563x strong decoder
1. On ur diseqC u av 4 LNB in and 1 output to receiver, connect  pass10 to LNB 1 input and NSS7 to LNB 2 input and the output to ur receiver ( this done very close to ur dish meaning only one cable run into ur house.
2. on the decoder  *press Menu, installation
*press dish settings
*change sat to pass 10ku
* scroll to where u av diseqC
* put DiseqC to on
*the next column change it to 1:1( this will b ur pass 10 input signal)
note:- u will c a number 1234 and the connection from dish is on 1
exit, save settns YES
GO BAK TO THE SAT
*change it to nss7
*scroll to diseqC  put it on
*change the next column to 1:2 ( this is ur nss7 signal input)
* save settings
note:- u will c a number 1234 and the connection from dish is on 2

now press  group u will c
all sat
pass 10
nss7

all sat show all chanel available

hope this wil help
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by McAdeex(m): 4:15pm On Aug 28, 2008
pitodenz:

@ macadeex
bros am working on something online thats why u can't reach me now.call me later 2nite.which one did u buy analogue or digital?

@ Pitodenz

I got the digital type, i will call u tonite then, thanks very much, thanks for bailing me out guys
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bode4real(m): 4:30pm On Aug 28, 2008
SAYSO
LOOK AT DIS ATTACHMENT

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by captainus: 5:05pm On Aug 28, 2008
@ sayso,

Disecq switch can be used when u have one dish and want to use the same dish to receive different bands(C&KU bands) or the same band(C&C band or KU and another KU band) with different LNBs.

There are four oultlets(for up to 4 lnbs) and a center one which goes directly into your receiver.The other 4 outlets go to the different lnbs. I hope this helps
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 5:37pm On Aug 28, 2008
@Sayso.
[size=16pt]A word of Caution:[/size]

Make sure to shuff off your Strong Decoder box when connecting and disconnecting the cables to the DiseqC switch from your LNB, otherwise, you will burn, destroy or blow the DiseqC switch.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nomistake: 1:34am On Aug 29, 2008
Hie guyz, i have a technisat dvb satellite receiver(PCI). I have managed to search for other most common channels, i need unlocked frequencies for e.tv and sabc 1-3, can anyone help
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by NashFTA(m): 8:18am On Aug 29, 2008
To All FTA Hobbyists in da House: Discoveries Unlimited!!
Last night I discovered that on Intelsat 7/10 at 68.5 East there is an extra active transponder at:

Frequency: 11712
Horizontal
Symborate: 26657

This info is not on the lyngsat website ( http://www.lyngsat.com/intel68.html ), or any other website. However, the ten channels on this "new" transponder are the same as those on the 12562 / H / 26657 transponder. It is wise to save and scan this new transponder - You never know, maybe one of these days new channels (or feeds) will show up on it !!
Keep on discovering more.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sayso: 8:24am On Aug 29, 2008
@bode4real
Thanks I think you picked my mind with that expalnation,
meaning only one cable running into your house.
sorry I have two cables running into my house,the DiseqC is in the house.

@F_Marshal
Make sure to shuff off your Strong Decoder box when connecting and disconnecting the cables to the DiseqC switch from your LNB[color=#006600][/color]
sorry,the diseqC was on and I guess the DiseqC is gone by now,will get another one.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by rawunkat1: 9:19am On Aug 29, 2008
does anybody has an idea of which fta channels on nilesat are showing live english premier league.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by obnelly: 9:51am On Aug 29, 2008
raw-unkat why dont you visit www.flysat.com.Dont ait till u are been fed.Baderu and co have preached it all day long ours is to digest it and work more and practice what we learn from guru in the house.so go to that site and work on it yu will get what you want,biko.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vickoy23: 11:06am On Aug 29, 2008
@all fta lovers

I did an auto scan last night on intel 7/10 (68.5 or mytv Sat position) and I found this new channel "foot school" the freq is 12522 H 26657 same as mytv transponder. are they adding that? info not yet on lyngsat and satcodx

dont we have an inside info on daarsat on this forum? everything about them is so secret. we dont even know the bird they would be on least of all the tp frequency. i think they should be more forthcoming rather than all this general press release we get everytime. the next press release i may guess will shift the startup time by two months. grin grin grin

@Nash-fta

I entered the above freq and got nothing. let us hope new fta channels are coming up there. maybe they are still working on it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by benalways(m): 11:42am On Aug 29, 2008
@All
All the DSTV freebies has been scrammbled yet again. Just when i should be watching the super cup tonight. Hoping it comes back on be4 the match.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by rawunkat1: 12:27pm On Aug 29, 2008
@obnelly

pls i'm having problem understanding whats on flysat. pls can u break it up for me or anybody else
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sathob(m): 12:49pm On Aug 29, 2008
@raw-unkat
hey buddy, contact this line +233207264193
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sathob(m): 12:55pm On Aug 29, 2008
@raw-unkat

you asked about which channels on nilesat show premiership. and i guess free. so, at the home page of www.flysat.com, on the left pane, scroll through to FTA SPORT TV. This link will take you to all channells showing free sports and on which bird they are (you will also see nilesat _http://www.flysat.com/tv-sport.php) click open for your search and find the info you want.

