Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,153 members, 7,860,137 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:29 AM

Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) (4710 Views)

8 Nigeria Governors Sacked by Supreme Court Since 1999 picture / APC, PDP Senators-elect Clash Over Voting Pattern / 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Penguin2: 11:06pm On Jun 06, 2023
benuejosh:
Brother Bernard… (anticipating a fall)

While Brother Bernad falls down which is a comic relief, permit me to say that Igbos know next to nothing about politics. They play politics with sentiments and emotions, they play politics with hatred and envy, they’re not united and that’s why they’re never at the front burner of National politics in this country. The government at the top involve them in politics at the National level and give them appointments simply because they’re Nigerians and there’s need to carry them along. Which is good.

A typical Igbo man will put money in front first before considering anything else. Imagine the igbo people kidnapping a sitting governor inside his office. They sit at their comfort zone and want everything handed over to them. It is not done like that. For how long did Tinubu start his plans to become the president? It took him years. More than 20years. That’s how it works.

I feel there’s need for my Igbo brothers and sisters to start Planning now. Because after Tinubu comes down as president after 8years, the south east guys will take over. But if they fail in their attempt to come together, then they will fail again and the position will return back to the North.

Igbos are not united yet they keep voting in one direction?

Define unity 🧐
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by cazchi: 11:07pm On Jun 06, 2023
paramakina202:

Biafra has come and gone 1967 to 1970 it is not coming again.

Lmao my friend, I can assure you with everything in me, that Biafra will gain Her Sovereignty within 2 decades.
This persecuted new nation will rise like Israel. Nigeria will become so irrelevant to the extent that Her people will lose all allegiance to Her. The night this promise was made to me, I stayed up and couldn't sleep.
I pray you're alive to see this. You'll remember that I told you so.

Have a great night!
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by garfield1: 11:09pm On Jun 06, 2023
Penguin2:

Of course I’m not expecting you to accept that Obi can even impregnate his wife😏.

But have you gone to Ebonyi to find out what an average Ebonyian thinks of Umahi?

You think good governance is about building unnecessary flyovers and useless airport that only about 1% of Ebonyi people can afford to use while paying workers mutilated salaries?

An average ebonyian hates him because of his detection to apc and his anti Biafra stance but no one can fault his performance.
No country develops by focusing on consumption and paying of salaries alone.you develop by focusing on rdr,science and tech,investing on infrastructure and developing human resources.all those amenities are futuristic and long term.it attracts people and investors to ebonyi,put them on the world map.in the nearest future,all those flyovers will solve traffic issues.thst is pro active governance.you don't wait till there is congestion and over population before building infrastructure.if umahi continues paying salaries alone,ebonyi will remain backwards.he has focused on infrastructure and human devt,nwifuru can attract investors,focus on rdr which will boost revenue to help increase salaries.what obi was doing was tokenism,paying salaries and other emoluments,doing few projects here and there and saving money that was wasted by his successors.that wasn't what anambra needed.

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by paramakina202: 11:19pm On Jun 06, 2023
cazchi:

Lmao my friend, I can assure you with everything in me, that Biafra will gain Her Sovereignty within 2 decades.
This persecuted new nation will rise like Israel. Nigeria will become so irrelevant to the extent that Her people will lose all allegiance to Her. The night this promise was made to me, I stayed up and couldn't sleep.
I pray you're alive to see this. You'll remember that I told you so.

Have a great night!

Brother as I said earlier do not waste your expectations waiting for a nation that came and was defeated and while the former territories that made up Biafra are now loyal to Nigeria state and do not want to be associated with anything Biafra.
Biafra of 1967 is impossible even if Nigeria disintegrate today.Igbo nation is possible.

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Igwe9(m): 11:21pm On Jun 06, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
Is it true that the 25% FCT case was thrown out by the courts against Peter Obi?
Chineke mee ebere. Penguin2 is there still hope for us to take our stolen mandate back? Please can somebody renew my hope in our cases at the tribunal.
it wasn't thrown out. they were referred to the tribunal, the court has no jurisdiction over the matter.
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Penguin2: 11:31pm On Jun 06, 2023
garfield1:

An average ebonyian hates him because of his detection to apc and his anti Biafra stance but no one can fault his performance.
No country develops by focusing on consumption and paying of salaries alone.you develop by focusing on rdr,science and tech,investing on infrastructure and developing human resources.all those amenities are futuristic and long term.it attracts people and investors to ebonyi,put them on the world map.in the nearest future,all those flyovers will solve traffic issues.thst is pro active governance.you don't wait till there is congestion and over population before building infrastructure.if umahi continues paying salaries alone,ebonyi will remain backwards.he has focused on infrastructure and human devt,nwifuru can attract investors,focus on rdr which will boost revenue to help increase salaries.what obi was doing was tokenism,paying salaries and other emoluments,doing few projects here and there and saving money that was wasted by his successors.that wasn't what anambra needed.

