Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,142 members, 7,852,891 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:01 AM

7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike (57337 Views)

Nationwide Strike: FG, NLC Reach Agreement to suspend strike And Negotiate / Pictures Of NLC President Ajaero & Oshiomhole At The FG & NLC Meeting / FG, NLC Meeting On Fuel Subsidy Removal Ends In Deadlock (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by WantsandMore: 3:49pm On Jun 06, 2023
Beremx:
NLC and TUC should tell Tinubu to open the borders. That should be included in the list of demands
the Border economy is a double edged sword, on One hand it encourages trade on the other it diminishes local contents & indigenous market
Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by mattb1(m): 3:56pm On Jun 06, 2023
savcy:
I'm just glad they didn't press for a reversal of the removal. Because, at this point we all agree subsidy has to end. Most of us, at least.

Exactly, I know some people will not understand the danger making countries like Niger Republic, Benin Republic, Ghana, Cameroon, Chad, and other African countries benefiting from this subsidy. And another thing that some people failed to understand is the fact that all you need is to have licence to operate a fueling station existing or not as long as you have the license will get that money.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by HayB100(m): 3:58pm On Jun 06, 2023
damble:

Bro, I after good governance but you and I know how the politicians(obi inclusive) can be dubious, always trying to manage the labour/masses so they can get away with their dubious acts
Of course, you have a point, Nigerian politicians are not to be trusted, I really respect your view. One love bro, you get sense πŸ‘πŸ’―β€οΈ

1 Like

Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by seunjungle1(m): 4:00pm On Jun 06, 2023
Your prayer is Nigeria to fall down beyond repair....Nigerians should stone people like you to death. Bad Igbo man

damble:
NLC and TUC are real definition of mumu. I can't find anything tangible on that agreement shit...

1 Like

Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:05pm On Jun 06, 2023
Jorussia:
Its fair for both parties

This is not agreement na wishlist

like buhari wishlist After 8 years nothing
Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by edungene7: 4:06pm On Jun 06, 2023
Labour have collected their Ghana most go bags as usual the only game Thiefunbu knows how to play bribery

1 Like

Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by lexy2014: 4:06pm On Jun 06, 2023
lapazi:

what are you doing with a rats ass?

Nothing
Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:07pm On Jun 06, 2023
seunjungle1:
Your prayer is Nigeria to fall down beyond repair....Nigerians should stone people like you to death. Bad Igbo man

Weda you like it weda you no like it

Nigeria go rotten ! no be the same people in power
Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by lexy2014: 4:08pm On Jun 06, 2023
mattb1:

Exactly, I know some people will not understand the danger making countries like Niger Republic, Benin Republic, Ghana, Cameroon, Chad, and other African countries benefiting from this subsidy. And another thing that some people failed to understand is the fact that all you need is to have licence to operate a fueling station existing or not as long as you have the license will get that money.

How are Niger Republic, Benin Republic, Ghana, Cameroon, Chad, and other African countries benefiting from this subsidy?

What are the other African countries?

1 Like

Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by nkemjacob2(m): 4:11pm On Jun 06, 2023
Tinubu done put jaz for their mouth
Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by dappydozzy(m): 4:20pm On Jun 06, 2023
lexy2014:

πŸ˜„πŸ˜‚ Plenty grammar with nothing tangible. I can bet my rats ass that nothing in that document will be done in the next 4years. Pure scam

Your opinion though, not the reality . CNG conversion had already started since buhari administration but people did not buy into it because fuel was still subsidized but by the time the hardship bites, people will thinking of an alternative energy source.
Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by AngelicBeing: 4:33pm On Jun 06, 2023
sad
Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by Sisora(m): 4:40pm On Jun 06, 2023
mannobi:
Reason why I love tinubu, he would not sit down and watch things go bad before reacting. Give kudos to him for that unlike bubu.
this is the most disappointing aspect of buhari government.

He'll watch rotten situation go worse and do nothing about it
Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by damble: 4:43pm On Jun 06, 2023
seunjungle1:

Anyone that share his/her view is now igbo? Anyone who his parents are not feeding or someone who is struggling will know better. I want a better Nigeria but we all, including you know that our politicians (obi inclusive) cannot be trusted
Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by kzmtycoon(m): 4:54pm On Jun 06, 2023
This people with a way of fooling us. This is a pure mind game because all of these implementations are FG concerns already and it effects is not immediately or magic.