I hope this helps.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by toxnaija: 4:40pm On Aug 29, 2008
all.
OSMI feed on NSS703 C-Band will show La-liga and free to air premiership this weekend.The frequency can be sourced from my past posts 2 or 3 pages back.
Please give 2M Maroc Nationale a try this weekend for premiership.It has the right to one grade A premiership match each weekend with the premiership highlights show at 00.20 midnight Monday/Tuesday,as well as the premiership preview show before the match.You can pick it only with 1.8m dish and above on Eutelsat W6 West African beam.It is different from 2M Monde on Nilesat and Atlantic Bird.
11h20: Transworld Sport ,12h15: Futbol Mundial (Saturdays)
First League: The English show on 2M
Good news for the amateurs of the good football. 2M acquired the rights of diffusion of the English Championship of the 1st division (season 2008-2009), most spectacular on the European scene. With three clubs out of four in semi-finals of the League of the champions 2008 and one incomparable media exposure, First League allured in the four corners of the world.
Each weekend, you can follow a poster on line, to start with the shock Manchester United - Newcastle, Sunday August 17 with 15:00. The Sports service proposes before the diffusion of each meeting a 26 minute old magazine: “First League World” which presents the posters of the weekend and proposes portraits and reports on English football.
At the half-time, we will propose a portrait or a report related to the meeting, the best sequences of the first period, a portrait of a ex Moroccan player in England (Naybet, Kachloul, Hadji, Safri…). At the end of the meeting, we will reconsider the summary of the match, the recorded results and programs it forthcoming day.
2M will program also a weekly magazine 52 minutes: “First League review”, which will make the review of each day. An interactive game to gain first prizes, whose shirts of English teams and voyage of dream in England to attend a meeting headlight, is also envisaged.
Posters to be followed on line on 2M:
- The 1st day (Sunday August 17 with 15:00):
Manchester United - Newcastle.
- The 2nd day (Saturday August 23 with 17:30):
Fulham - Arsenal.
- The 3rd day (Sunday August 31 with 13:30):
Chelsea - Tottenham Hotspur.
- The 5th day (Saturday September 13 with 12:45):
Liverpool - Manchester United.
- The 6th day (Sunday September 21 with 14:00):
Chelsea - Manchester United.
- The 7th day (Saturday September 27 with 12:45):
Everton - Liverpool.
- The 8th day (Saturday October 4 with 14:00):
Chelsea - Aston Villa.
- The 10th day (Saturday October 18 with 14:00):
Arsenal - Everton.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by obnelly: 4:42pm On Aug 29, 2008
does it mean with the recever no monthly subscription?both on nilesat and dstv c band 68.5?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adewoyin: 5:22pm On Aug 29, 2008
pls informatic av send my email 3 times 4 the gift u promise av nt seeing the soft ware,my email are adewoyincoker@yahoo.com,i wish to say thks to all d gurus most expecially twinstaiye and all the gurus.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by yaris(m): 10:42am On Aug 30, 2008
Pls informatic1 or anybody pls post the settings 4 the free browser stuff. Mobile or pc. Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by hoga: 4:35pm On Aug 30, 2008
please repost OSMI frequency on NSS703 C-band
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adewoyin: 6:26pm On Aug 30, 2008
pls twinstaiye i saw a dish facing west ,but i could nt define the degree,but am sure it looks like 60-6--degree west,pls can u help me confirm that,90cm dish ku band,i will be deligheted ,
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adewoyin: 7:00pm On Aug 30, 2008
can any guru text me the osmi frequencies ,pls
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Gangsta101(m): 1:34am On Aug 31, 2008
adewoyin

just a tip, if u r looking for info on free settings for gprs internet browsing, how about u check on the phone section of this forum, i'm sure u will find a guide or the necessary info u need. cos staying here and asking for help will not really benefit u. it's just an advice though.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by azeezbaba(m): 1:17pm On Aug 31, 2008
Pls, which stations will show chelsea vs tottenham match? RDV? STV?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by NashFTA(m): 6:59am On Sep 01, 2008
To All W3A users - Weekend discoveries:
There is an extra active FTA transponder on 12605 / H / 27500.
If you are unable to track it using "Horizontal" Poralisation, try "Vertical". There were no pictures on it by the time I tracked it last evening (2015Hrs GMT). I suspect it is a 'feed'. Just save the transponder. You never know, next time you scan some live action may pop up!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by benalways(m): 7:44am On Sep 01, 2008
@ALL
Anyone still getting LCF on NSS7Ku and the the 10 DSTV stations on W4. Pls confirm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.