So, in your book of governance, you would owe or reduce workers salaries if you get into place of authority? You would let those who are alive today suffer because you are building futuristic projects that has no direct impact on their lives?

And can you name Umahi’s Human Capital Development projects or initiatives that you know? Because you have mentioned that human capital development a lot.
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by garfield1: 11:58pm On Jun 06, 2023
Penguin2:

So, in your book of governance, you would owe or reduce workers salaries if you get into place of authority? You would let those who are alive today suffer because you are building futuristic projects that has no direct impact on their lives?

And can you name Umahi’s Human Capital Development projects or initiatives that you know? Because you have mentioned that human capital development a lot.

Umahi built malls which employed several ebonyians,built intl airport,built housing project for workers,built nursing and medical schools to train ebonyians,built standard markets,revamped nkalagu,invested massively in education,employed 10,000 and empowered 5000...

Anambra is easy to govern,with a small landmass and small public service dominated by women.most of the people are into the private sectors including govt workers.unemployment and poverty was low before obi came but he increased it.all he needed to do was to increase infrastructure,take care of workers,employ more workers and increase,bring more investors but instead he maltreated workers,doctors went on strike,neglected infrastructure and instead brought a brewery he had stakes in and invested there.what is the use of saving 72 billion for a successor that may waste it? If he was so good a manager,why didn't he invest it wisely or pump it into infrastructure?

Do you know that the concrete road technology is fantastic? A lot of ebonyi engineers are being trained in the technology.ebonyi used to be so backward in education but now they are catching up.umahi did what akpabio did in akwa ibom- and duke on crs,he exposed ebonyi to the world.ebonyi that was a thing of mockery in the se is now the cornerstone

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by cazchi: 3:28am On Jun 07, 2023
paramakina202:

Brother as I said earlier do not waste your expectations waiting for a nation that came and was defeated and while the former territories that made up Biafra are now loyal to Nigeria state and do not want to be associated with anything Biafra.
Biafra of 1967 is impossible even if Nigeria disintegrate today.Igbo nation is possible.

We will see. grin
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Highlife217: 4:03am On Jun 07, 2023
Igbos are the least tribalistic people as can be seen by voting patterns.
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by LordBillionz: 4:44am On Jun 07, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
Is it true that the 25% FCT case was thrown out by the courts against Peter Obi?
Chineke mee ebere. Penguin2 is there still hope for us to take our stolen mandate back? Please can somebody renew my hope in our cases at the tribunal.
It is not true!
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by UnknownT: 6:35am On Jun 07, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
The judge ruled that his court( Federal High Court) lacks jurisdiction to hear the case since the matter is already among the grounds of election litigation in the election tribunal (Appeal court). There's still hope
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Difrent: 6:49am On Jun 07, 2023
Penguin2:

they have been called tribalists and whatever names.

And the question is why?

IT'S because they were lying that they were not supporting peter Obi because he is an igboman. That is the biggest lie of the 2023 election because more than 95% igbos support Obi.

Then you insult abuse curse intimidate and blackmail other people for making their own choices..

Their insistence that everybody supports Obi clearly shows them as tribalists....why force your candidate on others instead of convincing them.....won't work anywhere

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by jmoore(m): 6:58am On Jun 07, 2023
Frank688915:
Politics is a game, in soccer once your opponent know you're a one way player, forget you're doom. same applies to politics, SE always go one way in politics by voting for one party, Taking SW for instance, Lp won Lagos state, PDP won Osun state, Apc won remaining states, that's the beauty of playing politics in a safer way.
And you will buy petrol at 50 naira per litre because you split your votes? You guys love to deceive yourselves.
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by jmoore(m): 7:01am On Jun 07, 2023
BentizilL:
You voted PDP not candidate, you trying to fool who?

If it's about competency, no sane Nigeria will Obi ahead of Tinubu... Majority of Nigeria choose competency to vote jagaban as our president.. kiss
No person with a working brain will choose b@bablu that was raising walking stick when national anthem is being played.
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Okoroawusa: 7:08am On Jun 07, 2023
There is nothing as terrible as a lie you keep telling yourself over and over again...

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Brek: 7:16am On Jun 07, 2023
I'll drop this here

1 Share

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Brek: 7:17am On Jun 07, 2023
Penguin2:

The question now is, how do we make Tinubu Owambe boys understand this thing you have written in simple English like this?

You can see they are avoiding this thread like plague because they have no response to the incontrovertible facts I’ve laid bare here.
True
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Penguin2: 7:18am On Jun 07, 2023
Difrent:

IT'S because they were lying that they were not supporting peter Obi because he is an igboman. That is the biggest lie of the 2023 election because more than 95% igbos support Obi.

