Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,051 members, 7,838,655 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria (6299 Views)

Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain / ‘ Why There Is Improved Power Supply’ - Acting MD YEDC / Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 30, 2011
Which improved power supply?
Haven't seen light blink in 3 weeks in my area.
How is that improvement?
These GEJ people should let us hear word abeg.
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by Beaf: 10:50am On Sep 30, 2011
Mr. Globe:

^ 24/7? Haba! I thought this was a forum for mature people. Its obvious this is beaf with multiple accounts. Anyway I shouldn't count the number of dams in nigeria for you. Am a busy man and I have work to do. Just report to office and have them contact the ministry of power to tell you how many dams in nigeria and also tell you dams are major sources of power in Nigeria.
The point is this article is sponsored and nigerians dont have light. So am trying to bring the truth to this publicity stunt before nigerians who are easily decieved will go about celebrating light even when they dont see it. Smh.

Lol! You're not to busy to fly around telling lies though! Why can't you count the dams and their output to support your foolish tales na?
Dunce.

There is no single dam that supplies as much power as Egbin which is gas powered. In fact, if you add up all the dams they will barely match Egbin alone, not to talk of the other numerous gas powered plants.
How can you come here to tell porkies? You think you're talking to your agoyin beans seller? Lol! Your head is full of akara and water thats why you can't think properly. Olodo.
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by daroz(m): 11:10am On Sep 30, 2011
Henry120:

good one by GEJ. Prof. Nnaji, has also done a very good job. Power supply in benin is jst wonderful, on a good day we get 4 days straight of uninterupted power supply. I doubt if residents in benin even have generators. It's the prepaid meter that is used here in benin, once your credit finishes, your light goes off. You don't see nepa guys, going around with ladders from home to home in benin. You can't cheat it, and no one cheats you, with these prepaid meters

4days uninterupted power supply? That is wonderful, which area is that? I hope its not just an exagaration!!!
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 11:17am On Sep 30, 2011
Beaf:

Lol! You're not to busy to fly around telling lies though! Why can't you count the dams and their output to support your foolish tales na?
Dunce.

There is no single dam that supplies as much power as Egbin which is gas powered. In fact, if you add up all the dams they will barely match Egbin alone, not to talk of the other numerous gas powered plants.
How can you come here to tell porkies? You think you're talking to your agoyin beans seller? Lol! Your head is full of akara and water thats why you can't think properly. Olodo.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by daroz(m): 11:21am On Sep 30, 2011
Mr. Globe:

^^ I dont even have your time. You are just a one direction follower. Funny how a laptop, internet connection and some handouts will buy an old man like you over to represent the president on a forum. You don't even want it with me.
Its only when you are bought over that you will not know dams are major sources of power in this country. Even primary school pupils get that basic knowlegde and water bodies in the country has been overflowing this year; the lagos flooding, the story on frontpage about river niger submerging villages etc.
Man I don't have your time, I gotta face my work. You have been roboted to be bias here so never have any other option.

So Mr. Globe, who do u represent, the haters? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by femmy2010(m): 11:28am On Sep 30, 2011
7 days going i have not spend the usual N400 a day on buying petrol for my power generating set.
The best gift Nigeria has given me in years.

There is still hope for Nigeria,I BELIEVE.
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 11:34am On Sep 30, 2011
we are fixing the decades of lack of infrastructure and corruption brought by Hausa/Fulanis and their house boy yaribas cheesy cheesy
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by femmy2010(m): 11:38am On Sep 30, 2011
ak47mann:

we are fixing the decades of lack of infrastructure and corruption brought by Hausa/Fulanis and their house boy yaribas cheesy cheesy

Fixing it is a great thing.
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 11:41am On Sep 30, 2011
femmy2010:

Fixing it is a great thing.

indeed cool cool
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by ocheejemb: 11:45am On Sep 30, 2011
Truth of the matter is, this increase in power generation/supply occurs almost every year and then we all get very excited that goverment is working and then it detiorates. I think its too early to pat ourselves or anyone on the back just yet. When there is a sustained noticeable change over a considerable amount of time, say 6 months or 1 year, then we can exault Jonthan and Nnaji to the highest heavens.

