Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,664 members, 7,851,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:04 PM

No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes (44560 Views)

Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri / No Man's Land! : Lagos Here We Come! (pics) / Mamman Amadu Asks Lawmakers To Make Laws To Regulate Birth Rate In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by RecentHistory: 3:38pm On Jun 07, 2023
mauchiz:

I have never defended ipob,i can say you are a liar,i have every right to seek Dangote job in Lagos,am a Nigerian.
Stop telling igbos to go back to there state,Lagos state is not ur state,you have a state, i only said allow lagos indigenes rule there states,which is true.
Am not ur problem,
'

You have a right to seek Dangote job in Lagos but you are supporting Ipob that burnt down Dangote trucks in your own region.
You are a wicked soul and God will punish you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 3:39pm On Jun 07, 2023
osothermal:
They news said Lagos indigenes not yoruba indigenes

Lagos indigenes nice , I will always like people to be fair to one another, and respect each other, even if it's the matter of indigenes in any state or any part of the world...but in defacto other Yoruba are going to be absorbed , atleast Ogun and Lagos still have a lot of ethnic groups in common, Egun , ijebus, aworis.....and other yorubas can easily blend and don't forget the statement from the speaker " they say Lagos is no man's land, Lagos belongs to Yoruba" , so other Yorubas are considered de facto.

If I say onitsha belongs to yoruba , even a man from umahia or owerri will be angry with me.

So leave the brothers alone for now , if it's your turn , they will call you ( outsiders).

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by muhammaduyusufu: 3:39pm On Jun 07, 2023
cktheluckyman:
Let Lagos state government first initiate madness ,they will soon find out that no region or state has a monopoly over madness.
They have been calling for that madness to start like forever. Stay current.

3 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Chetas81(m): 3:39pm On Jun 07, 2023
Taylor92:
Fvck Lagos

Lagos is a no man’s land

Na Igbos develop am
Ogun killed you 😜 you better follow inamdi kanu for his burial 😜 I think you did not remember your Evans the kidnapper inside prison that is why you're here talking rubbish

6 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Nathan2016: 3:39pm On Jun 07, 2023
cktheluckyman:

Oga but Asaba is igboland.What brand of weed are you smoking? IAsaba is not in the SE but it dpes not make it less an igboland just like yorubas in Kogi and kwara states.

Most Nigerians are mumu, no need to stop them from their stupid ignorant self.

They forget geopolitical zone is not geographical zone.

There are many igbo towns in south south. I mean the past governor is igbo, so i dont even understand why this is an argument.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Teeklef(m): 3:39pm On Jun 07, 2023
APCNig:

When we start dumping you ar Upper Iweka Bridge Head, Onitsha, you will know
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by ValeeLove(m): 3:40pm On Jun 07, 2023
The level of tribalism on this thread alone is on international-level racism and even more than. It really sucks. You people should wake up, we are one country. If you don't want it, please leave and stop harrasing others. What is it sef.

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

I'm actually the one on topic, and the one reeling out sense to your thick skull!

I vehemently object to Lagos being termed "No man's Land" by settlers from all over Nigeria! However, such would never have arisen if the state leaders took steps to enact proper laws to protect their lands and indigenes!

So, who is wailing and who is talking trash between both of us??! cool

Flatter yourself comrade, I have moved on, other posters are in my mentions seeking my attention grin

4 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by muhammaduyusufu: 3:41pm On Jun 07, 2023
Cholls:
My brothers and sisters I hope this new laws will not prevent their men from marrying Ngozi,Amaka,Chiyere from the East o
It's just like. You marry and date people around you. Alot of Igbo ladies are married to Yoruba guys today because the girls parents migrated to the SW. It would happen vice versa if yorubas migrate to the SE in large numbers.

3 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2023
RecentHistory:
'

You have a right to seek Dangote job in Lagos but you are supporting Ipob that burnt down Dangote trucks in your own region.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Yomit71(m): 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2023
Sermwell:

Without the oil in the Niger Delta, there will not be Chevron in Lagos! I know you're not smart enough to know that grin
And your brain is too dull to know it can be source elsewhere.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Jbleenk: 3:45pm On Jun 07, 2023
nnamdi640:
It is only a criminal that will reason base on what you just said, did you write it on documents that you are renting out? Continue deceiving yourself. If that is the case you selling it would have started it clearly on the documents if not criminality that is disturbing some of you.

