Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,549 members, 7,843,709 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (348337 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Okaakoko(m): 8:12am On Sep 01, 2008
How can i view all scrambled channels on my strong decoder for free?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by McAdeex(m): 10:42am On Sep 01, 2008
Yeah it is confirmed the dstv stations is been off since yesterday.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adewoyin: 2:33pm On Sep 01, 2008
osmi frequency,rdv show chelsea,pls twinstaiye help me out on west issues.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bomboyi(m): 2:38pm On Sep 01, 2008
I need DSTV card,if anyone has it for sale,call me on 08053223272
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by segundash(m): 5:05pm On Sep 01, 2008
Hi ALL,

All Hi-stations are BACK. you can check it out grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by figment232(m): 5:25pm On Sep 01, 2008
Somebody in the house plz help me,i switched on my strong decoder this morning with Presstv showing,but after about 5mins it went and then i noticed an LNPF on my decoder display screen,presently its not displaying any channel, i even rebooted the decoder several times to no avail .Plz hw do i remedy this situation
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by constantk: 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2008
hi there!
@ segundash, pls explain what u mean by hi stations, do you mean the DSTV stations.

Pls clarify if you can view HiTV channels pls let us know what the frequency and symbol rate and polarization are.

thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mecussey(m): 5:52pm On Sep 01, 2008
Please, I need a fairly used strong decoder, who has?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mecussey(m): 5:54pm On Sep 01, 2008
Please I need a fairly used strong decoder, preferably X series. Text me 08061104494
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by segundash(m): 6:12pm On Sep 01, 2008
@constantk

I meant; Hi-Soccer,Hi-Sports etc are all back. The DSTV Channels are not back yet.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Gangsta101(m): 7:44pm On Sep 01, 2008
Figment

I think what u saw was 'LNBF' which would probably mean that your lnb has become disconnected somehow. what kind of setup are u using, if your lnb is within your reach, try disconnecting the F-connector, that is the metallic stuff that attaches your cable to the LNB outside and then reattach it. do the same for every F- connector all the way to the final one on the decoder and see if the signal returns.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nwabunnia(m): 8:28pm On Sep 01, 2008
@ Segundash

Hey guy, I hope your not trying to be a wise guy here. What do you mean "HiTv is back" without giving detailed info? I've been scanning and rescanning my decoder for the past 2 hrs trying to get the channels without luck.

Or has anybody else gotten the channels? Please Segundash be a bit more explicit with your info and God help you if u are pulling our legs!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Gangsta101(m): 7:18am On Sep 02, 2008
All,

does anyone know how to patch the previous trendtv decoder, cos i've got one here that only has one sat listed and only 2 channels. there's no way to add TPs or new satellites.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by constantk: 9:24am On Sep 02, 2008
@segundash
i dashed home to see if it was true but to my chagrin, i wasn't disappointed sha atleast i got home early enough.
Are you on C or Ku band, give us moore info so that we can enjoy it too. no playing of pranks on this thread remember.
We are all waiting.

NB: My Hi sport etc has 98% signal strenght.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by digitalp: 10:22am On Sep 02, 2008
Hi all. I made a discovery this morning on Eutelsat W4. The following freq. 12130H 27500 is not scrambled, but the channels do not show. There are about 13 channels with their program guides, but no video. If anyone succeeds in getting video, please inform all.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by segundash(m): 10:25am On Sep 02, 2008
@Nwabunnia  and @constantk

I wasn't talking about DSTV Channels, I'm talking about Hi-Soccer, Hi-Sports, Hi-Mix, Nigezie, etc. those are all HiTV Channels and they have been ON since yesterday, as i'm typing this, i'm tuned to Hi-Soccer which is currently airing "THE WORLD GAME"

I don't know if I'm on KU or C-band, is there a way to know without going to d roof to check d dish?.

@all

the EPG is also working on some Hi-Channels, I was able to know all programmes to be aired today on Hi-Soccer from the EPG. People check it out and comment.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by digitalp: 10:31am On Sep 02, 2008
The Freq. 12130H 27500 on eutelsat W4 is a GTV frequency. It is active but not scrambled, do a scan to see what i mean.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Dejsam(m): 10:43am On Sep 02, 2008
hi every one i the house,

do any one have an idea of any other LNB that is much more powerful than the popular FUJI LNB. i.e any (KU BAND LNB)

response will be highly appreciated
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sathob(m): 11:02am On Sep 02, 2008
Dejsam:

hi every one i the house,

do any one have an idea of any other LNB that is much more powerful than the popular FUJI LNB. i.e any (KU BAND LNB)