Meanwhile most of us here on NL are probably adults, the way you resort to hurling insults at each other in almost every single thread is just disappointing.
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by MrGlobe(m): 11:50am On Sep 30, 2011
smh at a bunch of wretched rats that comment on this forum because of monthly egunje from the government. O yeah I represent the haters f:ooolish f.ool. And they say Nigeria will be better. When you say the truth they say you are a hater. A government that does fixes light and provide dividends of democracy on the pages of businessday. This country is really serious. Oyeah @beaf you have failed in your job on nairaland to proof to people that the dullest government in history is trying to fix power. I see your brain has been exchanged in okija so anything I say here that is not praise to the non perfoming president cannot be ascertained by you. So have a nice day, I will be posting some topics here now to keep you more busy. You need to work for your pay.
BUSINESSDAY'S PUBLICATION IS SPONSORED SO IGNORE. I use gen here, everybody else uses gen so I guess the steady light is for the ghosts amongst us
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by Beaf: 11:54am On Sep 30, 2011
^
shocked shocked shocked shocked

Pesin go wound today o! Winshes don de vex! grin
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by semid4lyfe(m): 12:05pm On Sep 30, 2011
Thumbs up to GEJ on this one

Haters can hug the transformers on their streets tongue
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by MrGlobe(m): 12:17pm On Sep 30, 2011
^ sit down. You no get light for your house oh.
PS: that hug transformer cliche is played out. Maybe you no play when you small or when people dey use am you bin still dey play for sand
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by member479760: 12:18pm On Sep 30, 2011
pass 3 days light no dey for this house ooo! so where people get light no one know.
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2011
There has been considerable increase in power supply in surulere lagos. I 've spent less than N1000. in the past week on petrol for my generator. Hope they keep it up.
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 30, 2011
My people in lag, ibadan, ogun, oyo and benin have been telling me that power supply in their areas have improved.

GEJ you dey try.

But here for Aba, come see yeye nonsense power supply. For the past 1 month it has been horrible o. About 2hours for 3 days. Well, what do you expect from Satan's own state?
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by Observator: 1:40pm On Sep 30, 2011
My fair assessment is that for about of 5 months now, we have been having average of 18 hour of power supply per day in my neighbourhood. Some areas energised from Maryland/Ikeja distribution zone (e.g some part of Ikosi, Magodo, Alausa, Berger, Wawa, Arepo etc), have enjoyed improved better power supply lately. PHCN, please keep it up.
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 30, 2011
@daroz, ugbor area of benin city,
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by cashful(m): 2:24pm On Sep 30, 2011
Timehin:

There has been considerable increase in power supply in surulere lagos. I 've spent less than N1000. in the past week on petrol for my generator. Hope they keep it up.
Yea i noticed that, i haven't bought fuel for 2 weeks running, 

I just hope they sustain it cos something like this happened at the initial stage of Bola ige's tenure, but went from bad to worse after a couple of weeks.