Your response shows you know nothing about real estate. This is well stated in CofOs issued by governors. You can do your findings.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Poske95(m): 3:45pm On Jun 07, 2023
Of all moves....?!
As someone cited, na now una eye open....?!
If it's that side, it'll backfire and show how myopic they are.
This state was the country's capital, and it opened up due to the laws and the people. But quietly it has worn this psyche that non Yoruba speaking people even born here for decades are not entitled to a say.
It's a land under the laws of the FG and the Constitution.
If it changes......then ....until then
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by NzogbuNzogbu: 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2023
cocolacec:

If others cannot buy land in Igboland enmass then other regions must reciprocate such gestures in their regions too.
see ehen, it's not really that igbos don't sell land to others o

The truth is igboland is not attractive to a non Igbo

A non Igbo person can go to West or north because it's cheap to live and they have market

A non south south person can go to the south because of oil money, market

But these people can't go to the east cos it's unnecessarily expensive, crowded market, no oil money, so unless the normal quota of people who just migrate just to try new ground no body really goes there (with the recent Monday sit at home, insecurity, and the confrontation they keep doing with the FG).

That place is not viable, I see hundreds of estate agents selling same Igbo lands cheaply online even on nairaland everyday, so it's not true they don't sell lands to strangers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by muhammaduyusufu: 3:48pm On Jun 07, 2023
Glister:
Very myopic and scrupulous post! So u go to New york now and they will tell u because u are not an indigene u cannot own this or do that..yeye .i am an indigene of Lagos and i can bet you most of you are not! Most of the people spearheading such laws can not even pass second appeal at the court not to talk of 1st!! They themselves are not indigenes..Bola Tinubu is not an Indigene,Sanwo Olu is not, even Obasa might not be..the true Lagosians are peace makers and business oriented not all this miscreants in govt that chase people from voting!!
Are you saying the Elegushi is not Lagosian. Dey play

3 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Mancala: 3:48pm On Jun 07, 2023
Jbleenk:

No land in Lagos or any part of Nigeria is outrightly sold in the real sense. The lands you think are sold are actually on lease for a period of 100years after which the state can allow you to renew if it so wish and remember gov of a state have the power backed by low to revoke title document of any land.

A vast majority of the people here do not understand this fundamental aspect of the laws governing land ownership in Nigeria, that land is sold under a leasehold agreement not a freehold agreement, similar to what obtains in some areas of London. The governor of a state holds all the cards and can legally revoke land C of O at any time. You cannot lease for longer than 99 years!
"The Nigerian Land Use Act 1978 is the principal legislation regulating land tenure in Nigeria. Section 1 of the Law states that “Subject to the provisions of this Act, all land comprised in the territory of each State in the Federation are hereby vested in the governor of that State and such land shall be held in trust and administered for the use and common benefit of all Nigerians in accordance with the provisions of this Act”.

"Landowners need to acquire a Certificate of Occupancy, generally known as C of O, which the State Governments of the land will issue as evidence of a right of occupancy. This right of occupancy is granted to individuals to occupy, develop and use the ground for a period not exceeding 99 years. "
This means all the rights you have for this land are a lease, which just means the government may take your land anytime.
Although the Land Use Act states that land use must not exceed 99 years, the Act does not specify if a Certificate of Occupancy granted can be renewed after the expiration of the 99-year leasehold, leaving the Governor with the option to continue or not.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Sermwell(m): 3:51pm On Jun 07, 2023
Yomit71:

And your brain is too dull to know it can be source elsewhere.
So tell us where else it can be sourced! Werey grin
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by BentizilL: 3:52pm On Jun 07, 2023
nymphomaniac:
It will be a Pyrrhic victory for the 10th assembly if they enact this devious plan of theirs. The Courts are there to protect and where the Courts do not, karma is there. If the igbos leave Lagos, it will be a shadow of itself. #FingersCrossed
To hell with you if you don't leave Lagos...
You think we're joking with you right?

We fed and clothe you b*stars after Biafra war, but you've the gut to call Yorubaland no man's land...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by muhammaduyusufu: 3:52pm On Jun 07, 2023
SmartPolician:
This is a great move! If you are a genuine Lagos indigene reading this, I must commend you for allowing others do in your state what they will never allow in their own states.

I hope those who will formulate the so-called laws are people whose ancestorial homes are Lagos State though. A Lagos indigene has never been governor of the state since 1999 and they all kept quiet. Those indigenes tolerate a lot of NONSENSE from other Yorubas!

randymirrors:

Oga, we don't mind. Yorubas are one everywhere, anytime. There can never be division amongst we Yorubas. So that NONSENSE you put up there has zero value.
That was the same game GRV tried to play in Lagos by seperating Lagos yorubas from other yorubas, and it backfired bigly on his face. Infact, Obasa, an Awori yoruba from Agege just said Lagos is Yorubaland.

The same game they also play by trying hard to divide Yorubas in Muslim and Christians. All those shenanigans doesn't work on the SW unlike other regions of Nigeria.