Just a way to show Nigerians they care and suspend the strike
Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by grandstar(m): 4:57pm On Jun 06, 2023
TheNobleProphet:
The proposal makes sense but the Labour unions should please, give the new Administration a chance to "effectively map out" and "implement" the best ways to "locally produce" "refined petroleum products" because that is what Nigeria as Country has been suffering for a long time now!

GOD bless Nigeria

Miles Kyaei, the head of NNPC has already said local production would make little or no difference in the price

It's a myth that local production would make a massive difference in the price. Simply because it's produced locally does not mean it will be cheaper.

And if you want to worsen things for Nigerians, ban the importation as the PIA advocates and local refineries will rip off nigerian consumers because they have no foreign competition.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by Mexyz(m): 5:02pm On Jun 06, 2023
Appeal to the president to open the borders and we need to put those money sucking refineries up for sale.
No need wasting resources on them in the name of maintenance or whatever.
Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by ConfidentialDoc: 5:04pm On Jun 06, 2023
damble:
NLC and TUC are real definition of mumu. I can't find anything tangible on that agreement shit...

I thought I was the only one...

Nawa for all their noisemaking
Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by amanhookin: 5:35pm On Jun 06, 2023
This NLC and TUC self....
Of all these so called agreements, which one appear to solve their initial purpose of strike.
Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by bdon12: 5:57pm On Jun 06, 2023
9jatriot:
Number 6 should be talking of how to sell those refineries.

It is a complete money drain and serves no purpose trying to wake them up
Totally agreed...we can afford to build refineries why spend billions on repairing nonsense dilapidated one wit low production capacity
Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by Eriokanmi: 6:00pm On Jun 06, 2023
But they said NLC and TUC were working for Obi? Why did they suspended the strike if the claim was true?
Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by backnbeta(f): 6:01pm On Jun 06, 2023
In other words; continue paying for fuel through your nose... undecided
Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by Jayhome24: 6:07pm On Jun 06, 2023
triple996:
9ice
but some people are not happy

They can't be happy because how Nigeria will burn is all they want and live for if even you remove your eyes to please yet won't be pleased.
Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:22pm On Jun 06, 2023
9jatriot:
Number 6 should be talking of how to sell those refineries.

It is a complete money drain and serves no purpose trying to wake them up
I don tire bro. Instead of the NLC to mandate and compel the FG to immediately sell off the refineries, they are doing nonsense
Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by rahmontech(m): 6:27pm On Jun 06, 2023
shevchenko:
No be only 7 tin ,na 7 kpangolo

When he finish cumming, he will come back to his senses. Nonsense!!! angry
Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by frog12: 6:32pm On Jun 06, 2023
NLC wan scam the govt
Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by lexy2014: 6:35pm On Jun 06, 2023
dappydozzy:

Your opinion though, not the reality . CNG conversion had already started since buhari administration but people did not buy into it because fuel was still subsidized but by the time the hardship bites, people will thinking of an alternative energy source.

Kindly list 7 things listed as agreement between FG and NLC and show me how they are they reality.

Also, what are the actionable and tangible things that were stated in the agreement?
Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by miceroms: 6:40pm On Jun 06, 2023
damble:
You are correct. It is a useless agreement.
I was expecting a reversal to the old price pending when government shows enough interest in implementing the above.
It doesn’t look like they had their acts together before calling it off.
They should have told the FG that they needed to consult with their members or council on the items.
Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by seunayantokun(m): 7:25pm On Jun 06, 2023
So, no strike again?
I knew that strike would have been a failure, because the present is different from the past.
Thanks to all stakeholders for understanding.
Now let's see how the government proceeds from there, because all we need now is relief from the current economic pains.
Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by porthouse7(f): 8:01pm On Jun 06, 2023
lexy2014:

Which doings?
wetin concern u, go and face ur personal life
Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by walezy14(m): 8:27pm On Jun 06, 2023
No 5 is out of point. Government had spent a lot on refineries and still remains moribund. The best is to sell all the refineries to private investors.
Re: 7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike by fohlarp: 8:49pm On Jun 06, 2023
Omo won ti tawa,ds people are not to be taken serious,d fear of dem not getin paid for months on strike like ASUU,univ lecturers wont join if...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) / Fayose: Why Wike Will Not Support Atiku / MC Oluomo Celebrates Tinubu's Presidential Win (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.