Does anybody know what brought about the increase in power supply?
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by Demdem(m): 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2011
By now (Oct 1 2011) based on the Power sector master plan launched last year or so, we should be generating more the 4000+MW we are presently generating however i will still give kudos to those working tirelessly to achieve this feat (Barth and CO). I hope this will be sustained and it wont be the normal raining season fluke. Not because i have seen or benefited from it (i'm located in Rivers now and light is simply getting worse both at home and work) but because i have heard from many friends and relatives all around the country about some level of improvement though more needs to be done.
Come to think of it, is it because i am not a pro-GEJ, becos these ones support him oooo undecided undecided undecided
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by Ralphjoe(m): 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2011
Power supply in our area of kano state have improved so much to the extend that we now have upto 10-15hrs of light a day. May God bless gej. No matter what people are saying this man is trying. My prayer is that this improvement should be sustained. @some of u guys complaining of no lights, u should know that maybe your light have problem or your phcn people are playing you people by collecting bribes from generator importers. I believe in this great country Nigeria. Please lets keep the hope alive, we can make it.
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by eewule(m): 4:05pm On Sep 30, 2011
It is too soon to praise anyone (Nigerians are always too quick to sing blessings) should rather give it a month to 2 months before concluding. Also these improvements are not across the country. Why haven't these improvements reached Rivers and Bayelsa. Never-the-less the govt is doing well, but still a long way to go.
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 30, 2011
[size=15pt]WHY IS RIVERS STATE STILL IN DARKNESS?[/size]
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by engrj(m): 6:20pm On Sep 30, 2011
Well as for me i can say in some area in Lagos state the power suply has increase a little but in Ogun state were my office is, noting like that for now, i just pray God will soon help me in respect of power supply. cus i spend a lot on fuel everyday.
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by Beaf: 8:04pm On Sep 30, 2011
eewule:

It is too soon to praise anyone (Nigerians are always too quick to sing blessings) should rather give it a month to 2 months before concluding. Also these improvements are not across the country. Why haven't these improvements reached Rivers and Bayelsa. Never-the-less the govt is doing well, but still a long way to go.

Rivers has power problems because they are diverting power lines to Afam power station and upgrading the grid. They will have a better story to tell than the rest of the country in a very short while.

Thank God for GEJ.
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by daroz(m): 8:06pm On Sep 30, 2011
Henry120:

@daroz, ugbor area of benin city,

Ok. In my area here at Ekewan road(Benin city) its the average of about 21hrs daily for the past 3weeks. Infact, it was on uninterupted since yesterday morning up to about 6.30pm this evening, when they took it, probably as a result of the heavy rain. However it was brought back less than an hour later, just after the rain. GEJ, you do well.
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by Benn(m): 8:16pm On Sep 30, 2011
diluminati:

[size=15pt]WHY IS RIVERS STATE STILL IN DARKNESS?[/size]

It was announced Friday last week that there will be prolonged power outage due to ongoing work on some major PHCN facilities in the state. This is expected to greatly improve power supply to PHC and environs. The job was scheduled to last for 1 week.

There was no light in place for that 1 week but it was restored this morning and has been stable since then. Hopefully, we will start enjoying improved power supply like other parts of Nigeria.
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by delvinmaya(m): 8:33pm On Sep 30, 2011
its a good thing because here in idanre ondo state,there is 24 hour light supply.there was a time when they cut the supply for six hours.i went to get fuel and was about putting the gen on,when the light was restored,had to use the fuel four days later. Anyways,today marks almost three years i posted last on nl,and i must say that some people have still managed not to disappoint me with their behaviour.its either they are pessimistic attitude.if we have people exhibiting nepotistic ideals and other bad things on a mere website,what about real life.am not preaching but i hate to even think of these people as patriotic to any country or cause
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by daroz(m): 8:41pm On Sep 30, 2011
delvinmaya:

its a good thing because here in idanre ondo state,there is 24 hour light supply.there was a time when they cut the supply for six hours.i went to get fuel and was about putting the gen on,when the light was restored,had to use the fuel four days later. Anyways,today marks almost three years i posted last on nl,and i must say that some people have still managed not to disappoint me with their behaviour.its either they are pessimistic attitude.if we have people exhibiting nepotistic ideals and other bad things on a mere website,what about real life.am not preaching but i hate to even think of these people as patriotic to any country or cause

wetin happen, you go jail? shocked shocked
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by realchange: 8:46pm On Sep 30, 2011
giant leap forward. good job mr president.
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by PHIPEX(m): 10:03pm On Sep 30, 2011
whether some people believe it or not, I'v been in lagos for one month now yet we hv not had any cause to use our generator.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Abuse Named Marketers / JTF Arrests Mastermind Of Bayero Attack, 2 Others / SSS Storm APC Membership Data Registration Center In Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.