Then you insult abuse curse intimidate and blackmail other people for making their own choices..

Their insistence that everybody supports Obi clearly shows them as tribalists....why force your candidate on others instead of convincing them.....won't work anywhere

If Igbos support for Obi in 2023 is because he’s Igbo, what informed Igbos’ support for Obasanjo in 1999 and 2003?
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Uyi168: 7:27am On Jun 07, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
South East region sabi better things since from time immemorial
yet, them get one of the worst governors.
how come

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Difrent: 7:35am On Jun 07, 2023
Penguin2:

If Igbos support for Obi in 2023 is because he’s Igbo, what informed Igbos’ support for Obasanjo in 1999 and 2003?

They voted Obj in 1999 AGAINST the wishes of the vast majority of Yorubas who wanted Olu falae....clearly you didn't do the yorubas any favour....is it not igbos that benefited most from Obj government?
My main grouse with igbos is the Lie that they are not supporting PO because he is igbo....what else could make almost all igbos support him?
And insultingly a Psquare, like most igbos want to be the one that will dictate who a whole tribe will put forward for leadership.....a very big insult.
We yorubas too would have voted an igboman if igbos had put forward a orji kalu or ogbonnaya Onu but not the deceptive PO you want to force down our neck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Penguin2: 7:39am On Jun 07, 2023
garfield1:

Umahi built malls which employed several ebonyians,built intl airport,built housing project for workers,built nursing and medical schools to train ebonyians,built standard markets,revamped nkalagu,invested massively in education,employed 10,000 and empowered 5000...

Anambra is easy to govern,with a small landmass and small public service dominated by women.most of the people are into the private sectors including govt workers.unemployment and poverty was low before obi came but he increased it.all he needed to do was to increase infrastructure,take care of workers,employ more workers and increase,bring more investors but instead he maltreated workers,doctors went on strike,neglected infrastructure and instead brought a brewery he had stakes in and invested there.what is the use of saving 72 billion for a successor that may waste it? If he was so good a manager,why didn't he invest it wisely or pump it into infrastructure?

Do you know that the concrete road technology is fantastic? A lot of ebonyi engineers are being trained in the technology.ebonyi used to be so backward in education but now they are catching up.umahi did what akpabio did in akwa ibom- and duke on crs,he exposed ebonyi to the world.ebonyi that was a thing of mockery in the se is now the cornerstone

Wait, so you count someone who was employed in a mall or Airport, and whose salary may not be more than 30k as being empowered? Is that what you understand as empowerment?

Again you claimed Umahi empowered 5000 Ebonyians and I wanna ask when and how, and with how much? Again I really wanna know what you understand as empowerment.

Lastly on your concrete road, this picture below explains all I wanna say about concrete roads. And this is not the first. Similar things like this litter the entire state where concrete was used but this is the only one captured on camera. And just a little heads up, the guy that posted that picture is an APC supporter, a Nwifuru supporter and a Tinubu supporter. You can clear your doubt by visiting his wall.

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Penguin2: 7:43am On Jun 07, 2023
Difrent:

They voted Obj in 1999 AGAINST the wishes of the vast majority of Yorubas who wanted Olu falae....clearly you didn't do the yorubas any favour....is it not igbos that benefited most from Obj government?
My main grouse with igbos is the Lie that they are not supporting PO because he is igbo....what else could make almost all igbos support him?
And insultingly a Psquare, like most igbos want to be the one that will dictate who a whole tribe will put forward for leadership.....a very big insult.
We yorubas too would have voted an igboman if igbos had put forward a orji kalu or ogbonnaya Onu but not the deceptive PO you want to force down our neck

Really?

Demonstrate to me, how Orji Uzor Kalu or Ogbonnaya Onu is more competent than Peter Obi; an allusion to their past achievements would help my understanding.
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by garfield1: 7:56am On Jun 07, 2023
Penguin2:

Wait, so you count someone who was employed in a mall or Airport, and whose salary may not be more than 30k as being empowered? Is that what you understand as empowerment?

Again you claimed Umahi empowered 5000 Ebonyians and I wanna ask when and how, and with how much? Again I really wanna know what you understand as empowerment.

Lastly on your concrete road, this picture below explains all I wanna say about concrete roads. And this is not the first. Similar things like this litter the entire state where concrete was used but this is the only one captured on camera. And just a little heads up, the guy that posted that picture is an APC supporter, a Nwifuru supporter and a Tinubu supporter. You can clear your doubt by visiting his wall.

Empowerment is basically training unemployed or unskilled people with some economic skills or vocation or giving grants,subsidies or funds to unemployed or underemployed people to set up businesses or making it easy for them to access soft loans.in a way,when you employ a hitherto unemployed or lowearning fellow in a mall,is that not something? A lot of indigenes of the state do so much undignified and strength sapping,laborious,tedious jobs in other states with low pay.umahi has reduced that to a large extent....

