Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo (7179 Views)

Four Nigerians Win British Parliament Seats / Federal Government Orders Bodies Of Four Nigerians Executed In Indonesia / Buhari Was A Better Leader Than Obasanjo - El-Rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by dragon2(m): 7:42pm On Mar 31, 2006
i think u ave to first consider their leadership (not rulership)qualities and their ability to manage human resources. how many have successfully run large multinationals?.hmmmmm. none?. then how much more a country of millions. lets face it many of our political elite became elite not by way of various qualities but by bending down low. and for goodness sake let activists remain where they are: in the oppositon.writers are not leaders!.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Hotstepper(f): 5:20am On Apr 01, 2006
@cabali, I have been around ohhhhhhhh, how far with u?
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by yeepa(m): 5:24pm On Apr 08, 2006
@ drag on

How many large multinational was run by PM Tony Blair before he bacame the prime minister? How many large multinational did Thabo Mbeki before becoming President or Mandela. Abeg no use dat one as yardstick for assessment.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by issy: 9:00pm On Apr 08, 2006
ALHAJI AKINNIYI OBANKOLE
CHIEF FRANK KOKORI
CHIEF UZOR KALU ALHAJI
GENERAL IBRAHIM BABAGINDA
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Zahymaka(m): 10:16am On Apr 29, 2006
Mujahid Asari Dokubo

Ateke Tom

Jakumo

? ? ?
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by cabali(m): 7:52pm On Apr 29, 2006
@ zay lol!
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by omoifa(m): 8:06pm On Apr 29, 2006
except OBJ, Shehu Shagari, Buhari, IBB, and Shonekan none of your list has been tested. Ruling Nigeria is not a walk in the park. Especially at this cross road when you have thieves on one side and Thieves-to-be on the other. When the going gets tough you need to use tested and trusted hands. At this point in time we can only choose from my list above. Anything outside that can only be possible setback.

Maybe after OBJ we could consider Buhari. I wouldn't go further than that.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by omoifa(m): 8:09pm On Apr 29, 2006
Sorry i forgot Gowon. Very fine young man. Well read. Maybe he could make the third on my list.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by omoifa(m): 8:10pm On Apr 29, 2006
Sorry i forgot Gowon. Very fine young man. Well read. Maybe he could make the third on my list.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by fomsky(f): 11:29pm On Jul 14, 2006
I think there's only one person I know who should be our next president: Donald Duke. He's the governor of Cross River State and he has produced great results. You need to go there yourself.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by lewa(m): 1:42am On Jul 15, 2006
My list
1 Chief Emeka Anyaoku
2 Professor Pat Utomi
3 Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe-in case you guys dont know,he was Chief of General Staff,
Supreme Military Headquarters from 1985-1987 under IBB.
4 Dr Ngozi Okojo-Iweala
If eventiually power would rotate to the S/S, S/E these are my candidates who would continue the present reforms and bring about sustainable development.Destiny beckons, more than ever before.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by celemel(m): 9:55pm On Jul 15, 2006
1. Donald Duke
2. Donald Duke
3. Donald Duke and
4. Donald Duke.

It may sound like absolute tautology, but he has been governor and has broken the toga of power that revolves around the office, making it look simple and easy. Above all, he has used the people's money to better the lot of the people (of course, the people is what govt is all about), and also understands the rubrics of public administration and the civil service, having been commissioner for finance and then, governor for 8 yrs. It takes experience to lead a country as complex as Nigeria.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by buchio7(m): 10:15am On Jul 16, 2006
being an activist or critic of the government does not mean that the person has the qualifications to lead a nigeria even though they have impeccable integrity. examples abound to that effect e.g being that an alex ekwueme that one person proposes is not as "angelic " as u may believe becos he has run down a lot of companys due to his over bearing style of management in d south east(e.g.diamond breweries,pal breweries,brollo onitsha ) and has in effect cost a lot of families sleepless nights thinking of where to earn there keep.
having said dat i believe that d person that reall typifies wat nigeria needs is not known by anyone but God.it may be u reading dis text or me but disabuse ur mind dat some of d names being bandied can be good political leaders.They are definitely not
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by buraimoh(m): 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2006
I prefer God  devine chosen candidate to save the country not from all the list above
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Mariory(m): 2:40pm On Jul 24, 2006
buraimoh:

I prefer God devine chosen candidate to save the country not from all the list above

And who decides God devine chosen candidate? Is it the first pastor that claims it? The most popular pastor?
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by TayoD(m): 3:45am On Jul 25, 2006
1. Shina Rambo

2. Monday Osunbor

3. Lawrence Anini

4. Gov Alamasiegha
@Dauda,

Haba, this is not fair o. How can you put the pot-bellied ex-governor Alams in this group!!! Kai, Alams don suffer o.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by DaHitler(m): 3:54am On Jul 25, 2006
Buhari (Honest and stick leader. Exactly what Nigeria needs)

Jerry Rawlings (Brutal and fairly honest leader that got Ghana to where it is now. They now make 2.5 times as much as the average Nigerian. This is the same Ghana that people were fleeing to come to Nigeria in the early 80s. With the way things are now, I won't be surprised if they have Nigeria must Go bags in Ghana now. Afterall, Nigerians are fleeing their failed State to be part of the country they looked down on with contempt in the 1980s.