response will be highly appreciated

try the strong LNB
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Jesude: 11:55am On Sep 02, 2008
Page 7 (seven) of today's Guardian (2nd September, 2008) carry news about the DAARSAT (NEW PAY TV FOR LAUNCH SOON) TO ROLL OUT 40 Channels. But the day, time and which bird is operating from not stated.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by urfriend(m): 12:40pm On Sep 02, 2008
hi digitalp ,the 13 channels u are talking about is gtv's french channels.they will not air on w4.it's only going to be on eutelsat w3a.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adewoyin: 2:17pm On Sep 02, 2008
lcf is nt yet on nss7 signal since saturday,pls check out,secondly pls send out the osmi frequieny.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by biggjoe(m): 6:40pm On Sep 02, 2008
@ segundash,
Hope you understand that this is an FTA forum.

We choose to keep our pay tv issues out of here.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 10:52pm On Sep 02, 2008
Dstv lnb (shop) is 0.2db.so it should be better than una almighty fuji.but the size of dish is what matters.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Okaakoko(m): 8:44am On Sep 03, 2008
PLEASE ANYBODY WITH USEFUL INFORMATION ON HOW TO UNLOCK A SCRAMBLED CHANNELS (like trendtv channels eg nollywood), OR HOW I CAN WATCH THIS CHANNELS FOR FREE ON MY STRONG DECOAER (STR4653X) SHOULD PLEASE SEND IT TO ME ON MY MAIL labodeonline@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by memento: 9:27am On Sep 03, 2008
PLEASE ANYBODY WITH USEFUL INFORMATION ON HOW TO UNLOCK A SCRAMBLED CHANNELS (like trendtv channels eg nollywood), OR HOW I CAN WATCH THIS CHANNELS FOR FREE ON MY STRONG DECOAER (STR4653X) SHOULD PLEASE SEND IT TO ME ON MY MAIL labodeonline@yahoo.com

joker, indeed
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by segundash(m): 10:20am On Sep 03, 2008
@biggjoe

Sorry for posting in the wrong Forum.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ginky: 2:04pm On Sep 03, 2008
Please can you guys give me information on how to get more channels.Iam also using the srt strong decoder.My brother was able to get trend tv channels with a different frequency and stuff but we have lost the paper where we wrote it down.If possibe,pls give me the frequency.

Also,hitv has been advertisig their new channel"biscon world".Please,if you have info on how to get this new channel,tell me.

As for those people who are complainng that the inscription on their decoder is"lnbf",I would recommend that they change their decoder.It has also happened to me.I think the current was too much for it to handle.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by NashFTA(m): 4:22pm On Sep 03, 2008
@ginky,
On Eutelsat-Sesat W4 (36 East) satellite, Trend TV is on Freq. 11747 / Horizontal / Symbol-rate 27500 / FEC 1/2; and Biscon Channel is on the same satellite at: Freq. 12130 / Horizontal / Symbol-rate 7/8. Also visit the following webpage for more information: http://www.lyngsat.com/36east.html
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 03, 2008
@ enigma,
i really need your help, there's something am working on now and am getting a head-way but am still not sure what the final outcome will be. My research has to do with DVB-S and DVB-C transmission, can you please shed more light o the difference between these two, though i've gotten some response from google but it's still not satisfactory enough, my 1st question can DVB-S decoders work for DVB-C transmission, and if it does, does one needs to enter any configuration settings like frequency and symbol rate before one can get those stations on DVB-C transmission, and can most satellite decoders here in nigeria work also for DVB-C transmission e.g strong, eurostar, technomate decoders. Your response will highly be welcome and if anyone also have any contribution to this, i will also be looking forward to reading all your responses.

LCF on NSS7 is back this afternoon, there'll be 3 live premiership matches that will be broadcasted live on 13th/14th through RDV, all NSS7 viewers look forward to that, and also to tell you this watch all star-live carling cup matches on MBC3.

Have a great day ahead of you
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 12:19am On Sep 04, 2008
Enitan

DVB-C receivers are for cable transmissions and accordingly have cable tuners in them; they will not work with satellite transmission at all; neither will DVB-S receivers work with cable transmission.

Occasionally, you get a receiver that has dual tuners - most commonly one for digital terrestrial (DVB-T) and one for satellite (DVB-S); then such a receiver can be used for both satellite and digital terrestrial transmissions e.g. Technomate TM-6900. I am not sure if there is a DVB-C combo (I don't get involved in cable).
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Ecowas4All(m): 9:39am On Sep 04, 2008
@All
On NSS7 I can confirm that LCF has returned. EQUINOXE has also been back for a long time.

On PAS 7/10 there's a new station Telefoot or something. Silly kids kicking the ball around all the time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.