It's effort in futility.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by NzogbuNzogbu: 3:53pm On Jun 07, 2023
Poske95:
Of all moves....
As someone cited, na now una eye open....?!
I've been how other state indigenes move to Lagos, and because they are Yoruba speaking, use that in connivance with its locals to oppress and outtax others.....
If it's that side, it'll backfire and show how myopic they are.
This state was the country's capital, and it opened up due to the laws and the people. But quietly it has worn this psyche that non Yoruba speaking people even born here for decades are not entitled to a say.
It's a land under the laws of the FG and the Constitution.
If it changes......then ....until then
Kano is under the FG laws which says that alcohol is legal for all and even gives Kano revenue from it

But Kano has a state law that says alcohol is illegal and still collects revenue from it

Igbos keep creating problem for we non igbos in lagos with their tap mouth

All my family in Lagos their is no one that don't own house in lagos, but it's Igbo that started making this a myopic achievement to brag them own Lagos

The Lagos government would not even need to twist too much, their can be a simple law that people from non states xyz would need like sureties etc to get land or buy house

Those stuffs can be so complex you sef would rather stay as tenant

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by nnamdi640: 3:53pm On Jun 07, 2023
RecentHistory:

Agric Cof O is 15 years, your C of O is for 99 years. Na to shorten your CofO to 15 years and kick you out at the expiration of your sublease. grin
Hahahaha! If like reduce to 1year, hunger will still make your people to sell more. Beside, as long as it was not stated on the documents, you can't do any shit.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by NzogbuNzogbu: 3:54pm On Jun 07, 2023
muhammaduyusufu:

That was the same game GRV tried to play in Lagos by seperating Lagos yorubas from other yorubas, and it backfired bigly on his face.

The same game they also play by trying hard to divide Yorubas in Muslim and Christians. All those shenanigans doesn't work on the SW unlike other regions of Nigeria.

It's effort in futility.
but muric helps us understand you Yoruba Muslims better and you don mean well for Yoruba christians

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by muhammaduyusufu: 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
but muric helps us understand you Yoruba Muslims better and you don mean well for Yoruba christians
Yorubas don't take that muric prof serious just like a lot of Igbos don't take Simon Ekpa serious.

The yorubas have centuries old tradition of inter-marrying among different religions..Muric prof won't break that tradition in a few years. It's not uncommon to find siblings or parents that are of different religions in the SW.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by RecentHistory: 3:56pm On Jun 07, 2023
nnamdi640:
Hahahaha! If like reduce to 1year, hunger will still make your people to sell more. Beside, as long as it was not stated on the documents, you can't do any shit.

Which document? See this dumb gala hawker.

Land Use Act put all lands in the state in the hands of the Governor. He can collect your land and give you 10k as compensation. Carry your house on your head and move.

Go and ask why Ojukwu's father couldn't take a single grain of sand as property in Lagos.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by nnamdi640: 3:56pm On Jun 07, 2023
Jbleenk:

Your response shows you know nothing about real estate. This is well stated in CofOs issued by governors. You can do your findings.
The real owner of land is fg, the power fg has over any land in Nigeria is greater than that of state government, just keep your real estate to yourself and continue deceiving yourself.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by mauchiz: 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2023
RecentHistory:
'

You are an illiterate,i cant join issues with you,moreover am not ur mate,mind the way you talk to me.
Social media,don't mean,you should throw away your manners
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by muhammaduyusufu: 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2023
Jagungidi:

Rubbish.

You are not from Osun state. If you are, then you are the dumbest person from osun state if you really believe a yoruba man will target you in Lagos because you are from osun state.
Infact, I am confused at his posts. grin

3 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by AfonjaConehead: 3:59pm On Jun 07, 2023
Jagungidi:

The incoherent idiot wasn’t making any sense and won’t stay on topic grin I can’t respond to gibberish rantings of a wailing wailer in severe pains.

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by nymphomaniac(m): 4:00pm On Jun 07, 2023
BentizilL:

To hell with you if you don't leave Lagos...
You think we're joking with you right?

We fed and clothe you b*stars after Biafra war, but you've the gut to call Yorubaland no man's land...
I have to ignore you. I will be a big fool if I don’t IGNORE you

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Maliqcious: 4:00pm On Jun 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Funny people
In this twenty first century

Na im people dey come up with this kind ancient and primitive ideas

If we should even discuss the real owner of lagos… You they mind them but if you reason na still out of fear

The Binis own lagos

Please if you don't know your history don't quote me

Meet any of your elderly ones and ask them or rather walk into any of your monarch Palace and seek for knowledge

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27) (Reply)

Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits / Highlights Of Sanwo-Olu’s Press Briefing On COVID-19 / Fayose Praises Buhari, Urges Nigerians To Accept Election Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.