Gideon Orka (its a pity that the bastard known as IBB killed him. Ibb, your time is comming you pos)

Afeni (If I was to run Nigeria for 8 years, the people would storm the National assembly demanding that the constitution be amended to give me life-long rule)
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Zahymaka(m): 4:09am On Jul 25, 2006
You, my friend, flatter yourself. grin
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 25, 2006
Buhari is far ahead the others during is regime he instilled disipline in the country and arrested all the corrupt politicians in shagari goverment and realeased those who were not found wanting such as shagari,ogbeh who were clean.He also seized all there property and froze all there foreign accounts of the corrupt politicians what he embarked on was similar to what rawlings of ghana did in his country before he was overthrown by the selfish IBB and co for not letting them loot the country blind.There excuse was that the economy was poor but did'nt tell nigerians that the reason the economy was poor was because there was a glut in the oil market(that is over supply of oil which bring about reduction in a barrel of oil) which reduced the earnings of nigeria.Buhari was accused of been despotic and ruthless but that is the type of president nigeria needs because most nigerians are stubborn and corrupt buhari is the type of leader nigeria need to deal with the corrupt system.When the corrupt IBB overthrew Buhari he returned all the property to the corrupt politicians that were seized by Buhari and unfroze their foreign accouts were they stased there loot.As you can see Buhari is the best candidate.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Mariory(m): 1:03pm On Jul 25, 2006
You've got to b e kidding right? buhari as a DEMOCRATIC president? LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by lekywhite(m): 1:44pm On Jul 25, 2006
well i can't think of four, but come to think of it the only one i know and im sure can do it is:

1. PASTOR ADEBOYE- RCCG

If he can co-ordinate over a million member of that congregation home and abroad, i have no doubt that he can lead nigeria to the promise land, how i wish God could give him the go ahead

Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Mariory(m): 1:55pm On Jul 25, 2006
[Sacarsim]I am sure once he believes he has a chance, God will automatically speak to him and instruct him to run. [/Sacarsim]
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by LoverBwoy(m): 5:54pm On Jul 25, 2006
lekywhite:

well i can't think of four, but come to think of it the only one i know and im sure can do it is:

1. PASTOR ADEBOYE- RCCG

If he can co-ordinate over a million member of that congregation home and abroad, i have no doubt that he can lead nigeria to the promise land, how i wish God could give him the go ahead

If i can remember my 1,2,3 properly i believe there is a huge difference between 1million+ and 150million+  wink

and causing roadblocks for several hours just for a convention is against human right!!
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Christino(m): 6:15pm On Jul 25, 2006
- Christino
- Chief Onigbinde
- Clifford Orji
- Daddy Showkey

C'mon we need down to earth people. Millitary men and elites have let us down. consider these guyz please.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by shango(m): 9:47pm On Jul 25, 2006
if the next president is a Northerner the country will split up. People putting up Shagari must be nuts. Mark my words if a northerner comes into power in 07, even if the elections are deemed "fair" the country will split and we will see another regional war.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Christino(m): 3:58pm On Jul 27, 2006
One has just been assassinated.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 14, 2006
ibb
utomi
obj
duke
?
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by jimmyjam: 3:57am On Aug 24, 2008
1 Mohammed Buhari
2 Buba Marwa
3 Nuhu Ribadu
3 Dora Akinyuli
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 24, 2008
Yaradull tongue
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by ayinba1(f): 2:26pm On Aug 24, 2008
Moi
Myself
I
Emi

Oh yes, that is my list wink
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Kobojunkie: 2:42pm On Aug 24, 2008
roflmao!!!
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by SegzyJoe(m): 11:35am On Aug 25, 2008
@post
I do not have any problem with all the strange bedfellows and character listed above but one thing am sure of is if anyone of them had taken over when OBJ did in 1999, they would have been the worst dictator in Nigerian history.

I wonder how anyone of them would ve handled just one case of political Sharia?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"PDP Is Losing Members" - Bamanga Tukur / Gov. Fayemi Dissolves Cabinet / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.