Concrete road technology just like other roads have their weaknesses.obi roads were inferior yo ngige roads.obi never built any flyover or any legacy project.the only visible project I saw that he did was provision of school buses to schools and it was in partnership with world bank.under him,the notorious cp nwafor reigned supreme at SARS.instead of him increasing the already depleted workforce,the stingy man was busy sacking people.by the time he left, unemployment and poverty increased.you can keep deceiving yourself but obi was an average governor.

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Penguin2: 8:53am On Jun 07, 2023
garfield1:

Empowerment is basically training unemployed or unskilled people with some economic skills or vocation or giving grants,subsidies or funds to unemployed or underemployed people to set up businesses or making it easy for them to access soft loans.in a way,when you employ a hitherto unemployed or lowearning fellow in a mall,is that not something? A lot of indigenes of the state do so much undignified and strength sapping,laborious,tedious jobs in other states with low pay.umahi has reduced that to a large extent....

Concrete road technology just like other roads have their weaknesses.obi roads were inferior yo ngige roads.obi never built any flyover or any legacy project.the only visible project I saw that he did was provision of school buses to schools and it was in partnership with world bank.under him,the notorious cp nwafor reigned supreme at SARS.instead of him increasing the already depleted workforce,the stingy man was busy sacking people.by the time he left, unemployment and poverty increased.you can keep deceiving yourself but obi was an average governor.

Fantastic definition of human capital development you have up there.

Now, going by your definition, apart from employing people in the mall, which is a significant number, what else did Umahi do by your own definition?

The people that were employed in a mall were less than 100 and are receiving peasantry payments as salary which does not qualify in anyway as empowerment.

But asides the mall, can you tell me the number of Ebonyians trained in skill acquisition? What skill? And what was the location and time of their training?

How many Ebonyians, by your definition, did Umahi support with soft loans to start a business or anything?

And hey, stop mentioning the Airport because it is not yet working so nobody is earning salary as an Airport employee in Ebonyi.
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by paramakina202: 8:54am On Jun 07, 2023
cazchi:

We will see. grin

You will wait until you are 98 years old.Keeping waiting? grin

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Godwin4444: 9:10am On Jun 07, 2023
Solidkay:
The Igbos voting for PO in the just concluded general election is on the ground of competence,
Mind you, it wasn't just the Igbos that voted massively for PO, but the Yorubas too,
Is see no tribal bigotry there.
which Yoruba vote obi?

Y didn’t obi get votes outside lagos?
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Godwin4444: 9:14am On Jun 07, 2023
Penguin2:

Igbos are not united yet they keep voting in one direction?

Define unity 🧐
igbos keep voting pdp not candidate

Get that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by adefitim(m): 9:14am On Jun 07, 2023
Show us the percentage each party got. 95-97% of this year votes went to Peter Obi...

1 Like

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by garfield1: 9:17am On Jun 07, 2023
Penguin2:

Fantastic definition of human capital development you have up there.

Now, going by your definition, apart from employing people in the mall, which is a significant number, what else did Umahi do by your own definition?

The people that were employed in a mall were less than 100 and are receiving peasantry payments as salary which does not qualify in anyway as empowerment.

But asides the mall, can you tell me the number of Ebonyians trained in skill acquisition? What skill? And what was the location and time of their training?

How many Ebonyians, by your definition, did Umahi support with soft loans to start a business or anything?

And hey, stop mentioning the Airport because it is not yet working so nobody is earning salary as an Airport employee in Ebonyi.

I think it's time you mentioned what obi did

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Godwin4444: 9:17am On Jun 07, 2023
Brek:
I'll drop this here
from 99 to 2023 have igbos ever voted anyt other party aside pdp?

1 Like

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Penguin2: 9:20am On Jun 07, 2023
Godwin4444:
igbos keep voting pdp not candidate

Get that

Are you therefore suggesting that people like Governors Hope Uzodimma and Francis Nwifuru or APC didn’t win their elections free and fair but rigged themselves in since Igbos didn’t vote them?

Are you suggesting that Governor Soludo of APGA was not voted for by Igbos?

Are you also suggesting that Senators Umahi, Orji Uzor Kalu and other APC senators from the East were not voted for by Igbos?

Are you saying that Senator Ifeanyi Uba of YPP was not voted for by Igbos?
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Penguin2: 9:22am On Jun 07, 2023
garfield1:

I think it's time you mentioned what obi did

Is that how you want to run away from telling me the number of people Umahi empowered?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Water Front: Old To Become New / Do We Glorify Mediocrity In Nigeria? / The Most Fashionable: Fashola’s Wife VS Tinubu’s Wife! Who Hot Pass?(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.